[drama 2010] ++ Je Jung Won ++ 제중원 ++

Guest kangki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shuky

Hey holic71 and lovekorea, thank you so much for your inputs :) I like the older PYW better B) ....much like..erm...Harrison Ford B):rolleyes:

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

All caps, gifs from dcinside unless otherwise stated

"I will follow you to JJW"

2nibtk0.jpg

1h8ol4.jpg

16bzgy8.jpg

14ie879.jpg

Source:

http://web.reviewstar.net/web_200806/view....0&id=230187

In episode 33 of JJW, both DY and Naoko left Hanseong hospital for JJW. However, it was DY who threw in the towel first. Given the political realities after Korea became a protectorate of Japan, DY was given an Order of Merit from Japan for saving the life of the Minister of Army, Yi Geun-taek, one of the five Eulsa traitors and Japanese puppet. With the new gong, DY was discharged from his duties as a doctor and was awarded a new title. This prompted DY to put in his resignation and return to doctoring at JJW.

High kick through the roof....well, almost as no one can stop him from leaving:

bjcxvn.gif

Earlier, while visiting Naoko at the hospital room (she was recovering from epiglottitis and a tracheotomy), DY sounded out Naoko by asking if she was willing to leave HH with him as he was thinking of quitting.

Over at JJW, DY's return was welcomed by SR and HJ like an old family friend.

dy68vs.jpg

Following DY was Naoko, who arrived at JJW with chest loads of medicines. When asked by DY if she had taken them from HH, Naoko denied she stole any of them as she paid for the medications herself. Later in the locker room, Naoko reminded DY what he said when he was working at HH. Just as he was at HH to treat patients, she was at JJW to nurse, regardless of the politics. This warmed DY's heart and made him feel so proud of Naoko.

In the trailer for episode 34, just when we think DY will now marry Naoko as he places his mother's ring on her finger, Naoko said:"DY-sama and I have to breakup now."

Imperious "Dong Yi" crosses 20% barrier

Source:

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno...042706370585170

According to the latest nationwide viewership data from AGB Nielsen, MBC''s "Dong Yi" hit 21%, up 1.8 points from last week and at the expense of SBS' "Jejoongwon", with a slide of 1.8 points to reach 10.3%. KBS' "The Birth of the Rich" remained stable at 14.3%.

Guest shuky

After a tiring day at Bogu Women's hospital, HJ surprised SR by appearing at the door to pick her up. Because it's spring, wouldn't it be a waste if we don't squeeze in a spot of cherry blossom viewing by throwing in a picnic to de-stress? B)

Not that I'm complaining. :D

2aiqbmb.jpg

2igbue0.jpg

ibvspl.jpg

am5o9e.jpg

2gu9r8m.jpg

ff1x6p.jpg

66mfsn.jpg

SR and HJ were so tired that they were fast asleep even after their rickshaw had arrived at JJW. Mongchong and Yigwak had to hold the handle so as not to disturb their sleep.

70csip.jpg

2iuds9e.jpg

1zb4e1f.jpg

On a separate development, SR and HJ told her parents they would like their wedding to be held at JJW. In drawing up the guests list later at the restaurant, HJ stated his preference for Dr Allen to preside over their wedding as Dr Allen did save his life (gunshot wounds) and gave him the chance to embark on a career in medicine by making him his assistant. SR agreed with HJ.

Guest shuky

News of Korea becoming a Japanese protectorate hit everyone hard....

33afou0.jpg

24qjw2s.jpg

....while others celebrate. The independence fighters decided to kill the Eulsa traitors and one of them was Yi Geun-taek

2wp2m1y.jpg

nr11dy.jpg

2z9d0lt.jpg

554acz.jpg

But the former police constable (forgot his name) was shot in the mission. Interpreter Yu sent for HJ at JJW but HJ brought DY along. It was a happy reunion as Yu updated the constable with news of HJ being freed from is butcher status by Gojong and both HJ and DY were qualified doctors. After examining his wounds, the doctors advised immediate surgery at JJW to remove the bullets.

314v8tw.jpg

2eaqsr7.jpg

2ijjjbo.jpg

zlyfrn.jpg

2yzn4va.jpg

The injured Yi Geun-taek identified Yu as the ringleader and at the end of the episode, Yu was arrested for ordering the hit on YGT.

6h01zo.jpg

Guest shuky

The calm before the storm

r0qmia.jpg

24cy449.jpg

20iz0r8.jpg

k9b0k9.jpg

Source:

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...1113&ext=na

SR and HJ's idyllic frolic in the park would soon be shattered with the arrest of Interpreter Yu, who will be given the death penalty, as indicated in the trailer for episode 34.

In fact, when they returned to JJW after their picnic, JJW was in disarray as Japanese soldiers had ransacked the place looking for the constable who had earlier received treatment in the hospital. The Japanese actions angered Dr Avison as he pointed out to them they had no right to do as they wished as America had extra-territorial rights there.

Later, Dr Avison would bring his complaint to Delegate Allen who in turn will make an official complaint to his Japanese counterpart as seen in the preview for episode 34.

Guest shuky

ejala1.jpg

Source:

http://web.reviewstar.net/web_200806/view....0&id=230189

fk8ius.jpg

16aqn36.jpg

2wn8kdv.jpg

4q0fmr.gif

Source:

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201004262355561001

One the immediate impact of becoming a Japanese protectorate was the difficulties encountered by JJW in procuring drugs. When two patients were brought to JJW, the hospital was low on anaesthetic. HJ had to prioritise and decided to save the man with a more severe injury. (an axe sticking out from his back)

The other patient, who turned out to be HJ's friend, had a deep cut in his stomach and was not given anaesthetic as the hospital had run out of supplies. HJ's friend didn't understand why HJ was saving a Japanese puppet and traitor and soon died from his injuries.

Confronted by this new dilemma, HJ was deeply affected by the patient's death. Although SR reassured him he did right by treating the patient who was more sick first, HJ wasn't sure if that principle was still right, given the circumstances.

Friends reunited

v8pkaw.jpg

11790sp.jpg

kdwppi.jpg

ngvgcg.jpg

Source:

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201004262238101001

Guest shuky

As reality hits home

Source:

http://news.nate.com/view/20100427n05274

Some additional points from the article above. The aftermath of Japanese imperialism in Korea:

a. Women were attacked and suffered ruptured intestines

b. Mine workers were told to "Hail the Emperor (Japanese)"

c. Medical supplies to JJW cut

d. Outbreak of rabies

All gifs from dcinside

6p23yb.gif

o91tuo.gif

Guest shuky

Source:

http://news.nate.com/view/20100427n03005

Chinese translation by me2snoopy from HHJ's bar @tieba baidu

All translation mistakes are mine

在朝鲜沦为日本殖民地的乱世中,黄正与石兰的爱情路并不平顺。

SR and HJ's love life hits another snag as Korea is plunged into chaos with Japanese colonisation.

26日播出的SBS《济众院》中,石兰的父亲柳希书,涉嫌从事义兵活动,被日本警察带走,梦想著幸福的两人婚礼延后。

In the broadcast on 26 April, SR's father is arrested by Japanese police for his alleged involvement in the independence movement. The happy couple's dream wedding may have to be postponed.

这天播出中柳希书的义兵活动受到日本监视,他要求黄正与石兰举行婚礼。

In episode 33, as Interpreter's Yu movements are closely watched by Japanese agents, he wants SR and HJ to be married soon.

两人虽对柳希书突然的提议感到意外,但也欣然同意,两人相视,感到爱情终於能够开花结果。

Although surprised by Yu's sudden request, both gladly agreed as there's finally a happy ending in sight.

石兰与黄正决定在济众院举行婚礼,并梦想著新婚的甜蜜。

SR and HJ decide to hold the wedding at JJW and dream of marrital bliss.

但幸福并未如预期,柳希书因涉嫌暗杀乙巳五贼之一的李根泽,被日军逮捕,石兰家陷入危险。

However, their idyll is shattered when Yu was arrested for his role in getting one of the five Eulsa traitors, Yi Geun-taek, killed.

预告中石兰得知父亲被判死刑,大受打击,两人间的关系蒙上阴霾。

In the trailer for episode 34, SR receives shocking news that her father is sentenced to death, putting a dark cloud over their relationship.

播出后观众表示:「两人在历史洪流中的爱好悲伤」「好期待石兰与黄正的婚礼,可惜落空了」。

After the broadcast, netizens views are:" Caught in the chaotic period in history, their love is so tragic." "Was looking forward to SR and HJ's wedding, which may now fall through."

1z6y3jp.jpg

Fr dc

Guest lOveKorea

I think this is an interview with the writer Lee Ki Won. I'd more than grateful if someone roughly translate this for us.

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=jejun...%9B%90&bbs=

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=jejun...-27802&bbs=

From the caps, seemingly..DY has accepted Naoko's heart. Hope Naoko makes DY happy. :D Btw. scientist DY is so cool, thanks denzai! B)

By the way, I heard that Jejungwon was originally planned as 50 episodes. Not really sure why they cut it down to 36..

Guest denzai

hi love korea, thanks for the link sadly no one here can speak korean :(

I hope Naoko can make DY happy, he really deserve it....

i wonder whose gonna married first DY or HJ ?

i bet the director will cut DY-Naoko wed scene & focused to HJ-SR wed :(

Guest lOveKorea

hi denzai, I had no idea why Jejungwon got shortened at first, but it might be because of SBS's following drama Giant. Some dc fans speculate so. Maybe the writer says something about it in the intervew. :unsure:

Guest denzai

hi denzai, I had no idea why Jejungwon got shortened at first, but it might be because of SBS's following drama Giant. Some dc fans speculate so. Maybe the writer says something about it in the intervew. :unsure:

i don't think jjw has shortened, since the first news about jjw out it's already planned for 36 eps..

Archived