[drama 2010] ++ Je Jung Won ++ 제중원 ++

Guest kangki

Guest holic71

Hello!thanks shuky,denzai and lOveKorea for all the goodies. :)

good to know there will be an OST 2 for JJW since it have many eps.

hey denzai,maybe u can try to install the latest viikii plug-in. :)

Hi all,

Unfortunately, they said there is no plan for official release of the second OST at this time. :( Since many instrumental music didn't make it to the first OST, the music director made a CD with those songs at his own expense for the crew and cast as a keepsake. It was also given to the fans who visited the set as a present.

I wish they change their plan and release it for sale.. Those songs are really beautiful...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shuky

23wmczr.jpg

eknat0.jpg

rw0x00.jpg

2w3410h.jpg

14tbqjd.jpg

97kxok.jpg

juekjq.jpg

Source:

http://news.nate.com/view/20100425n00829

http://news.nate.com/view/20100425n00830

(Articles' are auto translated. All mistakes are mine)

*The above interview was conducted recently at the SBS Production Centre. Looks like an exclusive.

39-year-old actor Park Yong Woo made his screen debut fifteen years ago. However, back then, he was given only bit parts. But, those days are behind him now as he hits pay dirt and makes the leap to stardom.

After a five year absence from the small screen, Park Yong Woo returns to the living rooms of viewers in SBS' 36- episode period drama, "Jejoongwon". While the viewership ratings of JJW may not be as high as generally expected, the drama is based on the Korean Empire era and written around a real person (the first butcher turned doctor in Korea). It traces the life and times of the lead character, Hwang-jung, with a destiny weighed down by history, social stratification but suffering through changing times with great fortitude. It is no surprise the drama has attracted a loyal following, among them, acclaimed writer Kim Soo-hyun.

PD for JJW, Hong Chang-uk has nothing but praise for the performance of PYW in the drama. "Given the short notice, what with the scripts coming out so late, PYW's portrayal of HJ is excellent, of which I'm most thankful."

But, it's not so much an excellent performance as it's enjoyable. "I enjoy portraying HJ. As an actor, if you can digest the character and feel for him, it is so much more satisfying." PYW continues,"HJ is not born a hero. Living in a time of upheaval, the complex reality fashions his heroic image."

Perhaps the greatest challenge for PYW is how best to externalise the internal struggles of this multi-layered character. And he wouldn't have done it without the support of a wonderful cast and crew, having been working together since last September.

On a personal note, PYW said he will continue to act for as long as possible as he's not tired of it. Speaking for the first time after news about his break up with 27-year-old actress Jo-an made headlines, ending a very public two year relationship, Park has only good things to say. "I don't regret it as we've loved so much when we were together, even now when we are apart. I don't see the need to announce to everyone our breakup as it is a private matter between two of us. As such, I will not explain why we broke up." While most of his peers are married, PYW is in no rush to get hitched. "I do not want to hurry into it. I want to be happy."

More from dcinside:

24nlc2t.jpg

5bqjpe.jpg

54wsgy.jpg

1jrnmq.jpg

Guest shuky

Korea : 1905-1910

I suspect JJW will end in the year 1910, with four more episodes to go. As such, I thought it may be useful to understand the political climate in Korea from 1905-1910 for reference.

With the conclusion of the Eulsa Treaty or the Japan-Korea Protectorate Treaty in 1905, Korea was officially a protectorate of Japan, stripped of its rights to conduct foreign relations with other countries. Four-time Prime Minister of Japan (also the first), Ito Hirobumi, became the first Resident-General of Korea in December 1905.

ehdwrc.jpg

More on Ito Hirobumi here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%C5%8D_Hirobumi

In 1907, Emperor Gojong sent representatives to the Hague Peace Convention in order to try and re-assert his sovereignty over Korea. In retaliation to Gojong's actions, Ito Hirobumi urged Emperor Gojong to abdicate in favour of his son Sunjong, who would be the last emperor of the Joseon Dynasty and the Korean Empire (1907-1910).

vdjw4o.jpg

More on Emperor Sunjong here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Sunjo...e_Korean_Empire

Ito Hirobumi also pushed through the Japan-Korea Annexation Treaty of 1907, where in addition to control over foreign relations (1905), Japan would also control internal affairs in Korea. Some of the provisions of the treaty were:

a. The Japanese Resident-General had the right to appoint and dismiss high-ranking officials

b. High-ranking officials must be Japanese

Unpublished portions of the treaty also gave the Japanese control over judicial and policing powers, with the Korean army coming under the control of the Japanese.

More on the Japan-Korea Annexation Treaty of 1907 here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan-Korea_A..._Treaty_of_1907

In 1909, Ito Hirobumi was assassinated by Aung Jung Geun, a Korean nationalist and independence fighter, in Harbin.

2uenshz.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Jung-geun

His death accelerated the colonisation of Korea with the Japan-Korea Annexation Treaty of 1910, officially starting 35 years of Japanese rule in Korea.

37jme.jpg

Do read more on the treaty here: (how the Koreans and the rest of the world view the treaty)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan-Korea_Annexation_Treaty

Guest Masaya

shuky, thanks so much for the lovely article on Park Yong Woo. As for his younger pictures, it's too bad I didn't watch that drama. He probably played some little part in it.

Guest shuky

shuky, thanks so much for the lovely article on Park Yong Woo. As for his younger pictures, it's too bad I didn't watch that drama. He probably played some little part in it.

Hahahaha...thought you would like it, now that it's official....PYW's single again :rolleyes:B) The story was picked up by a lot of news outlets, highlighting the news point that PYW has for the first time, confirmed the split. I'm just glad it's not acrimonious and coming out at the tail end of JJW, no one can accuse PYW of using the split to push up ratings. :)

EPISODE 34 PREVIEW: SPOILER AHEAD!!!!

유희서는 을사오적중 하나인 이근택을 암살하려 했다는 혐의를 받고 일본군에 체포된다. 황정은 일본군을 향해 천벌을 받을 각오를 하라고 독설을 퍼붓는다. 황정으로부터 아버지가 연루됐다는 얘기를 들은 석란은 증거가 될 만한 물건을 황급히 태운다. 일본군의 칼날에 위기를 맞은 황정은 정포교가 대신 칼을 맞고 숨을 거두자 안타까워한다. 유희서는 와타나베로부터 전기고문을 당하고 실신한다. 선전관은 황정을 만나 의병조직장인 유희서의 빈 자리를 맡아 달라고 제안한다. 한편 일본공사는 한성병원외과 과장에 도양의 라이벌이었던 사토를 임명하고 사토는 도양을 생체실험대상으로 삼겠다며 이를 간다.

Google's translation:

Protectorate to be playful yigeuntaek five hits, one being accused of plotting to assassinate the Japanese to be arrested. Hwangjeong receive 1000 towards the Japanese abusive to me to be ready to pour. Hwangjeong were told from the father being involved seokran a hurry to get something that will burn the evidence. Hwangjeong right on the blade of the Japanese crisis instead of a sword jeongpogyoga geoduja breath is a shame. Be playful tortured faint electricity from Watanabe. The righteous shall meet seonjeongwan hwangjeong workers hired him to play in an empty seat is proposed. Meanwhile, the HA hospital chief of surgery in 04 Japanese doyang appointed Sato and Sato's rival for the doyang experimented along comes the saying goes it.

**Yikes, this doesn't sound good..... :(:wacko:

Interpreter Yu, in his new found role as an independence fighter, has been accused of plotting to assassinate the Japanese (Resident-General?) and captured by the Japanese. Upon receiving news of Yu's arrest, HJ tells SR to burn all incriminating evidence. HJ too is captured by the Japanese, with Dr Watanabe subjecting him to torture by electricity.

**That's all I can understand am afraid.... :(:unsure:

Guest shuky

Latest BTS shots from cyworld:

295rcpx.jpg

One more from the fan visit. Credit dcinside:

11m73i1.jpg

*Yikes....been shot by a major arrow from denzai! B)

In brief, the fan visit last week has made it to mainstream news with the Newsen article.

On a cloudy day on 22 April, about 20 fans visited the JJW film set in Paju. This is the fourth time the JJW team has hosted fan visits, with fans ranging from students to families, giving their ardent support to this "charming" drama ending its run next week.

*Have skipped the rest as they are padding.

Guest shuky

they steated 20 ? from the pics we've seen

i thougt there's only 7 people who visited JJW team :rolleyes:

Here's the chinese translation by me2snoopy from HHJ's bar @tieba baidu:

All translation mistakes are mine.

Source:

http://news.nate.com/view/20100426n10036

《济众院》还有一周即将终映。

JJW will be ending next week.

SBS《济众院》总共有36集,还有4集就要结束了,影迷们不舍,前往现场访问。

The 36-episode SBS' drama, "Jejoongwon", has four more episodes before it wraps. It's with some regret that fans visited the film set.

《济众院》开播以来,一直受到观众的关心和回响,到现场访问的粉丝,从学生到家族都有,观众造访现场已有四次。

JJW has enjoyed support from fans since its premiere, with fans from all walks of life like families and students visiting the set four times.

4月22日,即使天气阴沈,20多名影迷仍前往位於坡州的片场,对於《济众院》的魅力,他们表示:「是最近一片疯狂电视剧中,可以合家观赏的」「主人公的成长感觉很真实」。

On a cloudy day on 22 April, about 20 fans visited the Paju studio. On what is the appeal of JJW, fans have this to say:"Lately we have seen some crazy drama series. (JJW) is family-friendly." "The growth of HJ is realistic."

《济众院》三位主角,朴勇宇、韩惠珍、连政勋,目前正热烈投入结局拍摄,和粉丝的合照中,他们表情非常愉快。

The three leads of JJW, PYW, HHJ and YJH, were more than happy to take photos with fans event though they were busy filming the concluding episode of the series.

《济众院》,黄正和白道阳之间不再有瑜亮情结,成为真正的朋友,让观众很感动,其中日本侵略朝鲜的乱世背景,济众院和汉城医院的对立与纠葛不断上升,《济众院》的结局如何令人瞩目。

Viewers were moved by how DY and HJ could overcome their rivalry and become true friends. Against the backdrop of Japanese imperialism in Korea and the intensifying competition between Hanseong hospital and JJW, viewers will be curious to know the drama's ending.

Guest holic71

Now who likes a much younger PYW? B)

Hey holic71 or lovekorea, do you know how old was PYW in these caps and in which series was he starring in?

sdimv5.jpg

Hi shuky,

It's a 60 min. short drama aired in 1999, so I think PYW was 28 then. ;) The title is "Goodbye Audrey Hepburn" and Lee Na-young played the main character.

Guest lOveKorea

OMG loved loved this MV!! Thanks so much shuky dear ^_^ Talented dc fans used New Heart ost this time..One of my fave medical dramas.

Also thanks for the PYW interview. I hope SBS don't stop with just an interview and reward his great performance at the end of the year.

I thought those were rumors, so he had really broken up with her. He must have been really depressed then. Still enjoying during filming shows how much he loves acting. We didn't sense anything. Gotta love/respect his professionalism.

Archived