Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

*** SJK reveals the “Most Significant Change” made to his life this year (2022) in the latest edition of ELLE Korea.   This “change” has taught him how to be more at peace! And during this interview, he gave his fans a much-awaited update about his personal life! He revealed that he welcomed a dog, Nalla, as his family! Dubbing it “the most significant change” of the year, he said Nalla had forced him to adapt. The dog is making him walk once or twice daily at the very least. He shared that Nalla improved his relationships with his neighbors. Like, they say hello a lot more. Nalla, who “steals all the attention” from the neighbors, has given him peace of mind to appreciate. I hope for more dog-dad content from him—a Nalla-walking vlog being one of the highest in demand!   :heart2:

lJQu3b7vjzCaiIQSmm_ZkW4j5A-o8hY6KCvLqmSKYRja_nND6muIoU-zGocONwjSsmpL0KeGaUeg0xGGlCYU3bid4-coj9CXzseejBHReQ3Uyw=w780-nu-rj-l80-e365

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW95iJgBuSa/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=ecc17a67-41b5-4cf9-8b25-ea2974efce27

source : https://www.elle.co.kr/article/73043

• Like 1

3 hours ago, willenette said:

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. It's reaching almost 20%. 'Reborn Rich' nearly tripled their viewership rating since their first broadcast. The drama has been receiving a lot of love from viewers. It deserves it.  

Your welcome @willenette :), yeah it is amazing eh, I am so happy for them *The Cast and crew*.

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 28-Dec. 4, 2022

LINK here : Dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/12/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-nov-28-dec-4-2022/

Friday, December 2      
Reborn Rich JTBC
The First Responders 6 SBS 9.4%

Saturday, December 3      
Reborn Rich 7 JTBC 16.1%
Three Brave Siblings 21 KBS 16.7%
The First Responders 7 SBS 8.4%
Under the Queen’s Umbrella 15 tvN 13.4%

Sunday, December 4      
Reborn Rich 8 JTBC 19.4%
Three Brave Siblings 22 KBS 18.8%
Under the Queen’s Umbrella 16 tvN 16.9%

*** This is definitely history in the making, we may actually see a K-cable drama break 30%. "Reborn Rich" has still another 8EPs left to air. I though "Vincenzo" was a huge hit for SJK as this series got the highest cable ratings for that drama but, "Reborn Rich" is resetting his top limit. Nowadays, we don't even see cable dramas breaking 20% and this drama is almost there. It's a shame this drama didn't get Netflix global distribution. It's on Netflix only in SK. "Reborn Rich" is one of the best dramas in recent memory. Glad it's on Viki, though! SJK's reputation was never built on just one smash HIT project. I now firmly believe SJK is living his reborn life - hahaha - I hope this drama's success will not put him so much burden to his drama success in the future. I wish this drama would break the 30% milestone. Is this too much to wish for? :heart1:

*** GOT7’s Jinyoung revealed what it was like making a special appearance on Reborn Rich in an interview to promote his upcoming movie, Christmas Carol.  He only briefly appeared in episode 1 as a new employee who recently joined to work alongside Song Joong Ki.  He shared, “I was grateful to have such a special opportunity to partake in the show. I really enjoyed playing the character. Although my part wasn’t big, I didn’t want to take it lightly as my character plays the crucial role in closing the show’s first episode. I gave it a lot of thought to bring my character to life. I wanted Shin Kyung Min to be a gullible and adaptable person than a bad one. That’s why my character tried to approach Song Joong Ki in a way that almost made him uncomfortable. I thought how he approached him should provide a lot of explanation on the twist that comes in the end. I would like to thank the crew. If it weren’t for them, I would not have visited places like Türkiye. Everyone on set was super nice to me.”   :loveu:

source :  https://v.daum.net/v/20221204171312690?x_trkm=t

*** Recently, JTBC has been outshined both by other SK TV channels as well as online-only streaming platforms. But the cable network is ending the year on a powerful note with "Reborn Rich" and its exceptional ratings. The drama is a major success even among younger viewers alone. The drama has also already outperformed the previous three best-performing dramas of the year. The popularity of the drama is unlikely to become less intense. The drama & SJK has been the most popular actor in the country for the last three weeks. Even the World Cup has shown no signs of slowing the drama down.   :cheers:

*** "Reborn Rich" success is not only limited to Korea. It became the most watched show in the Asian market just 10 days after its release, topping charts in regions such as Indonesia, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand and the Philippines through Hong Kong-based streaming service Viu, which holds exclusive foreign distribution rights over the series.   :kaching3:

Posters for JTBC drama series “Reborn Rich” (2022), left, and original web novel “The Youngest Grandson of a Chaebol Family” (translated) published between 2017 to 2018. [JTBC, NAVER SERIES]

credit : JoongAngDaily

4 K-drama love lines that get on the audience’s nerves in 2022

Many people love K-dramas for their love lines, however, some series are just better off without them, according to netizens. 

K-dramas have always been strong when it comes to romance, and viewers are extremely invested in their favorite K-drama couples. However, not all works are in need of a romantic flair, and in 2022 alone, there have been several love lines that feel out of place in their respective series. 

Reborn Rich

The ongoing series “Reborn Rich” is enjoying huge popularity and praise with ratings surpassing 20%, yet its love line is not necessarily a viewers’ favorite. In fact, with its theme of revenge and inner battles between a wealthy household, “Reborn Rich” draws its viewers with fast-paced actions, unpredictable plot twists, and not whimsical romance. 

In addition, the female lead Seo Min Young (played by Shin Hyun Been) is poorly written and barely has any ground to shine, despite the series having gone half-way through. Her chemistry with the male lead, played by Song Joong Ki, also feels lackluster, and the romance between the couple feels out of place in the drama. As a result, many viewers have been pushing for this love line to be removed, or for the female lead to have more development instead of just being a romantic interest. 

K-dramas initially gained popularity for romantic works, but that’s not all there is to them. In some cases, it may be better for K-dramas to focus on its central theme instead of love lines, and the aforementioned cases are some prime examples. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kbizoom.com/4-k-drama-love-lines-that-get-on-the-audiences-nerves-in-2022/

*** Fans of Song Joong Ki pointed out an impressive resemblance between him and his role in the ongoing K-drama “Reborn Rich”. They say that the outstanding intelligence is the strength that both Hyun Woo and Song Joong Ki have. To some extent, Song Joong Ki is even better. He has an IQ of 140, which belongs to the group of those who are exceptionally smart. This is also the reason why he could easily pass all the subjects at school with good points. Scoring 380 points out of 400 in the college entrance exam, Song Joong Ki was immediately admitted to Sungkyunkwan University, one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in Korea. He graduated with two Excellent degrees in Business Administration and Broadcasting. Although many people thought he would succeed in everything he does with his extraordinary talent, he decided to pursue acting and spent many years playing minor roles as an unknown actor. Thanks to his hard work, he finally shone and gained lots of remarkable achievements in both movies and dramas. He is still enjoying the period of his career.   :heart3:

song-joong-ki-reborn-rich-1-2911222.webp

photo source : Kbizoom

*** Actor Yoon Byunghee only has nice words to say about Song Joongki during the latest episode of 'Radio Star', which aired yesterday, December 7th, where he guested. They worked together in "Vincenzo". He said - "I saw Song Joongki's name on the list, and I wanted to greet him warmly but since there were cameras, I was afraid it would be rude. So I contacted him in advance (to ask for permission) but he didn't hesitate for a second and said, "Hyung, how is that the problem? Of course, it's fine with me. Should I visit you faster? He's very manly and loyal."  :kaching1:

20221208_053943_838_ngki1.jpeg

photo source : Gstarlive

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Song Joong Ki And Shin Hyun Been Become One Step Closer To Achieving A Common Goal In “Reborn Rich” Special Poster

Ahead of the second act of “Reborn Rich,” the drama teased a special poster starring Song Joong Ki and Shin Hyun Been!

“Reborn Rich” is a new JTBC fantasy drama starring Song Joong Ki as Yoon Hyun Woo, a loyal secretary to a chaebol family. When he dies after being framed for embezzlement by the very family that he had faithfully served, he is reborn as the family’s youngest son Jin Do Joon, and he plots to take over the company in order to exact revenge.

Spoilers

In the previous broadcast, Jin Yang Chul (Lee Sung Min) discovered an issue with his health, causing great shock. At the crossroads of life, Jin Yang Chul came to the realization that ultimately, his favorite child is Soonyang Group, and he retracted the rule of the eldest child succeeding the group and instead declared that the successor will only be chosen based on their abilities, making viewers anticipate the dynamic and fierce battle to take over Soonyang that will unfold in the second act.

On December 8, “Reborn Rich” dropped a special poster of Jin Do Joon and Seo Min Young (Shin Hyun Been). Previously, the two had to walk different paths to follow their contrasting goals of revenge and justice. However, the poster depicts them just a step away from crossing paths. The poster is even more intriguing in that it features Jin Do Joon in his 20s and Seo Min Young in her 40s.

The text on the poster reads, “The partnership to hunt down Soonyang family begins,” raising anticipation for what will result from a collaboration that crosses generations to achieve one same goal.

Song-Joong-Ki-Shin-Hyun-Been-1072x1536.j

Song Joong Ki shared, “The relationship depicted between the two—a man who became a prominent figure of Soonyang Group and a woman known as the grim reaper of Soonyang Group—is complex and subtle. I hope viewers also tune in and feel together in what manner their relationship will unfold.”

Shin Hyun Been conveyed, “The two, who have been at odds for the past four years since college, have now become members of society and will now meet as a prosecutor and third generation chaebol as well as a prosecutor and a whistleblower. At first glance, they seem to be on different ends of an extreme with Soonyang at the center, but they appear to be connected by the common trait of using any means necessary for the sake of truth.”

She added, “The process of them benefitting each other and also harming one another will be another interesting point for viewers. I hope viewers watch without missing their emotions amidst a relationship that is uncertain in which how it will change.”

The next episode of “Reborn Rich” airs on December 9 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Song Joong Ki And Shin Hyun Been Become One Step Closer To Achieving A Common Goal In “Reborn Rich” Special Poster | Soompi

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On December 6, 2022 Data)

popular-netflix-program-ranking-dec-6_cover-image.jpg

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On December 6, 2022 Data)

1. "Reborn Rich"

2. "Under the Queen's Umbrella"

3. "Wednesday"

4. "Good Job"

5. "Tale of the Nine-Tailed"

6. "Korea No. 1"

7. "Love is for Suckers"

8. "Somebody"

9. "Hospital Playlist"

10. "I'm Solo"

(skipped unrelated.....) 

*** Song Joong Ki was surprised at the overwhelming reaction of viewers after arriving in Singapore for their promotional tour for "Reborn Rich."  He graced Viu TV's event. The event is attended by many reporters from different media outlets in Asian countries where Viu is serviced. It includes Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Malaysia, and Thailand. During his press conference, he spoke about meeting his Singaporian fans for the first time after the pandemic. When asked if he would love to be reborn like his character, Jin Do Joon, he revealed why he didn't want to be a part of a chaebol family. He said, "I saw family conflicts caused by money through this drama. Money is important to humans, but it shouldn't be the top priority."   Airing thrice a week, every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, "Reborn Rich" episode 9 is scheduled to broadcast TONIGHT December 9. Viewers could catch new episodes through JTBC, Viu TV, and Viki.  :happydance:

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Reborn Rich” has finally dropped behind-the-scenes footage from the big wedding ceremony that took place in the drama!

“Reborn Rich” is a JTBC fantasy drama starring Song Joong Ki as Yoon Hyun Woo, a loyal secretary to a chaebol family. When he dies after being framed for embezzlement by the very family that he had faithfully served, he is reborn as the family’s youngest son Jin Do Joon, and he plots to take over the company in order to exact revenge.

This new behind-the-scenes video is all about the wedding between Jin Sung Joon (Kim Nam Hee) and Mo Hyun Min (Park Ji Hyun), who looked gorgeous in her beautiful dress.

park-ji-hyun-kim-nam-hee.jpg

When the time came for the entire family to gather together for a group picture, the director was sure to catch every little detail and make sure that nothing looked off. At one point, Kang Ki Doong was told to fix his hair so that his eyes could be seen, to which he made everyone laugh by replying, “No, this is part of the concept I’m going for.”

The whole group looked great together, shouting out a happy “Soonyang!” as the photo was snapped.

Spoiler

reborn-rich-1.jpg

Watch the behind-the-scenes footage from the on-screen wedding below!

[ENG/메이킹] 결혼식이 언제부터 이렇게 재밌어진 거야, 내 허락도 없이. | 재벌집 막내아들  EP.21 - YouTube

The next episode of “Reborn Rich” will air on December 9 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Watch: “Reborn Rich” Takes Viewers Behind The Scenes Of Kim Nam Hee And Park Ji Hyun’s Wedding | Soompi

*** Song Joong Ki has starred in various works, and had various lovelines. However, he has never faced chemistry controversy up until “Reborn Rich”.  Shin Hyun Been is Song Joong Ki’s latest love interest. Her chemistry with Song Joong Ki in the drama is getting divided opinions. Some viewers claim they don’t see the spark between them. Some even complain about the two’s loveline being uninteresting. The drama has entered the 2nd act of its run. Many viewers are still hoping that there will be stimulating scenes between SJK and Shin Hyun Been so that they do not end up getting listed as a “failed” K-drama couple despite the success of “Reborn Rich”.   :heart2: