[drama 2009] Jewel Bibimbap/assorted Gems 보석비빔밥

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zealioner

It kind of grosses me out to think that the monk and Ruby will be developing a love story. My mom and I both get a little disgusted when the drama seems to hint at it.....

But Kyle IS NOT a monk. He WAS training to be a monk.

Even though if he is a monk, monks ARE ALLOWED to renounce their ascetic life (at least Buddhist monks are allowed to) and return to the secular world. They are not bound to monastic vows for life.

From my recaps:

Hye-ja makes small talk with Kyle and we find out more about him. Kyle has been preparing to be a monk and he has been in the country since 2006. He got that idea after he was acquanited with a high monk in the States and soon realized he was weary of living the bustling life of a salary man. However, recently he was told that the temple cannot accept him because his stars say that he has to lead the life of a commoner – work, marry and have children.

i like kyle. love how he's pestering ruby about her constipation problem.

he is only a monk "in heart"...

he is more korean than the full koreans in the house. giving them advice about respecting the elders etc.

the dad is such a turd. when is he gonna grow up????

did you all see lee tae gon's random topless scene? now that's fan service! B)

Guest revengeoftheflowers

Awww....I love Han Hye Sook's character so so much. Her confessions to the baby was so heartbreaking and genuine. There may be a bunch of assorted gems of the show, but she is the ROCK of this drama.

Ryu Bi is such a cool character. She's definitely a gold digger, a b**ch, and a drama queen, but I love how she's an evil schemer who will do anything to keep a rich man. Not much to learn from her, but she is fascinating.

Ruby is not pregnant. She threw up, because she has stomach problems when she gets stressed out (constipation, nausea, throwing up).

She also lied to her fiance's mom that she was pregnant, so she could teach her lesson about "how to manipulate other people." And, she told the mom: "Don't f**k with me otherwise you're really know what it's like to be played by me."

She's planning on re-seducing her fiance by pretending to be a "good girl" who is heartbroken over him, and she'll snatch him up again when she sees her chance.

hahaha she is so awesome.

Guest GRAPEJUICE

Is there any particular reason why something like that would make you or your mother feel disgusted?

I do for various reasons. If you're looking for an argument, you won't find it from me. ;)

Ruby is not pregnant. She threw up, because she has stomach problems when she gets stressed out (constipation, nausea, throwing up).

She also lied to her fiance's mom that she was pregnant, so she could teach her lesson about "how to manipulate other people." And, she told the mom: "Don't f**k with me otherwise you're really know what it's like to be played by me."

She's planning on re-seducing her fiance by pretending to be a "good girl" who is heartbroken over him, and she'll snatch him up again when she sees her chance.

hahaha she is so awesome.

ok thx ya that's what i thought too but i keep having doubts it seems there's more to everything than what's presented you know? the story has some hooks for sure. i can't wait til next week.

Ruby is so cunning, I love it! Haha, and I know it's not good to argue with elders like that but the lady was really asking for it.

I also wish Kyle had some darker eyebrows, it looks like he doesn't have any.

Ruby is a sure gold digger and not a dumb one!! she play her card well and would say "old hand" :D:lol: She was so cool infront of the boyfried after the slap..... Between Kyle and Ruby... love to see their bickering how ruby is tongue tight whenever she argues with Kyle :lol::lol:

when BC heard that their mother has rented the brother's room.. she cried her heart out.. any spot translation of their convo...

Baby's mother identity is another mystery... more to come :P:P

Gung family slogan " One Heart" ... how true it is in a big familys' hamony... :rolleyes::)

Guest frozenrains

he is more korean than the full koreans in the house. giving them advice about respecting the elders etc.

the dad is such a turd. when is he gonna grow up????

Pfft..That not fan service! The real fan service is the grandma dress in swimming suit, and the scene where the grandma fight and pull the other grandma pant down. Now that FAN SERVICE! :o

Pfft..That not fan service! The real fan service is the grandma dress in swimming suit, and the scene where the grandma fight and pull the other grandma pant down. Now that FAN SERVICE! ohmy.gif

HAHAHAHHAAA

I agree frozenrains! Those grandmas are sexxxxy!

Those grandma's are wonderful. I laughed so hard in the kung fu fighting scene; especially when the "Kung Fu Fighting" and the Chinese songs started. And the pulling down of the pants ... hilarious! :lol:

As for Kyle, he may mean well with the advice that's he giving the siblings. But, he needs to remember that it's easy for him to say because he hasn't lived his entire life dealing with these parents. The siblings must feel that their efforts are like one step forward and two steps back.

Oh, I won't mind more random topless scenes .... hahahaha! :lol:

I'm enjoying this drama a lot. :)

Was there any particular reason why she rented out the room like how they rented the room to Kyle, I assume, to help foot the bill for the botched surgery?

The husband already paid for the botched surgery, but the mom borrowed money from like everywhere, so she needed to pay her friends back immediately.

I don't really do recaps or anything (I'm too lazy hahaha), but if you guys have any questions, feel free to ask! I will answer them ASAP.

Of course! That's why I made some caps just for you. :P

assortedgemse05090919hd.jpgassortedgemse05090919hd.jpg

How about some Lee Hyun Jin fanservice...'cause you know we're not picky about age :lol:

Awww....I love Han Hye Sook's character so so much. Her confessions to the baby was so heartbreaking and genuine. There may be a bunch of assorted gems of the show, but she is the ROCK of this drama.

That was a great scene.

assortedgemse06090920hd.jpgassortedgemse06090920hdw.jpg

so adorable!

assortedgemse05090919hd.jpg

Ryu Bi is such a cool character. She's definitely a gold digger, a b**ch, and a drama queen, but I love how she's an evil schemer who will do anything to keep a rich man. Not much to learn from her, but she is fascinating.

She's awesome...especially with these two looks.

assortedgemse05090919hd.jpgassortedgemse06090920hd.jpg

Between Kyle and Ruby... love to see their bickering how ruby is tongue tight whenever she argues with Kyle :lol::lol:

They're so cute together. Yeah, Kyle is more Korean than the rest of the family in a lot of ways. :lol:

assortedgemse05090919hdt.jpgassortedgemse05090919hd.jpg

I loved how Kyle was giving advice to Young Gook about the family.

And it was so funny the way he said Korean women are SCARY. :lol:

Oh, man...these two are fabulous!

assortedgemse05090919hdu.jpgassortedgemse05090919hdn.jpg

assortedgemse05090919hde.jpgassortedgemse05090919hd.jpg

assortedgemse06090920hd.jpgassortedgemse06090920hd.jpg

Btw, what is Sa Jang's (the patient in the hospital) significance/role in the drama? :huh:

Guest yeohweping

Hi, nobody nobody have subtitling this drama, is amazing and very pretty, I would like to know if some fansub will subtitle it.

Thanks.

Hey, this is a spam post ! I already clearly on the first post that no one is supposed to ask or request about any subbing.I would have already updated the first post if any subbing group was to take in/do this drama.So stop spamming subbing requests on any thread that has already stated clearly that there will not any eng-subbing.

Archived