[drama 2009] Jewel Bibimbap/assorted Gems 보석비빔밥

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dramaok

I'm going to enjoy their slow and yet simmering hot romantic pace.

ya BC and YG's romantic development is very warm and serene.

Their voiced-over internal thoughts are slightly corny but in a good way.

There's something rather innocent and old-fashioned yet steady and mounting about the two of them,

strolling and laughing as if they are destined.

Kyle and Ruby on the other hand have a topsy turvy relationship that is both hilarious and confusing.

I like Kyle pouting about Ruby discriminating against him (preview for next week).

Ruby also wears her feelings on her sleeve so these two are a handful.

So far I'm not too sure about Kang-Ji and Sanho. I don't have strong feelings about Sanho either way he's sort of a side character at this point. But Kang-Ji something about her kinda bothers me. I feel like she's kinda fake and it's funny how she wears such high heels when she's playing with Taeja.

Hobak and Ggeutssoon are hilarious too. Hobak is so full of himself and is so sure that he can get any girl to fall over for him, but his calculations can come back to haunt him as Ggeutssoon is a real fox in her calculating ways too.

When Ruby complimented on his noodles, Kyle bragged that he also make good "Korean pancake" so he promised her he'll make it for her next day. She was disappointed because she was expecting "Korean pancake" waiting for her but there wasn't any. Kyle apologized next day because he had forgotten he had made that promise.

I actually have a question about their scenes today, after Kyle had made noodles their relationship like you say had its moments but I got the feeling that after Ruby had delivered the, I assume, get well card to the older woman in the hospital she was a bit peeved/upset that he didn't make her dinner. Did Kyle or Ruby say in a previous scene that he would make dinner for her if she was late or is this related more to their budding friendship/relationship? As for the previews I have to wonder how far they plan on taking the discrimination because if they don't correct it early on it could turn into a real sour note for both characters and/or the show itself (depending on how viewers look at it).

I actually have a question about their scenes today, after Kyle had made noodles their relationship like you say had its moments but I got the feeling that after Ruby had delivered the, I assume, get well card to the older woman in the hospital she was a bit peeved/upset that he didn't make her dinner. Did Kyle or Ruby say in a previous scene that he would make dinner for her if she was late or is this related more to their budding friendship/relationship? As for the previews I have to wonder how far they plan on taking the discrimination because if they don't correct it early on it could turn into a real sour note for both characters and/or the show itself (depending on how viewers look at it).

I guess I could also add what's the deal with the mother? When Bi Chwi was laying down in the living room after Yeong Guk brought her home, I assume she had caught a cold from the previous nights events, she seemed to belittle her instead of worry that her daughter was sick.

Despite their topsy-turvy kind of relationship, to me Kyle and Ruby are both remarkably well-adjusted as a couple. Both can be somewhat opinionated and Ruby hot-tempered, but they appear to mesh well together. A case in point: When Kyle goes overboard and starts to lecture Ruby about her parents' situation, Ruby storms away. The next day, when Kyle gives his noodle dish for Ruby to eat and tells her that his hunger has disappeared from watching her enjoy the noodle so much, she replies that Kyle is perfect except for his penchant for minding other people's business ("small talk"). He then replies that he means well. Ruby brings up her beef with him in a non-confrontational way, and he responds likewise. So I think they will handle this discrimination issue just as well.

BC's mother heard that BC and YG have been calling each other Ja-gi-ya, which is a very intimate way of calling someone, usually reserved for married or similarly intimate couples. So she came to express her displeasure, because he is just a hired help and how this is going to mess up her wedding plan due to possible rumors despite BC's explanation.

So far I'm not too sure about Kang-Ji and Sanho. I don't have strong feelings about Sanho either way he's sort of a side character at this point. But Kang-Ji something about her kinda bothers me. I feel like she's kinda fake and it's funny how she wears such high heels when she's playing with Taeja.

I actually sense a very serene and comforting feelings whenever I see her. But that aside, I think she wears high heels, because her main reason for coming over to SH's house is to see him, even though she really enjoys playing with Taeja. She wants to look good for her man, and you can't fault her for that. And she does look good in that stiletto heels. :)

What wedding plan? Did I miss something in a previous episode or is it still the "marry a rich guy" plot that has been prevalent in the story since the very beginning? Then again I could easily say that her mother isn't really the best person to dish out advice over love, she has her hands full as it is with her bickering mother and bore of a husband.

No wedding. I meant about her future marriage plan to whomever because of the rumor.

Guest dramaok

i have a bad feeling BC will be given an illness before the drama ends.

she said she was scared of the hospital. anyone else took that as a foreshadow?

and YES they do eat a lot of really yummy stuff in here. it's like nonstop.

that seafood pancake BC and YG ate with the traditional liquor. OMG.

Guest frozenrains

^Really? I think the writer aim for the grandmas since all their grandchidren and children giving them headaches and problems every single day lol. Also I agree with you about Sanho, he really seem like a side character, there nothing extraordinary or shine about him, I am kind of dissapointed.

Guest heycitrus

This drama seems too lighthearted for the female lead to have a major illness...that'll pretty much kill the story I think. I mean it would be difficult to have that same lighthearted interactions between the characters if BC becomes ill. Then again, I've never seen works by this writer before...so eh who knows?

I love the development between YG and BC--it's so well-paced and sweet.

As for Kangji, she doesn't appear fake to me. I think at most she seems out of place because well her social status is different from SH's. She's dressing the way she normally dresses and she's not changing herself to make herself fit in but she's doing whatever she can to make SH's life easier and make him happy. You can tell the girl's really in love with him.

Also, there are 38 episodes left...hopefully we will see more of SH and HB's story.

Guest The Hamzter

************** SPOILER DONT READ *******************

Hobak and Ggeutssoon are hilarious too. Hobak is so full of himself and is so sure that he can get any girl to fall over for him, but his calculations can come back to haunt him as Ggeutssoon is a real fox in her calculating ways too.

Guest goodnessgracious

There is something I just don't get. So basically Ho Bak doesn't really like Kkeut Soon, he just wants a rich girlfriend to help his family situation. Am I right?

There is something I just don't get. So basically Ho Bak doesn't really like Kkeut Soon, he just wants a rich girlfriend to help his family situation. Am I right?

You're right, basically.

My take on the situation is that HB doesn't certainly hate KS, but at this point he doesn't really know her enough to really like her. I think that even before he found out that she's from a rich family, she definitely grabbed his attention, initially from her notoriety, then from her wealth, and then will later, I suspect, from her peculiar charm once he gets to know her as a person. Provided, of course, he succeeds in converting her from her present sapphic inclination to a hetero state of mind.

Guest dramaok

yeah i mean i still think BC will have a hospital stay at some point and that's when her and YG will confirm their affection for each other and maybe at some point YG can help her get over her fear of birds too. YG is such a romanticized manly man though isn't he? heehee BC should thank her mom for renting that room out to YG. and Ruby can thank her mom too for bringing Kyle to her.

i think this drama is doing good in ratings. even though it's not over 20% it is #1 in its timeslot.

i've enjoyed many of writer Im's drama in the past. "To see and see", and "Foolish princes" were my favs. but the dramas after "Miss Mermaid" were kinda misses for me until now. I think this is a very charming drama like her older works.

Guest freezspirit

i have a bad feeling BC will be given an illness before the drama ends.

she said she was scared of the hospital. anyone else took that as a foreshadow?

I've not really watched this show properly but I do get a sense that she has a health problem. Something to do with her heart. I remember a clip where ruby checked her blood pressure. It was then I thought she must of been ill as a child and her sister decided to become a nurse to help her.

About the eldest son's girlfriend, I think so could come from a super rich family. I think her father must own a restaurant (or chain of restaurants) and her mother a chain of rice cakes stores. I don't think her parents know that she helps them out.

To be honest I'm going to rewatch from the start at the weekend just so I know the correct storyline.

Guest heycitrus

yeah i mean i still think BC will have a hospital stay at some point and that's when her and YG will confirm their affection for each other and maybe at some point YG can help her get over her fear of birds too. YG is such a romanticized manly man though isn't he? heehee BC should thank her mom for renting that room out to YG. and Ruby can thank her mom too for bringing Kyle to her.

Ooh yes, that's totally possible, a hospital stay...I thought you had meant something along the lines of a terminal illness. :(

I think they'll confirm their affections when he buys her that dog :P

Guest lucky_moon

I love BC & YG moments together, as we saw that BC slowly falling in love with YG & she'll get jealous, If I'm wrong in the preview is he going to the blind date?

Archived