[upcoming][Jdrama Winter 2010] ヤマトナデシコ七&#227

Immortal_Angel

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the manga is turning into a drama, it gives me the feeling of Hana Yori Dango. Four beautiful guys that every girl from school wants to date. Sunako is consider average looking and the 4 guys' duty is to turn her into some kind of a beauty queen. Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing both the manga/anime but I'm saying that once it turns into a live-action, it will give me the same feeling of HYD. I can't explain it right now but I will just leave it as is.

I haven't been keeping up w/ this manga for a long time.. I forgot what really happen though.. maybe I should pick it back up again. Anyway, before the cast was revealed I was picturing Seto Kogi as Yuki too but Tegoshi is not a bad choice either. I thought maybe Yuriko Yosh*itaka would look good as Sunako. Glad to see Uchi back and maybe w/ this role, everyone will remember him as Takenaga.

UPDATE NEWS:

JORSubs announced that they are going to release Hardsubs for this drama!

GiriGiri Fansubs announced that they are going to release Softsubs for this drama!

EXTRA INFO:

* It is said that instead of Yamande taking placing in High School like the manga they decided to switch and let it take place in college instead

TRANSLATED NEWS

- Kame has been cast to play Takano Kyohei in the drama adaptation of "Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge" ("Perfect Girl Evolution", "The Wallflower") manga. The main charcter in the story, Nakahara Sunako, will be played by Omasa Aya. The rest of the cast includes Tegoshi, Uchi and a ballet dancer called Miyao Shuntaro.

Sponichi

Kamenashi will be playing quick-tempered “brawling boss”

Kame: 「I want to play Kyohei, stand up to him, i'll give my personal habits up to be able to play him well. I am already training before the crack up in December starts to be ready. 」

Producer: 「One of the main reasons to cast him was his physical hability. He will be able to portray the sharpness of the character.」

First Kamenashi drama in TBS since 3 nen B-gumi Kimpachi Sensei 5

wgrpcw.jpg

Cap from TBS Asazuba

CREDIT TO: TSUYAKA @ LJ (if you take this out pleaseeeeeeee credit Tsuyaka@LJ!!!!)

Guest angelkiki04

I'm disappoint at the casting....I love this manga......and kame doesn't seem like the best fit for Kyohei, and why is it mainly Johnny Jr. guys...I like them but.....>.< we'll see how the drama goes......

I think the 4 guys are fitting the characters, not sure about the female lead though. I expected some other actress who has an aura of coolness like Sunako

o gosh call me a hater but i just had to put my opinion on this since this is my all time favorite manga, i don't want to see the drama go down the drain. yes, i'll admit i'm not looking forward to the live drama at all. 3 reasons why

1) not really the cast i've had in mind. i know that 3 of the 4 guys are tall and not saying that Kame or any of the others aren't but they're more average height to me and plus Takano Kohei's character is the tallest out of the group and the most stubborn/ hardheaded although i know Kame will do a good job.

2) i know Wallflower the manga is still ongoing plus the anime was pretty short so i'm curious as to how they're going to connection everything into a 9-11 episodes drama.

3) sure i do love Kame and yes he's a better actor than a singer but seriously i think the jpop/ jdrama scence favor johnny boys a little too much, kind of bias since i know there's better actors out there.

my cast:

* Mokomichi Hayami as Takano Kohei (personally he's got the height and he was sort of a bada** in Rondo and rebellious in BB but then agian this one is kind of open to me..i'm not so sure about moko either)

* Oomasa Aya as Nakahara Sunako ( i guess i'm happy with her...no one really come to mind and i really don't want to see mizuki up for another shoujo role, i need fresh face)

* Seto Koji as Toyama Yukinojo he does have the baby face and is a good actor himself

* Shirota Yuu as Oda Takenaga (my friend and i agree since he played tezuka[POT] and Nakamura Tsuyoshi[sHS] well and both are complete opposite; Takenaga is sort of in the middle

* Mizushima Hiro as Morii Ranmaru (i love him and i know it's bias but he was a playboy in hana kimi)

ok that's just stating my opinion so if you don't like anything said above, there's really no need to bash please.

Guest JAMIESHOCK

Well, Johnny boys are primarily trained to be dancers and singers and not exactly actors. They don't teach acting there since you'll probably make more money doing CMs and producing CDs. Being market friendly holds more weight than acting ability and we all know how marketable those boys are. An idol who is visually pleasing and can sell a product well will probably be cast as a lead in a drama sooner or later regardless of their acting level. I guess it kind of helps them get roles like these since Johnny boys are basically groomed to look like manga characters most of the time haha.

This manga is getting a lot of praise. I will look into it during winter break. :] I guess I'd probably enjoy the drama if I have no expectations, which I don't. Maybe I should read the manga after I watch the drama...

And yay, for GiriGiri! Love their softsubs. <3

Guest garnet07

Been reading your comments and seems like most of your complaints has to do with his height. Eehh, you know Matsumoto Jun portrayed HYD's Tsukasa really well, but he's not supposed to be the shortest of them all. Same goes for Kame who is a good actor so I'm sure he can pull this off. Just wait until the show airs before criticizing.

Guest cystaltears

I can't see Kame as Kyohei! I imagined Kyohei being much manlier and taller and buffer..Kame is too little..

Tegoshi is totally Yuki material! He's so small and girly..

I don't know about the others since I don't know them..

I can't wait till this drama! the manga is sooooooo good and funny... I wish they can make sunako look like the short/fat but cute sunako often drawn in the manga..it's soo funny...

I guess we should give Kame a try in this new role despite his height issue or whatever..

Well, I have seen the first ep of the anime and I agreed that I don't see Kame as Kyouhei too, but that doesn't mean he can't possibly show his best acting skills as what we ever expected the real Kyouhei should be..

Again, I believe that Kame can pull it off in this highly anticipated drama.

hi.. been watching the anime on our local tv station here in the philippines. and i was like surprised that there would be a live action adaptation on this.. how would they do nose bleeding effect? everytime sunako is near kyohei!!.. yey!!.. i'll be waiting for this one!!

avinn

:) Yes give the manga a try, it's really good (better than the anime)

I am happy to see people documenting themselves about the story ^^

As i said i am not concerned with Kame's acting or physique (that's a silly excuse against him considering other examples as good as Matsujun), my concer as you saw when you watched the anime is that he "doesn't feel" like Kyohei, Ranmaru? yes, Kyohei......

Anyway i am already saying good bye to many things i love from the manga... :(

I hope that at least they keep Hiroshi, Akira, Josephine; Sunako's "madness", her personality and power, enough to not make her dissapear behind Kyouhei...the society critic...so many things; so far seeing them, specially Kyouhei, dressed like they are for the promo shoot seems so off...Kyouhei is not a prince, he is the fartest apart from that, and i hope they keep that despite the look in the promo shoots :S

I think the best i can do to not be totally dissapointed is consider this drama as based upon not as Yamanade, and hope it surprises me, but i am quite dishearted, i guess that happens to everyone when they fav manga gets adapated and it doesn't match their expectations :( (bye to Kuriyama Chiaki as Sunako too)

Immortal_Angel

There are more updates in Tsuyaka.

avinn

:) Yes give the manga a try, it's really good

As i said i am not concerned with Kame's acting or physique (that's the sillyest excuse against him considering other examples as Matsujun), my concer as you saw when you watched the anime is that he "doesn't feel" like Kyohei, Ranmaru? yes, Kyohei......

Anyway i am already saying good bye to many things i love from the manga... :(

I hope that at least they keep Hiroshi, Akira, Josephine; Sunako's "madness", her personality and power, enough to not make her dissapear behind Kyouhei...the society critic...so many things; so far seeing them, specially Kyouhei, dressed like they are for the promo shoot seems so off...Kyouhei is not a prince, he is the fartest apart from that, and i hope they keep that despite the look in the promo shoots :S

I think the best i can do to not be totally dissapointed is consider this drama as based upon not as Yamanade, and hope it surprises me, but i am quite dishearted, i guess that happens to everyone when they fav manga gets adapated and it doesn't match their expectations :( (bye to Kuriyama Chiaki as Sunako too)

Immortal_Angel

There are more updates in Tsuyaka.

LOL.. long ago, my sisters and I thought that if Wall Flower was going to turn into a live-action drama, Chiaki Kuriyama would TOTALLY fit the role but Chiaki as an actress, she doesn't seem to go for that type of teen drama role. When it was announce that Wall Flower was turning into a live-action, the second person came to mind was Yuriko Yosh*itaka since she's a young rising actress. If I had it my way, these are the cast I want to see,

(Appearance wise)

Sunako Nakahara- Chiaki Kuriyama/Asami Mizukawa

Kyouhei Takano- Kato Kazuki

Takenaga Oda- Aiba Masaki/Okura Tadayoshi

Yukinojo Toyama- Koike Teppei(this pic proves that he would be a good choice too. http://i50.tinypic.com/b6dh0x.jpg /Seto Koji

Ranmaru Morii- Osamu Mukai

Guest Justalilodreamer

WOW seriously?? :o never thought this was live-action material...

the cast seems quite good (except tegoshi eeeek) . I've given up on the manga, hopefully the live series will be more interesting. Then again, Japanese live actions rarely disappoints imo, im guessing they'll change and add alot of things to make it more meaningful and interesting :D

Guest garnet_moon

I am really disappointed with the cast list. >__< I do not fancy Kame in any of his dramas. Okay I forgive in 1 pound no fukuin because I think stupid roles fit him best

Anyway, I kinda decided to give this a chance. *sigh*

My dream cast list: (I'm dreaming of all non-JE casts)

Sunako Nakahara- Harada Natsuki / Kutsuna Shiori

Kyouhei Takano- Tamayama Tetsuji

Takenaga Oda- Okada Masaki / Mizobata Junpei

Yukinojo Toyama- Koike Teppei / Seto Kouji

Ranmaru Morii- Osamu Mukai / Narimiya Hiroki

I'm very excited for this drama but I too think Kame might not be the best Kyohei. But I do hope that is proved wrong because at max this series could be near the level of Hana Yori Dango.

I also guess that the casting for the insane amount of girl extras in love with the boys would have been easy lol

Guest xdeathberry

Well, I actually have no clue who everyone is, but going by their appearances, they seem to be appropriate, somewhat.

Haha

I hope this doesn't get screwed though. It was one of my favorite mangas. I really do hope it's as humorous as the books.

[bahaha. Is it just me or has anyone else envisioned some of the members of TVXQ as somewhat similar to the character in appearance anyway? Lol Just something random I used to think about when I used to read the comic books. lmao]

Archived