Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

On 10/23/2021 at 11:17 AM, EInfinity said:

Joong Ki sent a foodtruck and a coffee truck to support his long time friend Junho 2PM

*** thanks for sharing this. I didn't know that they're close with Junho. I know they met some years ago on the variety show “Let’s Go Dream Team.” :sweet:

22 hours ago, willenette said:

9 Best romantic-action K-dramas to have in your watchlist!

Making a fantastic watchlist for new K-drama fans is frequently difficult. We hope this list will assist you in locating the dramas you want!

If you’re a K-drama fan, you’ve undoubtedly seen all of the dramas mentioned below; if not, it’s time to add them to your watchlist!

Descendants of the Sun (2016)

When Yoo Shijin, the captain of a Korean special forces unit, and his buddy and fellow soldier Seo Daeyoung arrest a thief on their day off, they have a fortuitous meeting with Kang Moyeon, a hospital trauma surgeon.

But it doesn’t take long for the pair to learn they have opposing viewpoints on human life, with Shijin killing to save lives and Moyeon doing everything she can to rescue them.

Image Source: KBS2

It depicts the experiences of young soldiers and physicians who yearn for love and achievement in a strange nation while living in a harsh environment. You’ll fawn over the lead couple’s chemistry and exquisite love tale. It’s a simple drama that will have you glued to your screen until the very end.

Vincenzo (2021)

Vincenzo Cassano, is a lawyer who works as a consigliere for the Mafia. He escapes to South Korea as a result of a mafia conflict. He becomes connected with Lawyer Hong Chayoung in South Korea.

Lawyer Hong Chayoung is the kind of lawyer who will go to any length to win a case. Vincenzo Cassano is smitten by her. In his unique manner, he accomplishes social justice.

Image Source: tvN

This dark-comedy drama has captivated audiences. With the assistance of funny characters and cunning methods, the characters struggle against the corrupted and powerful BABEL group to get retribution. If you enjoy offbeat humor and wicked villains being punished, this is a must-see.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2021/10/25/9-best-romantic-action-k-dramas-to-have-in-your-watchlist/

I loved City Hunter. The K-2. Vagabond. The problem with trying to list good K-drama and romance is that there are so many. We list what we have have enjoyed and someone else will list some and we go, "Oh, yeah! How did I forget THAT ONE! I have enjoyed King: Eternal Monarch very much and watched several times. And my all time favorite romance remains Playful Kiss, a romance that still for me also has the best theme song. Asia has, to my mind, some super fantastic writers of romance, drama and fantasy, and the way they can intermingle all three at times is a testimony to the culture and imagination and talent of the writers and of the people who accept without question the possibilities of the universe.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!

On 10/26/2021 at 3:36 PM, EInfinity said:

Oppa won yet another award :)

*** thanks for sharing this. I'm proud of him that he was awarded a presidential citation by the Financial Services Commission.  He has been recognized for his contributions to people in need. He has consistently made donations to

help poor children at home and abroad, former sex slaves, disaster victims and others.    :Woah:

*** JoyNews24, one of the leading high-quality entertainment business magazines in the heart of Seoul, celebrated its 17th anniversary. In line with this, the magazine conducted a survey from October 12 to 19 to select the dramas, movies, actors, singers, and entertainment shows that made a breakthrough in 2021. 200 people participated in a survey, including the entertainment reporters, film and content producers, and staff members of entertainment and broadcasting companies, and selected Song Joong Ki, and more as this year's Most Powerful People in the

Entertainment Industry 2021.     :wut:

song-joong-ki.png?w=600?w=650

photo source : Kdramastars

• Like 2
  • Love 1

*** "Space Sweeper" (Best Film) and SJK (Best Actor) are nominees for the 42nd Blue Dragon Film Awards. The ceremony will held on November 26, 2021 at KBS Hall on Yeoeuido. :sweet:

Best Film

"The Day I Died: Unclosed Case" - Park Ji-wan
"Escape from Mogadishu" - Ryoo Seung-wan
"Space Sweepers" - Jo Sung-hee
"Hostage: Missing Celebrity" - Pil Kam-sung
"The Book of Fish" - Lee Joon-ik

Best Actor

"Escape from Mogadishu" - Kim Yun-seok
"The Book of Fish" - Byun Yo-han
"The Book of Fish" - Sol Kyung-gu
"Space Sweepers" - Song Joong-ki
"Escape from Mogadishu" - Jo In-sung

source : Hancinema

• Like 3

[PICK] 7 Actors Who Became Global Stars Thanks to Netflix

Song Joong KiSpace Sweepers, Vincenzo

This year, Song Joong Ki has had a busy year starring in different movies and TV series. In particular, the two works that were released to the world through Netflix made Song’s status as a Hallyu star more impressive. Also, both works allowed the viewers to reevaluate Song’s ability as an actor. In the sci-fi movie Space Sweepers, he played a snobbish and sarcastic pilot who secretly harbors guilt and fatherly love for his lost child. Plus, in the satisfying revenge drama, Vincenzo, the actor became an Italian mob who repaid evil for evil.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : zapzee

• Like 3

TOP 23 Most Popular K-Dramas Among International Fans

What was the first drama you got hooked on?

K-drama is loved and watched all over the world. We’ve all binge watched a K-drama or two, or three… or four. One does not simply watch one episode of a series, you binge watch them all.

13. Descendants of the Sun (2016)

This K-drama is a love story between Captain Yoo Shi Jin played by Song Joong Ki and Doctor Kang Mo Yeon played by Song Hye Kyo. Together they face danger in a war-torn country and fall in love with one another.

y15za47h9dkQTr1OE20326GdXdeWyUk2Y027ljUFbYLLgQfoOEF01J_8-TZDXeT1U6_PtjXGLdPiRsu5zVKODkcGaiosl4qs8ug=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

The drama that brought together the beloved and newlywed #Songsongcouple and shippers were ecstatic everywhere! K-drama brought to life!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

• Love 3

*** In celebration of its anniversary, JoyNews24 hailed Song Joong Ki and Jeon Yeo Bin from "Vincenzo" as one of the 2021 best Kdrama couples! JoyNews24, a known Korean media outlet, is celebrating its 17th anniversary. As part of its milestone, the outlet conducted a survey with the participation of experts and industry representatives to select stars and contents that made a big impact in the entertainment industry this 2021. The survey happened from October 12 to October 19, and 200 industry employees participated in the activity. JoyNews24 introduced the Kdrama pairings who made the viewers' hearts flutter due to their undeniable chemistry. The tvN drama also achieved high viewership ratings during its run. :sweet:

vincenzo-new-still.jpg?w=600?w=650

• Like 1
  • Love 1

*** Recently, Joy News 24 opened a poll for 200 people in the entertainment industry, including the vote for “5 Best K-Dramas In 2021”.  Accordingly, these votes have not been casted by viewer ratings, but rather, take into account a variety of factors such as acting, cinematography, plot and writing, and more.  Out of the 70 K-Dramas launched in 2021 as of the end of October, "Vincenzo" is included in the list. “Vincenzo” placed third in the survey with 22 votes.

vincenzo-song-joong-ki.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/10/2021 at 9:01 AM, willenette said:

*** Recently, Joy News 24 opened a poll for 200 people in the entertainment industry, including the vote for “5 Best K-Dramas In 2021”.  Accordingly, these votes have not been casted by viewer ratings, but rather, take into account a variety of factors such as acting, cinematography, plot and writing, and more.  Out of the 70 K-Dramas launched in 2021 as of the end of October, "Vincenzo" is included in the list. “Vincenzo” placed third in the survey with 22 votes.

Vincenzo is TOP of my list. I hope I will be able to buy the video when it is no longer available on Netflix.

On 11/8/2021 at 2:51 PM, willenette said:

*** In celebration of its anniversary, JoyNews24 hailed Song Joong Ki and Jeon Yeo Bin from "Vincenzo" as one of the 2021 best Kdrama couples! JoyNews24, a known Korean media outlet, is celebrating its 17th anniversary. As part of its milestone, the outlet conducted a survey with the participation of experts and industry representatives to select stars and contents that made a big impact in the entertainment industry this 2021. The survey happened from October 12 to October 19, and 200 industry employees participated in the activity. JoyNews24 introduced the Kdrama pairings who made the viewers' hearts flutter due to their undeniable chemistry. The tvN drama also achieved high viewership ratings during its run. :sweet:

Their chemistry was wonderful to watch!

On 11/7/2021 at 10:13 PM, willenette said:

TOP 23 Most Popular K-Dramas Among International Fans

What was the first drama you got hooked on?

K-drama is loved and watched all over the world. We’ve all binge watched a K-drama or two, or three… or four. One does not simply watch one episode of a series, you binge watch them all.

13. Descendants of the Sun (2016)

This K-drama is a love story between Captain Yoo Shi Jin played by Song Joong Ki and Doctor Kang Mo Yeon played by Song Hye Kyo. Together they face danger in a war-torn country and fall in love with one another.

The drama that brought together the beloved and newlywed #Songsongcouple and shippers were ecstatic everywhere! K-drama brought to life!

(skipped unrelated.....)

I can't remember my first K-drama, but it was an historical one about an ill fated romance that had the prince involved being transported into the modern world and meeting up with his love, who had been reincarnated. But my favorite love story has always been Playful Kiss, and I think One More Time is one of the best theme songs ever.

Edited by gm4queen

11 K-drama Couples That Went From On-Screen Romantic Partners To Real Life Relationships

The following K-Drama co-stars ended up dating and even getting married in real life, but not every couple has a happy ending.

The sizzling chemistry, emotional kissing scenes, and heart-fluttering moments between couples in Korean dramas often make the audience wonder if it’s all just acting. In fact, spending hours on set with their co-stars, filming intimate, loving scenes, can sometimes make the actors’ hearts flutter.

Korean celebrities often date in private and avoid going public with their relationships. Therefore, many viewers are surprised when the main couples in popular dramas are reported to be dating in real life. The 10 following couples all went from co-stars to real-life partners. Some got married and had children, while some unfortunately broke up or divorced.

8. Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo (Descendants of the Sun)

Following the success of Descendants of the Sun, Song Joong Ki became the focus of attention after his dating news with Song Hye Kyo – the female lead of the drama that broke out in 2016. The couple is better known by the name “SongSong couple”.

Song-Joong-Ki-and-Song-Hye-Kyo-1.jpg

Not only dating, Song Joong ki and Song Hye Kyo also unexpectedly got married in 2017. However, less than two years of marriage, they decided to divorce in 2019. Currently, the two actors are busy with their personal lives and careers.

This November, Song Hye Kyo will return to the small screen with the film project Now, We Are Breaking Up, in collaboration with Jang Ki Yong.

(skipped unrelated.....)P

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2021/11/12/11-k-drama-couples-that-went-from-on-screen-romantic-partners-to-real-life-relationships/

Here Are The 6 Most Anticipated 2022 K-Dramas That Are Gearing Up For Their Premiere

zMmZs6r7dAn2Q8Yb0XSLyUJjA2kQrIYZ3gWicq07

1. The Chaebol Family’s Youngest Son — JTBC

2L4QjJt12K09cDHLi6N02PVblqwArzqjS0BlF1mP3gQXXVp828_G64x0tm2MwsUxz6IOVbRIpqgPD8UuJSVlklIJVtadiG14B6ttkw86wlugxJ4=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | HanCinema

First up, we have Song Joong Ki‘s highly anticipated series titled The Chaebol Family’s Youngest Son. The JTBC K-Drama is based on a web novel with the same title, stirring up even more excitement for the upcoming premiere. The series will follow the story of Yoon Hyun Woo (played by Song Joong Ki), whose spirit enters the body of a conglomerate family’s son after being wrongfully murdered.

While there is no exact air date yet, the JTBC series will premiere sometime in 2022.

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, ssteph said:

2021.11.19 Song Joong Ki at the 26th Chunsa International Film Festival

@ssteph thanks for sharing this. Congratulations, SJK! The event were held at CGV Cheongdam Cine City in Seoul. There was no in-person audience due to COVID-19 but the ceremony was broadcast live on YouTube. When the PD won as Best Director for the movie "Space Sweepers", he also thanked SJK and the cast. I'm so happy that Song Joong Ki won Best Actor. He said, “It was a cutting-edge movie that I was able to film well due to the hard work of the staff on set. I believe that it is due to those great seniors in the movie industry that we actors are able to stand on set.”   

:kisslevel:

1637320067450018.jpg

source : https://www.xportsnews.com/article/1502419

• Love 2

On 11/18/2021 at 2:56 PM, willenette said:

Here Are The 6 Most Anticipated 2022 K-Dramas That Are Gearing Up For Their Premiere

1. The Chaebol Family’s Youngest Son — JTBC

| HanCinema

First up, we have Song Joong Ki‘s highly anticipated series titled The Chaebol Family’s Youngest Son. The JTBC K-Drama is based on a web novel with the same title, stirring up even more excitement for the upcoming premiere. The series will follow the story of Yoon Hyun Woo (played by Song Joong Ki), whose spirit enters the body of a conglomerate family’s son after being wrongfully murdered.

While there is no exact air date yet, the JTBC series will premiere sometime in 2022.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Highly anticipating all SJK works that are upcoming, and still watching the ones playing. Those eyes! That voice! That smile!

Edited by gm4queen