{ Key To Beautiful Skin

Guest Hearted

Guest Hearted

Yours?

What my mom tells me to eat for no acne and clear skin; Veggies! real coconut juice (& skin inside), fruits, soups (you know those asian soups your mom always make

:P), soy bean milk, freshly squeezed lime juice (with added sugar and abit of water), and ya that's what I can remember.

Next she tells me to never touch my skin, epsicieally on my face. I avoid using my nails to scratch my face when Im itchy.

After she tells me to never use those acne products because they never work, to me I find that true. My own experience with clean and clear made me breakout inside help. After I drank alot of coconut juice and it went away. I wash my face with hot water than cold water everyday. Once in the morning and once before I got to sleep. I tend not to stretch my face because that produces early wrinkles.

Er, I find putting lotion on my face makes it feel alot dirtier after the day is done. So I don't. No make-up on a reg basis because it's bad for your skin. Ya sunscreen after a day makes my skin feel dirty =(. But I put it on anyways.

But what I TRYYY to stay away from are my guilty pleasures, chips and deep fried food, fast foods, and tea? Yes If you drink to much you know hot cut of tea makes it bad for you and acne pops up one by one (from my experience). Basically junk foods and candy/chocolate.

Mom tells me never use those whiting creams/soaps (chemical ones) because it takes a layer off your real skin making it thinner and if you keep using it you'll get skin cancer. Because we were watching asian news and this lady used it. It made her have patches of black and white. It was horrible because she looks like this forever now =(. Im not quite sure about the natural ones.

Anyways my question is;

what's your way on keeping clear and acne free beautiful skin?

please delete if there is a thread like this already

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rawritzcynthia

oh eat lots of tomatoes and cucumbers =) they're good for ur skin

try to use as lil products on ur face as possible. my aunt uses like 10 things to keep her skin clear but...i only wash it once in the morning with plain water and a towel, once at night with cleanser and my skin is clear...and i havent figured out what astringent is yet O_o im not gonna bother looking it up cuz i know i dont need it and i know if i found out what it is i will be tempted to buy it too ._.

wash ur pillowcase and bedsheets, cuz the stuff on ur hair would touch ur face and if u dont wash ur hair the night before you sleep, all the gunk in ur hair ends up in ur pores!!!! so keep those clean =) im not sure what else...

Guest lekaaa

My secret is birth control pills. Its the only thing thats been keeping my skin super clear and smooth. Its probably the hormones. LOL.

Drinking a lot of water also keeps your skin healthy and keeps those pesky dark under eye circles in check.

Guest c.to_

most of the things your mom tells not to do, i dont do. she gives good advice :]

- i dont' touch my face

- wear minimal makeup

- wear sunscreen

- drink lots of water

- don't pick at pimples

- don't use random harsh products on my skin

- exfoliate at least once a week to get rid of dead skin cells

- blot excess oil that accumulates during the day so it doesn't mix with dirt or.w.e and clog my pores

I'm not affected my eating greasy foods. But then again, my acne medication is a miracle. ( prescription) ( p.s it's NOT accutane, lol. I use Diferin and Benzaclin)

Guest ilikecandixD

my secret is tea. not hot tea though like every day or 2 i brew a big pot of tea and dump alot of ice in there. and just drink it with a straw threw the whole day. But i wash my face when i wake up and when i go to sleep. i use tea tree oil products. Tea tree oil is supposed to tame acne cause it has disinfecting properties (something like that.)

Guest Sweet_Asian819

For me, I have to basically stay away from junk food.

If I eat junk food, I start to have pimples D: !

I also wash my face in the morning and night with warm water ^^;

Exfoliate and blah blah blah :P

Guest CherieDee

I exfoliate and do the egg-mask once a week,

wash my face everyday with white bar soap,

eat healthy foods and stay away from greasy foods with high colestrol*sp,

and I also use 'isoflavin' for age-defying and hardening my face.

Oh.. and when I feel like it, I put cucumbers on my face. :)

Hope this helped!

Guest llamamama

^ you should do that 1-2x a week o_o

because it's considered exfoliating or a type of scrub, and too much dries out your skin and makes it sensitive

Guest Nathalie

I exfoliate my skin a few times a week; If Its during school days; I usually exfoliate more often since I wear makeup.

I tho, don't use heavy makeup and its all natural based.

I sometimes use face lotion; because my face is really dry sometimes.

I don't pluck or pick pimples either;

Mostly from genetics; my face is really clean; just a few age spot-- well spots that are more exposed to the sun.

Guest sarah_kim

i don't have clear= skin, but i'm in the clear-er range i guess.

What do I do...

wash face after getting up (helps to get me fresh in the morning too :])

apply lots of moisturizer because i have seriously dry skin issues

sunscreen

drink LOTS AND LOTS of water

eat watermelon :] and fruits

don't starve

wash face before sleep

do those $1 face masks you can find at korean shops once a week

that's about it.

--

oh yeah. I don't use makeup at all...that may help?

Guest hsin531

-Water (keeps the skin hydrated)

-Green tea (really good antioxidant)

-Salmon or any foods with Omega 3's to maintain and improve skin elasticity (fish oil supplements help too)

-Sunscreen

-Cleanser (always wash your face daily especially if you wear makeup)

-Moisturize

-Eye cream to prevent wrinkles, crows feet, dark circles, etc.

-Exfoliate 2x a week to improve skin texture

-Face masks to nourish the skin

I'm fanatic about skincare. I think it's so important to take care of the skin because it's your "canvas" and you can add so many colors on your face or cover up as much as you want but if your skin is not healthy the overall effect is diminished.

Guest Cakdel

my secret is sleeping more, and trying to be less stress.

@lekaaa: birth control O_O. I'm kinda tempted to try XD

Guest beana*

I was my face religiously at night but in the morning I just take a cotton ball and my toner and swab my face.

I always use a toner am/pm.

I drink lots of water.

I use a primer with spf 50 for those very sunny summer days.

I get a good night's rest.

I use extra virgin olive oil as my moisturizer at night.

When I do get break outs I turn the honey+aspirin mask and I run towards the extra virgin olive oil bottle!

Guest sophie-wears

SLEEP- is my secret, a good night sleep really makes a huge difference!

CLEANSING- at least twice a day (morning and evening)

MOISTURIZING- is a must!

HEALTHY DIET- try to eat balanced meals in addition I love my antioxidant, love love love BOMDIA, is so delish!

Guest syj4kjw

in the morning i just wash my face with water (no cleanser) and use Laneige toner with cotton pad to wipe off dirt.

This is cleansing+moisturizing step i do every night. hope that it helps.

1)massage my face with sea sponge+cleanser in circular motion while washing face.. (skin looks polished)

2)rinse my face with warm water then with cold water to close pores.

3)air dry my face. i NEVER wipe my face with towel. it has germs, dust, etc that might clog ur pores with it.

4)use vineagar+green tea toner night time only (1:2 ratio) makes pores smaller, helps with redness etc

5)apply moisturizer

6)apply extra virgin olive oil (massage onto ur skin in circular motion) instead of night cream. ur skin will feel baby soft next morning!

and of course drink lots of water.

Archived