Ask Me Anything~!

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest Seraphyx

^ Are you Asian by any chance?

If your mother is Asian and was raised with Asian values, she was taught that women are to speak when spoken to and be subservient. So your outburst about the flowers was uncalled for and unnecessary in her opinion.

However, if you are not Asian maybe she was just upset at the randomness of our outburst and or because your comment was "girly".

In the end I can only speculate as to the reason of her insult, I don't know enough about your mother to give a definitive answer.

Yes, I would say that you are not wrong in this case.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the sweetest prince

some people just dont like flowers.

You should dump him and get with a white guy out of spite.

^ Are you Asian by any chance?

If your mother is Asian and was raised with Asian values, she was taught that women are to speak when spoken to and be subservient. So your outburst about the flowers was uncalled for and unnecessary in her opinion.

However, if you are not Asian maybe she was just upset at the randomness of our outburst and or because your comment was "girly".

In the end I can only speculate as to the reason of her insult, I don't know enough about your mother to give a definitive answer.

Yes, I would say that you are not wrong in this case.

yes x.x i am.

i should've thought of that earlier but i was really ticked off by the comment.

well a clear statement is she tends to listen to herself more than she listens to others.

even when the other side is right.

ah thats good. cuz it kept bugging me like maybe my tone of voice was like etc and all that.

some people just dont like flowers.

You should dump him and get with a white guy out of spite.

o.o did u read it correctly?

Guest twinkle_l0ve

ok i want some more opinions

my mother, siblings and I were at burger king

and i noticed a vase of these pretty flowers

i made a comment to my mother "the flowers

look really exotic. you don't see those kinds often"

and she replied:

"don't say that is public. see this is why you don't have a boyfriend.

because of the way you talk."

my siblings and I were like "huh, what are you talking about? thats a compliment.[referring to the flowers]

she just mutter "still.." and then shut up.

i know this sounds really silly

but i want to know if that rebuttal was

uncalled for and that i shouldn't feel like the wrong one here.

Asian parents have to most fluctuating moods ever

Even your siblings thought that you did/said nothing wrong

Don't worry too much about it

Guest safelittlethoughts

hi soompiers. i just need some opinions and advice for my current problem.

so there's this guy who really likes me and then i began liking him. we would hang out and show our affection towards one another, like hugging and holding hands. we would flirt and hang out ever since we found out we liked each other, which was last year. people thought we were a couple or ask us, but we're not.

but in the middle of this school year, this girl in my class has been constantly flirting with him. she's somewhat outgoing and would mess with the guys in class. she rarely talks to the girls. i'm the opposite of her: quiet but would talk to everyone. anyways, my crush developed a crush on her now but his friends still say that he likes me (confusion). some people even say that his crush on her is more like an obsession because he would always ask for her. at some days, he would ignore me and flirt with her, but other days, he would talk to me. last month was his birthday and she gave him a hug...only because she found out that day by the teacher and she wanted to copy his homework (basically using him?) -- but i baked for him. >.<

recently, my guy friend (who is also the girl's friend) told me that she would always talk to her ex-boyfriend. mostly everyone knows because she texts him while in class and she tells everyone. another friend of ours old me that she was taken. i was just upset because she's flirting with my crush, yet she's either talking to her ex or is already taken by someone.

*just a little note, but my crush rarely hangs out with her. he doesn't know her phone number, aim, myspace, or any contact. they only talk at school...sometimes. it would be about >an hour total each school day. he has a hold of my contacts already.

so should i tell my crush about her? what would be the consequences if i told him or if i didn't?

if anyone is unclear, just say so. i'll try to clarify it when i reply back.

Guest Seraphyx

^ Ask how your crush feels about her, since you sound unsure of how he actually feels.

The girl just sounds like a typical, flirtatious, text-fiend, middle-school kid that probably has confusing relationship issues. There seems to be a cloud of confusion about her status, which probably is caused by the fact that she tells everyone something different or that people just misunderstand or make rumors about her. I think that you should ask your crush how he feels about her before going off and talking trash about the girl to him. Talking trash to make someone dislike a person is very low, which would seem like the case if you told your crush about the girl.

Establish how your crush feels about you and how he feels about the girl, there isn't a need to tell him about her.

However, if your crush does like this girl, then you lost.

~Edit~

If you would like more clarification on my response, feel free to PM me.

Best of luck

Guest GDxL0VE

DLITEvirus.: don't tell him just yet. you're not too sure if he really likes her like he did with you. he'll probably think that you're jealous and then he'll move on to someone else.

it seems like you're getting the wrong idea because you assume he likes her snce they flirt. people tend to flirt all day with different people, but at the end of the day, there's only one person they really care about. that's what happening right now. besides, you're more closer with the guy than the girl. she uses him while you care for him. the baking is cute x]

the girl sounds like too much of a flirt. and she talks to the guys in your class? what's up with the girls? is she a tomboy or anything? curiousity killed the cat =P

also, he might get the wrong idea towards you since you two are rarely talking. he might also assume that you don't like him.

if it makes it any better, hang out with him more and confess. this would really give him the message. also, don't wait for him to start the conversation.

if he doesn't like you back, move on. there's other fishes in the sea ^__^

hope that helps!

Guest ulzzangXlovers

i have a question...

how do i know if this guy likes me?

-he always smiles when i talk to him

-he made me a card for my birthday (i heard he doesnt do it for other girls)

-we randomly say hi to each other and smile

-my friends tell me he looks at me while im talking to other ppl (which is why i never see)

-he often does nice things to me like gives me stuff something like that

-He IMs at night before signing off and says hows your day

iduno i just realli like this guy and hes shy and so am i and i was wondering if he feels the same way too

^ he prob does like you

if he made you a card and doesn't do this often...dingdingding lol he obviously likes you enough to take time to make it

could've just bought you one don't ya think?

other signs also kinda indicate his feelings.

You should ask him =)

Guest Seraphyx

i have a question...

how do i know if this guy likes me?

-he always smiles when i talk to him

-he made me a card for my birthday (i heard he doesnt do it for other girls)

-we randomly say hi to each other and smile

-my friends tell me he looks at me while im talking to other ppl (which is why i never see)

-he often does nice things to me like gives me stuff something like that

-He IMs at night before signing off and says hows your day

iduno i just realli like this guy and hes shy and so am i and i was wondering if he feels the same way too

You answered your own question. Yes he probably does like you, I shared a lot of those in common with the girl that I liked mutually.

Guest iiYUN!!

Uhmm, any advice? >.<;;;

Well, i really like this one guy i keep seeing pass by me around school, and by my friend's locker. I have this huge crush on him now that I see him like everywhere. So, when I like someone i can get really nervous, and I say really stupid thing's around the guy, but this time, I don't have a single class with him, and I never do get the chance to say hi, without it sounding stupid because he doesn't even know me >///<;;

Sooo, I really need any ideas on how to talk to him a little...

Guest GDxL0VE

^ how often do you see hom? do you know anybody whose friends with him? if you do, maybe they can introduce you to him. also, since his locker is near your friend's, why not talk to him there? there's no need to be nervous around him. talk to him like how you would talk to others. :]

Guest Seraphyx

Uhmm, any advice? >.<;;;

Well, i really like this one guy i keep seeing pass by me around school, and by my friend's locker. I have this huge crush on him now that I see him like everywhere. So, when I like someone i can get really nervous, and I say really stupid thing's around the guy, but this time, I don't have a single class with him, and I never do get the chance to say hi, without it sounding stupid because he doesn't even know me >///<;;

Sooo, I really need any ideas on how to talk to him a little...

Have a friend introduce you if possible. You can also try the "accidental" bumping into him to start a conversation if you don't have a friend. In the end, if you don't have a friend to introduce you, you will have to engage in a conversation without help. Might as well just walk up to him and introduce yourself, if there is no other way to talk to him.

Guest closetninety

i'm in a bit of a problem.

i have this friend is super critical of everything i do. it's getting really annoying to me, and i

want to tell her to stop it. i was thinking about doing that, but suddenly, one of my friends

told me that this friend was laughing at me behind my back to other people.

so now i'm really pissed at her, and i'm ignoring her for now.

but that's no way to deal with the problem, right?

i mean, eventually, i have to face her. the only question is, how?

Guest Seraphyx

Eh, I've known people like that. When you confront them, they will either cower in fear or deny the whole thing. Actually, ignoring her isn't a bad idea, since she might realize something is wrong and ask what is wrong. You can either ignore her or confront her, but don't say bad things behind her back. Confronting her would probably just make her stop talking behind your back temporarily, but it's worth a shot. I say you ignore her until she asks you what is wrong, then confront her about the issue.

Best of luck~

Guest GIYOUNGEEE

i have a problem ):

i really like this guy and he likes me back

i used to have a huge crush on him a long time ago but i kind of gave up on that because i never really got to see him

but its kind of weird because- as corny as this sounds, hes like the perfect guy to me and it seems too good to be true :blink: if you know what i mean :/

we have so much in common and all the things i look for in a guy, he has o__o

but theres a few things im worried about D:

1. my ex broke up with me a few months ago. i was so devestated and hurt that im not sure if im ready to start going out with someone >__>

2. my friends never approved of my ex but they really like the guy i have a crush on right now. they keep pressuring me to go out with him :[ they keep telling me that if i dont take the chance, im going to lose a great guy

3. unfortunately, he lives about an hour away from me. he can drive but i cant yet ): i dont want to be a bother and make him drive so far just to see me

will anyone give me advice? ): i know this is a stupid problem but i really dont know what to do

should i take a chance with this guy, or just stay friends?

Guest Seraphyx

^

If you don't feel ready to get back into a relationship, then don't do it. However, in this particular case I think you should go for it. If you think someone is "perfect" for you, then don't let the opportunity slip from your hands. I doubt he'd find driving an hour to see you annoying or problematic since he probably really wants to see you. Go for it, if you don't go for it you may just lose a very good opportunity.

Best of luck~~

Guest chocopocky

Soo.. how should I deal with this?

We've tried talking about it and it seemed to have taken a toll for worse.

1. Boyfriend broke up with me a few days ago. He said it, not I.
  2. We've only been together for like a month.
  3. We have talked for 3 months but he has liked me before he met me?
  4. Though I did cry and was mad for several days, I got over it better than he did.
  5. He is super duper depressed, crying in school, telling others about how much he wants me back, and crap.
  6. The guy is even posting stuff on myspace and seeking attention by writing self pity blogs, uploading slutty pictures of himself topless, and complaining to everyone that i don't 'love' him anymore. excuse me, sir.. we are not in love!
  7. now he's following me..
  8. I feel like all that time waiting for him, I could have applied for scholarships or colleges. I'm really impatient and I hate waiting and I hate wasting time!
  9. i've talked to him after the break up and he gave me a happy poopoo reason that he was afraid of not making me happy and didn't wanna hold me back.
  10. In the relationship, I was the one wearing the pants and I am a girl! I made all the plans and waited too many times for him before realizing too late that he stood me up everytime
  11. before we dated, the guy was so nice! he totally changed.
  12. we can never kiss right..
  13. he never made the moves on me, i always had to signal him to hold my hands or whatever. If I don't, he sits there like a deadbeat
  14. we have alot of awkward silences and tend to run out of things to say. or i'll talk alot and he pretends to listen
  15. i'm a senior ready to graduate, and he's a sophomore who's gonna turn into a junior
  16. he smokes.. and i don't. it's not that i'm against it, it's just not my thing.
  17. we have totally opposite taste in music

Archived