Cha Seung-Won 차승원 [Upcoming Movies: “Believer 2”, “Tyrant”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Guest kdramafanusa

thanks for the pic overload! speaking of rescuing my wife, any news of fashion king? thanks!

Unless there will be changes in the future, I don't think he'll be doing Fashion King.

I'm guessing that his next project will be a movie (he's in at least 1 movie every year for the last decade), but we'll have to wait & see. I hope he'll work with Jeon Do-Yeon, Kim Ji-Soo, Son Ye-Jin, Jang Jin-Young someday....

White Tower was supposed to end his 4-year hiatus from television, but his schedule didn't work out. Took 6 years instead...

Here's a small animation I made of CSW from "The City Hall" behind the scene.

http://rapidshare.com/files/252421058/CSW-...Sorry_dance.gif

Your gif didn't show up for me.

- Cha Seung-Won & Seol Kyung-Gu became good friends after filming together for several months.

- SKG and Song Yoon-Ah tied the knots earlier this year.

- CSW and SYA are co-starring in upcoming film Saving My Wife

thanks for the info

SYA is my favorite k-actress so i have watched Jailbreakers for many times, and I'll will continue to watch it more & more cuz it's really good movie, it makes me laugh & laugh :D

then, plz share pic & clip of saving my wife if you have

BTW, i'm at ep 13 of City Hall, great drama to me, so far

Guest kdramafanusa

2004 film "Ghost House"

[will edit with link here]

[source=KoreanFilm.org]

The Best Selling Films of 2004

1. Taegukgi

2. My Little Bride

3. Once Upon a Time in High School

4. Ghost House

5. A Moment to Remember

6. My Brother

7. Fighter in the Wind

8. Windstruck

9. Romance of Their Own

10. The Big Swindle

ghosthousej.gifGhost House

(Adam Hartzell)

With all the talk of the greatness of such actors as Choi Min-shik, Song Kang-ho, and Sol Kyung-gu, one can be concerned that actors who aren't as great but definitely know their craft might get lost. Cha Seung-won (Kick The Moon, Jailbreakers) is just such an actor. I was first introduced to Cha's talents when Q urged me to check out My Teacher, Mr. Kim. Just as Cha is not a brilliant actor, this is not a brilliant film, just a good one. But Cha's ability to present an unlikable character's evolution to likeability sparked my interest in his work. And it is Cha's presence in the entertaining Ghost House that saves the film at the beginning when director Kim Sang-jin's pacing is less precisely tuned than the wonderful second half.

ghosthouse2.jpg

Cha plays Park Pil-gi, a man who has worked hard in order to buy his first home. And this will indeed be his first home, for we are provided flashbacks of his youth where his single father treks from rental to rental throughout Pil-gi's youth. It is on one of these moves that Pil-gi's father suffers a heart attack and dies. A lot is tied up in Pil-gi's purchase of a home beyond just pride in ownership. Unfortunately, the home he has purchased is haunted. The first half of Ghost House consists of purposely comic horrors of the ghost wanting Pil-gi to leave her home. (You know from the posters advertising the film that the ghost is a she (TV star Jang Seo-hee - The Crescent Moon), so I didn't give away anything.) None of the effects are intended to scare since this is, first and foremost, a comedy. This is Kim Sang-jin directing this, people. The most successful of recent comedy directors in South Korea, his success continues here with Ghost House being the fourth highest grossing Korean film of 2004. As if citing his own history, Kim cleverly appropriates Attack the Gas Station, the first of his successful comedies, along with the horrorifying-ly successful Ringu for the first sign of the house being haunted.

Although Pil-gi is freaked out enough to sell this home, he is worried about cutting too great a loss. And the whole town knows the house is haunted which scares away potential buyers. Pil-gi's despondency regarding all of this eventually results in his befriending his boss at the shipyard (Jang Hang-seon - Tell Me Something, The Foul King), a man whom we learn has a sixth sense. That is, he can see dead people. Eventually Pil-gi, after lightening electrocution, develops this skill as well, allowing him to see the uninvited guest who thinks Pil-gi is the uninvited guest, and it is here that the film gets good, such as a nice scene of mistaken infidelity with Pil-gi's girlfriend. (There's more to discover in this film that I have not told you, such as why the ghost still lingers at the house, and another plot twist emerges that will resolve with an Attack the Demolition Site fight scene, so don't be concerned that I've told you too much.)

Kim Sang-jin shows that he still has what it takes, this being his fourth straight successful comedy. He has relied on Cha for three of these successes, and as much as I'd love to see more of Cha, perhaps Kim should branch out some. (Like, how 'bout giving my favorite comedian Kwon Hae-hyo a vehicle?) Although not a film that had me guffawing violently, (a good thing since I watched this film while recovering from lower back surgery), the film did have me going beyond a simple smile of appreciation to laughing out loud.

There are faults to the film. Most particularly a scene that seriously lessens the theatrical impact. I am speaking of Pil-gi's three attempts to exorcise the home, with indigenous shaman, Catholic priest, and Buddhist monk. Kim chooses to set these up as three separate frames on the screen, the left half of the screen taken up entirely by the one he intends us to focus on, and the right half of the screen split horizontally by the other two. Each exorcism gets some time on the left side. Although this technique may be explained partly as an effort to be expeditious with the narration, since showing all three would have added even more minutes to this film that tracks at just barely below 2 hours, my initial watching of this sequence was frustrating, because I appeared to be missing funny moments while attending to the exorcism featured on the left half. (I found myself particularly drawn to the shaman scenes since they had Pil-gi humorously bouncing along in cymbal time with the shaman.) I assume others watching this in a theatre would experience the same frustration and confusion. DVD technology allows us to go back and watch each exorcism completely, but rewinding lessens the impact of the totality of the film. Kim could have edited down some other scenes to allow more space for the full effect of each exorcism's antics.

(I must note that it appears that an animal was harmed in the making of this film, a chicken. I would like to assume that the chicken's remains were prepared for a meal later, but I don't know. Although this act is ethically critiqued immediately and yet again later in the film, a critique that is Korean-specific in that chicken blood is supposed to ward off spirits but here instead it creates vengeful ones, with all the CGI special effects throughout this film, you wonder why they didn't also utilize CGI for the effect of a chicken getting its head cut off rather than going for the documentary effect. And this documentary effect is the only time such a style is utilized in the film, making it inconsistent. Regardless of the cultural differences here, as Darcy has noted in his review of Blood Rain, which also stars Cha, such acts of animal slaughter will sour the reception of such films in certain other areas of the world, particularly the US, if directors intend to seek distribution in these areas.)

The film is not a complete success, but I was definitely entertained. It appears that Kim's audience isn't asking for greatness, they are just asking for consistency of comedic effect. And so far, Kim's house of comedy has nothing to be scared of.

Guest kdramafanusa

Streaming. I don't know which one is subbed though, I didn't open them.

Most of them are LQs, I recommend buying/renting the ones you like on VCDs/DVDs from one of your local shops and/or some trustworthy online shops if possible. :)

*** Films ***

Eye For An Eye (2008): [part 1 | part2]

My Son (2007): [complete]

Murder, Take One / The Big Scene (2005): [complete]

Blood Rain (2005): [part 1 | part2]

Ghost House (2004): complete

My Teacher, Mr Kim (2003): [1]

Jail Breakers (2002): [Part 1 | Part 2]

Kick The Moon (2001): youtube

Libera Me (2000): [complete]

Small Town Rivals (2007): [complete]

South Of The Border (2006): []

Ghost In Love (1999): [part 1 | part2]

If The Sun Rises In The West (1998): [A | B | C | D | E]

*** TV ***

Roses & Beansprout (MBC, 1999)

Message (SBS, 1999): 1

messaged.jpg

Guest kdramafanusa

plz share pic & clip of saving my wife if you have

Hi Demen, thanks for posting. :)

I haven't been following K-ent news too closely lately, but will sure keep an eye on SMW. :)

I look forward to its release.

Did you see the bts clips of Jailbreakers before? The 3 leads got along so well, it's cute how they kept teasing her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[source=KoreanFilm.org]

The Best Selling Films of 2000

1. JSA

2. The Foul King

3. Bichunmoo

4. The Legend of Gingko

5. Libera Me

libera.gifLibera Me

(Darcy Paquet)

As local production companies churn out more and more high-budget films, Korean blockbusters face serious competition for the first time in their short history. Libera Me opened on November 11 in a highly competitive atmosphere, opposite the much-anticipated The Legend of Gingko and only two weeks after The Siren, another action film centered around firefighters. While at first overshadowed by its bigger rival Gingko, Libera Me has gathered momentum over time, and has drawn deserved praise for its well-crafted action and drama.

The story centers around a mentally-unbalanced arsonist and the firefighters who struggle to stop him. Although thoroughly conventional in its subject matter, the film manages to feel fresh through skilled direction and strong acting from its all-star cast. Special praise goes to leads Choi Min-soo, Yoo Ji-tae, and Cha Seung-won who complement each other well (the group also forms perhaps the best-looking acting trio in recent memory). Among a strong cast of supporting characters, Park Sang-myun (The Foul King) stands out and Kim Kyu-ri (Whispering Corridors) rescues the film from being a thoroughly male-centered affair, even if her character does seem to serve no purpose.

The makers of Libera Me made full use of their US$4 million budget in bringing their spectacle to the screen. Shot in Pusan with the enthusiastic support of the city and its local fire department, the film deserves exceptional praise for its special effects. Spurning the use of miniatures, the film was shot in real buildings throughout Pusan using a special synthetic oil that allowed the crew to use actual fire. For a key scene involving a gas station, a life-size set was constructed and detonated at a cost of some US$250,000.

Director Yang Yoon-ho boasts one of the stranger resumes in the Korean film community. His debut work Yuri, which centers around a Buddhist monk, won critical praise as well as an invitation to the 1996 Cannes Film Festival. However, his subsequent features -- Mister Condom (1997), Zzang (1998), and White Valentine (1999), all failed to impress critics while doing little at the box-office. White Valentine in particular is bizarrely unique in its framing of a silly melodramatic script with long shots and no camera movement (sort of like a cross between Spring in My Hometown and The Letter). With Libera Me, however, Yang seems more at ease with his craft, and aside from some jarring ellipses he delivers poignant action scenes shot with cinematic flair.

The movie's title, which means 'save me' in Latin, was taken from a movement of French composer Gabriel Faure's Requiem, which also serves as the soundtrack's main theme. The music suits the film well, imparting a tragic air to one of the more intelligently-shot Korean blockbusters in the short history of the genre.

Guest kdramafanusa

Copy/paste the link to URL box (doesn't work if you click on it directly)

MBC Sunday Cha Seung-Won Health Club (2006-02-26 ~ 2006-04-16):

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/sundaynight/health/

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

Source: CHOSUN Updated July.18,2007 09:58 KST

Trainer Reveals Secrets to Super Body

200707180015_00.jpg

Choi Seong-jo, the trainer famous for shaping Korean actor Cha Seung-won. / Samsung Books

"Who knows the two ways to build a perfect body?" a professor asks his students during a physiology class. A student quickly raises his hand and says with confidence, "Patience and perseverance." Wrong. The answer is push-ups and squats.

Choi Seong-jo, the trainer who's famous for shaping Korea's top actor Cha Seung-won, is of the same opinion. "Simple weight training with dumbbells is all you need to build great muscles." And he claims it only takes four weeks. Here Choi shares his tips for toning your body.

◆ Weight loss secrets - jump rope and power walking

Choi's secrets to helping chubby comedian Jeong Hyeong-don shed 11 kg in just seven weeks are power walking and jump rope. In power walking, your strides are more effective if you bend your arms 90 degrees and swing them back and forth until you feel your chest muscles stretch. Jump rope is also very effective for burning off weight. Choi recommends 20 sets of 50 jumps with a 20 second break between each set. If you don't sweat much, you can try wearing a specially designed suit that will help you sweat. If your goal is to lose weight, it's more effective to exercise for a long period of time at mid to low intensity. Going from fast to slow, hard to easy, also helps.

◆ Are dumbbells really all you need?

Choi says that weight training using your own body weight and dumbbells is a basic way to build a muscular body. If you want great abs, try pulling your knees toward your chest. Sit on the edge of a chair with both hands holding on to the sides. Lean your body back, put your legs together and slowly raise them up. Breathe out while bringing your knees toward your chest. Hold them for three seconds and then slowly extend your legs.

For a toned chest, Choi says push-ups are the way to go. Also try raising dumbbells with your back on the floor. Lie down, bend your knees, grasp the dumbbells in your hands and with your arms extended raise them over your chest. Slowly lower your arms back to the floor and hold them for three seconds just before your elbows touch the floor. Repeat.

For shoulder muscles, try lifting dumbbells over your head while seated or lifting them up to shoulder height while standing. Chair push-ups are a great way to strengthen the muscles in your arms. To stimulate your thigh muscles, bend your knees and then straighten them in three sets of 12.

◆ Run on an empty stomach; water before alcohol

Healthy habits also play a big role in building the body of your dreams. Choi runs for 30 minutes on an empty stomach every morning, after which he eats a protein and mineral rich breakfast like tofu, mushrooms and salad. He only takes one drink of water every 10 minutes while exercising. He works out three days a week and rests the other four days. To maximize the impact of the previous work out, he stretches for 30 minutes on his off days.

Choi recommends stretching your legs as soon as you wake up, by bending your body forward and sideways with your legs spread, and stretching the whole body while lying down. He also recommends drinking a sport drink, but if you must drink juice, choose tomato juice with less sugar. Tofu and powdered green tea are good for you as well. When you go out for a drink, choose light appetizers like tofu and veggies and remember to drink plenty of water.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Guest kdramafanusa

August 2005 articles from Chosun

Cha Seung-won: Not Groomed for Stardom

20050802610230.jpg

Cha Seung-won is probably the most gregarious and approachable person there is, a small miracle given the star's instantly recognizable face. "Do I feel uncomfortable when I go to public places filled with crowds? Do you think I do? I'm not an idol who was groomed for stardom. I go to grocery store and shop all alone every day."

His new film, "48 Hours Live Broadcast" {Murder, Take One / The Big Scene}, which goes on release on Aug. 11, is a detective thriller with a touch of director Jang Jin's unique sense of humor. Cha plays the role of Choi Yeon-ki, a hot-tempered prosecutor who tenaciously digs into a murder case. When he interrogates the suspect (played by Shin Ha-kyun) or yells at a TV producer, his face generates a frightening tension. But that tension can dissolve into explosive laughter as the actor flits from drama to comedy, from suspense to release with a subtle movement of his eyebrows.

Cha carries a large bag reminiscent of a graduate student's full of screenplays studded with Post-Its, notebooks and a diary. That suggests an unusual sense of responsibility, and the weight of the bag is doubled by the weight of expectation for the new movie. "Of course I want the movie to be a blockbuster," Cha says. "Many people can be just happy to hear how good they were in the movie, even if it was dismal failure in terms of box-office profits." But this actor lacks the complacency. "When you step onto the plate, you at least have to get a single, not strike out." There is another reason ticket sales matter: "The box-office profits are important because they reward the efforts of the crew," he says.

englishnews@chosun.com / 8 02, 2005 20:16 KST

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_d...5080261023.html

~~~~~

A Month for Movie Fans

2005080461007_0.jpg

From top: Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, Welcome to Dongmak-gol, 48 Hours Live Broadcast.

....On August 11 it's showtime for Cha Seung-won's "48 Hour Live Broadcast." Unveiled to the press just a few days ago, the film brims with the virtues that make a great mass-audience thriller, chock-full of mystery, suspense and excitement and with a plot that moves along at a cracking pace. It will be shown on some 300 screens nationwide....

englishnews@chosun.com / 8 04, 2005 17:04 KST

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_d...5080261023.html

Guest kdramafanusa

Schedule (thanks to friends who send me info from time to time on him):

1. Photo shoots with Bazaar and Allure magazines on July 10.

2. His daughter's on summer break so his family will be traveling oversea for ~2 weeks.

Source: official website + Annasui06074@CSWbar (c-translation)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cha Seung-Won and Lussoso SUMMER EVENT

1139961391833.jpg

http://www.fntoday.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=11399

LUSSOSO WITH STAR

http://www.lussoso.com/?doc=html/main/view.php

1d7cc010_10.jpg

3764d296_9.jpg

409f7f0c_8.jpg

422b81c6_7.jpg

d1e313b8_6.jpg

don't like this picture...

1fe7eb63_4.jpg

Guest EnDlEsS88

thank u kdramafanusa and everyone else 4 d updates...he is really hot!

btw...i dont think the french actor and CSW resemble each other....ouri CSW is way HOTTER ;)

Guest kdramafanusa

KBS drama Bodyguard (2003) [official | KBS World]

bodyguard1.jpg

bo080922b.jpg

body0627004br.jpg

wallpaper7.jpg

more wallpapers | photo

{2003 KBS Grand Prize was won by Kim Hye-Soo (his co-star in 2001 movie 'Kick The Moon')}

TV Dramas' Actresses Line up for Award Ceremony Takeover

'Woman power' is set to sweep the award ceremonies, as the big three broadcasting companies are preparing for the acting awards ceremonies for the year 2003. Women actors have their names on the list of candidates for the best actor/actress awards in all three companies. Some speculate that the grand prize for all three broadcasting companies could be taken by women.

In the case of MBC, there's no doubting that an actress will get the highest honor in this year's award ceremony. Lee Yeong-ae, 32, the heroine of "Daejanggeum" and Ha Ji-won, 25, the star of "Damo," are in close competition to be that woman, as both TV dramas enjoyed massive popularity. The competition is likely to be won by whoever is favored by viewers in their 20s and 30s, and by Internet users. {Grand Prize went to Lee Yeong-ae; Ha Ji-won won Best Actress, Most Popular Actress, and Best Couple (with co-star Lee Seo-jin) awards.}

Over at KBS, actor Cha Seung-won, from "Bodyguard," and actress Kim Hye-su, from "Jangheebin," are the top two candidates. Kim Hye-su seems to have edge over Cha; despite a disappointing start at the beginning, Kim Hye-su pushed "Jangheebin" to ratings over 30 percent. {Grand Prize went to Kim Hye-su; Cha Seung-won won Best & Most Popular Actor awards.}

2003122961019_0.jpg

From left, Kim Hye-su, Kim Hee-ae, Ha Ji-won and Lee Yeong-ae.

"All In," with ratings nearing 50 percent, has established itself as the best SBS drama of this year, and its star, Lee Byung-hun, is considered a favorite. Kim Hee-ae, however, who showed off her acting skills in "Perfect Love," is getting the overwhelming support of married women. Moreover, she is leading the other actresses in an Internet poll, thanks to the support from the members of the Perfect Love fan club.

The attention of TV viewers are now centered on whether these women actors -- Lee Yeong-ae, Kim Hye-su, and Kim Hee-ae -- will win the best actor/actress award in their companies. If so, some even speculate that actresses in their 30s will be the next hot thing.

(Kim Tae-geun, amicus@sportschosun.com)

amicus@sportschosun.com / 12-29, 2003 19:48 KST

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_d...3122961019.html

1208493805bodyguard.jpg

Guest kdramafanusa

[source=KoreaSparkling]

Drama Set: City Hall

2732701135.jpg

76301611.jpg

The drama City Hall attracted a great deal of attention before it had even started airing on TV. It was produced by drama writer Kim Eunsuk and producer Sin Ucheol, who were behind the incredibly popular dramas, “Lovers in Paris” and “On Air”, and who are considered to be a drama dream team. The drama is set in a fictional city called called Inju City, where a woman who had one of the lowest ranks in the civil service, is suddenly elected to be the city’s mayor. Sin Mirae (played by actress Kim Sun-a) and a crafty high-ranking official named Jo Guk (played by actor Cha Seung-won) come together in this romantic black comedy set in a political organization. The drama revealed the lives of the people in Korea’s political organizations, especially the everyday dramas that take place in the regional cities. The drama has a realistic style, and viewers got caught up in the romances, intrigues, and scandals of Inju’s City Hall.

Drama

Director : Sin Ucheol

Writer : Kim Eunsuk

Starring : Kim Sun-a, Cha Seung-won, Chu Sang-mi, Lee Hyeong-Cheol

Broadcasting Service : SBS

Airing Schedule : April 29, 2009-July 2, 2009

Website : http://tv.sbs.co.kr/cityhall/ (KOR, ENG, japanese, CHI)

Story Overview

76301614.jpg

Sin Mirae is the lowest ranking public servant working in Inju City Hall. Her main job is to serve coffee to the high-ranking public officials. She seems to be rather ordinary and has nothing special to brag about. She doesn’t have an outstanding academic ability, financial means, or a well-connected family to help her stand out from the crowd. One day, however, she takes part in a beauty contest, in the hope of winning the cash prize, and gets fired from the City Hall for having “damaged the reputation of a civil servant.” To everyone’s surprise, however, she returns to the City Hall elected as the new mayor of Inju. Her ordinary image moved the hearts of the town’s citizens, and with the help of the powerful Jo Guk, she wins the election. After she is elected, she begins to reform the bureaucratic culture of the City Hall administration and becomes a truly great mayor who is genuinely working for her people.

Profiles of the Characters

Sin Mirae (Played by Kim Sun-a)

Aged almost forty, she ends up taking part in a beauty contest in the hope of winning the cash prize to solve her financial problems. To many people’s surprise, she is elected as the mayor of Inju to replace the mayor that she had a role in bringing down. She knows nothing about politics and has no political background to lean on, but she fights her way to victory and due to her genuine nature wins the hearts of the people. She establishes her own solutions and policies by seeking to serve the people’s real interests and their needs. Unlike a typical politician, she actually executes what she believes in and despite numerous mistakes and tearful episodes, she becomes a mayor who is respected by everyone.

Jo Guk (Played by Cha Seung-won)

763016115.jpg

Jo Guk is the kind of politician who does not hesitate to use his people to accomplish his own purposes. He is a cold-hearted, cool-headed character who believes that with enough power and cash, he can make anyone a mayor, a congressman, or even a president. His ambition is to become the president of Korea one day, but he runs up against this woman who challenges his beliefs. Sin Mirae was elected only to be a puppet mayor for his political ambition, but she begins do have her own thoughts and do real work for the people. Jo Guk decides to remove her but finds that this is difficult to do, as she will not be swayed by political power or cash bribes.

Min Juhwa (Played by Chu Sang-mi)

Min Juhwa has worked hard to be the perfect woman and the envy of others. She is a typical glamorous female character with a pretty face and a good figure, but behind all her glamour, she hides a great political ambition. Originally she wanted to be the Hillary Clinton of Korea, but she realized that her husband had no chance of becoming president, so with her good looks and large quantities of cash, she decides to get into politics herself. One day, Sin Mirae , who she regarded as such a trivial person, returns to the City Hall as mayor. To add salt to the wound, Min Juhwa’s husband, who up until now didn’t have the slightest interest in politics, emerges as a strong sponsor of Sin.

Lee Jeong-do (Played by Lee Hyeong-cheol)

He got married because of his wife’s glamorous looks and the irresistible temptation of her money. However, the marriage does not go too smoothly and they end up living separately. One day, he resigns from City Hall due to his involvement in the beauty contest, which Sin took part in. Despite her low ranking position, Sin was the only person he confided in. When Sin is elected mayor, he returns to the City Hall and becomes a vice mayor working as her right hand. His wife is unhappy about the situation, but nevertheless he tries to be a protective umbrella for Sin, so that she can live up to the beliefs for the people.

Introduction to Filming Locations

* Jeongokhang Port in Hwaseong

In Chapter 11 of the drama, Jo Guk and Sin Mirae have a date on a luxury boat and enjoy time together out at sea. The scenes were filmed at Jeongok in Hwaseong. From the port you can see numerous boats and yachts out at sea, which is a very attractive view. International events such as the ‘Korea International Boat Show & World Match Racing Tour’ take place here, and this area can be reached within a 1-2 hour drive from Seoul. Visitors can try out a range of activities, such as fishing and clam collecting.

Address : Jeongok-hang, Hwaseong-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea

Tourist Information : +82-31-1330 (KOR, ENG, japanese, CHI)

Getting There :

*Take bus 1004 in front of Suwon Station (subway line 1) and get off at Jeongok-hang port.

*Take bus 330 in front of Geumjeong station (subway lines 1 and 4) and get off at Jeongok-hang port.

* Gangwondo

Filming Route: Deoksan Beach Resort → Rape Flower Fields in Maengbang → Beach Sculpture Park → Mureung Valley

In chapter 8 of the drama, Jo Guk abruptly suggests to Sin that they take a trip together. On their trip, they ride bicycles, go camping in valleys, and have fun together. All of the scenes during of this trip were filmed in Gangwondo province.

Samcheok Tourist Information Website

http://tour.samcheok.go.kr (KOR, ENG, japanese, CHI)

-> Deoksan Beach Resort

763016110.jpg

This is where Sin Mirae and Jo Guk ride bicycles together. This beach resort is known for its pine forest, white sandy beach, and water shallow enough for all members of the family to enjoy. This resort has great facilities for visitors. It is the final destination of a weekend trip that starts from Cheongnyangni station, which is called "Fantastic coastal train ride". Every summer, this resort is a popular holiday destination and is packed with people. A range of programs and events are offered in the beach resort, including catching flatfish with your bare hands.

Address : Deoksan-ri, Geundeok-myeon, Samcheok-si, Gangwon-do

Getting There : From Seoul Express Bus Terminal, take a bus to Samcheok Express Bus Terminal. (4 hours 30min bus ride). From Samcheok Express Bus Terminal, take a taxi (app. 6000won-7000won) or take a bus to Deoksan

Beach Main Season : July 10, 2009-August 20, 2009

Inquiries : +82-33-572-3011 / +82-33-572-3677

Tourist Information : +82-33-1330 (KOR, ENG, japanese, CHI)

-> Rape Flower Fields in Maengbang

763016112.jpg

Sin Mirae and Jo Guk ride their bicycles through a field of rape flowers near Maengbang Beach in Samcheok. Flower festivals take place here very April. The Rape Flower Festival takes place when the yellow and green of the rape flower fields contrast spectacularly with the blue waters of Maengbang Beach Resort. During the festival period, there are singing contests and other events, and visitors can pick strawberries.

Address : Sangmaengbang-ni, Geundeok-myeon, Samcheok-si, Gangwon-do

Getting There : From Seoul Express Bus Terminal, take a bus to Samcheok Express Bus Terminal. From the bus terminal, take a taxi (app. 4000won~5000won)

Inquiries : +82-33-570-3372

-> Beach Sculpture Park

The place where Sin Mirae takes lots of photos of herself amongst the rocks on the seashore is Samcheok’s Beach Sculpture Park. The beach has some 10 sculptures on display, which gives this coastal area a great atmosphere This is a great spot for taking a break while driving, especially during the summer season. It’s also a famous spot for watching the sunrise, as it looks very impressive with the sculptures in the fore ground. There is a café called “Café Marine Deck”, where visitors can enjoy tea or coffee and a great view of the ocean.

Address : Gyodong (Samcheok Beach Resort) of Samcheok-si, Gangwon-do

Getting There : From Seoul Express Bus Terminal, take a bus to Samcheok Express Bus Terminal. From the bus terminal, take a taxi (app. 6000won-7000won)

Inquiries : +82-33-572-2011

-> Mureung Valley

763016113.jpg

The spot where Sin Mirae and Jo Guk finally spend a night together is the Mureung Valley in Samhwadong of Donghae-si. This valley is known for its fresh clear waters and spectacular scenery, which draws a large crowd of visitors every summer. At the entry of the valley, there is a huge rock, which is large enough to accommodate up to a hundred people at a time and is a favorite resting spot during summer time. After about an hour of hiking through this scenic valley, you will come across the Ssang Falls (Twin Falls) and Yongchu Falls. The Ssang Falls are known for their majestic scale, and the Yongchu Falls for being the place where Koreans used to come to perform a special ritual to pray for rain. Both falls are the highlight of the Mureung valley.

Address : Samhwa-dong 267, Donghae-si, Gangwon-do

Getting There : From Seoul Express Bus Terminal, take a bus to Donghae Express Bus Terminal. Across the street from the bus terminal, take bus 12-4, 12-6, or 12-7. Get off at Mureung Valley (final stop)

Opening Hours : 09:00 - 18:00 (open until 20:00 during Summer)

Inquiries : +82-33- 532-2801/ +82-33-534-7306

Admission Fee : * Adults: 1,500won/ Youths: 1,000won / Children: 600won

Guest kimchi Jjigae

not an active member in soompi, just wanna express my love to Cha Seung Won, Jo Guk, Gumi couple and City Hall!!!!

CSW is really damn hot!

Guest mii_chan

hi..hi..

same with @kimchi Jjigae ,, im kinda not active in soompi but now curious bout CSW after watching City Hall

he wont play in Fashion King?? sad,, AddEmoticons0021.gif

wanna see him in a nu drama AddEmoticons00233.gif

Guest jastinel

Streaming. I don't know which one is subbed though, I didn't open them.

Most of them are LQs, I recommend buying/renting the ones you like on VCDs/DVDs from one of your local shops and/or some trustworthy online shops if possible. :)

*** Films ***

Eye For An Eye (2008): [part 1 | part2]

My Son (2007): [complete]

Murder, Take One / The Big Scene (2005): [complete]

Blood Rain (2005): [part 1 | part2]

Ghost House (2004): complete

My Teacher, Mr Kim (2003): [1]

Jail Breakers (2002): [Part 1 | Part 2]

Kick The Moon (2001): youtube

Libera Me (2000): [complete]

Small Town Rivals (2007): [complete]

South Of The Border (2006): []

Ghost In Love (1999): [part 1 | part2]

If The Sun Rises In The West (1998): [A | B | C | D | E]

*** TV ***

Roses & Beansprout (MBC, 1999)

Message (SBS, 1999): 1

messaged.jpg

Thanks Helena for the link to his movie! I`m still DL-ding his movie Eye for an Eye.

Do you have any info on when his movie Saving my wife will be release?

I hope He can have an exclusive interview too, and hopefully with Suna again.

Guest JeatvVoon

Your gif didn't show up for me.

Are you sure? I checked the link, should be ok. Anyway, I'll post it once more.

CSW-Sorry_Sorry_dance.gif

If anyone is interested, I have some of his movies, dvd-rips. If you guys want, I can upload them. Here's what I've got:

(EDIT: I've linked the movies I've already uploaded.)

# Eye for an Eye (2008)

# A Day With My Son (2007)

# Somewhere Over the Border (2006)

# Murder, Take One / The Big Scene (2005)

# Blood Rain (2005)

# Ghost House (2004)

# Jail Breakers (2002)

EDIT:

# My Teacher, Mr. Kim (2003)

# Kick The Moon (2001)

# Break Out (2002)

# Project X (2003)

# Libera Me