I noticed there isn't a topic for this yet if there is please tell me ^_^

iw5jd1.jpg

* Title: ヤマトナデシコ七変化

* Title (romaji): Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

* English Title: The Perfect Girl Evolution

* Format: Renzoku

* Genre: Comedy

* Broadcast network: TBS

* Broadcast period: January 15, 2010 (start)

* Air time: Friday 22:00 (10.00 p.m)

* Official Website: http://www.tbs.co.jp/yamanade2010/

Synopsis:

Takano Kyohei is a handsome but bad-tempered university student who is always ready for a fight; Toyama Yujinojo possesses a cuteness that can be mistaken for a girl; the cool-headed Oda Takenaga excels in academics and sports; and the princely Mori Ranmaru loves females, accept a proposal from the female owner of the house where they are lodging at for “free lodging if they are able to transform her niece into a proper lady”. Her niece, Nakahara Sunako lives in a gloomy and solitary world because of an inferior complex about her looks.

Credit: http://jdramas.wordpress.com/2009/11/30/up...er-dramas-2010/

Extra Detail Synopsis:

The live-action drama adaptation of Tomoko Hayakawa's manga "Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge" was confirmed on Sunday. KAT-TUN's Kazuya Kamenashi (23) will play the lead role and will be joined by Hiroki Uchi (23) and NEWS member Yuya Tegoshi (22).

The comedic story revolves a group of handsome young men who are offered free lodging if they can turn the owner's niece into a proper lady. Kamenashi plays the short-tempered Kyohei Takano, while Uchi and Tegoshi play two of his housemates. Aya Omasa (18) has been cast as the niece Sunako, a solitary girl with low self-esteem. As the men work together to change Sunako, she and Kyohei begin to form a romantic relationship.

The cast also includes ballet dancer Shuntaro Miyao (25). TBS will premiere the series on January 15, airing every Friday at 10:00pm.

credit: tokyograph

CASTS:

* Kamenashi Kazuya as Takano Kohei

* Oomasa Aya as Nakahara Sunako

* Tegoshi Yuya as Toyama Yukinojo

* Uchi Hiroki as Oda Takenaga

* Miyao Shuntaro as Morii Ranmaru

* Hoshino Aki

PRODUCTION CREWS:

* Original writing (manga): Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge by Hayakawa Tomoko (はやかわともこ)

* Screenwriter: Shinozaki Eriko (篠崎絵里子)

* Producers: Ishii Yasuharu, Mishiro Shinichi

* Director: Ishii Yasuharu

UPDATE NEWS:

JORSubs announced that they are going to release Hardsubs for this drama!

GiriGiri Fansubs announced that they are going to release Softsubs for this drama!

EXTRA INFO:

* It is said that instead of Yamande taking placing in High School like the manga they decided to switch and let it take place in college instead

SHORT PREVIEW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdpEP4KXh0I

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the same thought that Kyohei's role might not be perfect for Kame as a short-tempered guy as we have seen him played more of a sensitive and cold manner..Anyway, who knows if he can pull it off in this new role.. B)

I can hardly wait to see him in another dorama again.. :D

Somehow this drama kinda reminds me of 'Nobuta Wo Produce' :rolleyes:

Guest JAMIESHOCK

MmMMmmMm, it's been a while since I watched a drama with more than one JE boy eye candy (My Girl doesn't really count...) in the main cast. Falling out of the JE loop really makes me unmotivated to watch the dramas they star in.

I can totally picture Tegoshi as that character and it'll be great to see Uchi again. I can't seem to get through "Osen," but maybe I'll get through this. ;_; Ehh, Kame, good luck with this role! I can't remember the last drama I watched with him in it. Probably "Tatta Hitotsu no Koi" back in... 2006?

I kind of liked Oomasa Aya in "Taiyou to Umi no Kyomini coopersu" sort of. She was all right, but no wow factor.

I'll see if I have time winter quarter to follow this (but another drama may catch my eye instead lol)~ a fansub group will undoubtedly take on this drama as a project. xD Not having high hopes for this drama will allow me to enjoy it, I think haha.

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

Somehow this drama kinda reminds me of 'Nobuta Wo Produce' :rolleyes:

Exactly what I thought when I read about the niece who lives a gloomy and solitary life and needs to be transformed by guys.

Guest kinella

OMG! is this for real? :o

loooooved the anime and the first 8 volumes of the manga are just looovely

kame is back! looking forward for this!

As you can tell by my icon i am a BIG fan of this manga, in fact i am already waiting for chapter 97 vol. 24...so here i am talking as a fan of this manga.

I am dissapointed about the casting..., this could have been great but this is one big misscast, I always pictured Kame in this BUT as Ranmaru, a character he fits better.

If we work with this cast in terms on fitting the character? by looks the dancer guy should be Takenaga, he looks older and too serious for Ranmaru; Uchi has more Kyouhei in him than Takenaga and Kame is more like Ranmaru, but since they have even turned the original story where Sunako is the main charater into a drama where the main character has turned to be Kyohei i guess it can't be helped. Tego as Yuki is ok even when i would have liked someoen like Seto Koji for example, but got not a lot of complains about him, at least he can look like a girl; and the girl...i don't know her so i'll wait to see what she does, she has been given a very difficult character, very extreme...

Now it's done and we can only hope this turns out well.

For those saying this remind them of Nobuta...please read the manga, this is nothing like Nobuta. In fact for many this is a surprising manga, not a normal shojo, very random crazy and funny but also with very deep questions under the surface. Give it a try it's fast to read :)

Guest Shiget^

Tego as Yuki is ok even when i would have liked someoen like Seto Koji for example, but got not a lot of complains about him, at least he can look like a girl; and the girl

Ohh Seto Koji is a good choice for Yuki too but I think they choose Tegoshi because of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9odxGVjZOU

he cosplayed girls a few times so hehe

but I think Uchi would fit Ranmaru than Takenaga but Kame would fit Ranmaru too

I haven't found someone to play Kyohei, I was thinking Yamapi tho but ummm

Guest Recycle

I absolutely resent this! LMAO...don't get me wrong, I love the anime~

I just don't agree with the casting...

How they gonna have puny Kame as Kyohei?

He's not fierce enough (>_<) Maybe Hayami could pull the role off with his height but that's about it...

Oomasa's a bit too...cheery for Sunako...

*sigh* I'll watch anyway because I love them.

For those saying this remind them of Nobuta...please read the manga, this is nothing like Nobuta. In fact for many this is a surprising manga, not a normal shojo, very random crazy and funny but also with very deep questions under the surface. Give it a try it's fast to read :)

Hmmm...It's great to know that this is totally different from Nobuta as I really expecting Kame in different type of genre. Will go hunting for it.. :)

Btw, this is taken from unleashthegeek blog..thanks to you..

Aya looks cute here..

Omasa Aya Blog

Drama Announcement30th November 2009 12:00

2sbmphf.jpg

I have news for everyone today!

I will appear in the TBS drama series 'Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge' from January 15, 10pm onwards. Kamenashi Kazuya-san plays the lead role while I will be playing the role of Nakahara Sunako.

It's the first time that I'll be playing the role of a heroine. When I first heard about this, I was very happy, but extremely anxious as well.

But after meeting the producer, director, staff, and knowing that I always have support from my agency, my strength has been drawn out! I'm feeling positive and look forward to tackling this role.

I will do my best so that everyone can enjoy watching the series.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

Guest moony8705

I think this will turn out well. From what Jdramas I have seen, TBS does a really good job with adaptations. The director also has been one of the directors of Hana Yori Dango, Kurosagi, and Ryusei no Kizuna (all adaptations and TBS dramas btw). As for the cast, I'm not too familiar with their abilities. I think Tegoshi as Yuki is a good pick looks wise though.

I don't think no one can be beautiful as much as kyouhei-sama! >__< Kame is a good actor and i like Kame but his height.. I mean he is a little bit puny and nothing like kyouhei >_> I'll trust his acting for now.

I hope it will be an K-drama version, too. Jang geun seuk or Kim Jae Wook as Kyouhei! >__< :drools:

btw I love the manga and sunako is one of my fav shoujo girls! eagerly waiting the skeleton girl and hiroshi-kun lol

though yamanade is about a crazy awesome girl and 4 radiant creatures :P but I believe it gives the similar warm feeling like nobuta.

Guest crazyfrog

YAYYY!!!!!!!! Kame!drama is always good! and this one actually sounds watchable, unlike his last two dramas which made me go ?_? can't wait for the drama!!

Guest In.tro}

omg omg omg omg omg omfg!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THE MANGA SO MUCH~

I cannot wait for the drama to come

out. I like Kame and the cast but I

agreed with Recycle.

Kyohei character seem very mascline

to me. But eh *shrugs* what is done is

done!

I hope they do a good job with this drama. this is one of my favorite mangas and cast all the right people for it.....I hope all the guys are all good looking like they are suppose to be. sometimes the guys they cast are not very good looking but they make it seem like they are suppose to be in characters that call for good looking men.

Archived