Gong Hyo Jin 공효진

melusine

Guest poiulk

박찬욱 감독, 공효진 주연 '홍당무' 제작자 나선다

2008-01-07 15:15:48

[마이데일리 = 장서윤 기자] '지금까지 볼 수 없었던 가장 도전적인 코미디'를 표방한 영화 '홍당무'(감독 이경미 제작 모호필름)가 6일 경기도 원당에서 첫 촬영에 돌입했다.

'홍당무'는 이른바 '비호감' 캐릭터인 양미숙(공효진)이 자신이 짝사랑하는 남자의 연애를 막기 위해 그의 딸(서우)과 사심 가득한 동맹을 맺으면서 벌어지는 이야기를 주 줄거리로 하고 있다.

단편영화 '잘돼가? 무엇이든'으로 미쟝센 단편영화제 최우수상, 서울여성영화제 최우수상, 아시아나 국제단편영화제 대상 등 국내외 각종 영화제를 수상한 이경미 감독의 장편 데뷔작으로 박찬욱 감독이 제작자로 나서 더욱 주목 받는 작품이다.

자신만의 색깔이 분명한 배우 공효진이 얼굴이 곧잘 빨개지곤 하는 양미숙 역으로 분해 색다른 모습을 선사할 예정이다. 또한, '용의주도 미스 신' '바람 피기 좋은 날'의 이종혁이 전혀 원치 않는 양미숙의 사랑을 받는 '서선생'으로, 배우이자 감독인 방은진이 그의 연상의 부인 역으로 등장해 오랜만에 스크린 나들이를 한다.

여기에 영화 '아들'과 '옥메와까' CF로 급부상하고 있는 신세대 스타 서우가 공효진과 동맹을 맺는 종희 역으로 출연할 예정이다.

한편, 6일 진행된 첫 촬영에는 박찬욱 감독이 제작자이면서 또한 선배 감독의 입장으로 참석, 촬영을 지켜보며 '홍당무' 팀을 응원하기도 했다.

[영화 '홍당무'의 주연배우 공효진-이종혁. 사진=마이데일리 사진DB]

장서윤 기자 ciel@mydaily.co.kr

기사 제보 및 보도자료 press@mydaily.co.kr

모바일 마이데일리 3693 + NATE/magicⓝ/ez-i

- NO1.뉴미디어 실시간 뉴스 마이데일리(www.mydaily.co.kr) 저작권자 ⓒ 마이데일리. 무단전재&재배포 금지 -

*----------------- Who can translate....please...

Congratulations to her, she really deserves it.

She was perfect in [Thankyou] & is truly one of the better actresses, showcasing her skills across a different number of roles.

Not to mention the fact that I just adore her sense of style ^O^ It's sometimes a little quirky if you will, but mostly I'd say she pulls it off. I like this pink gown on her. On someone else it might not work but I think she looks so precious in it =)

I think I'm the only one who haven't seen Thank You :sweatingbullets: but I've already started with episode 1.. yupyup.. thanks to the inspirational win by GHJ in the previous MBC awards. Congratulations... GHJ looked so radiantly glowing at the ceremony. Actually.. I've been meaning to watch the series but as usual.. always the latecomer. :blush:

Have to admit I've only seen her in Snowman.. which I just love... everything & everyone in the drama, controversial or not. That's my first encounter of GHJ. But I must say .. in Thank You.. as the young mother, I've not seen anyone so perfect and beautiful as GHJ in her role. Oops.. I forgot the Biscuit Teacher, too. :P

Really glad that GHJ has one of the best threads here in soompi, too. Miss you, Melusine!

ah Gong Hyo jin has a new movie ..~ which i think is one of the director is Dir Park ^^ .suppose to be a comedy it seem abt a girl who fall in love with her teacher ..lol lee jong hyuck is casted as the teacher .

Wah! A romcom by Dir. PCW and he picked GHJ! That's really great news. Thanks Shirley!

GHJ's been really busy and being in great series/movies in 2007.. wish her lots of luck in the new project, way to go! Hahaa.. if it's a comedy by Dir. PCW.. I can watch that.

[New Year greetings]

KongHyunJoo_cm_02.jpg20080108.02500113000001.01M.jpg

KongHyunJoo_cm_06.jpgKongHyunJoo_cm_03.jpg

credit: sidusHQ

http://www.dramabeans.com/2008/01/expect-t...park-chan-wook/

Expect the unexpected from Park Chan Wook

Stylistically forward director Park Chan Wook has made a name for himself both domestically and internationally with such films as Oldboy, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, Cyborg Girl, and JSA (Joint Security Area). Gong Hyo Jin was most recently in the acclaimed 2007 drama Thank You and won a Korean Film Award for her supporting role in the film Happiness, and her resume is full of noteworthy roles, including but not limited to Ruler of Your Own World, Sangdoo Let's Go To School, Taekwon Girl, and A Good Day to Have an Affair.

And now they join together in Park's newest film: "an unconventional comedy film made by unconventional people," Hongdangmu, or loosely, Scarlet Blush (Gong Hyo Jin's character is an unpleasant sort whose face is always flushed red). Gong's character tries to deter the attentions of a man who harbors a one-sided affection toward her (actor Lee Jong Hyuk of A Dirty Carnival, Green Rose, Crazy in Love), and enters into a wary alliance full of ulterior motives with his loner daughter in order to ward him off.

Billed as a provocative screwball comedy, the film began filming on the 6th and is based on a multi-award-winning short film, How Is It, Whatever It Is, by director Lee Kyung Mi in her debut directorial project.

The film is planned for release sometime in the first half of 2008.

http://lunapark6.com/chan-wook-parks-busy-...snow-train.html

Chan-wook Park's busy 2008 (Evil Live, New York I Love You, Hongdangmu, Snow Train)

After the 2006 release of 'I'm a Cyborg, but That's OK' the much admired director, Chan-wook Park, has kept a relatively low profile. That's all about to change as Park has a slew of new projects coming down the pipeline. For people who are not familiar with Chan-wook Park's work, he has directed such notable films as 'Joint Security Area,' 'Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance', 'Oldboy', and 'Sympathy for Lady Vengeance'. Now with that stated here's what Mr. Park is about to unleash in 2008.

[...]

Chan-wook Park isn't directing 'Hongdangmu' but he will be making his debut as a producer in this film. The film will be directed by newcomer Kyoung-mi Lee and stars the red hot Hyo-jin Kong (Memento Mori / Happiness / M). In the movie Hyo-jin Kong plays Mi-sook Yang, a woman who teaches Russian in a middle school temporarily. She has been bullied throughout her school years. Her face is frequently flushed and she fell into expansive delusion and also delusion of persecution and even sticks to things abnormally. However, she is fighting for her first love now and doing her best to achieve love in an insensible way. In the meanwhile, several awkward circumstances happens to people surrounded.

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/oldboys-pa...-scarlet-blush/

OLDBOY's Park Chan-Wook Has A SCARLET BLUSH!

Mr. Park, you sly devil ... while the legion of devoted fans Korean director Park Chan-Wook made for himself with his trilogy of vengeance themed films have all been holding their breath awaiting his long rumored vampire film Bakjwi - which Park says will be a melodrama and not a horror and is apparently the Park title currently listed as untitled at the HAF - and his big budget scifi collaboration with The Host's Bong Joon-Ho, it seems the Korean auteur has been quietly cooking up something else entirely.

Word is that on January 6th a new Park-produced screwball comedy titled Hongdangmu or Scarlet Blush began shooting. The film stars Gong Hyo Jin as a woman who strikes up an uneasy relationship with a young loner to help ward of the unwanted attentions of the girl's father. Release is slated for the first half of 2008.

http://www.koreanfilm.org/new.html

CRUSH AND BLUSH. ("Hongdangmu") Director Lee Kyeong-mi graduated from Seoul Foreign University with a degree in Russian and later entered in the Korean Academy of Fine Arts where she created several respected short films (including the wonderful Feel Good Story) before graduating in early 2004. Afterwards, she worked on the set of Sympathy for Lady Vengeance in addition to continuing to direct her own films. She is now working on her first feature film starring Kong Hyo-jin (Family Ties, M). Kong plays a girl who has a crush on an older man played by Lee Jong-hyeok (Radio Dayz, Mr. Socrates). In order to get into his favor she befriends the man's daughter who is an outcast among her peers. Suh Woo (My Son) plays the daughter and Bang Eun-jin (301/302, Road Movie) also takes a prominent role. This drama is being produced by Park Chan-wook's production company Moho Films.

33206a.jpg

More news / news / news / news / news / news / news / news

And if that wasn't enough to blow your mind, there are rumors of a possible GHJ-RSB movie (again fuelling shippers' reconciliation hopes :wacko: ). <News / News / News> *crossing fingers*

Many thanks to shirley and javabeans for the news. Will react later. Still hyperventilating from too much happiness.

And if that wasn't enough to blow your mind, there are rumors of a possible GHJ-RSB movie (again fuelling shippers' reconciliation hopes :wacko: ). Articles here / here / here *crossing fingers*

Many thanks to shirley and javabeans for the news. Will react later. Still hyperventilating from too much happiness.

January 8, 2008

Ryoo Seung-beom and Kong Hyo-jin are co-starring in "Dajjimawa Lee", suggesting the possibility of reunion

200801080842084550if4.jpg

Ryoo Seung-beom and Kong Hyo-jin are going to co-starring in "Dajjimawa Lee" (Director Ryoo Seung-wan/ Production agency: Owe-yoo-nae-kang). The possibility of the formal couple's reunion had been suggested ever since.

The Ryoo Brothers' (director Ryoo Seung-wan and actor Ryoo Seung-beom) new film, "Dajjimawa Lee" is already at the center of attention. It is a longer version of its shorter version of (35 min long) which was made in 2000 and became a sensational hit in the internet. The sole purpose of the shorter version was to screening in the internet. Lim Won-hee, who starred in the shorter version, is once again appearing in the longer version of "Dajjimawa Lee" with Ryoo Seung-beom and Kong Hyo-jin.

Ryoo Seung-beom and Kong Hyo-jin began their relationship when they co-starred in SBS mini-series "Beautiful Days" "Wonderful Days/Splendid Days" in 2001 and they co-starred in the film "No Manners" once again in 2002. Even after they broke up, they acted a couple in the film "The Birth of a Family" (2006).

The possibility of the ex-couple's reunion had been continuously suggested when they appeared together in various official events. Recently, the ex-couple attended a volunteer work in church, adding more expectation to their fans to see them getting back together again.

Original article at news.daum.net, translation credits to hancinema.net

Guest Yehbaby

awww, she looks luminous and very lovely here.....thanks for posting GHJ's latest pics, melusine. :D

and thanks rubie for the news of her upcoming movie with Ryu Seung-beom. they were so good together! i can't wait for this movie and the other one with Park Chan Wook, both sounds promising. GHU is on a roll! :sweatingbullets:

Guest paigehk

aw...Ryu Seung Bum and Gong Hyo Jin in a movie!!! It's a must watch for me. I love both of them!!

Usually their movies and dramas are always good.

and thanks rubie for the news of her upcoming movie with Ryu Seung-beom. they were so good together! i can't wait for this movie and the other one with Park Chan Wook, both sounds promising. GHU is on a roll! :sweatingbullets:

Thanks to Melusine's initial highlight actually.. I'm just helping out to copy, paste & post the article to share with everyone here. :blush:

But indeed.. GHJ's really on a roll. Hope everything goes well for her, in 2008 and more to come! :lol:

Guest kdramafanusa

Arirang Showbiz

People are talking! The rumor is that a celebrity couple MIGHT be getting back together after a heart-breaking break-up! We're talking about Ryu Seung-bum and Gong Hyo-jin.

The two celebrities go WAY back. They went to the same elementary school! But that isn't where the relationship started - Ryu Seung-bum and Gong Hyo-jin officially began dating in 2001, when they co-starred in the TV drama, "Wonderful Days".

Much to the surprise of the public however, the two announced that they were just "going to be friends," early 2003.

They DID seem to remain friendly after their public break-up. They worked in productions together, AND at the end of last year, they were seen together doing community service for a church organization. But rumors of the two dating again didn't arise until they were cast side-by-side in director Ryu Seung-wan's movie, "Dachimawa Lee"!

So... is it true or not? No one knows for sure, but we'll make sure to keep an eye out for any updates!

Thursday, 17 January 2008

"Lust," "Warlords" dominate Asian Film Awards

Written by Patrick Frater

HONG KONG – "Lust, Caution" and "The Warlords" collected the most nominations for the upcoming Asian Film Awards. Ceremony, in its second year, will take place in Hong Kong March 17.

The two pics, which are among the biggest Asian box office winners in the fall-winter so far, each garnered six nods and will compete for the best film award.

Nudging the leading pair is Chinese helmer Jiang Wen's "The Sun Also Rises," which has five nods, followed by Korea's "Secret Sunshine" and "I Just Didn't do it," pic which was Japan's Oscar nominee, with four nods each.

These five pics dominate the lists for best film and best director, though also in the running for best film is Iran's "Buddha Collapsed out of Shame," and Zhang Lu also gets a best director nod for Korean-French pic "Desert Dream."

Surprising by its complete absence from the nominations list is "The Assembly," Feng Xiaogang's war story, which rivals "Warlords" at the Chinese B.O., was the Pusan fest opener and boasts stunning tech work in its battle scenes.

Otherwise, the selection is slightly wider and fractionally less art-house than last year. Indian megahit "Om Shanti Om" gets two nods and art-house pic "Frozen" gets one, for cinematography. "Tokyo Tower: Mom and me, and Sometimes Dad," and "Always: Sunset on Third Street 2" each get three nominations.

Source: Variety Asia

http://www.varietyasiaonline.com/content/view/5326/53/

Related sites

http://www.asianfilmawards.org/eng/nominations.html

http://www.asianfilmawards.org/pdf/AFA%202...Release-Eng.pdf

The full list at the NEWS thread

LIST OF NOMINEES (re: Nominee Film Title Country/Territory)

Best Supporting Actress

1 Joan CHEN Sun Also Rises, The Chinese Mainland, The/ Hong Kong

2 KONG Hyo-jin Happiness South Korea rbhcool.gif

3 KIM Hye-soo Skeletons in the Closet South Korea

4 Apinya SAKUJAROENSUK Ploy Thailand

5 YAKUSHIMARU Hiroko Always: Sunset on Third Street 2 Japan

Source: http://www.asianfilmawards.org/eng/nominations.html

Guest jelly_pudding

i didn't really like her at first.. or think she's that pretty.. but yah;;

she is actually pretty lols. like she didn't do any surgery?

yah..

"When you feel true love...you follow the way of the heart."

3@K3b286.jpg

"When you're in love you feel like your heart can life you to a higher place and put you on top of the world..."

a6Rbb401.jpg

Director's Cut Awards - 12/21/07

339l1228965377pv1.jpg

kp1_071221050800.jpg

200712212111451124_1.jpg

kp1_071221050700.jpg

200712212054541126_1.jpg

News / News / News / News / News / News --> HyoJin received a Cinema Angel plaque.

Ha:Sang;Beg+Roy fashion show - 1/23/08

200801230417mt4.jpg

creins34342745zu6.th.jpg creins34342747ea1.th.jpg creins34342746lh5.th.jpg

News / News / PopSeoul --> She looks awful, like she couldn't be bothered <_<

HyoJin was also one of the stars (along with Park HaeIl, Ryu SeungBeom, Director Lee MyungSe, Son YeJin, Lee EunSung, Go AhSung, etc) who attended the VIP screening of "Hansel and Gretel" last Dec 26. [Video]

In other news, Hongdangmu was mentioned in the Korea Times article Must-See Films in 2008.

P.S. rubie!!! *hugs* Thanks a lot for sharing the news. I'm happy about her Asian Film Awards nom, and sooooooooo psyched for "Dajjimawa Lee".

^You're welcome. (:

Anyone has a clip of her acceptance speech at the MBC awards pls?
It's a month late, sorry. I made a cut of GHJ's interview and acceptance speech, and also found a couple of streaming vids.

So here ya go:

2007123021041210011ur6.jpg

kp1071231001100tq3.jpg

Red carpet

[TagStory] [Sportsseoul] [YTN Star|DL] [YTN Star|DL] [SPN] [YouTube]

2007123021080210011px8.th.jpg n2007123100300253001mk7.th.jpg 20071231001422wt8.th.jpg kp1071230046000za2.th.jpg 20071231001421ps3.th.jpg nisi200712300005830752wtp3.th.jpg

n2007123100264096701gk7.th.jpg nisi200712300005830748wba6.th.jpg pp07123000035fz9.th.jpg 200712310235ne1.th.jpg 2007123021222521001iy4.th.jpg 11990161311661fh8.th.jpg 3021544859361000090ak0.th.jpg

2007123021540011121ic6.th.jpg 2007123021023511141nu3.th.jpg 20071231001423do3.th.jpg n2007123100285595001pu6.th.jpg nisi200712300005830746wsg9.th.jpg 2007123021515510011wi8.th.jpg 200712310010990hq9.th.jpg

hjli4.jpg

Interview

[MediaFire] [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY1GH1IfwgE]

tablerq5.jpg

photo25611no331771ml2.jpg

Top Excellence Actress

[SendSpace] [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlh34Vc0VyU] [YouTube] [YouTube]

n2007123115133931001wb2.th.jpg 2007123102053210011la1.th.jpg dfhj1.th.jpg

Backstage

[YouTube] [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1WwCwxCuRk] [YouTube]

n2007123100275612301ca4.jpg

more clips @ cutiepie's drama goodies

Btw, her dress is from Jill Stuart's Spring/Summer 2008 RTW collection.

<clickable thumbnails>

No hotlinking pls!

• 2 weeks later...