[drama 2009] Jewel Bibimbap/assorted Gems 보석비빔밥

Guest yeohweping

Guest revengeoftheflowers

are you sure about that?

BC said she won't get married, and she's shown to be the type who isn't impressed by bling. There's a lot of sarcasm in this drama, i doubt that they would really refer to themselves as gold diggers....probably Ruby, definitely not BC.

They referred to themselves as "yo ooh" or "foxes," which doesn't really translate well into English. I thought gold digger worked the best in that context.

And, you're right. BC did say she wouldn't get married and I don't think she is impressed by bling, but in official descriptions of her character, they state she secretly wishes to marry rich. And, she does drop some hints of this here and there, but her actions certainly don't speak of this.

But, man is BC a hugggggggggggggggggggggggggge B**CH!!!!!!!! I say this in a good way! She is so upfront, confrontational, no-nonsense, and plainly tells it like it is without much of a filter. And, she has these eyes of contempt that are just scornful! She is the biggest b**ch everr!! Good for her though. It makes me laugh continuously that phonetically, her korean name also sounds like the actual B word. And, when here mom says Bi Chwi its sounds like she's actually call her daughter that word. hahaha

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dramaok

thx for the caps hjkomo please continue =)

more shots of lee tae-gon! to balance out the shots of the witch bichwi.

lee tae-gon's acting is kinda funny sometimes but it's okay i'll take him as is.

wow the ep. 9 confrontation scene was kinda hard to stomach.

i think the goong siblings really need some therapy. yes they went through some shiiit but it's not like they got raped and lost a limb or watched their baby drown i think they are such drama queens who really need to let go.

i guess the confrontation is more about them venting than changing their parents. afterall who are they kidding if they think the parents will actually change now that they are 50-60 yrs old. they're so not gonna change you know. however messed up they are. maybe haeja is right she should've sent them to the orphanage. that'll give them something real to whine about.

i originally liked how refreshingly honest this drama was, but now i feel like they've crosses some lines that you should never cross.

and i agree mhugh i think BC's OCDness can be seen as spunky and sassy and Youngguk seems to be turned on by that. so we'll see if she really remains single like she says she will since she is 'so damaged by her parents'.. and wait til she has a daughter of her own..she may really have to eat up her own words.

hahaha i am so cruel but i don't like that girl one bit. just so scornful you know. but i think the actress is a gem isn't she. what is her name again?

But, man is BC a hugggggggggggggggggggggggggge B**CH!!!!!!!! I say this in a good way! She is so upfront, confrontational, no-nonsense, and plainly tells it like it is without much of a filter. And, she has these eyes of contempt that are just scornful! She is the biggest b**ch everr!! Good for her though.

she is definitely intimidating to say the least. But she knows what she wants. It seems like just as she was about to open up a little, especially to the guy, her friendly advances get shot down, and she reverts back to b-mode.

i look forward to some changes in her personality/character as this drama trudges along.

It makes me laugh continuously that phonetically, her korean name also sounds like the actual B word. And, when here mom says Bi Chwi its sounds like she's actually call her daughter that word. hahaha

LOL I didn't even realize this until now. You are so right. It would be funny if this was intentional.

For some reason I got the impression that these two were getting along quite well during their scenes until, I assume, Bi-chwi was asked to go on a date then it almost seemed as if she was playing with him/teasing him.

bichwi asked YG if they could be a fake couple so that would deter anyone from making advances towards her since she was getting hit on by strange men so much. Somewhere in the coversation she mentions she doesn't want to get married and that sorta ticked off yg, who then declines the offer to become a fake couple. That in turn, ticks off Bichwi and acts distant towards him.

Later on, YG gets hit on by a gay dude and he rethinks the idea, but this time Bichwi says no (she says she's the type of person that doesn't go back on a decision).

Did they actually figure out who was responsible for breaking the kitchen door? I know the "kids" went through the motion of blaming Kyle and Yeong Guk and then both of them together, but what I got from the previews it looks like the parents came home to eat. So one of them may have came home late at night and fixed a quick meal for themselves.

YG later reveals to Bichwi at the bibimbap shop that he was the one who ate the food early in the morning...which was a shock to me.

but then again, he could be covering up for the real culprit. I also suspect it was one of the parents, but who knows. Maybe the truth comes out in the later episodes.

yes they went through some shiiit but it's not like they got raped and lost a limb or watched their baby drown i think they are such drama queens who really need to let go.

All of these things happened to Jang Seo Hee in "Temptation of Wife!!" She got raped, her thigh was nearly burnt off, and she was drowning and lost her baby....but she became a deliciously terrifying villain-heroine afterward.

YG later reveals to Bichwi at the bibimbap shop that he was the one who ate the food early in the morning...which was a shock to me.

but then again, he could be covering up for the real culprit. I also suspect it was one of the parents, but who knows. Maybe the truth comes out in the later episodes.

YG "confessing" was also a major letdown for me as well, mainly because it seemed so out of character from what the writer has been portraying YG to be. You know, he was portrayed thus far to be the kind of person who's honest, hard-working, and thoughtful.

But I also think the way you do. When YG decided to "confess," he felt the icy coldness from BC, and he sensed that it was because of the previous night incident. I'm guessing that at that point, even if he's not guilty as charged, he may have felt that confessing would be the fastest way for BC to lose that distant air he was feeling from her.

I certainly hope that's the case. If YG really did it, and he wasn't a man enough to confess on the spot (for a "crime" that's really not a big deal), then I think the writer made a major faux pas because from audience standpoint, YG and BC relationship would not have the same magic from this point on.

YG "confessing" was also a major letdown for me as well, mainly because it seemed so out of character from what the writer has been portraying YG to be. You know, he was portrayed thus far to be the kind of person who's honest, hard-working, and thoughtful.

But I also think the way you do. When YG decided to "confess," he felt the icy coldness from BC, and he sensed that it was because of the previous night incident. I'm guessing that at that point, even if he's not guilty as charged, he may have felt that confessing would be the fastest way for BC to lose that distant air he was feeling from her.

I certainly hope that's the case. If YG really did it, and he wasn't a man enough to confess on the spot (for a "crime" that's really not a big deal), then I think the writer made a major faux pas because from audience standpoint, YG and BC relationship would not have the same magic from this point on.

It is a letdown of Young Guk not to confess on the spot. Additional list to add on being dishonest for BC to rant....

YG asked Kyle to help him out in the restaurant Kyle has good PR with the customers :P :P There were ajumahs interested in YG touching his butt beside the gay touching his hands not till Kyle told YG of it :lol: :lol:

Both the proprertiers do face "harrasment" from different gender. :lol: :lol:

YG's mother visited her fren at the hotel... Is that Kyle's mother?

YG's mother visited her fren at the hotel... Is that Kyle's mother?

Yes, she is.

And Kyle is the only offspring, and his father owns a big hotel in the U.S.,

and Kyle doesn't want to have anything to do with materialistic things in life.

And YG's mother was telling her husband about her friend's dilemma.

There are still quite a few episodes left in the series, so even if their relationship stagnates for a few episodes they still have time to repair whatever damage there might be due to the "crime".

You’re right, of course. But what bothers me is why the writer felt like she had to make the YG character do that, if that's what he really did. It makes no sense, and it doesn't seem to serve any purpose, except to put seemingly unnecessary and artificial roadblock between BC and YG. So, it actually makes more sense if he didn't do it.

And the more I think about it, the more I’m convinced that YG didn't do it.

I can understand anyone at some point in their lives making a mistake that they couldn't at the time admit, so when confronted he may have panicked. But he did not seem panicky at all that night. And, YG doesn't strike me as a devious person who would go around opening the front door to make it seem like a robbery.

Bear with me for being somewhat obsessed about this, but I feel that his characterization is important to the storyline.

I'm going to wait until next week to comment about the eating, but if he did do it, it's because he's scared of BC...which he should be. Did you see those glares in the past two episodes?! Terrifying. I'd be scared to mess with her, I would lie my richard simmons off too.

Guest dramaok

All of these things happened to Jang Seo Hee in "Temptation of Wife!!" She got raped, her thigh was nearly burnt off, and she was drowning and lost her baby....but she became a deliciously terrifying villain-heroine afterward.

yikes. but then jang seo hee always gets these out of the world tragic characters. her ariyoung character was so tragic in the beginning. her and her mom how her sibling froze to death OMG i can still bawl my eyes out over that.

anyways im' still on ep 9 but i love love kyle. love how the parents are getting kicked out and he's just squating there washing his face. and when ruby's ex came drunk how he was just standing there exercising. love kyle and how nosy he is and how he's always nagging ruby. it is so weird but totally funny. in real life he'll be one annoying tenant but so endearing in here.

Yes, she is.

And Kyle is the only offspring, and his father owns a big hotel in the U.S.,

and Kyle doesn't want to have anything to do with materialistic things in life.

And YG's mother was telling her husband about her friend's dilemma.

Thkz mhugh.. Kyle is a good catch...

If Ruby get to know of Kyle's background... who knows she will target on Kyle and change Kyle's mindset :lol: :lol: Simply love this nosey poker "apprentice monk" :P :P

I like Kyle too. He's hilarious. I wonder what he would look like with some hair though? Better?

Ratings up to 16%!! That's a relief!

Also, a parallel between Kyle and YG. Both are sons from extremely wealthy families. YG left due to his family kicking him out, but Kyle left his family due to his own convictions. YG means "England" in Korean, and he wears a lot of westernized clothing and eats a lot of westernized foods (he stated he was sick of bread at one point). Kyle is Caucasian, but possesses a strong understanding and absorption of Korean values. These two men are opposing mirrors of one another. Verrrry interesting.

I'm going to wait until next week to comment about the eating, but if he did do it, it's because he's scared of BC...which he should be. Did you see those glares in the past two episodes?! Terrifying. I'd be scared to mess with her, I would lie my richard simmons off too.

I can't help but smile at your comment. You're so funny.

Yes, I guess BC can be scary, but is it just me, because she doesn't appear scary to me. Personally, I would actually be more scared to lie to her.

You can't blame Bichwi for being that way. I guess the blame could be laid at the feet of the parents, afterall the parents weren't there for the children and being the oldest, Bichwi practically raised her siblings by herself. So she had to grow some thick skin and grow some balls.

I'm guessing that at that point, even if he's not guilty as charged, he may have felt that confessing would be the fastest way for BC to lose that distant air he was feeling from her.

That's a great point, I didn't even think of it that way. I was wondering what could have possibly have been the reason as to why YG would take the blame for something like that but now I see that even if he stood his ground and kept denying it til the end, BC would still have suspicions and not grow any closer.

So he confesses to something he didn't even do to regain her trust/friendship/whatever you want to call it.

(hopefully)

There's also the possibility that he didn't eat the food, but knows who did. And, he's covering up for that person (one of the parents), in the mistaken belief that it will help heal the family.

The problem is that the truth will come out, which will reveal him to be a liar and not to be trusted. And, we can all guess how BC will react to that revelation... :angry:

Guest dramaok

haha it's so funny. the siblings imagination in their effort to 'crack' the case.

i don't think it was really YG. i think it was the father and YG covering for him.

it serves BC right to get her self-esteem hurt by YG when he said no to her offer.

she assumed that he would be fine w/ it cuz she's so great. yeah!

Kyle's korean mom is his step-mom. his father's second wife.

but she raised him since he was very young.

i love the writer's flair. to use the simplest little thing and make a big drama out of it.

Archived