Japanese Discussion 日本語の討論会

Guest putasmileon

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:mellow: here's a challenge...how about someone tell me abouts Japanese Ethics and its political and economic philosophies...it can just be general, but dont give me websites or anything like that with info on it...anybody? onegai?

Guest luzCONTROL_7

Hello again everyone! I'm sorry for asking so much. In the future I hope I can help other newbies with japanese. Next year I will start studying Japanese serious in class again.

I'm writing a fanmail and I'm using the japanese I know but I still want to say a couple of other things. Can someone help me?

- When I grow up I want to be like you.

- I love your style and music.

- I'm sorry for my poor Japanese.

Does this meaning work?

"あなたは本当にカッコイです"

anata ha hontou ni kakkoi desu

you are really cool

Other things:

- Your hands are soft.

- Thank you for coming to Sweden!

- It's a dream come true.

- Your voice is amazing.

Thank you. (I'm sorry for asking so much)

Tamago, thank you for your help with "can I take a picture of you?", etc! I will learn it and use it!

^

- When I grow up I want to be(come) like you. (私が成長すると、あなたのようになりたいと思います。)

- I love your style and music. (私はあなたのスタイルと音楽が非常に好きです。)

- I'm sorry for my poor Japanese. (私の貧しい日本語をお詫びします)

あなたは本当にカッコイです works for you a really cool.

Other things:

- Your hands are soft. (あなたの手は柔らかいです。)

- Thank you for coming to Sweden! (スウェーデンに来てくださってありがとうございます!)

- It's a dream come true. ( I don't know how to say this, I thinks its それは実現する夢です。)

- Your voice is amazing. (あなたの声は驚くべきものです。)

Also since it's a fanmail you don't always have to say 私は. That's usually understood without saying it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 私の日本語は奇妙です。 :sweatingbullets:

Guest dr jung

Hello again everyone! I'm sorry for asking so much. In the future I hope I can help other newbies with japanese. Next year I will start studying Japanese serious in class again.

I'm writing a fanmail and I'm using the japanese I know but I still want to say a couple of other things. Can someone help me?

Off topic, but are you going to meet Masuda and Tegoshi? :mellow:

If you are, I'm immensely jealous. :tears:

でもこのままで

There's a でも there so that means you took this out of somewhere, what it means will depends on what came before and after it.

Example:

三個も買えと言われたな。。でもこのままでいいのかな

They told me to buy three of them..but I wonder if this will do

冗談だと分かってるよ、でもこのままでだめだからやめときな

I know it's a joke, but it can't go on like this so just cut it out

So the meaning could be very different depending on the context

X = name of person

When I grow up I want to be like you 大人になったら「X」のようになりたいです

I love your style and music Xのスタイルと音楽が大好きです

I'm sorry for my poor Japanese 日本語が下手で申し訳ないです

I think you're really cool Xは本当にかっこいいと思います

かっこいい has two いs

Your hands are soft + thank you for coming to sweden = what nana wrote

It's a dream come true. 現実になった夢です

Your voice is amazing 歌声はすばらしいです

Best to wait until orangecake does the final round of corrections before you send it off

Guest orangecake

There's a でも there so that means you took this out of somewhere, what it means will depends on what came before and after it.

So the meaning could be very different depending on the context

X = name of person

When I grow up I want to be like you 大人になったら「X」のようになりたいです

I love your style and music Xのスタイルと音楽が大好きです

I'm sorry for my poor Japanese 日本語が下手で申し訳ないです

I think you're really cool Xは本当にかっこいいと思います

かっこいい has two いs

Your hands are soft + thank you for coming to sweden = what nana wrote

It's a dream come true. 現実になった夢です

Your voice is amazing 歌声はすばらしいです

Best to wait until orangecake does the final round of corrections before you send it off

「このまま」の「まま」は、「状態・状況」を表します。

このまま = この状態、この状況

今のまま = 今の状態、今の状況

前のまま = 前の状態、前の状況

元のまま = 元の状態、元の状況

だから、

でもこのままで = でもこの状態で

この表現を、二つの文節をつなぐ部分に使う場合は、Tamago が書いてるので正解。

ただ~し。

冗談だと分かってるよ、でもこのままでだめだからやめときな

は不自然。この場合は、「でもこのままでは」「でもこのままじゃ」という風に使いましょう~。

そして、マメ知識を一つ。

小説、特に古いものを読んでいると、時々「ママ」というルビ(ふりがな)が振られている場合があります。

例えば・・・。

(ママ)

僕はそのきな木をとても大切にしていた。

これは、本来「そのきな木」と書くのが正しいんだけど、作者が「」という字を使っているんですよ、印刷の間違いじゃないんですよ、という意味。

ただ単に、作者が字を間違えてる場合、すでに亡くなってるから今更訂正も確認もできない、ということもあるし、作者が本当は違うと分かっていても、あえてこの字を使いたくて使ってる場合もある。原因はいろいろ。

X = name of person

When I grow up I want to be like you  大人になったら「X」さんのようになりたいです

I love your style and music Xさんのスタイルと音楽が大好きです

I'm sorry for my poor Japanese 日本語が下手で申し訳ないです or 日本語が下手でごめんなさい。

I think you're really cool Xさんは本当にかっこいいと思います

It's a dream come true. 実現した夢です

Your voice is amazing 歌声はすばらしいです or あなたの声は最高です。

芸能人や、有名人のことを話す時、ついつい呼び捨てにするよね。 :sweatingbullets:

でも、やはり本人を目の前にして話しかける時や手紙を書く時は、「さん」をつけたほうがいいよ。

ただし。

もちろん、ライブなんかで名前を叫ぶ時は呼び捨てでもOK! :lol:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 私の日本語は奇妙です。 :sweatingbullets:

全然奇妙じゃないよ~。

すごくきれいな日本語だよ。 :lol:

Can someone explain to me what mistakes I made in writing those sentances in Japanese for luzCONTROL_7. It's so much easier to translate Japanese to English but when I do the opposite I usually get the idea but hardly translate everythng right. :tears:

Orangecakeありがとう!

「このままじゃ」の使い方をクラスで習ったんだけど「このままで」とどこが違うのかあまり教わらなかったな。。覚えときます!

oo実物なら有名な人を呼び捨てで話しかけるのだめだねw間違えた

Can someone explain to me what mistakes I made in writing those sentances in Japanese for luzCONTROL_7. It's so much easier to translate Japanese to English but when I do the opposite I usually get the idea but hardly translate everythng right.

Haha I can tell you that will always be a big problem..That's why there are virtually no translators that do translations from their native langauge into a non native language (like English to Japanese), it's always non-native language into native language (Japanese to English). It's a two way street though because the same goes for Japanese people, they can look at an English sentence and if they understand the message can translate it into perfectly natural Japanese, which we can't do, but we native English speakers can look at Japanese sentences and if we understand the message translate them into perfectly natural English. I'm not talking about easy or everyday things really but more complicated stuff

The main reason that this is a problem is because of native intuition, an English native or Japanese native can usually tell you without thinking what sounds right and what sounds wrong in their language, so the problem for second language learners is more in making speech idiomatic (natural like the way natives speak it) than it is with grammar, because it's difficult for alot of people especially those who've never lived in Japan to know what's most natural. So while most of what you typed is grammatically correct some things are not the way a Japanese person would say it, which is why I changed it. It's a common problem, because if you just look something up in a dictionary you have no idea if it's actually used or not to express what you want to say, you need to listen to how Japanese people talk to get a hang of how to speak naturally.

- When I grow up I want to be(come) like you. (私が成長すると、あなたのようになりたいと思います。)

成長する、 yes 成長する literally means to grow, but in the sense of growing up, and going out into the world it's more common to use 大人になったら (literally 'when I become an adult'). なったら or したら is important because if you used 大人になると that implies that once you become an adult something automatically happens, which is why it's more common to say ~たら for 'when'.

- I love your style and music. (私はあなたのスタイルと音楽が非常に好きです。)

非常に is very formal, used mostly in official writing. Regular non-formal ways to express 'very' are とても、すごく、本当に. More slangy ways to express it are めっちゃ、マジ、超。 But in this case since it's I love X it can just be Xが大好き

- I'm sorry for my poor Japanese. (私の貧しい日本語をお詫びします)

貧しい is usually used in the sense of financially poor, you could say 貧しい日本語力 but that would be very formal and stiff. お詫びします is also very formal and not used in the right sense here. Like Orangcake wrote you can say 日本語が下手でごめんなさい or like I wrote you can say 日本語が下手で申し訳ないです, which is alittle more formal than ごめんなさい

- It's a dream come true. (それは実現する夢です。)

Apparently I got this one wrong too so no comment, haha :sweatingbullets: You were closer though, for it's a dream come true it seems you use 現実する instead of what I used (現実になる)

-Your voice is amazing. (あなたの声は驚くべきものです。)

驚くべき is not really that commonly used, more natural adjectives would be 素晴らしい、すごい、素敵, 感動的

Anyways that's what I thought

Guest luzCONTROL_7

Wow, so many replies!!! lol

Thank you everyone - Nana, Tamago, orangecake!

I owe you so much.

It's really late here now,

so I'll look at it more carefully tomorrow and finish my letter.

^_^

Thanks alot!

It really means alot to me.

:D I will use it and learn it!

Now I can finally tell them what I want to tell them.

edit: dr jung: Yes, I will meet Tegomass. ^_^

If you're interested in a single, just PM me. I think their goal was to sell 500 cds in one day !

Guest orangecake

Wow, so many replies!!! lol

Thank you everyone - Nana, Tamago, orangecake!

I owe you so much.

It's really late here now,

so I'll look at it more carefully tomorrow and finish my letter.

^_^

Thanks alot!

It really means alot to me.

:D I will use it and learn it!

Now I can finally tell them what I want to tell them.

edit: dr jung: Yes, I will meet Tegomass. ^_^

If you're interested in a single, just PM me. I think their goal was to sell 500 cds in one day !

おおっと。

手紙の相手は、手越くんたちかな?

だったら、呼び方は、手越さん、より、手越くん、の方がいいよ。 :lol:

基本的に、ジャニーズ事務所に所属している人たちは、「くん」付けで呼んで問題ない!

ただし、30歳未満に限るけどね。 B)

基本的に、ジャニーズ事務所に所属している人たちは、「くん」付けで呼んで問題ない

HAHAHAHAH so very the true HAHAHHAHAhAS. and, くん sounds nicer than さん anyway. さん is used on formal occasions, but くん is ermmms. what do you called it. the distance is closer. ;D

Guest akira53

Well...spring registration is coming up and I'm determined to take a Japanese course this semester. Originaly I just wanted to take the regular JPN201 class, however, I'm considering taking an accelerated (201 and 202 in 1 semester) class (8 credits, 2 hours a day, 4 days a week =/). I'm not too sure about it yet and I don't quite want to dive right into a class after not "studying" Japanese for an entire semester (I've been trying to keep up my "self-stufy" thing XD) but UH offers back credits so if I pass the class with a C I'll get credit for 201, 202 and 101, 102. Also, I'm quite hesitant about taking the accenerated course because it'll mess with my schedule.

I think I'll be alright in a 201 class as far as speaking and listening, but my reading and writing skills have gone down the drain over the past 6 months :(...so perhaps I should just stick with the 201 class.

What do other ppl think about this?

Does your school have a placement exam? They're pretty accurate at determining a person's level and usually required before you enroll in anything about the 100 levels and haven't previously taken a language course there.

I'd say take the accelerated course, but only if can go into non-accelerated as a backup. If you go into non-accelerated first, and find it's too easy for you it will probably be too late for you to do the accelereated course due to how fast the pace is, but if you go into the accelerated and find it's too hard it shouldn't be a problem to go back into non-accelerated

Guest violet-anne

can anyone help me translate my name in japanese????

eng name -flora/florrie

korean name- 김혜연

thanks in advance!!!

Guest orangecake

can anyone help me translate my name in japanese????

eng name -flora/florrie

korean name- 김혜연

thanks in advance!!!

う~ん。

名前を訳する・・・読み方でいいのかな?

eng name -flora/florrie フローラ

korean name- 김혜연   キム・ヒェヨン

これをひらがなで書いてもいいけど、(フローラ=ふろーら、キム・ヒェヨン=きむ・ひぇよん)、日本では外国人の名前はカタカナで表記することが一般的。

Archived