{ Key To Beautiful Skin

Guest Hearted

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest plumplum

+ Wash or change pillowcases often (once or twice a week). Oil can accumulate from your hair and face.

+ When you shower, wash and condition your hair first and make sure it is rinsed well. Then wash your hands, then wash your face. A lot of ingredients in hair products are comedogenic and can cause breakouts. Make sure to wash your body after shampooing/conditioning as well to prevent acne on your back and chest.

+ Keep your face clean throughout the day. I wash mine once in the morning, once after school/work, and once before bed. Always remember to take off your makeup before sleeping.

+ Exfoliate once (or twice for oily skin) a week. I get better results from using a toothbrush or susaemi (mine looks like this) than from a scrub.

+ Make sure your skincare and makeup are non-comedogenic. There is a good list here.)

i have relatively clear skin? except for some red spots and small bumps from a past mistake. T_T

+ drink water.

+ get lots of sleep.

+ don't exfoliate/use some kind of a scrub everyday! it will make your skin sensitive and turn red and have spots.

+ makeup can clog your pores, try to only use for special occasions. :D

+ wash your pillowcases and bedspreads AT LEAST once a month.

+ change your clothes often. dirty clothes make your skin itch.

+ if you use a face cloth, remember to replace once in a while.

+ use sunscreen. i got freckles because i was too lazy to take the time to put it on. T_T now they're staying forever. sighh.

+ wash your face when you wake up and before you go to bed. i know how sometimes we can feel lazy and just wanna go sleep. but that leaves dirty things in our skin. =/

+ be very careful of scrubs and exfoliators. i broke out with red bumps after i used a scrub. T_T

Guest wonderfullness

when you rinse your face in the mornings with just warm and then cold water, what do you use to moisturize after?

Guest s2_syj

you hear it all the time but just eating a lot of fruit and vegetables and exercising regularly.

i think that's pretty much all there is to it. and drinking water, lots of it :]

Guest legoart

While I'm still on the quest towards beautiful skin here are a few things that are working/have worked for me:

DIET

As much as people say that food has no impact on acne or skin problems I would have to heartily disagree. Increasing fruits and veggies replenishes and revitalizes your insides, it gives you natural minerals and helps to detoxify and strengthen your inside and that shows on your skin.

By incorporating so much more fresh things in my diet, I've found I've lost my appetite for junk/fried foods. When I do eat some junk food, I feel unsatisfied and my body feels lazy and groggy. I find my skin feels looks a lot more dull as well.

Another thing to look out for is organic. Organic food is essential for healthy skin and a healthy body. The balance of hormones is a delicate thing, and happy, pesticide and hormone-free produce = healthy and happy skin!

Also keep in mind..water + green tea = your skin's life long lover.

EXERCISE

I feel an inner glow when I've been working out. Endorphins? Probably. But, it really does show on your skin. I feel more confident, and a lot less worried about minor imperfections when I'm on my exercising high, and when you stop stressing over your skin problems you stop picking at them and making them worse...which ultimately leads to better things for your skin!

Make sure you rinse off the sweat though!

SKIN CARE PRODUCTS

I like rotating my cleansers and using a different one for day and for night to keep my skin happy. I find that if I stick with one cleanser for a long time, my skin gets used to it and goes back to it's dull, lifeless state. Some of the cleansers I've used that I've really enjoyed are:

St. Ive's Apricot Scrub (please be gentle when you use this, don't mash it into your face, gently glide it around. This made my skin glow!)

Oil of Olay Daily Age Renewal (this stuff is amazing. It really smoothed out my face and evened out my skin tone. It makes your skin more susceptible to the sun, so make sure you use sun block!)

Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub (It really purges your skin and makes it feel tingly and fresh! Very fun to use during summer when your skin is oiltastic.)

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Cleansing Pads (Ah. Ah. Ah. This stuff is wonderful. Makes your skin sinfully soft, exfoliates like a dream, and really brightens it up.)

I don't ever tone my face, and my skin is happier for it.

For moisturizing I like Oil of Olay Total Effects with SPF 15, and Neutrogena's Healthy Skin line.

For masks I love egg masks and asprin + honey.

For spot treatment I stick with tea tree oil and exfoliation.

Guest daisy

nothing really. i guess i got the good genes, becasue my brother breaks out a lot. i just wash my face at night. i eat a lot of junk food tho. and sleep late

Guest sapphirebluebabii

Avoid STRESS! :crazy:

and drink WATER all the time ;)

I know it is hard to avoid breaking out if its genetic so paying a visit to a dermatologist might be more beneficial ~

Guest darch

i don't really do anything...

I just wash my makeup off w/ makeup remover and i use cetaphil to rinse.

Oh, and sometimes when my skin feels nasty, I use the Aveeno Skin Brightening Exfoliant. :)

Guest daniikittie

+ use sunscreen. i got freckles because i was too lazy to take the time to put it on. T_T now they're staying forever. sighh.

My friend always had many freckles but she said that after putting on sunblock every single morning for a couple weeks, most of them faded away.

It was the Neutrogena sunblock spf 70 xD

Not sure if this will work for everyone but i could clearly see a reduction in her freckles. (:

And as for my contribution to beautiful skin?

- i know that a lot of people have already said this but i think getting 8+ hours of sleep every night is a really big factor in beautiful skin.

People don't realize that when you're sleeping, this is when the skin cells "rejuvenate" themselves and when you deprive yourself of

sleep, your body cannot properly do so and this is what leads to some cases of acne and other skin problems.

- Lots of people also think that when you have acne, you should bombard your skin with lots of harsh, drying chemicals to "dry out" the pimples.

This has the opposite effect because when you dry out your skin, you just aggravate the acne and dry your skin out causing your body

to produce more oil to combat the dryness which leads to more pimples D: i used to have really bad skin but i started using very gentle products

on my face and using lots of hydrating products (because i figured if drying my face it not helping, why not try to infuse it with moisture to see if that works) and i'm happy to say that my skin is finally clearing up x] i don't even need foundation anymore.

- Lastly, water is SO important to beautiful skin and just healthy well-being. Drinking water not only helps your body stay hydrated, it also ensures that your

body can carry out all the functions to remove the toxins and wastes that are in your body that can hinder you from having great skin. If you eat very unhealthily, i suggest you drink tons of water to combat all the bad stuff that goes into your body x3

Hope this helps! (x

Guest dreammms

I have to admit that I like having my skin looking flawless, who doesn't?

It makes us have more self-confidence. And speaking from experience

of having lots of break outs when I was going through puberty, I think

the best thing you can do for your skin is drinking lots of water!! It's

essential and I truly think that is why my skin is not as red/bumpy

as it used to be...well that and good products. Using fruit acid for your

skin is actually good, ^^; I wash my face once a day (usually at night)

with a cleanser that contains fruit acids. Then I apply night cream,

and voila~ the next day my face looks brighter and healthy!

Guest StarryNightSky

My secret to good skin includesss:

-Genetics =] thanks mom

-Exercise, sweating is good for skin, gets all the bad stuff out

-Tea, green tea is full of antioxidants

-Water

-Sleep

-Exfoliate once a week

-Wash face two times a day in the morning and at night

-Moisturizer with spf

-night time moisturizer, skin works to repair itself at night, night creams help this process.

-Toner, gets all the extra yucky makeup and cleanser I missed.

I use cleansers etc that are organic none of that artificial crap, avoid stuff with alcohol in it

dont rub skin harshly, baddddd.

That's about it ;)

Archived