Kim Hyun Joong 김현중/金賢重/ キム・ヒョンジュン

Guest coreana

Has anyone been watching one more happy ending? If so I have put the contents of what I'm discussing in spoilers,  just in cause there ones who have not watched it yet. 

Spoiler

Did anyone see the scene where , one of the lady's was looking on the internet for positive pregnancy test for sale. That seen made me think so much of KHJ situation when I saw that.  My eyes popped out and I was like yup that is what she did.. LOL LOL :grin:

• Like 2

He is been my love since kdrama fever started..

But only recently watched him on we got married..my first reality show..watching it now..started today..

and oh my god..he is incredibly funny.. in a serious intelligent way..

From his interviews i could gather that he is sharp and intelligent..but at 22 this cool..he is awesome..

God..dont let him marry ever... #small mercies on mortal girly soul

• Like 3

I am trying to remember about when he belonged to SS501.    I remember at some point 3 of the guys formed some type of sub-group and made songs while KHJ and JungMin were acting.    I see there is a teaser for a new song coming up and it is from SS301.  I don't remember if that subgroup was called SS301 or not.  

I know the group went on a break.  Did they official break-up?  Kind of confused now.  Does it look like they are starting a new group all together?  Maybe they are moving on because they really don't know what the future is for the group as a 5 members.

Here is article I just read from the Korean times.  

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2016/01/201_195427.html

Link to video of the teaser of SS301.

• Like 3

Guest shariman66

@theone4me                                                                                                                                                                       

I think they were called SS501 Sub-Unit or something like that & not SS301 in 2009, during BOF era. But I could be mistaken since I didn't really pay much attention to them then or now either to be honest. However I did read a bit the tweets from some fans & it seems they are calling themselves Double S 301? They couldn't use SS501 name & no, they haven't disbanded ~ at least that's what the members keep saying.

It does seem that our hyunjoong has been the one who talked the least about his group. No one should blame him for that especially the group's fans since he wasn't exactly treated with kindness from some of them when the members decided to pursue their solo careers. 

Whenever he did mention SS501 it would always be taken in a negative way by some of them. I've seen that happen again & again especially at the comment sections of articles & the group's MVs. Now that he's in this sad situation, well, you could see some of them posting insulting remarks about his character while ostensibly promising to support the other 4 since 'they were more deserving' etc. Or that they prefer him not coming back to the group or he'd ruined the group's image & other brainless chatter.

What I did find humorous before were the contradictory reactions from some of the fans. When he didn't mention about SS501 they accused him of forgetting his 'roots' or that he had become too arrogant or ungrateful. But when he did mention them then they would accuse him of wanting to ride on the group's fame/popularity. Very much confused bunch of fans, haha ~

I know it's very petty of me but I couldn't help pointing out to this bunch that he didn't need to ride on anyone's fame/popularity since he has more than enough of his own.

Well, sorry for the off-topic detour ^_^ 

Just proof that you can't please all of the people all of the time.  There's lots of SS501 fans who are very loyal KHJ fans as well.  I've really never read anything negative that he ever said about his group/rather the opposite in fact.  The sub-unit forming while the other two are in the military is not unusual at all.  Those hating on KHJ are just grabbing at straws.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, shariman66 said:

@theone4me                                                                                                                                                                       

I think they were called SS501 Sub-Unit or something like that & not SS301 in 2009, during BOF era. But I could be mistaken since I didn't really pay much attention to them then or now either to be honest. However I did read a bit the tweets from some fans & it seems they are calling themselves Double S 301? They couldn't use SS501 name & no, they haven't disbanded ~ at least that's what the members keep saying.

It does seem that our hyunjoong has been the one who talked the least about his group. No one should blame him for that especially the group's fans since he wasn't exactly treated with kindness from some of them when the members decided to pursue their solo careers. 

Whenever he did mention SS501 it would always be taken in a negative way by some of them. I've seen that happen again & again especially at the comment sections of articles & the group's MVs. Now that he's in this sad situation, well, you could see some of them posting insulting remarks about his character while ostensibly promising to support the other 4 since 'they were more deserving' etc. Or that they prefer him not coming back to the group or he'd ruined the group's image & other brainless chatter.

What I did find humorous before were the contradictory reactions from some of the fans. When he didn't mention about SS501 they accused him of forgetting his 'roots' or that he had become too arrogant or ungrateful. But when he did mention them then they would accuse him of wanting to ride on the group's fame/popularity. Very much confused bunch of fans, haha ~

I know it's very petty of me but I couldn't help pointing out to this bunch that he didn't need to ride on anyone's fame/popularity since he has more than enough of his own.

Well, sorry for the off-topic detour ^_^ 

Thanks Shariman66.

I thought there was a difference in the name. When they were a sub group, they were not called SS301.   The article stated that they could  not use the SS501 name because DSP owns the name.  I also see that CI Entertainment has signed Kim Hyun Jun and Young Saeng.   Kim Kyu Jong is still with Hyori Lee's company although it looks like his contract may end soon.    Even though it is common for subgroups to form when members go into the military, this seems  a little different to me. I suspect this might be a bit more as the group does not own the name SS501, JungMin  doesn't really mention going back to the group and KHJ is having issues at the moment.  Hmmmmm....I'm just wondering if the 3 have moved on the way JYJ moved on from TVXQ. After all, the three men did have some success as a subgroup of SS501 and they must make a living to support their families. Butttttt......then again, it sounds like they might have wanted to keep the name SS501 but couldn't as DSP owns the name.  Whatever the case maybe, I hope they are successful as I really like Kim Kyu Jong.

By the way,  I do remember all the drama that occurred when KHJ went solo.  I often wondered if the people who were upset KHJ went solo/accused him of breaking up the group.....I wondered if they are the same "fans" that are attacking him the most right now.   I suspect many of them are the same people as they never go over the fact he left DSP and went solo.   For the most part, I ignore them as there will always be people who don't like or are jealous of KHJ. 

• Like 6

I think a lot of SS501 fans started to attack HJ ever since the popularity of BOF.
Jungmin was also doing his own thing at the time, but nothing much was said. It just seems KHJ had to take most of the hits and answer to everything. And as others have mentioned, when SS501 went their separate ways, many fans seemed to direct their anger/hate at HJ. 
So, it's clear that his success pissed off a LOT of people...which is really quite sad. 

• Like 5

Guest shariman66

'Jungmin was also doing his own thing at the time, but nothing much was said.'

Maybe it was because BOF catapulted our boy's fame to an incredible degree whereas whatever Jung Min was doing didn't seem to have much impact on his overall popularity or not to the extent of hyunjoong.

However I've always thought that hyunjoong has always been more popular compared to the others ~ more exposure. At least that's what most of those dissatisfied fans would point out. But I guess at that time there wasn't that much disparity & that made it more palatable to them. 

It is sad to see their extreme reaction ~ I remember visiting a few times a blog by a SS501 fan, 'My Cosy/Crazy Li'l Corner'? Couldn't remember its exact name & had to google it, hee ~

Well, she was one of those bloggers who updated regularly on any & all of SS501 activities even after they had their solo debuts. 

Poor her! Her blog became an absolute battleground between the fans ~ hyunjoong's & the other 4 members' ~ especially in 2010 & when they first started their solo debuts.   

I guess she grew tired of all the contentious & offensive remarks being volleyed about & she simply stopped updating a few years ago.

Wonder if she's still a SS501 fan ~ 

Help me understand this...hvnt followed d news much..

1 gf accuses of assault...khj n his agency denies...she submits proof photos n messages...n khj apologies publicaly

2 post this again she saya she is pregnant n thr r doubts over it..

So

1. Khj did assault her rt..for him to apologize?

2. Wats wid khj begging hrr to nt break up in texts..

3 does yhis time overlap wid some bad phase of khj..as in d time assaults began

4 did she grt preg after d assault charges? Meanung while all of this was going on..he still went ahead n slept wid her?

5 has it impacted his popularity or wrk in anyway?

On February 14, 2016 at 6:10 AM, shariman66 said:

'Jungmin was also doing his own thing at the time, but nothing much was said.'

Maybe it was because BOF catapulted our boy's fame to an incredible degree whereas whatever Jung Min was doing didn't seem to have much impact on his overall popularity or not to the extent of hyunjoong.

However I've always thought that hyunjoong has always been more popular compared to the others ~ more exposure. At least that's what most of those dissatisfied fans would point out. But I guess at that time there wasn't that much disparity & that made it more palatable to them. 

It is sad to see their extreme reaction ~ I remember visiting a few times a blog by a SS501 fan, 'My Cosy/Crazy Li'l Corner'? Couldn't remember its exact name & had to google it, hee ~

Well, she was one of those bloggers who updated regularly on any & all of SS501 activities even after they had their solo debuts. 

Poor her! Her blog became an absolute battleground between the fans ~ hyunjoong's & the other 4 members' ~ especially in 2010 & when they first started their solo debuts.   

I guess she grew tired of all the contentious & offensive remarks being volleyed about & she simply stopped updating a few years ago.

Wonder if she's still a SS501 fan ~ 

Shaman,

I remember her website because she would also write about Bae Young Joonl.  She was a big fan of both BYJ and SS501.   It's unfortunate  she stopped writing her blog.  Maybe she will start back up once the SS301 start their careers and once KHJ gets out the military.  I am also hoping she can post the full story of what has gone on with KHJ so that people will know the truth and not be confused.  

I think this is why I love LazerKim's articles even more.  She does not give up on providing us  with the truth about what's gong on with KHJ, the media or this case.  I'm sure it can be tiresome maintaining a blog that is a battleground between  KHJ fans and the antis.  I can't blame the blogger for My Crazy Lil Corner  for giving up on the blog/not updating it any more.   Again, this is why I love LazerKim.  Her support in KHJ has never ever wavered not once from the very beginning up to now.  

• Like 6

7 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Help me understand this...hvnt followed d news much..

1 gf accuses of assault...khj n his agency denies...she submits proof photos n messages...n khj apologies publicaly

2 post this again she saya she is pregnant n thr r doubts over it..

So

1. Khj did assault her rt..for him to apologize?

2. Wats wid khj begging hrr to nt break up in texts..

3 does yhis time overlap wid some bad phase of khj..as in d time assaults began

4 did she grt preg after d assault charges? Meanung while all of this was going on..he still went ahead n slept wid her?

5 has it impacted his popularity or wrk in anyway?

Let's just see if THIS gets deleted...

The time all this started - ie the brief time he said this woman was his GF - was April thru May 2014.  He had just finished Age of Innocence, was starting a world tour, and he gave some very interesting interviews that are worth checking out.  This would have coincided with Choi Hye Mi thinking she was pregnant the first time, then finding out that she was not (medical records prove that).

There is NO PROOF that KHJ ever assaulted this woman Choi Hye Mi.  There seems to be some proof of injuries from the end of May 2014, in the form of a medical certificate.  Those pictures she sold to Dispatch were never validated nor submitted to the police as evidence.  Neither were those text messages at that time.  The text messages she has continually sold to Dispatch HAVE finally (as in the last 5 months or so) been turned into the courts for validation (the courts seem to have requested the official transcripts from the phone companies).  When that happened, a conversation between Choi Hye Mi and her mother emerged, showing premeditation of the extortion.

There are also medical certificates that show she got some kind of rib injury, but CHM gave 2 different accounts of how that happened.  These also show that CHM waited almost a month before receiving treatment for this.

The only reason this case was sent to the prosecutors was because KHJ thought he was responsible for these injuries and told the police that.  They had the accuser (Choi Hye Mi), medical records of some injuries & an admission of guilt so they sent it on.  KHJ never admitted to beating her up, nor to deliberately causing that rib injury.  He only said there was one mutual fight with pushing/shoving, and another incident where he was demonstrating to her some martial arts moves & she got injured.  

Those pregnancies/miscarriages/abortions not only have never been verified, the first one has been proven false with medical records from the clinic she attended.  She TOLD KHJ about them all & he believed her, giving her money!  She also got money in Sept 2014 for dropping charges and not talking about the supposed pregnancies.

None of us really understand what in the world was going on in KHJ's head that he slept with this woman in Dec 2014.  It was part of the settlement that he 'reconcile' with her somehow, & she did follow him to Jeju Island.  And those texts begging her not to break up with him?  Well, there are texts showing him telling her he WAS breaking up with her.  The texts that appear in Dispatch are edited, out of order, out of sync, with responses from her left off or rewritten - basically that's what KHJ's dad said about them and there is nothing to prove otherwise.  

There is another court date in March, where the judge has VERIFIED information in the form of medical certificates, validated text messages, witnesses and CCTV images, among other things.  So we shall see what the outcome is then, hopefully.

• Like 11

I have been watching this drama Remember on Viki.com.  The bad guy (spoiled rich man who commits murder framing a cleaning man for his crime)  in the drama looks like an older version of KHJ when his hair is pulled back.  I'm loving this drama because it shows strong women who stick together but also because the bad guy looks like KHJ to me.  He is also a real character (funny, spoiled, arrogant, etc but a murder who rapes women and does what he want to whomever he wants.).  He appears right at the beginning of episode 16.  

Does he look like KHJ to you all?  

In real life, he looks slightly differently because he is 38yrs old.  However, in this drama, he looks like KHJ to me with the round eyes and his hair pulled back.   At any rate, it's a great drama about how the wealthy get away with just about anything (in this case murder), how idols are used for sex, how the judicial system works in korea and how a son is determined to prove his father's innocence even though his father died in prison for a crime he didn't commit.   Watch the first 5-10 minutes of episode 16 and tell me if he looks like KHJ.:)  If you click on the link, make sure you  are at the very beginning to see the face of the guy I'm saying looks like KHJ.  

By the way, if you are looking for a fast moving good drama, this drama has a rating of 9.8 by over 1,200 users who are currently watching this drama. 

http://www.viki.com/videos/1089807v-remember-episode-16

• Like 4

Nam Goong Min :D  He's got a killer body, you know LOL  He's shorter, and he's been playing some awesome villains, so I never really thought about it but yeah, he DOES have some similarities!  Of course his character in Remember: War of the Son is an evil psychopathic a$$$wipe who antagonizes everybody around him so totally opposite of KHJ's personality.  Plus what he's done is more like what Park Si Hoo was accused of (only multiplied many times coupled w/that nastiness mentioned above).  This show is hitting all the buttons of both those scandals, tho - having some of the girls lying after being bribed, as well.  I'm enjoying it!
I think that Lee Dong Gun looks a lot like KHJ will in ten years - but then the one that looks MOST like him is Bae Young Joon LOL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Teleri Nyfain said:

Nam Goong Min :D  He's got a killer body, you know LOL  He's shorter, and he's been playing some awesome villains, so I never really thought about it but yeah, he DOES have some similarities!  Of course his character in Remember: War of the Son is an evil psychopathic a$$$wipe who antagonizes everybody around him so totally opposite of KHJ's personality.  Plus what he's done is more like what Park Si Hoo was accused of (only multiplied many times coupled w/that nastiness mentioned above).  This show is hitting all the buttons of both those scandals, tho - having some of the girls lying after being bribed, as well.  I'm enjoying it!
I think that Lee Dong Gun looks a lot like KHJ will in ten years - but then the one that looks MOST like him is Bae Young Joon LOL

Oh now Teleri Why you had to go mention that Bae Young Joon hahahahahahahhaaha.  You know I got issues with that man right now.  :P

Yes. yes yes... Nam Goong Min has got a great looking body and yes he is shorter than KHJ.  But the opening scene of episode 16 where they are taking him to jail in handcuffs, he looks like KHJ to me in the face.  I think KHJ has a meater bigger body than Nam Goong Min.   Did I say meaty?  LOL!!  A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste.  :D   Yes.  I think KHJ has a bigger body frame but the face looks similar when I compare Nam Goong Min to the KHJ picture NYCGirl just post of KHJ's in the countdown (362 more days).  

Nam Goong Min's character is psychopathic who cracks me up.  He is totally nuts, crazy, self absorbed especially when he throws his teacups at the walls and laughs, or when he kicks over furniture, or when he shows people how to properly lower their bows (puts his hands on the back of necks pushing people to bow very very low to him).  His character is totall incapable of thinking about anyone else.  I am loving this drama. 

Okay..At first I thought it was me.  I'm glad to know it's not just me wishful thinking about wanting to see KHJ so badly that I'm imagining him in other people's faces.  LOL.

• Like 4