Did You Know They're Also Asian? Do They Look Asian?

Guest IwishIwasKOREAN

Guest chinkboye22

David Silva is part Japanese, he's said it before (recently in an interview with a magazine from singapore) and so has his grandmother (during Euro).

thanks for confirming it :) now i can sleep peacefully at night lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Amethist

Ok I already knew some because I read it somewhere..

But I already saw that Mike Shinoda, Kristin Kreuk, Amerie and Leah Dizon were half asian when I first saw them, it's actually pretty obvious imo :mellow:..

Kristin Kreuk sometimes pretty much looks like an asian with green eyes and brown hair to me, and Leah also looks very asian. At first when I saw Amerie I thought she was indonesian for having a tanned skin but asian facial features >_<;.. And well, Mike just looks really eurasian too..

Actually here in The Netherlands we have quite some celebs that are partly asian(indonesian), but don't look asian at all O_o..

Dinand Woesthoff (singer of the band Kane)

dinand_groot.jpg

Patty Brard (ex singer)

pattybrard.jpg

Georgina Verbaan (actrice/VJ)

Georgina%20Verbaan.JPG

EliZe(singer)

web_elize_01.jpg

EliZe really looks latina imo..I could post up a lot more celebs, but I guess these pretty much already made my point clear..And I think that all of them are prolly only 1/4 indonesian..

I'm also partly indonesian myself(lol I have like 8 ethnicities and most part of it is indonesian), and I sure also look a lot more indonesian than they do imo :mellow: ..

Guest Jay z

i really wouldn't count filipino's as asians there more of pacific islanders

Actually, Filipinos are considered Asian.

Pacific Islander… is a geographic term used in several places, such as New Zealand and the United States, to describe the inhabitants of any of the three major sub-regions of Oceania… Polynesia, Micronesia and Melanesia.

Inhabitants of Russia’s Kuril Islands, Alaska’s Aleutian Islands, and the Taiwanese, Japanese, Philippine, and Indonesian islands, although technically bordering edges of the Pacific Ocean, do not fall under the definition of “Pacific Islanders” because such islands are not actually located within the Pacific or therefore any of the three regions of Oceania (Polynesia, Micronesia and Melanesia)

Sorry, but it's annoying when people say Filipinos are Pacific Islanders.

I even see a lot of Filipino-Americans claiming that, which I have no clue why. :huh:

People really need to read this.

Guest morimi

Wow this thread is great!

Most of these people I didn't know they had an asian blood in them!

They don't look asian, it great to see so many mixed people of asian decent.

• 1 year later...
Guest Tofu_Cloud

OOH OHH Olivia Munn shoud be added to this?

some of the cleebritys are only 25% asian.

ALSO i find the majority of the time, the father is the white oneif the father is white.. then DUH the child is gonna look more white.

Guest GloomyPookie

Zack!!!!! hahahahha he does not look half at all.

Actually, he does look Indo(indonesian mixed with European). I'm Indonesian and I live in The Netherlands; Mark-Paul is half Dutch(The Netherlands), half indonesian. And I have a lot of cousins who are half dutch, half indonesian so I can recognise it when someone is Indo. ;)

Guest Akucintadia

Michaela Conlin is soo pretty. I thought she had filipino in her not chinese but yeah.

Van Halen was an unexpected mix xD But usually native Indonesians + Caucasian = a more Caucasian looking child. It's when you have Chinese mixed in there that you can see the Asian blood come in. I think it's because native Indonesians don't look stereotypically Asian. Same with Indian, and they're still considered to be under the 'Asian' category.

Really? You think so. I'm 1/2 Dutch 1/2 Indonesian and I'm getting sick and tired of people who think I'm Chinese ;[.Although Asians don't think I'm Chinese maybe Thai but they tell me I look stereotypically Asian :/. Indians are a diffrent story some are Asian some are not. 

Wow, if you didn't say it, I wouldn't be able to tell with the most of them..

Just how much asian are these people? Cause I really can't tell with many of them :)

Fun thread though, thanks.

Guest FigureSk8tr

wow i didnt know any of these celebs were asian?  i have had i couple of people come up to me and say "Are you 1/2 Asian?"    "Are you Half-Japanese?"  or chinese ok... i thought they were crazy!!!!!   i have loved the asian culture ever since i was 6 i dont know why it was something that just felt part of me. BUT, both my parents  are white  and ik that some of my ancestors were Eastern European or something RUssian,poland, etc. My hair his dark/brown and i only look asian if i smile i dont know how people see that? how is it possible? i have joked with my parents when i was 14  about how i might have  asian blood  but they thought i was nuts.  it interests me alot because it would be cool to be part of another culture

Archived