Update: The New (chinese) F4, Renamed To 'h4'

Guest leongfun

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Laylachan

I too hope I don't get bash for my post: :D

I think Ill give this drama a try. The "original" story FROM THE MANGA is a very complex one, and entertaining. Don't judge a book by its cover. In the end, acting brings out the characters and make the story flow not the actor's/actress's looks.

The most recent version (korean): Lee Min ho and Kimbum carried the acting for me. Hyun Joong...he was a pretty face...but the acting wasn't up to par with what Oguri Shun did. At times, I felt as if Hyun Joong was imitating Oguri Shun's acting. But it's understandable because he's a rookie actor. I DID NOT LIKE the character JAN DI at all. It's as if the director, well, made the character more emotional and delicate. She was too wimpy (multiple times of crying) at times, almost too cute, and was more like the "victim" to me. She had funny moments but i didn't feel a connection with her.. Sorrie but she was not the best Tsukushi for me. The OST was not the best. I didn't like any songs in there, not event the one sang by my favorite ex-Loveholic member. The songs were boring. Yet, what carried the drama, was the beautiful scenary, some of the funny dialogue, acting by Lee Min-ho, the development of some of the character's stories that were not the main characters. The upmost likeable fashion and the food. It was a good drama..had its flaws..but enjoyable.

The J-version had probably the better actors and actresses as a whole. Tsukushi(Inoue Mao) kicked a$$ in her role. MatsuJun, he didn't really look the part, but his acting pulled him through. Like Lee Min ho, the arrogance and funny dialogues was performed will. Sojiro like Kim bum both lived up to their character. I loved them. Akira was fresh face also, acting was not the best, but not bad. His role was more of the comic relief and I loved his family moments. The mother was truly evil in this one. I hated her guts. I LOVE THE ENDING SONGS FOR BOTH OF THE SEASONS: FLAVOR OF LIFE< AND PLANETARIUM...now that's really good music for the theme. Oguri shun, I would have to say, stumbled at the beginning of the series, but he delivered us a very good Rui. ONE downside: at times, it felt as if the boys were growing up, but in a fairytale sort of way( agreed with some about Rui beating up the black guys in the alley of NY...awkward moment), not the mature way that the korean version was doing. The chemistry with Rui and Tsukushi was not really as up to par as the one in the Korean and Taiwanese version. Yet, the jversion was good in its portrayal. Totally enjoyable!

The Taiwanese version-that's my baby or my first love-really is I bet everyone's sweetheart. I was introduced to a story that I didn't know was from a manga. Sure the actresses and actors were somewhat rookies, but boy was the drama a fun ride. Jerry did a good job with Dau Ming Si, but the flaw was that he was new at it and it was at times awkward, but I love his energy and funny facial expressions. Vic had the face, and the silent energy. It was at times awkward too when he would deliver outbursts for his characters. But I loved his nonchalent face. The other 2 characters kinda faded into the background for me. They didn't really stood out that much. Shan Cai was freaken hilarious. Her fashion was horrible but that was the character...and I loved it. Her outburst was extremely funny, and her running...it was hilarious. I think the love triangle betwen Dau Ming Si, Hua Tze Lei, and Shan Cai was the main carrier of this version. The Flaw: the actors were all new...but look at Vic and Jerry now...totallly grew in acting from their experience. And I LOVED THE OST>>>>probably my favorite ost of the 3versions. Harlem Yu's opening was a very good theme song for the boy's carlessness and friendship and Penny Dai's ending theme...my goodness those were good.

So everyone, all of the versions have flaws and good attributes...let's wait for the chinese one and judge on quality not quantity of how many hawt guys it can produce. :D Hope I don't get in trouble for writing such a long review :o

Guest kurayzeexivy

After watching the trailer, I kinda want to watch it. lols

I know I'll be frustrated as usual that Rui doesn't get Makino, ( :lol:)

but I think I'll survive. xD Plus I really want to see how this one

fares out.

Imo, the J-verison was the best! The K-version was awesome too, don't

get me wrong(and it didn't hurt that all the guys were HOT ;D), but

I absolutely loved the J-version. Can't say anything about the T-version

cause I didn't even bother watching it. xD

Guest tiffasaur

i think they are making way to many remakes.

how many are there?! japan,taiwan,korea now china

and i heard rumors about phillipines&vietnam?

but i think i'm still gonna watch them, just to compare:]

Guest cfensi

Newest H4 (btw this stands for Hua aka flower in Chinese I think, not Hot) pictures: They all look so hot! I think they're getting ready to do a better photoshoot. I know I was mad at Hunan TV before for not giving us any good pictures, but I am so glad that they're making this drama look better little by little. First a really, really crappy photoshoot where all four guys looked horrible, then a better one where they were in their costumes, and now an even better one! It's much better to build up to the drama. :D

21erqef.jpg

2009qr.jpg

2wd2e0i.jpg

rrpci1.jpg

35l87jd.jpg

2ceq4ch.jpg

From Wei Chen's Baidu Bar. Hence the Wei Chen centric pics.

Guest pillowbox

I too hope I don't get bash for my post: :D

I think Ill give this drama a try. The "original" story FROM THE MANGA is a very complex one, and entertaining. Don't judge a book by its cover. In the end, acting brings out the characters and make the story flow not the actor's/actress's looks.

The most recent version (korean): Lee Min ho and Kimbum carried the acting for me. Hyun Joong...he was a pretty face...but the acting wasn't up to par with what Oguri Shun did. At times, I felt as if Hyun Joong was imitating Oguri Shun's acting. But it's understandable because he's a rookie actor. I DID NOT LIKE the character JAN DI at all. It's as if the director, well, made the character more emotional and delicate. She was too wimpy (multiple times of crying) at times, almost too cute, and was more like the "victim" to me. She had funny moments but i didn't feel a connection with her.. Sorrie but she was not the best Tsukushi for me. The OST was not the best. I didn't like any songs in there, not event the one sang by my favorite ex-Loveholic member. The songs were boring. Yet, what carried the drama, was the beautiful scenary, some of the funny dialogue, acting by Lee Min-ho, the development of some of the character's stories that were not the main characters. The upmost likeable fashion and the food. It was a good drama..had its flaws..but enjoyable.

The J-version had probably the better actors and actresses as a whole. Tsukushi(Inoue Mao) kicked a$$ in her role. MatsuJun, he didn't really look the part, but his acting pulled him through. Like Lee Min ho, the arrogance and funny dialogues was performed will. Sojiro like Kim bum both lived up to their character. I loved them. Akira was fresh face also, acting was not the best, but not bad. His role was more of the comic relief and I loved his family moments. The mother was truly evil in this one. I hated her guts. I LOVE THE ENDING SONGS FOR BOTH OF THE SEASONS: FLAVOR OF LIFE< AND PLANETARIUM...now that's really good music for the theme. Oguri shun, I would have to say, stumbled at the beginning of the series, but he delivered us a very good Rui. ONE downside: at times, it felt as if the boys were growing up, but in a fairytale sort of way( agreed with some about Rui beating up the black guys in the alley of NY...awkward moment), not the mature way that the korean version was doing. The chemistry with Rui and Tsukushi was not really as up to par as the one in the Korean and Taiwanese version. Yet, the jversion was good in its portrayal. Totally enjoyable!

The Taiwanese version-that's my baby or my first love-really is I bet everyone's sweetheart. I was introduced to a story that I didn't know was from a manga. Sure the actresses and actors were somewhat rookies, but boy was the drama a fun ride. Jerry did a good job with Dau Ming Si, but the flaw was that he was new at it and it was at times awkward, but I love his energy and funny facial expressions. Vic had the face, and the silent energy. It was at times awkward too when he would deliver outbursts for his characters. But I loved his nonchalent face. The other 2 characters kinda faded into the background for me. They didn't really stood out that much. Shan Cai was freaken hilarious. Her fashion was horrible but that was the character...and I loved it. Her outburst was extremely funny, and her running...it was hilarious. I think the love triangle betwen Dau Ming Si, Hua Tze Lei, and Shan Cai was the main carrier of this version. The Flaw: the actors were all new...but look at Vic and Jerry now...totallly grew in acting from their experience. And I LOVED THE OST>>>>probably my favorite ost of the 3versions. Harlem Yu's opening was a very good theme song for the boy's carlessness and friendship and Penny Dai's ending theme...my goodness those were good.

So everyone, all of the versions have flaws and good attributes...let's wait for the chinese one and judge on quality not quantity of how many hawt guys it can produce. :D Hope I don't get in trouble for writing such a long review :o

You basically said what I wanted to say. Im not bashing that Korean version sucks, but like you said Hyun Joong was a rookie so I don't blame him.All the versions had its positives and negatives.

cfensi: FINALLY! the previous photos were so misleading.

Guest Babylicious xo12

you got to be kidding me. another one?! yea it was popular in korea and japan...but another one from taiwan's just pushing it

Guest TrainDriver

^ugh this one is from mainland china. hey if it wasn't for the success of Meteor Garden, japan wouldn't have done their version and therefore korea either. (excluding the anime and movie)

Guest you&me.

another version? o.o ohmygosh. well since the korean version was phenomenal, the chinese would have a hard time trying to top it.

Guest clover x mint

They're not even close to hot... they need to rename themselves.

*edit: after seeing the newer picture, i think they look ok.

atleast better than that Jerry Yang and Jun Matsumoto~

no1 can ever replace the original F4

totally agree but depending which F4 is original for you :lol:.

i hope you mean the Taiwanese version.

Guest keeptryin'

I don't really like remakes but I think this cast looks the best. Acting-wise the Japanese vers was the best.

I also like Shan cai from Meteor Garden. So I don't think this vers would be that bad, I don't think that people can compare the original b/c of fashion. I didn't like the Korean vers. (imo, minho can't act.)

Two things I don't like are Rui's hair & the uniforms.

Guest lil_aphrodite91

you got to be kidding me. another one?! yea it was popular in korea and japan...but another one from taiwan's just pushing it

Um. What are you talking about.

Taiwanese version was basically the starter of the drama, then Japan, and then Korean.

This one is from mainland China.

Though the clothing style was pretty sucky, I still think that the Taiwanese version was the best one.

I'd probably watch the first episode of the Chinese version just to see how it is, but "Hot4"? Come on. :rolleyes:

Guest pillowbox

another version? o.o ohmygosh. well since the korean version was phenomenal, the chinese would have a hard time trying to top it.

Um, it wasn't only the Korean one. The Taiwanese and Japanese were a phenomenal as well. Maybe you should take a look at them.

Um. What are you talking about.

Taiwanese version was basically the starter of the drama, then Japan, and then Korean.

This one is from mainland China.

Though the clothing style was pretty sucky, I still think that the Taiwanese version was the best one.

I'd probably watch the first episode of the Chinese version just to see how it is, but "Hot4"? Come on. :rolleyes:

LOL, why do I have a feeling that the person never heard of the Taiwanese version before and he/she probably thought Japanese was the first one -_-.

Archived