[Drama 2006] Pure 19 / Pure in Heart / Hearts of Nineteen 열아홉 순정

Guest Origins

Guest mily2

oh my.. thank you mic & sara for the wonderful translations & spoilers.. you guys rock!!! poor mic.. hehe.. even though we ALL love WK ( he's so adorable).. I have to say that YH & GH definitely have better "chemistry" as potential lover and their relationship is more exciting.. haha.. and I feel bad for GH because no matter who she likes.. she won't have the peace of mind and will face opposition.. If she likes WK.. the fact that she was once engaged to his uncle will be a factor and his mom might not like the idea.. since GH is so grateful to WK's family, I don't know if she will be able to fully go against their wishes. As for YH.. she will have to worry about shinhyeong ( who was so good to her to begin with) and YH's family also.. *sigh*.. haha.. so it seems to me our dear GH is heading for hardships.. UNLESS a third ( handsome & hot) guy appears out of nowhere and rescue her ;) .. yes.. yes.. me and my obsession for hot guys.. it wouldn't hurt to get some distractions, eh? :lol: haha.. but i know with these daily dramas.. they probably won't give me another hot guy so soon.. maybe if i'm lucky.. i will get one by episode 100? * crossing my fingers*

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dunnie

dramaok & snam - thanks for the translations & clarifications. I rewatched ep 39 after reading your write-ups because I just find the gookhwa & yoonhoo scenes too cute...

About your question, dramaok, about why gookhwa is upset at wookyeong... perhaps it's a bit of the former (wookyeong's niceness towards her...because of the things said to her by ok-geum) and her sadness about her situation (staying w/the hong's and thus her obligation to go along w/ok-geum despite her own feelings). I'm also beginning to think perhaps gookhwa doesn't have romantic feelings for anyone at this point...she might like wookyeong more (than yoonhoo) because he is super nice to her but her feelings are not in a gf/bf way, esp. now w/ok-geum's outward disapproval of her closeness w/wookyeong...not sure if I'm even making sense here :sweatingbullets:

I agree w/emily that gookhwa won't have it easy no matter who she likes. I think she might turn away or keep her distance from wookyeong because of ok-geum...and if later yoonhoo expresses any feelings for her, she might reject him because of shinyeong...now as to emily's hot 3rd guy, is there any character that hasn't appear yet...haha...

dramaok or snam - can either of you please help shed some light on the following scenes in ep40? Thanks!

- conversation betw gookhwa & wookyeong after he found out she went on a matchmaking date

- what wookyeong said to his mom about matchmaking for gookhwa

- shinhyeong & yoonhoo at the park - was that where he said about funny kissing a long time friend? did she ask him about gookhwa or something?

- did ok-geum ask gookhwa about wookyeong & his friend (yoonhoo) when gh apologized?

- gookhwa & yoonhoo in the elevator - why was she kinda upset at him? because he told wookyeong about the date?

- did shinhyeong tell wookyeong about yoonjeong's marriage situation or something?

- finally...what did wookyeong say in his confession????

sorry for so many questions...

Guest mily2

hehe.. some quick caps.. poor WK :(

bscap000qs8.jpg

bscap001nr5.jpg

bscap002tf8.jpg

bscap003we7.jpg

bscap004ud3.jpg

bscap008kx4.jpg

bscap009vn0.jpg

bscap013xd1.jpg

awww... he's mad at her.. ( and his mom :lol: )

bscap020sh9.jpg

bscap022bt6.jpg

bscap025od2.jpg

bscap027ig0.jpg

bscap031uz6.jpg

bscap032oi1.jpg

a very interesting scene..

bscap053ts9.jpg

bscap054ui9.jpg

bscap060cw7.jpg

bscap061au7.jpg

bscap063dc7.jpg

geez.. why couldn't he at least give her a better excuse? poor girl!!!!

bscap064ik7.jpg

bscap072sb8.jpg

bscap078pz9.jpg

bscap082ye2.jpg

bscap079ce0.jpg

bscap086ja5.jpg

bscap087ly7.jpg

another elevator scene.. i guess this is their "official" meeting place.. :lol:

bscap091pj5.jpg

bscap092ro1.jpg

bscap093we3.jpg

bscap095sa0.jpg

bscap103qg0.jpg

bscap099zp2.jpg

another sad scene..

bscap107eh9.jpg

bscap108fg7.jpg

bscap109xa6.jpg

bscap111dc6.jpg

Guest snam124

thanks again for the awesome screen caps mily! i can't wait to watch it :)

i'm wondering what yoonhoo was smiling to himself about??? :P

Guest mily2

i can't wait to for tomorrow.. i think we can see the rest of this "confession" scene.. ( if i am not wrong)

bscap113nl6.jpg

bscap114vo7.jpg

bscap117vu2.jpg

bscap121xh6.jpg

bscap122ge2.jpg

bscap126nr9.jpg

bscap128ql4.jpg

bscap129ou2.jpg

bscap138ap5.jpg

Guest dunnie

Looks like we lost some posts here...

reposting preview translations for Ep 43-44 for those who might need them -

Ep43 (Fri 7-21) by dramaok

yoonhoo receives an absurd gift from gookwa and instead of getting angry yoonhoo puts on a big smile instead. next, shinhyeong is surprised to hear yoonhoo laugh so hard for the first time in a long time. gookhwa who continues to avoid wookyeong finally begs him to stop treating her like a poor little thing. okgeum finds gookhwa's picture in wookyeong's wallet and is very surprised. dongguk (mr. park) meets with jaeseo and retaliates on the matter of yoonjeong.

Ep44 (Mon 7-24) by snam124

gookhwa and wookyeong make an excuse to have dinner together and go to eat oysters, but they're caught and scolded by ok-geum. yoonhoo says they should hold off the engagement because of yoonjeong's mess and shinyeong gets angry at this and is tired that yoonhoo can't make up his mind.

(skipped hyesook, elder hong and poongoo part)

and here is Ep45 that still needs translation -

45회 ♡ 2006년 7월 25일 (화)

집으로 찾아온 국화의 맞선남을 보고 울컥해서는 무작정 국화를 끌고 나온 우경. 국화는 자신을 힘들게 만드는 건 아주머니가 아니라 오라버니라고 말한다.

재서와의 일로 힘든 윤정은 시시때때로 우경이 생각나자 당황스럽고 괴롭다.

미국으로 떠나기 전에 사과를 하고 싶다는 재서를 만나서 이별주를 마신 윤정은 자신도 모르게 우경에게 전화를 걸고 만다.

Guest dramaok

45회 ♡ 2006년 7월 25일 (화)

집으로 찾아온 국화의 맞선남을 보고 울컥해서는 무작정 국화를 끌고 나온 우경. 국화는 자신을 힘들게 만드는 건 아주머니가 아니라 오라버니라고 말한다.

재서와의 일로 힘든 윤정은 시시때때로 우경이 생각나자 당황스럽고 괴롭다.

미국으로 떠나기 전에 사과를 하고 싶다는 재서를 만나서 이별주를 마신 윤정은 자신도 모르게 우경에게 전화를 걸고 만다.

the man from matchmake date shows up at hong's house looking for gookhwa, and wookyeong pulls her out. gookhwa tells wookyeong his mom is not the one who's making her life hard, rather it is him. yoonjeong is having a hard time with the matter of jaeseo but she is surprised that she keeps on thinking about wookyeong. jaeseo meets with yoonjeong and apologizes before he leaves for america. after his farewell, yoonjeong calls wookyeong without thinking...

-----------

i must say in ep. 43 yoonhoo was really sweet to give that assignment to gookhwa from his room just so she can rest for 3 hours. that was pretty touching. now he has some explaining to do to shinhyeong. also, i like the version of the theme song they had during that scene. it was still sung by goo hye seon but she sang it slower and softer. very cute voice.

Guest dunnie

dramaok, thanks for the preview translation! i think yoonhoo is attracted to gookhwa more each day and is becoming more considerate towards her...i wonder how he'll explain to shinhyeong...i noticed that song too...she has a very sweet voice...hope they'll have that in the OST when it comes out...

can i trouble you for some scene translations please? THANKS!

- what is the status of yoonjeong's marriage? i'm a bit confused about what's going on...are they getting divorced or ???

in ep 42 -

- why did okgeum and yoonhoo refuse gookhwa's money?

- what was the conversation betw. yoonhoo & gookhwa by the escalator after her computer class?

it's an interesting custom to give underwear to your family with your first paycheck...wonder what's the significance of underwear and how did she know everyone's size...lol... did gookhwa switched yoonhoo's & shinhyeong's presents by mistake?

it's also funny how yoonhoo's b-i-l stutters everytime he speaks to the mom...wonder if he'll ever overcome his fear of her...hahaha...

in ep43 -

- what did shinhyeong say to yoonhoo after gookhwa ran away w/the underpants? she seemed displeased?

- wookyeong & gookhwa's conversation at the coffee vending machine area

- was wookyeong & yoonhoo's convo in car about yoonjeong? does wookyeong know abt her problem now?

- what did shinhyeong ask yoonhoo by the elevator? i only know she kept saying 'wuli'...

dramaok - i just saw your signature...i love it... :w00t:

Guest krngrl3091

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

yoonhoo is soo SWEET to GH!!!

omg...i c the luv in the air!

and he is so happi to go back to the room after he rests....

did goo hye sun REALLI sing the ost?like the normal one too?

wow

Guest snam124

- what is the status of yoonjeong's marriage? i'm a bit confused about what's going on...are they getting divorced or ???

yes, i think yoonjeong is getting a divorce. her father met with jaeseo and yoonjeong's father in-law and told them that they should pretend that the marriage never happened.

- why did okgeum and yoonhoo refuse gookhwa's money?

gookhwa gave okgeum money for her room and board both okgeum refused saying that gookhwa should save her money so she can return to her homeland sooner.

i think yoonhoo told gookhwa to pay him back (for the watch i assume) in monthly installmants.

- what was the conversation betw. yoonhoo & gookhwa by the escalator after her computer class?

i don't remember exactly the conversation, but i think gookhwa was telling yoonhoo that she signed up for the computer class and how thankful she was that even the janitorial staff could take the course.

it's an interesting custom to give underwear to your family with your first paycheck...wonder what's the significance of underwear and how did she know everyone's size...lol... did gookhwa switched yoonhoo's & shinhyeong's presents by mistake?

i'm not positive what the significance of the underwear is but i notice that a lot of koreans give underclothes (long johns, underwear, etc) as gifts.

in ep43 -

- what did shinhyeong say to yoonhoo after gookhwa ran away w/the underpants? she seemed displeased?

- wookyeong & gookhwa's conversation at the coffee vending machine area

- was wookyeong & yoonhoo's convo in car about yoonjeong? does wookyeong know abt her problem now?

- what did shinhyeong ask yoonhoo by the elevator? i only know she kept saying 'wuli'...

- shinyeong asked yoonhoo what he was laughing about. she's alarmed because she's never seen him laugh so much in years. i think it bothers shinyeong that gookhwa's gift had this effect on yoonhoo.

-wookyeong thanks gookhwa for the gift (underwear). gookhwa asks wookyeong if he's wearing them today and they both laugh. wookyeong asks gookhwa if she's avoiding him. gookhwa answers that she's just been busy with work. she tells him that he's a good person who feels sorry for her and wants to always help her. but she tells him that wants to be less dependent on wookyeong and survive on her own. wookyeong asks if that's the only reason and it seems like he doesn't really believe her.

- in the car yoonhoo receives a call from his dad who tells him that he's meeting jaeseo and jaeseo's father. i don't remember if yoonhoo tells wookyeong the whole story regarding yoonjeong's marriage, but wookyeong knows that things aren't going well for yoonjeong.

- shinyeong sees yoonhoo staring at something (if she only knew that yoonhoo was staring at gookhwa!) shinyeong wants to know when they can talk about their relationship. shinyeong says they need to talk about their issues and yoonhoo asks what problems do they have. shinyeong is obviously annoyed and tells him to forget it but yoonhoo says they should have dinner together later.

i think gerryg's post got deleted regarding wookyeong and gookhwa's excuse to go eat dinner. the previews are pretty vague, but i don't think gookhwa goes to eat with wookyeong because she likes him. i think the "excuse" is for the adults or okgeum especially...that they're both working late and need to get dinner. (that's just my guess)

i LOVED how yoonhoo was so concerned for gookhwa and created some work for gookhwa in his office. he knew it wouldn't take long but gave her a few hours to work on it and told her not to go anywhere until he returns (but really he's just waiting in an empty conference room) it's hilarious how gookhwa snores...shinyeong walks into yoonhoo's office and asks, "what's that noise?" hahaha :P

Guest dramaok

thx snam. i loved the joke gookhwa tells wookyeong, asking if he's wearing the underwear she gave him. lol. wookyeong was so thrown off before realizing she's teasing him. hehehe.

btw i think the custom of giving underwear is a pretty old one. i remember when i was a kid adults told me when i get my first check after i grow up i'm supposed to buy my parents red underwear. i think it's supposed to signify your gratitude toward your parents who've raised you and giving underwear/longjohns is meaningful because it's something they keep close to them. also it's supposed to be red because the custom dates back from when korea was in poverty and red meant it was expensive cuz it had to be dyed/color treated. also, some ppl say it's supposed to be red so your parents can more easily show it off to ppl. lol. not sure if that's true but that's what i remember. but it's kind of an outdated custom. these days ppl prefer giving their parents money or taking them out to eat when they get their first paycheck. i mean, it's kinda weird buying underwear for your parents. and a lotta ppl buy gifts for the whole family, like makeup for female members and such. keke. i guess gookhwa just thought she was supposed to buy underwear for all the ppl who've helped her. anyways it's very thoughtful of her even though it created some humor with the switchoff and all...

i think yoonjeong and jaeseo had a wedding, but in an earlier episode, if i remember correctly, i think someone said they have yet to file their marriage so they can probably just not file the papers and it'll be like an annulment. that way they don't have to go through divorce preceedings. but not 100% sure.

looking forward to next week. things are getting a little complicated with the characters wondering if the one they love likes someone else....

and looks like jaeseo will be gone from the show soon. i'm pretty sure they will bring in a new guy soon. someone to pursue shnihyeong maybe? hehe.

2005112908252643059_1.jpg

jaeseo is played by singer seo han from the duet group 'indigo'. i think he also came out in 'the love that i want to kill' with bi.

Guest xiaowu58

i don't like the way wookyeong treats gookhwa today. doesn't he know that it's going to get gookhwa into trouble? gookhwa is already in an awkward situation because of him.

47회 ♡ 2006년 7월 27일 (목)

윤정은 본격적으로 우경을 공략하기 위해 UT 기획실장 비서로 들어간다.

신형은 한결 친절해지고 여유 있어진 윤후가 예전 같지 않고 자꾸만 낯설게 느껴진다.

노래교실에서 한바탕 난리를 피웠던 빚쟁이들이 다시 혜숙을 찾아와 가게를 난장판으로 만들고, 그 순간 홍영감이 흑기사처럼 나타나 혜숙을 구해준다.

Guest snam124

47회 ♡ 2006년 7월 27일 (목)

윤정은 본격적으로 우경을 공략하기 위해 UT 기획실장 비서로 들어간다.

신형은 한결 친절해지고 여유 있어진 윤후가 예전 같지 않고 자꾸만 낯설게 느껴진다.

노래교실에서 한바탕 난리를 피웠던 빚쟁이들이 다시 혜숙을 찾아와 가게를 난장판으로 만들고, 그 순간 홍영감이 흑기사처럼 나타나 혜숙을 구해준다.

in order to genuinely capture wookyeong, yoonjeong enters UT to work as a personal assistant to the Senior Planner (not sure if that's the correct title for yoonhoo). shinyeong finds it remarkable that yoonhoo is all of a sudden friendly and laid back and she gets an uneasy feeling about it.

elder hong/hye sook part - the same ladies that threatened her in the music hall arrive at her diner and make a mess and elder hong comes to her rescue.

Guest mily2

thank you mic & sara for all the wonderful summaries/ spoilers.. and yes.. please bring in another HOT guy.. at this point, I really don't care for which female character.. I just want another hot guy in there.. haha.. :lol: .. YH is starting to grow on me.. I wasn't very fond of him since he was so bad in Mr. Goodbye ( the first time I saw him in a drama) and his character in this drama didn't help much in the beginning.. but all that is changing.. I love his smile now.. and I think he's the sweetest "boss" ever - ( only to our dear gookhwa though).. he still needs alot of work.. considering he's kinda still whatever to his current "girlfriend".. hehe.. but I know that he will be very dedicate & sweet to his "future girlfriend" ;)

Guest dunnie

dramaok & snam - thanks for your translations...you two are the best!!! :D

hey emily...there's a new "hot" guy...gookhwa's matchmake date...LOL...actually he looks like a gangster...let's see how many eps he'll last...

if yoonjeong's marriage papers weren't filed and her marriage is annulled, that means her "record" is clean and ok-geum will surely accept her later...at the current rate, i think she'll be glad of any girl for wookyeong except gookhwa! it seems that ok-geum blames everything on gookhwa and is making it difficult for her around the house but that might backfire because wookyeong might just defend gookhwa more and more....

in ep44, what's yoonhoo's explanation to shinhyeong when they found gookhwa asleep in his office? also what's their conversation in the cafe a bit into the ep? shinhyeong is getting more displeased w/yoonhoo the past few eps...i hope she's not one of those nice characters who turns nasty later on...i'm with dramaok,

they've to bring in another nice great guy for shinhyeong because she deserves someone who really loves her.

looks like kbs just posted ep46...

46회 ♡ 2006년 7월 26일 (수)

윤정에게 함부로 말하는 재서를 향해 주먹을 날린 우경. 윤정은 의외의 터프한 모습에 반해 더욱더 우경을 좋아하게 된다.

홍영감과 풍구가 이웃사촌으로 굳어지자 혜숙은 왠지 시원섭섭하다.

우경과 국화사이를 염려하는 옥금은 국화에게 집을 나가서 살면 어떻겠냐는 말을 꺼낸다. 그 사실을 안 우경은 자신이 대신 집을 나가겠다고 말해 집안싸움이 일어나는데..

Guest dramaok

in ep44, what's yoonhoo's explanation to shinhyeong when they found gookhwa asleep in his office?

he simply said she was translating something for him. shinhyeong asked if gookhwa is the only one in the entire office who knows chinese and yoonhoo responds saying she was right outside the office and so he asked her (lie hehe).. then yoonhoo said shinhyeong was the one who told him to be nice to gookhwa since it's been so hard for her. shinhyeong then says to talk later.

also what's their conversation in the cafe a bit into the ep?

yoonhoo told her they should postpone their engagement w/ all that's happened with yoonjeong and all. shinhyeong gets angry, saying she can understand that but what she's angry about is how he disregards her feelings and her stance, how he can just say that so matter-of-factly without thinking about how that affects her. yoonhoo says she's still overreacting and she storms out and says they should postpone the engagement it's for the better.

46회 ♡ 2006년 7월 26일 (수)

윤정에게 함부로 말하는 재서를 향해 주먹을 날린 우경. 윤정은 의외의 터프한 모습에 반해 더욱더 우경을 좋아하게 된다.

홍영감과 풍구가 이웃사촌으로 굳어지자 혜숙은 왠지 시원섭섭하다.

우경과 국화사이를 염려하는 옥금은 국화에게 집을 나가서 살면 어떻겠냐는 말을 꺼낸다. 그 사실을 안 우경은 자신이 대신 집을 나가겠다고 말해 집안싸움이 일어나는데..

ep. 46 (wed 7-26):

wookyeong punches jaeseo who talks to yoonjeong disrespectfully.

yoonjeong who sees the tough side of wookyeong likes him even more.

(skip hong boys and hyesook)

ok-geum who worries over wookyeong and gookhwa's developing relationship asks gookhwa what she thinks about moving out.

wookyeong who finds out about it says he'll move out instead, and thus a household fight begins at the hong's.

wookyeong loves gookhwa so much. i feel so bad for him.

Guest kwave06

actually, i find gukhwa to be irritating everyday that i watch her. today they showed her scenes of her kneeling before yunhu and asking for forgiveness. in our local jargon she is the ultimate baduy and chaka. the only character i like in pure 19 is wookyeong. i hope he ends up with the rich barbie doll . i find shinyeong to be too plain for comfort. can't they find a better looking actress?

Guest HmmlOL

How many episodes does this drama have?

Because I'm thinking of watching it.. but since its already on like episode 42 I don't want to start it if it goes up to like 100.. too many to catch up to!

Archived