Hana Yori Dango, Meteor Garden or Boys Before Flowers?

Guest ritahui

Guest maila

mine is

1. Hanadan -very good overall/one reason im so into ARASHI ^.^

2. Meteor Garden - 1st live hyd drama series/storyline most faithful to the manga(except for mg2)though dragging at times but still good and characters have chemistry...

3. BoF- a disappointment/have watched hanadan(1/2/f) many times and mg1 few times but cant seem to watch this even for the 2nd time/i didn’t feel that it is one version of hyd-a lot of unnecessary scenes/stories-especially for jihoo/feels like the main leads are jihoo and jandi-wished they could have picked a diff actress...

Matsujun and Inoue Mao -nothing to say but great acting/chemistry-acted as if they are the real tsukasa and tsukushi...

Shun Oguri -for me he perfected the sleepy/spaced out/autistic acting...

Ken Zhu and Rainie Yang - i am just bias...i love this couple...KRazy fan girl ^.^

Abe Tsuyoshi/Vaness Wu -can’t pick...though has very little part but you can feel they are true friend and that they are the one who unites the group...

looking forward to watch hyd chinese version: meteor shower ^.^

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been watching meteor garden on youtube, and darn, it's better than I remembered. Really thought it was really good. Chemistry btwn everybody could be felt lol. The Japanese and Tw version had way better tsukasas. I really liked Lei from the TW version, and also thought makino (shancai) in the tw version was how she was supposed to be like (minus the indecisiveness)

I liked the korean sets and clothes lol, but yah, the chemistry, acting and plot was alittle eh.

Guest KJ__LEE

I Like Hana Yori Dango =)

The Taiwanese One Was Good Too But It Was Lagging.

I Stopped Watching The Korean One, No Idea Why Though, Lol

Guest xlemonpie

1.japanese version

2. korean version

3. tw version

the acting in the japanese one is the best i think. but i think the korean one has the best looking characters ^^ kim bum~

Guest hdcpup08

for me, the Meteor Garden of Taiwan.. coz its all started there.

but definitely as time passes the HYD versions became more thrilling and fantastic...

Guest ml_87

in term of storyline, i've to say that HYD is the best

but in terms of acting and appearance, BOF is the best :)

HYD's actors dun have the noble appearance like BOF's cast

Guest cgherrer

in term of storyline, i've to say that HYD is the best

but in terms of acting and appearance, BOF is the best :)

HYD's actors dun have the noble appearance like BOF's cast

I beg to differ. Korean version had very bad actors in Jandi and JiHoo.

Hyd was very superior in story and quality of acting compared to BBF.

Guest sasgrace

I beg to differ. Korean version had very bad actors in Jandi and JiHoo.

Hyd was very superior in story and quality of acting compared to BBF.

You have forgotten akwardness Kim Bum, Horrible Kim Joon, and fakely funny crybaby Lee Min Ho

HANA YORI DANGO!!!

Gawsh, I don't even know how many times i re-watch this.

In my opinion:

HYD: Has the best acting deliverance although Matsujun walks kinda makes u chuckle at times. :lol: But its part of his charms that makes me swoon! ^^

Matsujun makes a good jerk and u can't help but pity him when he's sad and lonely. The humor in this film is just fantastic! Matsujun and his jerkness 'i'm too good for you' to the trio girls are just funny especially when he says 'b! get out of my way' and pushes her away. hehe! And Oguri Shun as Rui is pure win since he's a superb actor. Pity his character too.

BBF: They had the best looking cast, but acting lacks.

Joon Pyo is pretty darn hot. But he's just like average. Iono if the english translation, but the jokes his character makes turned out boring and unfunny. As to HYD it was hilarious. I love Hye Sun's acting. She's so darn adorable! But her cuteness kinda irks at times. And to makes matter worst, Ji Hoon. As much as I love Hyun Joong, his acting was bland. I know he may of not have the experience needed for the role, but his acting was bad. Love it when he smiles though! ^^

MG: I can't comment on this cuz i haven't watched it.

I love Jerry Yan, but this was hard to watch cuz of the fashion. The fashion was horrid to watch especially that orange headband in the beginning. And his new album "freedom" is awesome! ^^

Guest aishiteru

i liked the cast for boys over flowers just as well as i like the cast from hana yori dango (though i must say inoue mao did a much better job)

i couldn't last through the taiwanese version.. way too freaking long and dragged out

korean version was less dragged out but it still had it's uber boring parts where i just stopped watching. also the inexperienced actors made it hard to watch.

japanese version was much better directed and portrayed. the cast did a wonderful job and the story line moved quick and flowed well. acting quality SO MUCH MORE BETTER! haha

Guest Stolen_waters

I like the Taiwanese version for the drama, and Japanese one for the comedy.

I didn't really like BoF. I stopped watching after the 4th episode. The acting was really bad.

And I couldn't choose between Ken Zhu and Matsuda Shota!!!! Love those guys!

Now for the looks, I'd go for Kim Bum and Shota.

Guest Ginoru

aryssa

Good to see that people votes based on things that matter like fidelity to the story, acting, interest and non dragginess instead of just going for the looks ;)

aryssa

Good to see that people votes based on things that matter like fidelity to the story, acting, interest and non dragginess instead of just going for the looks ;)

i know.i totally agree with you.you know what i read a lot of comments (not from this thread) saying that they didn't watch hyd coz they felt that the f4 guys are not good looking enough unlike the korean ones.

well i only have one thing to say...they might not have the best looks but you really need to watch this version first.when i first watch this drama i have the same impression (well, i was younger back then) but after i finished watching this drama, i just love the way the actors embraced their roles as if they are really them.

p/s this is totally random but i can't believe this was the car that rui drove in hyd2!i thought his car was ehh...but right now i was like 'whoa ok'.

this car is totally classic!

toyota 2000GT

Guest Ginoru

aryssa

Indeed! What if they were not as good looking as others at least they were the characters!

Domyoji for example from being that hateful being at the start of the drama to make everyone love him, mean, childish etc by the end, takes a lot of good acting and understanding the role, Domyoji is an ash** but he grows out of it and Matsujun did that, i value that above all the rest of the things. What does it matter if one is more good looking than others? if the actor doesn't make me feel for his character, good or bad, he can be mr universe for all i care :) and the same goes for the rest and the plot. I have this rollercoaster feeling with Meteor Garden (high-down-hig-down) but with BOF....i just felt i wasted my time, i was not watching HYD, i don't know what it was but it wasn't HYD, and HYD drama i have been able to watch once and again and again and never get tired ;)

Guest xjuicyy403

hana yori dango all the way<3

lolol i thought everything was better in the japanese version

i dunno everything was cut to the chase and i enjoyed that haha

acting was much better as well

Guest Amethist

Meh I can't really give a full opinion, I'm really biased for saying Hana Yori Dango since it looks most like the original manga but they're all pretty good..

Inoue Mao on the other hand, about her I can already say that she's my fave Makino though, she's a tomboy but doesn't overreact it like Geum Jan Di/ Go Hye Sun does..And she's more entertaining to watch than San Cai/Barbie Hsu from what I've seen.

And then there will also be 3 more versions to look at, I wonder how those will evolve..

Guest writerchick

FLOWERS DVD WITH QUALITY ENGLISH SUBTITLES (HOSTED BY YAE)

FIVE additional WINNERS will be selected to win a Boys Over Flowers gift bag.

Rules of the game: Participants must complete a total of 30 tasks and submit an official Scavenger Hunt Submission Form to feedback@yaentertainment.com ON and NOT BEFORE September 15, 2009. (All early submissions will be disqualified.) Please keep track of your own progress. The official submission form will be available on September 1, 2009, on YAE’s Scavenger Hunt Events page on Facebook. Please check YAE's Facebook group EVENTS page often for additional tasks and information.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=101828775901

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=19921524192

Good LUCK!

More info on YAE...

www.yaentertainment.com

Archived