Japanese Discussion 日本語の討論会

Guest putasmileon

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HELLnawITSc

I'm in Japanese 1 and I need someone to correct my little speech for me ASAP! If anyone can do this me really quick, I'll hella be your best friend or something or something..

BTW, I haven't learn kanji yet, so everything is in hiragana.

About My Friend:

こんにちわ。 これともたの しゃしんです。 わたしの ともだちの なまえは Chrisです。 Chrisさんは おとごの ひとです。 がんごくじんです。 Chrisさんの UC San Diegoの がくせいです。 そして、にねんせいです。 Chrisさんの せんごうは けいざいかくです。 ぃょうに すんでいます。 Chrisさんの ぃょうは ちいさいです。そして、せまいです。 Chrisさんの いぬの なまえは Aprilです。 Aprilは とても しずかです。 あぃがとう ございます。

That is all, fsho.

Guest orangecake

I'm in Japanese 1 and I need someone to correct my little speech for me ASAP! If anyone can do this me really quick, I'll hella be your best friend or something or something..

BTW, I haven't learn kanji yet, so everything is in hiragana.

About My Friend:

こんにちわ。 これともたの しゃしんです。 わたしの ともだちの なまえは Chrisです。 Chrisさんは おとごの ひとです。 がんごくじんです。 Chrisさんの UC San Diegoの がくせいです。 そして、にねんせいです。 Chrisさんの せんごうは けいざいかくです。 ぃょうに すんでいます。 Chrisさんの ぃょうは ちいさいです。そして、せまいです。 Chrisさんの いぬの なまえは Aprilです。 Aprilは とても しずかです。 あぃがとう ございます。

That is all, fsho.

こんにちわ。 これは ともだちの しゃしんです。 わたしの ともだちの なまえは くりす (Chris) です。くりすさんは おとこの ひとです。 かんこくじんです。 くりすさんは かりふぉるにあだいがく さんでぃえごこう (UC San Diego) の がくせいです。

そして、にねんせいです。 くりすさんの せんこうは けいざいがくです。 りょうに すんでいます。 くりすさんの りょうは ちいさいです。 そして、せまいです。 くりすさんの いぬの なまえは えいぷりる (April) です。 えいぷりるは とても おとなしいです。 ありがとう ございます。

がんばってね~。 :lol:

What is the different between 何か and なんか? Are they pronounced the same?

No

They are different, both in pronunciation and in meaning

何か can be read as なにか or なんか in casual speech, and in cases like this they are the same:

なにか食べる? Are you going to eat something? Will you eat something?

なんか食べる? Same as above, just abit more slanglier

However なんか (unlike 何か) can also be used a speech filler (similar to 'like' in English). In this way it's completely different than the one I just mentioned

Example:

どうしたの? What's wrong?

なんかさ、私のこと本当に好きだって well..like..he said he really likes me

This is used alot in real speech, good thing to memorize

It can also be used to downplay something, like if someone asked you a quesiton you could say

俺なんか分からない Someone like me wouldn't understand that / You can't expect someone like me to understand that

Therefore the two are quite different and in most cases will not mean the same thing, especially depending on if the kanji for 何か is used or not

がいこくじんです。

I think he meant to say かんこくじん, Korean

I'm doing a little research on Sakaya..

does anyone know what is sold there besides sake?

not that much honestly, lol...sake cups, sake cupboards, sometimes various types of food that's said to go well with certain brands of sake (even seen raw squid being sold before)

Guest orangecake

I'm doing a little research on Sakaya..

does anyone know what is sold there besides sake?

伝統的な酒屋は、酒しか売ってない。

でも、最近はよほどのマニアックな酒屋じゃないと、そのスタイルだと経営できません。

一般的な酒屋は、酒とおつまみを売ってます。

お米をいっしょに扱ってるとこもある。

さらには色々な生活用消耗品(ごみ袋とか洗剤とか・・・色々)を売ってる店も多いし。

以前は法律で、「人口に対して酒屋の数を決める」というルールがあって、酒屋をむやみやたらに開店することはできなかっ

たの。

お酒を販売するためには特別な免許が必要だったから。

そこで、お酒を売りたい大手のコンビニエンスストアがどんどん街の酒屋さんを買収していった。

お酒の自動販売機は午後11時以降は稼動していないので、24時間営業のコンビニでお酒を売るのは、すごく合理的だったんだ(対面販売だと、午後11時以降も売ることはできるから)。

でも、何年か前に法律が変わって、酒屋の数の規制がなくなったので、今は酒屋じゃなくて、普通のスーパーやコンビニでお酒を売るようになりました。

というわけで、純粋な酒屋はどんどん減っています。 :tears:

O.O ^is there a translation for that? ^-^

hehahahoehoehahaha maybe

she said traditional sake shops only sell sake, but sake shops that only sell sake these days aren't able to stay in business..most sake shops now sell snacks, everyday goods such as detergents, trashbags.. In the past there was a law that dictated the amount of sake shops allowed to be constructed based upon population statistics, and you couldn't sell sake without a special license so it really narrowed down the amount people who could set up a sake shop. Therefore many of the major convenience store chains began purchasing all the sake shops. Since sake vending machines don't work past 11pm it made it easier for people to be able to purchase them at convenience stores which stay open 24 hours.

But a few years ago the law changed and removed the restrictions on the number of sake shops that were allowed to be built, so now not only sake shops but regular convenience stores and supermarkets also sell sake. Which means that real authentic sake shops are hard to find these days.

heys..can someone tell me how to say these phrases?

-how may i help you?

-would you like a bag? (plastic bag...like the ones you get when ur shopping)

-real gold

-fake necklace (or costume jewelry)

-plastic (plastic jewelry)

-this really matches you.

thanks if you can help...and thanks to akira53 and putasmileon for helping me out w/ my last question >_< sorries i'm asking so much -____-

Guest akira53

heys..can someone tell me how to say these phrases?

-how may i help you?

-real gold

thanks if you can help...and thanks to akira53 and putasmileon for helping me out w/ my last question >_< sorries i'm asking so much -____-

would u like a bag:

ふくろがいりますか?

I was just having a discussion with my co-worker on what fukuro acutally is. She said fukuro is considered like the plastic bags..like the ones you'd get at スーパー like when they ask 'paper or plastic'. As for the shipping bags you'd get ay Macys (like the paper ones w/handels) you's call that バッグ...or at least that's what she told me. But we have the paper bags w/handels at our store and all the other employees called it ふくろ so when I told her this she was like :blink: lol so idk which one you're talking about but I always say ふくろ

I'm not sure about the other ones lol

btw, you go to Roosevelt right? or some school in town lol....what level japanese are you taking now?

Guest SUJUfied.

not that much honestly, lol...sake cups, sake cupboards, sometimes various types of food that's said to go well with certain brands of sake (even seen raw squid being sold before)

ooh.. btw, do you know what types of food they sell there? ^-^

ooh.. btw, do you know what types of food they sell there? ^-^

You're not going to find a definitive list because it really varies depending on the shop. However the term 'otsumame' refers specifically to snacks that go along with alcohol, so if you google it or whatever you might find something

-how may i help you?

-real gold

I'm assuming you're using these on costumers, so I've made the sentences abit formal:

How may I help you ? - 何かお手伝いしましょうか? - nanika otetsudai shimashouka?

Real gold - 本物の金 - honmono no kin

Fake necklace - 偽物のネックレス - nisemono no nekkuresu

Plastic - プラスチック - purasuchikku (can also say プラスチックの宝石 - purasuchikku no houseki - plastic jewelry)

This really matches you - 本当にお似合いですね - hontou ni oniai desu ne

would u like a bag:

ふくろがいりますか?

I was just having a discussion with my co-worker on what fukuro acutally is. She said fukuro is considered like the plastic bags..like the ones you'd get at スーパー like when they ask 'paper or plastic'. As for the shipping bags you'd get ay Macys (like the paper ones w/handels) you's call that バッグ...or at least that's what she told me. But we have the paper bags w/handels at our store and all the other employees called it ふくろ so when I told her this she was like :blink: lol so idk which one you're talking about but I always say ふくろ

I'm not sure about the other ones lol

btw, you go to Roosevelt right? or some school in town lol....what level japanese are you taking now?

yeahs i go to roosevelt...im in level 3..hahas >_< thanks for the help...and thanks to tamago86 alsos ^__^

hi i was wondering if anyone could help me with some phrases?

we have to do omise's for japanese class so i was wondering how i would say

2 for 500 yen?

buy one get free?

My products have less sugar.

thank you :)

Archived