[drama 2010] ++ Je Jung Won ++ 제중원 ++

Guest kangki

Guest genvixen79

:rolleyes: wow...those were lovely wedding dresses for Seokran(hhj).

CONGRATUALATIONS TO ALL JJW CAST & CREWS....no matter how bad the ratings it become...for me...JJW is still one of the best cast ever k-drama, inspiring, educational, captivating(most specially to the costume collection of hhj) drama as of this year. great von voyage!!!

I'm going to really miss hhj every week...hope she'll have another drama this year(though i know she have to make up w/ naul for the 2 years they're not together when he's in military service)....sigh....when shall I see this excellent actress again??!!

Thank you so much to all JJW FANS who unselfishly shared everything about JJW in this thread!kudos to all!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest holic71

Hey holic71, thank you so much for the clarification :)

Would you by any chance know where they are going? B)

Hi shuky, I have no idea where they go. Nobody mentioned about it.

In fact, the picture, 'Cap from the last episode', you posted is what HHJ posted at the dc gall with her message. At the end, she said she's about to leave for the overnight trip. ;)

Guest lOveKorea

Thank you for your clarifications holic71. You're very helpful.

Director seems like a fun person :P

1zxbix4.jpg

ae625g.jpg

Chil Bok looks really different.

2edm7b7.jpg

Like denzai, I too wonder what happened to Naoko :huh:

15wsjm.jpg

2uqj85g.jpg

Guest shuky

Hi shuky, I have no idea where they go. Nobody mentioned about it.

In fact, the picture, 'Cap from the last episode', you posted is what HHJ posted at the dc gall with her message. At the end, she said she's about to leave for the overnight trip. ;)

Hey holic71, thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question :)

Just one more question.......kekeke....I see from one cap the restaurant's actually near Lotte as the neon signage was hard to miss. May I know where the restaurant is? In Myeongdong, Seoul? :) Don't worry if you don't have the info as I'm just curious :D:rolleyes:

Thank you so much :)

Hey lovekorea, thanks for the update! B)

Source:

http://news.nate.com/view/20100504n05560

Chinese translation by me2snoopy at tieba baidu, HHJ's bar

Here's an analytical piece to dissect the reasons for the less than ideal ratings. In a nutshell, the series opted for a tried-and-tested formula, a safe route in the storytelling which did not excite viewers, even though it was a good production. Essentially, it's a story of good vs evil, with HJ epitomising the good and the triumph of good over evil against all odds, as commonly expected. As such, HJ's choices are obvious and the outcome, to be expected. (e.g., HJ going against societal norms and getting a clean slate from King Gojong to start anew)

The writer further argues that there's no blurring of lines between good and evil, as in the case in reality. Consequently, the series does not excite viewers much.

「收视率不过是个数字」,《济众院》的影迷如此说,因为好看收视低才更让人可惜,不过大众文化是否有个超越票房的判断标准?

《济众院》过於安稳,也可以说是只求安稳,没有什麼超出观众期待的东西,精彩不足,安稳的结局让观众无所期待,因为「正义」已被完美设定。

SBS《济众院》5月4日播出最终回36集,结束四个月的大长征。

戏剧提出的议题是旧韩末社会的不合理,身处其中屠夫出身的医生黄正孤军奋斗,然而观众已经预知黄正会胜利。

阶级在旧韩末被废止,因此黄正会从身分制约之苦被解放是可预见的,虽有日帝侵略的纠葛,但主角的选择很明显,日帝侵略是「不可容忍的不义」。

感受不到身受其苦的黄正有丝毫内在冲突,总是根据正义做出正确的选择,和他作对的人物就沦为不义,在设定好的「不可容忍的不义」之下,《济众院》是一目了然的。

白道阳也是扭曲社会下的受害者,不过他以扭曲的方式反击,和只选择正义的黄正相比之下,不是变成反派就是被彻底同化,本剧选择了后者。

在此二人之间,柳石兰的选择也很明显,正义的黄正和不义的白道阳,柳石兰和黄正的设定则异曲同工,旧韩末,对屠夫和女性同样有荒谬的限制。

就这个层面上看,柳石兰和白道阳结合的可能性为零,他们不是相爱的关系,而是家族的世交,现代看来这也是束缚女性的旧时代习气。

善恶设定分明,反面论点没有置啄之余地,及时代背景不容许以「他们也有自己认为的正义」为藉口。

正道只有一条,毫无模糊地带,很安全,但世事并非如此黑白分明,戏剧所描述的世界应更崎岖,因此造成精彩不足,《济众院》除了「安稳」、「制作精良」的感觉,什麼也没留下。

Video clip of wrap party:

wmcsw3.jpg

Source: (Details of the party within)

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=jejun...page=1&bbs=

Edited:

More fan art from dcinside

w97gb8.jpg

ac4exk.jpg

"I wanted to be a World Idol": PYW

Source:

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=20...amp;code=100100

*erm....the auto translation is quite difficult to understand. Pls correct me if wrong :blush: :unsure:

During the wrap party held at a restaurant in IIsan (hey holic71, found my answer :) ) last night (3 May), PYW made a surprising confession - his dream was to be a world idol, a pop idol loved by all. However, after realising his limitations, he gave up that dream and vowed to wow audiences with his sincere performances. His idol? Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep.

And PYW had new work all lined-up after JJW wrapped but was coy to divulge any details except that it would be a movie.

ng9c2o.jpg

a2syrs.jpg

Can you recognise all of them?

14m48c5.jpg

From dcinside

Guest mira92

hey!thanks everyone for all the photos and updates.HHJ looks so lovely in all the pictures. :);)

its good to know the JJW cast have a wrap party.it must be tiring months for all of them but also a good memory..

so sad today will be last eps.i think in Korea its currently airing.hope will be a happy ending.cant wait for me to watch. :)

I'm going to really miss hhj every week...hope she'll have another drama this year(though i know she have to make up w/ naul for the 2 years they're not together when he's in military service)....sigh....when shall I see this excellent actress again??!!

hey genvixen79,im with you too.gonna miss watching hhj in JJW.hope she will rest well after JJW ends and have a new project. :D;)

i have some pictures to post here but i cant save them.maybe i will try to post later if can. :P

Guest lOveKorea

Thanks for the PYW article shuky. I don't fully understand Korean, but don't worry your translation is right ;)

I'll definitely miss HJ & SR and of course DY.

What an unexpected confession hehe..Happy to hear that he has a new movie. I was worried that he will be away for a while since he picks his projects rather slowly.

By the way, HHJ looks so lovely in the wrap up party video.

Guest shuky

It's a happy ending!!!

The wedding was the best wedding I had ever attended, especially when they exchanged their heart felt vows.....when Dr Allen asked the groom to kiss the bride, HJ was too shy. SR was embarrassed as her mother was in the church. It was only when Dr Allen asked if they had any regrets in getting married that they kissed :)

HJ had to leave for Manchuria and SR was supposed to leave with HJ but changed her mind when her best friend died, entrusting the patients in Bogu Women's hospital to her.

There was a time skip of five years (?) and HJ and SR reunited at long last.

*The newly weds honeymooned in HJ's first home in the butcher's village to dodge Japanese soldiers.

JJW moved to their spanking new premises, the new Severance-JJW Memorial hospital (I may have gotten the exact name wrong)

Ooops....left out DY. Hey denzai, do send all your love to DY-nim :)

He's all alone and when SR married HJ, he cried at the restaurant (just a wee bit) managed by Jewook.

However, in HJ's absence, he was responsible for training new medical students and he remembered his training days years back under Dr Allen and the competition with HJ.

Guest shuky

Hey lovekorea, thank you so much for the caps and gif.... :)

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

1z3v49j.jpg

Source:

http://news.nate.com/view/20100504n22783

Five years after HJ set off for Manchuria to be part of the independence movement, he was reunited with his wife SR. On a plateau overlooking a vast valley, HJ told SR," Here, we will build a hospital." Agreeing, SR added they could also build a school, thus ending a four-month run of JJW, which started production in September last year or eight months of grueling work for both cast and crew.

There was closure too for DY who had suffered from an inferiority complex.

Source:

http://web.reviewstar.net/web_200806/view....0&id=231034

With HJ leaving JJW to fight for Korea's independence, DY became the most senior doctor in charge of training the new medical students. When doing their rounds one day, he asked one of his students what were the symptoms of malaria which reminded him of Dr Allen's training years back and the rivalry between him and HJ. Later, he asked his students what was more important in medicine, competition or cooperation. The answer, which he discovered through much hardship and pain, was cooperation as embodied by the spirit and values of JJW.

1444q5c.jpg

sov6a8.jpg

2s0nw4o.jpg

Source:

http://web.reviewstar.net/web_200806/view....0&id=231035

Info is more or less the same as above.

Here's a closer look at the new Severance hospital at the film set in Hapcheon. Caps taken from cyworld.

2qbhkep.jpg

se8t52.jpg

Guest shuky

Turning a new page in JJW history: The spanking new Severance hospital

25rm5gg.jpg

HJ will never be able to stay away from such a historic day. Lying low from Japanese surveillance, HJ had to adopt various disguises to communicate with or see his wife SR. On this day, HJ informed SR he was leaving for Manchuria and SR insisted she should go with him and reminded HJ of their wedding vows.

jf7vqh.jpg

28vyq92.jpg

All caps from dcinside

*HJ's other disguise: Yigwak inspired B)

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=jejun...page=1&bbs=

As a fortune teller, he could at least hold SR's hand B)

Archived