Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

*** I'm happy that Song Joong Ki visited the small screen as the character of "Vincenzo" for the first time in three years. In

EP8 of  "Queen of Tears", which aired on March 31st, he made a special appearance as Hong Hae-in's lawyer Vincenzo. With his perfect suit fit he showed off his appearance in the drama "Vincenzo" that aired in 2021. The scene where he talks about the reason for the divorce while firmly guarding Hong Hae-in gives a pleasant sense of tension.   :heart3:

[Music in drama] Love blooms against all odds

Songs infuse life into dramatic story, from near-death experiences to sweet love

20240403050596_0.jpg

Behind the phenomenal success of the TV drama series “Descendants of the Sun,” which recorded nearly 40 percent viewership ratings, was the soundtrack that enhanced the completeness of the drama.

Aired in 2016 on KBS, "Descendants of the Sun" depicts the love story between Army Captin Yoo Si-jin (Song Joong-ki) and Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo), a medical doctor, in the fictional land of Uruk. The second lead pair, First Lieutenant and Army Doctor Yoon Myung-joo (Kim Ji-won) and Master Sergeant Seo Dae-young (Jin Goo), also garnered a significant fan following. Skillfully weaving romance with the heroism of soldiers and doctors, the series deeply resonated with K-drama fans around the world.

Each character is given a theme song that deepens the emotional depth of the scenes.

Yoon Mi-rae, the popular female rapper and singer, crooned, "Even if everything changes, I won't change. You're my love, and I'm yours. Even if you pass by again, I'll be here for you."

The track "Always" was first used in the latter part of Episode 1. Yoo develops feelings for Kang, but abruptly leaves on a secret mission before he can ask her out. Just before departing on a helicopter, the scene where they promise to go on a date upon his return is accompanied by "Always," adding poignancy to the story of a man who has to prioritize duty over love and a woman who falls in love with him.

Gummy's "You Are My Everything" was used in the final scene of Episode 4, as the two kiss. Kang discovers that Yoo had received disciplinary action for disobeying orders while helping her perform surgery on a VIP patient. She begins to understand Yoo's position as a soldier and her feelings become complicated.

20240403050597_0.jpg

A scene from the TV series "Descendants of the Sun," starring Jin Goo (left) and Kim Ji-won (KBS)

The second lead couple, Yoon and Seo, break up in the face of strong disapproval by Yoon's father. Yoon pushes away Seo, who is about to quit his military career to gain his father's approval, knowing how much he cherishes his honor as a soldier.

Duo Davichi's "This Love" conveys the story of lovers who long for each other despite breaking up for each other's sake:

"If I could turn back time, would memories also be erased? I’ve said things that can't be done, because I regretted making you suffer and live with tears."

Repeating the lines, “But you see, I cannot live without you. Only the time full of you passes by," the song signifies that the two will eventually seek each other again.

"Once Again," sung by Korean American rapper Mad Clown and ballad singer Kim Na-young, was also much loved. A blend of hip-hop beats and piano melodies, the song features lyrics by Mad Clown that portray Seo's feelings as he pushes away Yoon. "No matter how much I think, the answer is you, but I'm writing the wrong answer in my heart. Even if I push you away, you remain."

In the latter part of the drama, Yoo and Seo go missing while carrying out a dangerous mission, but miraculously return to their lovers.

When Yoo appears over the sand dunes and hugs Kang, "With You" played in the background, ballad singer Lyn's tearful voice adding to the dramatic moment of their reunion.

In the scene where Seo returns to Yoon, "By My Side" by SG Wannabe is played. The lyrics convey Seo's sentiment:

“Not being able to see you is the scariest thing in the world to me, even more than death itself.”

The lyrics echo Yoon's line from the previous episode: "The scariest thing in the world is not being able to see the one I love.”

Sweet dating scenes also contributed to the drama's popularity.

K.will's "Talk Love," a bright song featuring whistling, rhythmic guitar and lively piano melodies, was used in scenes where the two couples enjoy brief moments of peace. The lyrics express the hesitation of a man who wants to confess his love: "Tell her, what are you doing? All the love that comes to me is in the name of you."

Accompanying several scenes where Yoo and Kang develop feelings for each other was "Everytime," sung by Exo's Chen and singer-songwriter Punch. The song features a refreshing melody and orchestral sounds.

20240403050598_0.jpg

A scene from the TV series "Descendants of the Sun," starring Song Hye-kyo (KBS)

credit : Korea Herald

*** This is their third time working together with Kim Ji Won. They previously worked together on tescendants of the Sun and Arthdal Chronicles S1. So, in a recent behind-the-scenes clip from filming Queen of Tears, Song Joong Ki talks about her & Kim Soo Hyun.  :Ohboy3:

He says,

Although I’ve worked on many projects with Ji Won, it feels like it’s been a while since I’ve felt such a tremendous energy from her on set. As one of the viewers, I’ll make sure to watch and support Queen of Tears with enthusiasm!

— Song Joong Ki

He talks about working with Kim Soo Hyun and the directors. -

Top 10 Hottest Korean Actors Dominating Discussions In The 4th Week Of March 2024 (Good Data Corporation)

1. Kim SooHyun - "Queen of Tears"

2. Kim JiWon - "Queen of Tears" 

3. ASTRO's Cha EunWoo - "Wonderful World"

4. Park SungHoon - "Queen of Tears"

5. Kim NamJoo - "Wonderful World"

6. Jun JongSeo - "Wedding Impossible"

7. Moon SangMin - "Wedding Impossible"

8. Lee MiSook - "Queen of Tears"

9. Song JoongKi - "Queen of Tears"

10. Oh SeungAh - "The Third Marriage" 

good-data-top-10-dramas-mar-week-4-2024_

*** Special appearances/cameo in dramas are often facilitated through personal connections, be it with the writers, directors, or lead actors. For Song Joong Ki, his cameo in Queen of Tears was made possible through his existing relationship with the co-director of the drama and his director in the previous work Vincenzo, as well as his connection with Kim Ji Won, his co-star in Descendants of the Sun. Traditionally, compensation for such cameo roles is nominal, largely covering what is technically referred to as “carriage fees”—essentially, expenses related to transportation for the actor and their entourage, including stylists accompanying them to the shooting location. In the past, these special appearances might have been settled over a drink, but nowadays, agencies actively negotiate with production houses. As a result, a certain fee is agreed upon. Supporting actors typically receive about half their standard fee for their cameo roles. There are actors that might opt for a lower fee or even give up payment altogether, depending on the appeal of the role or the project, and even out of loyalty. There are instances where actors participate without any compensation. Like the case of Jo Bo Ah who made a no-fee appearance in the final episode of Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938, (S2) where she was part of the first season. Additionally, small-sized projects sometimes see actors participating without a paycheck. Song Joong Ki himself was part of a leading role in Hopeless, without receiving any payment. The compensation for special appearances can vary widely, depending on the actor’s disposition. Given Song Joong Ki’s reputation, it’s conceivable he might have contributed purely out of loyalty.   :kaching3:

*** Information about Song Joong Ki’s family trip to Japan has garnered public attention. On April 5, China Press reported that Song Joong Ki was revealed to be on a trip with his wife Katy Louise Saunders and son in Japan. This information was shared by writer Betty Wu on social media. She mentioned accidentally becoming neighbors with Song Joong Ki’s family when renting a room next to his villa at the Karuizawa resort. On her personal page, she mentioned that Song Joong Ki’s family goes for walks together every morning. Betty Wu initially didn’t want to disturb Song Joong Ki, but later decided to ask him for a photo. According to Betty Wu, Song Joong Ki has a youthful and handsome appearance in real life. He is also very polite and considerate towards others. Even when he found out that the writer was from Taiwan, he inquired about the earthquake situation and sent his best wishes to everyone, which deeply moved her.   :kaching1:

song-joong-ki-wife.jpg

Source: China Press

Song Joong Ki Spotted Enjoying Japan Trip With Wife and Son, Heartwarming Stories Surface

20240406113402939zzuz.jpg

Song Joong Ki and his wife Katy Louise Saunders were spotted enjoying a family trip to Japan with their son.

On April 4th, Taiwanese TV host-turned-writer Betty Wu shared a photo on social media featuring Song Joong Ki with her friend.

Wu explained that her friend unexpectedly met Song Joong Ki, his wife Katy and their child while traveling in Japan. “My friend bumped into Song Joong Ki during a morning walk,” she said. “My friend asked for a picture, and Song Joong Ki kindly agreed.”

In particular, Betty Wu revealed, “Song Joong Ki even asked about the recent earthquake in Taiwan and wished for safety. It was really touching.”

Wu also shared her impression of Song Joong Ki, describing him as “looking youthful and very fit.”

For context, Song Joong Ki announced his marriage to Katy and the news of her pregnancy in January 2023. They welcomed their son, a healthy baby boy, in June of the same year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5VZAAdP6Yl/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=4704539e-f044-40b4-ba5b-da9b59910420

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240406113401412

*** tvN  dramas are popular in and out of Korea. The channel has quite a lot of hit dramas on its record. The channel keeps on having high ratings with interesting plots and Hallyu actors in its cast. Here is a list of the tvN dramas with the highest ratings up until now (all years).       :heart3:

(Updated

9. "Vincenzo" - 14.6%

The black comedy drama "Vincenzo" (2021) starring Song JoongKiJeon YeoBeen, 2PM's Ok TaecYeon, Kim YeoJin, and Kwak DongYeon was popular. The drama was also available on Netflix at the same time. The drama started at 7.7% and ended at 14.6%. Viewers have been stunned by the amazing acting and the catchy storyline of a mafia consigliere getting rid of the bad guys.

** Nominees have been announced for the 60th Baeksang Arts Awards! The candidates were chosen among television shows, OTT programs, and films that aired or were released between April 1, 2023 and March 31, 2024. For series, candidates were chosen among programs that have aired at least one third of the series as of March 31. Productions that were excluded last year because they were released during the screening period were also included in this year’s

pool. The ceremony is scheduled to take place at COEX and will be broadcast live via JTBC.      :happydance:

Best Supporting Actor

source/s : https://www.baeksangawards.co.kr/nominees

https://v.daum.net/v/20240408112850256

*** "Descendant's of the Sun" is a worthy show.   :Ohboy3:

In the Line of Duty: Five Riveting K-dramas related to the military

1712594284-20240408-220505.jpg

Military K-dramas stand out for their intense portrayal of duty, sacrifice, camaraderie, and patriotism. These dramas offer a fascinating glimpse into the lives of soldiers, spies, and ordinary individuals caught up in the chaos of war and conflict. Through their compelling storytelling, realistic portrayals, and memorable characters, military K-dramas not only entertain but also educate and inspire audiences around the world.

Here, we present five riveting military K-dramas that have left audiences on the edge of their seats.

Descendants of the Sun

The iconic military K-drama "Descendants of the Sun" follows the romance between a Special Forces captain, Yoo Shi-jin, and a doctor, Kang Mo-yeon. Filled with action-packed scenes and heart-wrenching moments, this drama captivated audiences worldwide and became a cultural phenomenon.

source : allkpop

*** "Running Man", which celebrated its 700th episode, sent out a love call to original member Song Joong-ki. The members communicated with viewers through Q&A. The members exclaimed, “(Song) Joong-ki really has to come once.” While Yoo Jae-suk expressed regret “Song Joong-ki has become such a big star“, Kim Jong-kook remained hopeful, “Still, Song Joong-ki has loyalty.” Yoo Jae-suk emphasized that the member position for Song Joong-ki is always open, saying, “Come out once, Song Joong-ki.”   :smooches3:

20240415071506254zqhn.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240415071503112

tvN has a history of wonderful K-Dramas: Here are 8 of the Top-Rated tvN Dramas of All-Time

tvN is topping the charts lately with their recent drama releases, particularly with “Queen of Tears” leading the viewership charts. Here are eight of the top-rated tvN dramas of all time that have left a significant mark in the K-drama scene.

7. “Vincenzo”

“Vincenzo” offered an unexpected crossover with “Queen of Tears”, boosting its popularity and leaving fans clamoring for a second season.

source : allkpop

*** On April 15, a fashion magazine Arena unveiled their captivating May issue cover, showcasing the charismatic presence of Song Joong Ki. During his recent interview here that accompanied the photoshoot, he mentioned 'Descendants of the Sun'. Song Joong Ki also discussed his recent project, 'My Name is Loh Kiwan'.  He mentioned that many started asking if he had switched his career path after this movie, which he clarified that it is not the case. "Besides KBS' drama 'Descendants of the Sun', none of the projects I worked on had a mainstream feel; most of them were rather niche movies.", he remarked, adding, "I have my own personal standards, and I've constantly chose the projects that meet them." When asked what was the biggest thing he had ever challenged himself to do, he replied, "I once made a decision that felt even more significant than the decision to pursue acting. I used to be a short-track speed skater for a long time. When I was younger, joining the national team was my dream. Giving up the sports I love was the biggest thing I challenged myself to do." During the interview, Song Joong Ki said he believes the teamwork between colleagues impacts the overall quality of the project, adding that one thing he never skips while involved in a project is having a get-together with everyone in it. "I never let people order the same menus. Why not try different delicious dishes when you have a big gathering? I like arranging gatherings that go beyond the initial round and go on to the second and the third. That's why I always count the number of tables when I visit a new restaurant, to see how many people the place can hold." At the end of the interview, Song Joong Ki said he would like to be remembered as "an actor who is a great fuel." "When people watch movies, they anticipate spending two hours meaningfully, whether in a theater or while on an airplane. Regardless, an actor's job is to bring joy to the audience during their movie-watching experience. In that sense, I hope the audience will remember me as a 'highly effective actor' who they can spend two hours with nicely."   :heart3:

201920365_700.webp

201920366_700.webp

201920364_700.webp

source : (SBS Star)

9 shows like Vagabond: Mad Dog, The K2 and more

The Korean entertainment industry is filled with thriller shows like Vagabond, which provide an adrenaline-rush plot along with exciting twists and turns. However, we are here to curate a list of some of the best K-dramas that are worthy of a watch. Without further ado, let’s check out some of the shows similar to the Lee Seung Gi and Bae Suzy starrer.

3. Vincenzo

•    Cast: Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Been, Ok Taec Yeon, Kim Yeo Jin
  •    Director: Kim Hee Won
  •    IMDB Rating: 8.4
  •    Genre: Drama, Comedy, Suspense
  •    Release Year: 2021
  •    Where to Watch: Netflix

Revenge takes on a whole new meaning in Vincenzo, where a Korean-Italian mafia lawyer seeks justice against a powerful conglomerate. Mixing dark humor with intense action, this series offers a fresh, exhilarating take on the crime genre.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/9-shows-like-vagabond-mad-dog-the-k2-and-more-1295798

Movie actor brand reputation rankings for April 2024: SEE full list (Korean Business Research Institute)

1. Son Suk Ku

2. Ma Dong Seok 

3. Choi Min Shik 

4. Park Ji Hwan 

5. Lee Byung Hun 

6. Im Si Wan 

7. Kim Hye Soo 

8. Song Joong Ki 

9. Lee Jung Jae 

10. Hyun Bin 

Top 15 tvN Dramas With The Highest Ratings Ever (2024 Update)

9. "Vincenzo" - 14.6%

The black comedy drama "Vincenzo" (2021) starring Song JoongKiJeon YeoBeen, 2PM's Ok TaecYeon, Kim YeoJin, and Kwak DongYeon was popular. The drama was also available on Netflix at the same time. The drama started at 7.7% and ended at 14.6%. Viewers have been stunned by the amazing acting and the catchy storyline of a mafia consigliere getting rid of the bad guys.

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from March 16 to April 16.    :Ohboy3:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Son Suk Ku
  2. Ma Dong Seok
  3. Choi Min Sik
  4. Park Ji Hwan
  5. Lee Byung Hun
  6. Im Siwan
  7. Kim Hye Soo
  8. Song Joong Ki
  9. Lee Jung Jae
  10. Hyun Bin
  11. Jo Jung Suk
  12. Gong Hyo Jin
  13. Honey Lee
  14. Hwang Jung Min
  15. Han Hyo Joo
  16. Jung Ho Yeon
  17. Lee Dong Hwi
  18. Gong Yoo
  19. Kim Tae Ri
  20. Choi Sung Eun
  21. Kang Dong Won
  22. Go Yoon Jung
  23. Go Min Si
  24. Yoo Hae Jin
  25. Lee Yi Kyung
  26. Jo In Sung
  27. Jung Woo Sung
  28. Ra Mi Ran
  29. Park Bo Young
  30. Kim Da Mi

112717_240614_5021.jpg

112717_240615_5035.jpg

source : https://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=112717

*** The disturbing trend of celebrity impersonation scams continues to persist online, as fake news articles manipulating the likeness of Song Joong Ki to promote a cryptocurrency scam have resurfaced. Despite requests to block these ads, they remain rampant, which mislead internet users. According to a source, one article that gained support through Google AdSense, claimed that Song Joong Ki made lucrative earnings from a cryptocurrency website boasting guaranteed returns of over 80% for a small deposit of $29. In addition, the published article also includes a clickable link, which is said to be endorsed by him. What is more troubling is that Song Joong Ki's name is not the only celebrity being used by the scammers. They also use names of Park Shin Hye and Chairman of LG. Furthermore, Song Joong Ki's side has not yet responded to the issue involving their artist. After Netflix's original film "My Name is Loh Kiwan," Song Joong Ki has no confirmed project yet. I hope his next one will be a drama. It's been quite a while since "Reborn Rich."   :coolshades:

song-joong-ki.jpg?w=820

90623_83322_714.jpg

source : https://www.mstoday.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=90623