PLEDIS ent auditions LA

Guest pinki

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Guess I should've attended the Pledis audition instead of the SM Globals in LA. At least Pledis might be willing to listen to my demo that day (due to the small number of attendants) instead of SM which refused to listen to demos citing only A&R had authority for music submissions... If only Pledis had announced the time an location before I bought plane tickets and booked hotel, I would've skipped the SM auditions all together...

So wait...You went to SM's Live audition just to hand in your demo? What category did you audition for?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest korniceman3000

So wait...You went to SM's Live audition just to hand in your demo? What category did you audition for?

I auditioned for songwriting/composing.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

I auditioned for songwriting/composing.

Well there wasn't a category for song composing for the Pledis Auditions...Only for singing, dacing and modeling :mellow:

Guest followyourdreams

I didn't know about the LA auditions for pledis til about a week ago

so I'm planning to do an email audition for pledis

what are my chances of becoming a pledis trainee through email auditions?!

and also the second round for email audition process is a 1:1 meeting with the casting people

would I have to go to korea for that process?

I can go to korea for training but I can't fly to korea just for an audition

am I guaranteed a trainee if I make to the final round where I would have to go to korea and audition in person???

Guest korniceman3000

Well there wasn't a category for song composing for the Pledis Auditions...Only for singing, dacing and modeling :mellow:

I guess I would have auditioned for songwriting/lyricist (and just do the composing portion for that) They did feature song writer/lyricist as a category. Since they had A&R and some management present as well as a small number of applicants, I'm sure they would've given at least 20 seconds to play my demo cd... unlike SM

Guest ohdangchang

I didn't know about the LA auditions for pledis til about a week ago

so I'm planning to do an email audition for pledis

what are my chances of becoming a pledis trainee through email auditions?!

and also the second round for email audition process is a 1:1 meeting with the casting people

would I have to go to korea for that process?

I can go to korea for training but I can't fly to korea just for an audition

am I guaranteed a trainee if I make to the final round where I would have to go to korea and audition in person???

after email auditions which is the first round.

they would do callbacks

not sure if they have a final one in korea, but i would imagine so

since you have to do it in front of the CEO or whoever's in charge of the company.

or they might just ask you to come straight to Korea since they dont have a base in american for auditionings since that was just for US auditions.

and just worry about passing the first round. after that if they are really interested in you, they will arrange you to come over and meet with them, they'll even pay probably since they would be possibly investing in you.

hope that helped!

Guest followyourdreams

yesss you did help me out a LOT!!

thanksssss :DDD

I've been going after SM email auditions for months

but I haven't gotten anything of any sort of acknowledgment from them

and it's extremely frustrating.. -___-

so I've decided to go for pledis and many others since SM's not the ONLY entertainment company

would I have a chance for pledis if I'm more confident in dancing than singing?

I wouldn't say I'm terrible at singing but I have a bit more confidence when I dance...

after email auditions which is the first round.

they would do callbacks

not sure if they have a final one in korea, but i would imagine so

since you have to do it in front of the CEO or whoever's in charge of the company.

or they might just ask you to come straight to Korea since they dont have a base in american for auditionings since that was just for US auditions.

and just worry about passing the first round. after that if they are really interested in you, they will arrange you to come over and meet with them, they'll even pay probably since they would be possibly investing in you.

hope that helped!

Guest icecube.

This girl that does archery with my cousin got into Pledis. She's a freshmen and I guess Pledis was looking for a certain "look" that would go with them which was not skinny as you can see from the rest of the AS members but more like toned and tanned, etc. or something like that. My aunt and cousin told me that she got paid by Pledis ? to go to Korea I guess or something like that.

Guest ohdangchang

^ did she audition in korea?

do you happen to have any pictures? hmm

well if shes toned and tanned isnt that skinny? lol

if she's still a freshman she still has many years to train and get better

lucky her

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

^ did she audition in korea?

do you happen to have any pictures? hmm

well if shes toned and tanned isnt that skinny? lol

if she's still a freshman she still has many years to train and get better

lucky her

From icecube's past posts about his friend I believe she auditioned with us at the Los Angeles USA Auditions...They basically picked her out of all those other auditionee applicants because they were looking for that specific image...She really is lucky.

Guest ohdangchang

ohh

so she wasnt a good singer/dancer?

they mainly picked her because of the image she had?

danngg .. she is lucky :/

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

ohh

so she wasnt a good singer/dancer?

they mainly picked her because of the image she had?

danngg .. she is lucky :/

Well I don't know if icecube's friend can sing or dance but I will say this...Pledis does focus more on the dancing and the image. From my experience when I auditioned, they focused on this really pretty girl who auditioned as a model in my group...She couldn't sing or dance worth a darn but they held her back for more questions (they asked her to sing but that was a failed deal lol) because she was pretty.

After that experience, I'm pretty much jaded over korean entertainment companies..But now that I know that talent isn't everything I'm still going to audition to companies because now I see the harsh reality of korean entertainment labels. It openned my eyes nd it just makes me want to try even harder :)

Guest ohdangchang

Well I don't know if icecube's friend can sing or dance but I will say this...Pledis does focus more on the dancing and the image. From my experience when I auditioned, they focused on this really pretty girl who auditioned as a model in my group...She couldn't sing or dance worth a darn but they held her back for more questions (they asked her to sing but that was a failed deal lol) because she was pretty.

After that experience, I'm pretty much jaded over korean entertainment companies..But now that I know that talent isn't everything I'm still going to audition to companies because now I see the harsh reality of korean entertainment labels. It openned my eyes nd it just makes me want to try even harder :)

i agree.

companies nowadays are looking for looks rather than singing capabilities

you can always become a good singer and get trained or just use heavy auto-tone like nowadays

while looks, you either look ugly or not or you can get tons of plastic surgery..

its harsh but reality, i suck at dancing so there goes some of my chances T.T

i can sing kinda, and my looks.. idk LOL

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

i agree.

companies nowadays are looking for looks rather than singing capabilities

you can always become a good singer and get trained or just use heavy auto-tone like nowadays

while looks, you either look ugly or not or you can get tons of plastic surgery..

its harsh but reality, i suck at dancing so there goes some of my chances T.T

i can sing kinda, and my looks.. idk LOL

Oh don't get me started on auto-tune lol :lol: Back in the day ( boy do I feel old) auto-tune was only used to not to fix crappy singing voices but to high-tech the voices to make them sound robotic on most RnB and hip hop music. Now it's just being abused by no talent hacks ( Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus anyone?)

As for plastic surgery...Well it can only take you so far until you start to look like a one of those caricature drawings you see at the mall lol. Like for example I was watching this K-drama with one of the actresses I can literally tell her jaw was shaved off! I was like thinking "woah! Half of that girl's face is almost gone! What happened to her jaw-line?!?!? :o "

And may I ask ohdangchang...Were you at the Pledis Auditions? Cuz there was a guy their that auditioned who looked familiar to your avatar pic.

Guest ohdangchang

Oh don't get me started on auto-tune lol :lol: Back in the day ( boy do I feel old) auto-tune was only used to not to fix crappy singing voices but to high-tech the voices to make them sound robotic on most RnB and hip hop music. Now it's just being abused by no talent hacks ( Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus anyone?)

As for plastic surgery...Well it can only take you so far until you start to look like a one of those caricature drawings you see at the mall lol. Like for example I was watching this K-drama with one of the actresses I can literally tell her jaw was shaved off! I was like thinking "woah! Half of that girl's face is almost gone! What happened to her jaw-line?!?!? :o "

And may I ask ohdangchang...Were you at the Pledis Auditions? Cuz there was a guy their that auditioned who looked familiar to your avatar pic.

yeahh that's truee

now they abuse auto-tune and hide the fact that people can't sing

and they think its all cool with it being high-tech modern..

makes most people sick.. i miss old kpop in the 90's godd

those were the days...

curious how old are you? xDD

yeahh tons of actress/singers get some things done to their face

its scary.. especially the before and actor pictures o.O

nope. i wish i could have gone. i cant do to any auditions i live in northern california

and all the auditions are in LA which is like 8 hour drive. no one can take me.. T.T

do you think you did decent at the auditions?

so they made a contract w/ only one girl?

is she in korea or she going over the summer? (i think i read about her )

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

yeahh that's truee

now they abuse auto-tune and hide the fact that people can't sing

and they think its all cool with it being high-tech modern..

makes most people sick.. i miss old kpop in the 90's godd

those were the days...

curious how old are you? xDD

yeahh tons of actress/singers get some things done to their face

its scary.. especially the before and actor pictures o.O

nope. i wish i could have gone. i cant do to any auditions i live in northern california

and all the auditions are in LA which is like 8 hour drive. no one can take me.. T.T

do you think you did decent at the auditions?

so they made a contract w/ only one girl?

is she in korea or she going over the summer? (i think i read about her )

I'm 25...lol yep I'm old in Kpop entertainment doggy years lol. :lol: For me I'm not trying to break into Kpop persay...I'm trying to break out into more of a ballad singer...I don't mind not getting recognized or get famous, as long as I get paid to sing the openning theme songs to those Kdramas and Jdramas. But I'm also interested in acting too :D

.I first auditioned as an actress, but not even 2 minutes into my monologue they called out "next!" lol...I got so pissed I auditioned again as a singer and when I went in the second time the judges looked at me like "why is she in here again?" When I sang their reactions were rather dramatic. They started looking at each other and were all saying "wow" and "can you believe the voice?" types of looks. After I was done they asked me if I prepared a dance...I was like "No.." and sat back down on my chair lol...I'm not a dancer either so that hurt my chances of a callback at least.

And I think she will go after she finishes her year in high school...At least I presume she will cuz it'll be better for her to transission well into an international school with full papers and documentation that she passed the freshman year.

Guest ohdangchang

I'm 25...lol yep I'm old in Kpop entertainment doggy years lol. :lol: For me I'm not trying to break into Kpop persay...I'm trying to break out into more of a ballad singer...I don't mind not getting recognized or get famous, as long as I get paid to sing the openning theme songs to those Kdramas and Jdramas. But I'm also interested in acting too :D

.I first auditioned as an actress, but not even 2 minutes into my monologue they called out "next!" lol...I got so pissed I auditioned again as a singer and when I went in the second time the judges looked at me like "why is she in here again?" When I sang their reactions were rather dramatic. They started looking at each other and were all saying "wow" and "can you believe the voice?" types of looks. After I was done they asked me if I prepared a dance...I was like "No.." and sat back down on my chair lol...I'm not a dancer either so that hurt my chances of a callback at least.

And I think she will go after she finishes her year in high school...At least I presume she will cuz it'll be better for her to transission well into an international school with full papers and documentation that she passed the freshman year.

thats a good route to take :D i hate how in kpop you (most of the time) have to debut as a teen or young adult to make it big :/ and nowadays there are soo many groups and there are going to to be more and more as the years goes by. few years back there were only a good number of really popular bands and stuff but now, everyone is popular a bit and its hard to outshine all the other groups unless ur in the big 3. seems like there's 3 stages of popularity in korea. 1. don't break and hardly known. 2. moderately well known like 4min, kara, tara, mblaq, beast etc etc, then theres the really popular ones like BB, Suju, shinee, snsd, 2pm who always win when they come out in shows and have bigger fan bases over asia.

and i wanna be able to sing for those dramas too, especially traditional ones like queen seon duk and action thriller dramas like Iris.

lol so after you auditioned you went back and filled an app and did singing? xDD that would leave a good impression on them haha, sounds like you can sing pretty well xD

and pledis seems like an all girl, dance co. dont know of any guys as trainees there LOL.

yeah that makes sense, i would probably finish this year and go to a int school if i did manage to get a contract with a co.

so are you planning to do any online/email auditions soon? im eagerly waiting for my mic to arrive..

Guest icecube.

She auditioned in LA cuz she's from Irvine .. I don't know her personally but my aunt and cousin knows her .. my aunt it wasn't really TALENT TALENT in singing or dancing but more like 끼 is what it's called in Korean but it's not really talent .. but something else that's hard to explain ..

Guest ailannguyen

I'm actually surprised not a lot of people went to Pledis Entertainment auditions..LOL. I actually thought that a lot of people would go to this audition as much as SM, or JYP, you know? lol.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

thats a good route to take :D i hate how in kpop you (most of the time) have to debut as a teen or young adult to make it big :/ and nowadays there are soo many groups and there are going to to be more and more as the years goes by. few years back there were only a good number of really popular bands and stuff but now, everyone is popular a bit and its hard to outshine all the other groups unless ur in the big 3. seems like there's 3 stages of popularity in korea. 1. don't break and hardly known. 2. moderately well known like 4min, kara, tara, mblaq, beast etc etc, then theres the really popular ones like BB, Suju, shinee, snsd, 2pm who always win when they come out in shows and have bigger fan bases over asia.

and i wanna be able to sing for those dramas too, especially traditional ones like queen seon duk and action thriller dramas like Iris.

lol so after you auditioned you went back and filled an app and did singing? xDD that would leave a good impression on them haha, sounds like you can sing pretty well xD

and pledis seems like an all girl, dance co. dont know of any guys as trainees there LOL.

yeah that makes sense, i would probably finish this year and go to a int school if i did manage to get a contract with a co.

so are you planning to do any online/email auditions soon? im eagerly waiting for my mic to arrive..

I know right? And if you debut at an older age then your type casted to sing trot music *shudders* Just thinking of myself singing trot music gives me the heeby jeebies lol. :blink:

Yeah from the looks of it they do lean more on the female equivalant entertainers...You know I wonder what happened to airickq? He auditioned to Pledis and he even got a callback...But since Pledis already had a locked cap on it's audition I kinda doubt that he got in :/

Yeah I did that lol :lol: I'm pretty stubborn and if someone get's all condescending towards me (the judge lady who was the casting director rolled her eyes at me when she saw me again :angry: ) I want to show them that their perceptions of me was wrong and that I have something more to offer than what they see from me. It felt good just to wipe that condescending look off of that Pledis judge. I don't even care if I got in or not as long as i showed them that I more than meets the eye lol.

Archived