Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

*** According to an exclusive report cited by Newsen, SJK is set to return to the small screen with a revenge series under JTBC. "The Youngest Son of a Conglomerate", his new drama premieres in June 22 with a total of 16 episodes.   Finally, the long wait is over. The news comes after he has returned to South Korea after the production of the series. He is working alongside Shin Hyun Bin, who was part of the medical series "Hospital Playlist." According to the same

media outlet, SJK arrived at Incheon International Airport Terminal 1 yesterday afternoon of April 15.   :wut:

shin-hyun-bin-and-song-joong-ki.jpg?w=60

source : https://m.newsen.com/

• Like 1

*** Song Joong Ki safely arrives at Incheon Airport from Turkey after completing filming schedule for “The Youngest Son Of A Chaebol”.   :kisslevel:

Song-Joong-Ki-1.jpg

Song-Joong-Ki-2.jpg

Song-Joong-Ki-3.jpg

photos source : https://lovekpop95.com/2022/04/15/song-joong-ki-safely-arrives-at-incheon-airport-from-turkey-after-completing-filming-schedule-for-the-youngest-son-of-a-chaebol/

• Like 2

*** KBS’s Entertainment Weekly introduced unexpected celebrity friendships.   :yay:

Fifth place went to Junho and Song Joong Ki. The two have been friends for 13 years after first meeting in Let’s Go! Dream Team soon after their debut. Junho asked Song Joong Ki for advice on acting and became a hot topic when he ordered his first car exactly the same- the same model and same options – as Song Joong Ki’s. The two, who have shown off their friendship by sending each other snack trucks, chose their similar personalities as a reason for their long-lasting friendship. Song Joong Ki once said, “I want to work with him on the same project. How about troublemaking brothers on a weekend drama?” 

202204220036777353_62617d71774f1.png

source : http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111821998

• Like 2

*** Yesterday April 22, entertainment agency History D&C released a video about some of their actors discussing their acting experiences & one of them is SJK. He shared some memories during his acting career! They were asked about the first time they stood on camera and Song Joong Ki said that his 1st acting was in ‘Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung.’  He was just an extra & not a big role and he didn’t have an agency back then, and he was just playing them for experience. He was given a role with one complete line & that’s a really big deal for him. Sung Dong Il was a part of that drama. He wasn’t nervous but, instead so excited. SJK said that he got cast for the role of Reporter 3. That his role in the drama takes a huge part of his memory. Then when they asked about the moments when the actors felt the charms of acting,

Song Joong Ki mentioned “Vincenzo.”   :shaq:

Song-Joong-Ki.jpeg

source : http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=14686886

• Like 2

*** I didn't know at all that JUNHO and Song Joong Ki are so close that they even bought the same car. So NICE that for the past 13 years since, they have been maintaining their close friendship. No wonder that whenever they have ongoing projects, they would send a snack truck and attend the premiere in support for one another as well. Previously when Song Joong Ki held his fan meetings, JUNHO often made a guest appearance and vice-versa.
'Entertainment Weekly Live' explained that JUNHO often asks Song Joong Ki for advice on acting, as the latter is much more experienced in the field than himself. The surprising fact was that they bought the same car with the exact same options when they purchased their first-ever car. I hope they can work in a project together. SJK would love to act as JUNHO's brother if that happens.   :7555_attack:

201658092_1280.jpg

201658091_1280.jpg

photos source : SBS Star

• Like 2

*** Song Joong Ki’s debut in acting was even more memorable, but not always for the right reasons. He made his acting debut in 2007, while he was still at college, in the SBS "Get Karl! Oh Soo-jung," where he played “Reporter 3.”  He explained that he was picking up small roles as extras himself because he didn’t even have an agency at the time to help. In the drama although it was small he was given a role with one complete line. This is a huge thing, especially when actors are starting out in the industry. It was the moment Song Joong Ki learned about the “reality of drama shooting.”

The cast for Reporter One and Two dragged me to the corner while they were setting up for shooting.

— Song Joong Ki

I realized later on that competition is fierce in that world. I got lucky, and I got the ‘Okay’ sign. It felt cathartic when I first said a line.

— Song Joong Ki

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/song-joong-ki-acting-experience-harsh-reality-industry/

4 Korean actors with jaw-dropping visuals in military uniforms

Among these actors, who has stolen the most hearts while wearing military uniforms in K-Dramas?

2. Song Joong Ki (Descendants of The Sun)

Similar to Crash Landing On You, Descendants of The Sun also match-made its leading actors Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo. Unfortunately, they didn’t have a happy ending in real life, as they eventually parted ways.

4 Korean actors with jaw-dropping visuals in military uniforms 2

Love life aside, Song Joong Ki left a deep impression on the public through his portrayal of captain Yoo Shi Jin in Descendants of The Sun. He completely enthralled the audience as he successfully transformed into a witty yet serious and courageous soldier, while at the same time super sincere and passionate in love.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2022/04/29/4-korean-actors-with-jaw-dropping-visuals-in-military-uniforms/

• Like 1

Melting Hearts While Making It Rain, The Wealthiest Korean Actors Of 2022

The Korean film and drama industry is a gold mine. Both in quality media and talented actors and actresses. Due to this, fans of the genre number in the millions. Thus, it surprises no one that the K-Drama and K-Movie industry is raking in millions of US dollars and Korean won. 

Notably, among the people who benefit the most from the heavy flow of cash are the actors and actresses. The performers pour their hearts and souls into a role and in turn are rewarded with love, support, and of course a large paycheck.

Previously, we discussed which Korean actresses were the highest-paid this year. In this article, we ranked the Korean actors who have the largest net worths in 2022

#5 Song Joong Ki - with a net worth of $24M (30,209,400,000 KRW)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcubwPyLp-K/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=9f37129e-08d0-4ae4-918f-6f42b0e15989

Song Joong Ki debuted in the entertainment with the film "A Frozen Flower" in 2008. But it was in the 2010 K-Drama "Sungkyunkwan Scandal" that he rose to prominence. Since then, SJK has had box office hit after box office hit.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source : koreaportal.com

*** Lee Jong Seok's agency A Man Project  has been merged into SJK's own established agency  History D&C. Him & staff will move over to History D&C. I wonder if they will be managed by the new agency or be dissolved. Now, can we see them in a drama together?   :heart:

Here Are The *Best* Netflix Korean Original Movies That You Should Watch Right Now

Starring your fave Korean celebs!

Is it just me or do you also look for a good show that doesn't take a lot of your time? K-dramas are undoubtedly our faves but when we want to watch something that ends in less than two hours, we turn to Korean movies—Netflix Original Korean movies to be exact.

These films are exclusively distributed by the streaming service and just like Netflix Original Korean dramas, the budget is also huge and writers and directors have the creative freedom to execute their ideas. Some of them also took years before it was released on the big screen: Did you know that the story for Space Sweeperswhich has a production budget of 54 billion won or around P2.2 billionwas conceptualized more than a decade ago?

space-sweepers-1651762633.jpeg

1. Space Sweepers (2021)

The cast: Song Joong Ki, Kim Tae Ri, Jin Suk Kyu

It's 2092 and the space is filled with abandoned satellites and ships. A crew of space junk collectors from a ship named Victory is out to do some *serious* space scavenging until they discover Dorothy, a humanoid robot that changed their plans. Space Sweepers takes us into an out-of-this-world adventure set in the dystopian future where people are planning to migrate to space due to the effects of climate change.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/netflix-original-korean-movies-a4575-20220505?ref=home_feed_1

*** I considered Song Joong Ki having the “golden hand” in terms of choosing the scripts  of all his projects he accepted. The works in which he participates on are all very successful and received much love. I hope his upcoming drama will also do well.   :twerk2:

______________________________________________________________________________________________

6 Korean Actors Who Turned Down Roles in Popular K-Dramas

Many of our favorite K-actors right now all had their breakout roles, but for some of them, it could have been a totally different story because the roles they end up slaying were actually originally offered to someone else. Could you imagine these popular K-dramas with a different set of cast members? It’s hard to do so, but in an alternate universe, these are the actors that would have played many beloved K-drama roles if they didn’t turn the offer down.

Song Joong Ki

song-joong-ki.jpg

It seems that there was the possibility of seeing Song Joong Ki star in the first ever Korean Netflix Original, Kingdom. Apparently, Son Joong Ki was offered the lead role of Lee Chang, the Crown Prince of Joseon, but he declined the offer to focus on his wedding prep with Song Hye Kyo.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2022/05/07/6-korean-actors-who-turned-down-roles-in-popular-k-dramas/

Dear Song Joong Ki: A fan from Malaysia has enjoyed the ‘Vincenzo’ star’s projects throughout the years

A fan from Malaysia pens a letter to actor Song Joong Ki.

2_205.png?width=752&format=webp&t=pvorg

South Korean actor Song Joong Ki debuted as an actor through the 2008 movie ‘A Frozen Flower’. His breakthrough came in the form of a role in the fusion historical drama ‘Sungkyunkwang Scandal’ in 2010. The actor’s most recent role was in the series ‘Vincenzo’, which premiered on Netflix and tvN in February 2021. Song Joong Ki will be seen next in the crime thriller film ‘Bogota’, as well as a series adaption of the popular web novel ‘The Youngest Son of a Conglomerate’. 

Today’s lovely letter has been penned by Pooja from Malaysia to actor Song Joong Ki. Read her letter, below.

Our Corn Salad, SJK 

I've enjoyed all of your projects throughout the years. Such as Sungkyungkwan Scandal, Nice Guy, A Werewolf boy, Space Sweepers, Vincenzo and more. Let me tell you my likeness on [what I like about] all your shows. I like your gestures as Gu Yong Ha. I like your innocence as Chul Soo in A Werewolf Boy, I like your smart work as Tae Ho in Space Sweepers. I like your swag in Vincenzo. I like your hard work as Yoo Shi Jin in Dots. I like your talent as Eunseom in Arthdal Chronicles. I like your enthusiasm in Running Man. I like you being "a manly man without any pretence."

What I like more is your words: 

"I could have never made it to such a position without the help of many others. I think the effort and hard work of my predecessors, staff members, and fans have contributed to such a result. Thus, I do have a sense of responsibility. I want to live up to my reputation as a Korean citizen, actor, and person. I will try my best to be modest but confident at all times." - Thank you for the kind words SJK. Your Ki Aile are here to support you for a very long time!!

Keep on doing what you are doing our "flower boy" Vincenzo

Pooja, 

Malaysia 

source : PinkVilla

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-song-joong-ki-fan-malaysia-has-enjoyed-vincenzo-star-s-projects-throughout-years-1086894

*** Song Joong-ki seems to like watching Kim Tae-ri’s charm while smiling wide watching her Vlog video at his phone. He uploaded a photo with a caption on his Instagram, “Please show a lot of love for ‘This or That’  #AllHailSpaceSweepers.” - He promoted her YouTube channel. They worked together in the movie “Space Sweepers,” which was released last year.  :kaching1:

Song-Joong-ki-also-falls-in-love-with-Ki

Song Joong Ki Can’t Help But Falling For “Twenty Five Twenty One” Actress Kim Tae Ri’s Charms

Their friendship is undeniable!

J2j2CckS_C3KmBXZxDUhZaF_uQ02m-snQ5tVxWIC

When it comes to K-Drama actors and actresses, there’s nothing netizens love more than seeing them showcase their support for each other. Even though the industry seems huge with so many talented people, it is a small world, and friendships are too pure.

Recently, one actor gained attention for showcasing his support to a past co-star, and it’s Song Joong Ki.

nieZ5q4ECOtvjnVbP-3yIPv8qHG0EjSezMCj23NU

Since debuting as an actor, Song Joong Ki has always gained attention for his pure personality alongside his amazing acting.

And, of course, netizens might be surprised to realize that the two were actually co-stars after they both starred in the 2021 film Space Sweepers.

In the movie, Song Joong Ki and Kim Tae Ri’s characters are a crew on a ship in 2092, where a new orbiting home is made for humanity, and those on Earth breathe polluted air, and there was plenty of cute interactions behind the scenes.

UA8OdcAe82Yl4W8-7G3a7jj4_aLtSzaYdaDcvbaZ

Spoiler

V8r5NzgujIInHLtwaep2FDqVHF9Qvc69PboNYTh3

Even a year after the film was released, it seems like their friendship is as close as ever.

After the success of Twenty Five Twenty One, Kim Tae Ri has been treating fans to even more content. The actress has been releasing vlogs of her daily life, where she even made netizens nostalgic AF about the show ending.

Well, it seems like netizens aren’t the only ones who are enjoying the content. On May 16 (KST), Song Joong Ki posted two images on his Instagram where he was watching something on his phone with a huge smile on his face.

The caption read, “Please give lots of love to ‘Is There Here.’ #CheersSpaceSweepers,” and netizens immediately noticed that he was watching Kim Tae Ri’s vlog.

y5bGPGdvUcf804e3wMj71UFZTtwEyyEbjVMY2t_V

When the image was posted, it amassed over 2.5 million likes in less than 24 hours and netizens couldn’t get over how supportive Song Joong Ki was being.

odbm51vf8qTrOWL9c4_jhsFeCzirJuFoMez5ia9C

1PyH6uDvms_eoJRzGkJPBxQk_W1Zk0BSEmDKziW9

Yet, it shouldn’t be surprising that Song Joong Ki was watching. During one of her vlogs, Kim Tae Ri even gave a shout-out to Song Joong Ki after taking a picture with fellow Space Sweepers star Jin Seonk Kyu and sent it to him.

It isn’t surprising that both Song Joong Ki and Kim Tae Ri are loved by both the Korean entertainment industry and netizens. They always showcase their love and support for everyone they work with and their true personalities seem as genuine in real life as on the screen.

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/song-joong-ki-kim-tae-ri-instagram-vlog/

Fans Voted For The Top 20 Most Handsome Korean Actors Of All Time

Chiseled jawlines and cheekbones galore

Popular Korean entertainment voting website KingChoice asked fans to vote for who they think the most handsome Korean actors of all time are. After several weeks of voting, the results are in! Here are who fans voted as the top 20 most handsome Korean actors in the industry.

3. Song Joong Ki

gUEKseH-azkw0zI0GZfNWKeAGQHzwNLi6ncEwhEmR7yWTYstQVbJP_8R_jsCPmfnLXc5y1ZnjGD_j744YKPnCmWqIWKm7OEcfsY=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/top-20-handsome-korean-actors-time-voted/

9 Korean Actors And Actresses Who Declined Roles In Popular K-Dramas, And Probably Regret It

“Boys Over Flowers” without Lee Min Ho?

Some Korean dramas are iconic because of the actors and actresses that are cast in them, where it can be hard to imagine what popular K-Dramas would have looked like if the cast were different. Here are 10+ Korean actors and actresses that declined roles in popular Korean dramas.

9. Descendants of the Sun

The male lead of Descendants of the Sun was initially offered to many actors. The role was offered to Gong Yoo, Won Bin, Jo In Sung, and Kim Woo Bin. They all declined due to various reasons, such as scheduling conflicts.

The role was eventually taken by Song Joong Ki.

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/9-korean-actors-actresses-declined-roles-in-popular-k-dramas-regret/