i think LYW actually favours this drama as seeing she goes to the script reading and all (although the management said that it was because SBS asked her to come, but then if you DID NOT WANT TO, you can actually not go right??) plus seeing how the production didn't even tries to court other actresses (like what happened in All About My Romance where the lead actress changes like... several times  #-o ) eventhough EoG has already started filming and all that.
i think the problem may lie with the management. maybe they were doing this to make-up for the HD that been soo quiet (i didn't actually watch this drama or follows its news. i just rely on you guys <3) or they just being indecisive. idk. but truthfully, i really hope she takes this drama and act along Goo Soo. i think they'll make a PERFECT pair!!! *i already imagined it*
and as for the role she will take and the worries some of you mentioned, about how her role would be just along Goo Soo and you would like it if she'd played script that centers around her story.... i kinda feel like i had to give my insight :-?
for those who have followed Nice Guy drama and it's synopsis plus news, i think it would be fair to say that at the start of the story,you didn't think that MCW would play a character that is crucial to the story itself. i also thought that she would play a character that 'just along side SJK' and some girl SJK planned to used as revenge. i thought JK+PSY would be the main seeing how the synopsis goes. but along the drama, slowly MCW character holds something very important and at the end of the day (i think) she somehow change the story itself to be centers about her+JK's character. (the scriptwriter said so herself) i think every good actress can do that. change the storyline to be centers around herself even she is not at the start. i believe LYW is a GOOD actress and i too believe she can do miracle by playing the character in EoG yet still remains important and caught the attention of the viewers :x :x
i'm not in any means comparing LYW and MCW because i'm a fan of both but i believe they were both GOOD actress hence they can do wonders with any script they played. but i didn't know the nature of The Chaser's production (which you guys says will somehow favours the one actor whom they done work with?!) hence i don't know if LYW character in the drama will be as i hoped it would be or not. all and all, i hope to see LYW in this drama playing her beautiful self plus showing her good acting skills.
*crossing fingers for the 'yes' from LYW for EoG*
p/s: i'm sorry for my essay ^:)^

Guest loveitall

For those not visiting Empire of Gold forum class="entry-title" style="margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"Ko Soo, Lee Yo-won to Struggle for Power and Money in New TV Series
2013/05/24 by Kang Jung Yeon

Actor Ko Soo at a TenAsia photo shoot [TenAsia/Chae Ki Won]

image.

Actress Lee Yo-won at the press preview of Korean drama pic “Fist of Legend” at a theater in Seoul, Korea on March 27, 2013. [TenAsia/ Chae Ki-won]

Korean actor Ko Soo and actress Lee Yo-won have been chosen as the main cast to a new SBS Monday and Tuesday series.

Lee will be the main female character Choi Seo-yoon, a wise woman who is the second daughter of a wealthy family, in the drama named “The Golden Empire,” said Lee’s agency T Entertainment on Thursday through a press release.

Ko will play the main male character Jang Tae-joo who struggles to achieve higher status in the political family drama show that will show a family’s struggle for money and power for 20 years since the ’90s, Ko’s agency BH Entertainment explained through a separate statement.

Ko will be back on the small screen for the first time in four years since his previous drama “Will it Snow for Christmas?” in 2009 while Lee has consistently been in the acting scene.

Actors Son Hyun-ju, Park Geun-hyung, Ryu Seung-soo, Jung Han-young, Kim Mi-sook, and Yoon Seung-ah will also appear in the drama.

“The Golden Empire” will premier at 10 p.m. on July 1 after current period set drama “Jang Ok Jeong” ends its run.

Reporter. Kang Jung Yeon atoz@tenasia.co.kr
Editor. Jessica Kim

Photos Courtesy of BH Entertainment, T Entertainment

<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD. (www.tenasia.com) All rights reserved.>

Cridits: kdramafanusa @goldenempirethread

@QSD 
thank you for the welcome thoughts^^ahaaaaa.... i think by the time i finish my essay, LYW's production has gave an official statement saying she will be on the drama. *sigh* me and my long essay  :\">  :\">
@nikachan
11-1_zps3020a418.gif
MCW is totallly faboulous in Innocent Man!!! just look at my avatar and siggy....  :x :xi watch the drama because of SJK but i end up being a total fangirl of MCW :))yes, she is the lead of the drama but as i said earlier, if you read the synopsis+follow Innocent Man news before being aired, you'll think that she is not so important compared to PSY. it's what i thought at first though  ;))

Guest rintintintin

Hi @songwiththemoon welcome to our queen's thread! Please enjoy staying here... Actually, I'm also a fan of NG hihihi! I miss the couple already. My mom was also a fan of that drama. :)
I thought, her new drama is a historic one? hahaha! Sorry, I didn't know this hahaha! Busy having a new job as Kitchen Trainee in a restaurant. :)

Guest loveitall

rintintintin said:
I thought, her new drama is a historic one? hahaha! Sorry, I didn't know this hahaha! Busy having a new job as Kitchen Trainee in a restaurant. :)

Guest loveitall

I have a question.

sbs12_sohnhyunjoo1.jpg

This actor, Sohn Hyun-joo will be playing the oldest son.

leehyunjin_66.jpg

This actor, Lee Hyun-jin will play the youngest son.

LeeYoWon1.jpg

Beautiful Yowon will play the 2nd daughter.

Who is this actress? Is she the one who will be playing the other daughter? What is her role?