Did You Know They're Also Asian? Do They Look Asian?

Guest IwishIwasKOREAN

Guest 00forever00

How many of these threads already exist?

"Asians in Hollywood" "Mixed Asian Celebs"

And it's basically the same faces that get re-posted.

AGree....!!!!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Inverted

Norah Jones:

Asian Ethnicity: Indian, Bengali

Norah's father is a Bengali Indian. Bengalis are an ethnic group found in both West Bengal (state in India) and East Bengal (Bangladesh).

Hmm distant Asian descent would be correct but I wouldn't consider Michelle Branch 'Asian' considering she's only 1/8th Indonesian. I don't think it'd be sincere to label her as such (she is, after all, predominantly of Caucasian background).

She looks very Mongoloidish especially without makeup.

More:

Cassie, 1/2 Filipina

cassie-picture-1.jpg

Rhona Mitra, 1/2 Indian (Bengali)

Rhona-Mitra.jpg

Kate Beckinsale, 1/8 Burmese

kate_beckinsale_gallery_10.jpg

Lindsay Price, 1/2 Korean

lindsay-price.jpg

Devon Aoki, 1/2 Japanese

devon-aoki-picture-1.jpg

Tera Patrick, 1/2 Thai

tera_patrick.jpg

Bruce Lee, 3/4 Chinese

Bruce_Lee_Biography.jpg

Anne Curry, 1/2 Japanese

070705_Curry_12p.widec.jpg

Sabine Singh, 1/2 Indian (Punjabi)

SabineSingh_L.jpg

Dean Cain, 1/2 Japanese

Dean%20Cain-1.jpg

Phoebe Cates, 1/4 Chinoy (Chinese Filipino)

phoebe_cates1.jpg

Olivia Munn, 1/2 Chinese

olivia_munn.jpg

Guest Bethany

^I'm pretty sure Bruce Lee is 3/4 Chinese since his father is full Chinese and mother is 1/2 Chinese and 1/2 German.

I never knew that Ann Curry was half Japanese. I knew that she is mixed with some Asian descent, but never thought it was Japanese.

Guest dinky-monkey

LOL.... these people are mixed, not "Asian" because mixed = Caucasian/Black/... + Asian so OF COURSE they won't look Asian. -____-"""

Guest plegend2007

I knew about most of them having some sort of Asian in them, but Zach, I was just stupefied.

I am a "HAPA" myself and sometimes people can tell and sometimes they can't, more often times they are just confused :huh:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned or not, but KRISTIN KREUK from Smallville is mixed. I believe she is Dutch and Chinese.

LOL.... these people are mixed, not "Asian" because mixed = Caucasian/Black/... + Asian so OF COURSE they won't look Asian. -____-"""

That's true. Come on... for example, Kate Beckinsale 1/8 Burmese? She's barely even mixed, let alone Asian.

I never did understand the fascination with percentages some people seem to have.

Guest Inverted

That's true. Come on... for example, Kate Beckinsale 1/8 Burmese? She's barely even mixed, let alone Asian.

I never did understand the fascination with percentages some people seem to have.

Why shouldn't we? When it's the other way around many whites put some claim on them. In fact, even if they're not mixed some people insist they are. :rolleyes:

Why shouldn't we? When it's the other way around many whites put some claim on them. In fact, even if they're not mixed some people insist they are. :rolleyes:

"Many whites put some claim on them."

O M G

Guest winged_monster

I don't think if you went up to Kate Beckinsale and told her that she's an inspiration to Asian actresses, she wouldn't really understand. Most of these people don't get jobs because they're Asian anyway. The actors make it big because they get roles for their other ethnicity, or because they look mixed, not because they're Asian. But whenever an Asian is needed for a role, they'll always pull out the "I'm Asian" card right away.

Guest tinatran_

i shall contribute! 8D

Taeko "Koi" Carroll from ABDC's Fysh N' Chicks! She's a mix of American and Japanese. i don't know the percentages though. -__-''

full.jpg

Guest BAE--CHA

Even though I don't know half of those people, the ones that I do know of, I cannot believe they're Asian! Zach from Save By the Bell? Wow!

Archived