Update: The New (chinese) F4, Renamed To 'h4'

Guest leongfun

Guest TrainDriver

totally agree but depending which F4 is original for you :lol:.

i hope you mean the Taiwanese version.

of course :) dao ming si is the best F4 leader

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nxtlvl

Decent looking boys, but if I hear about this series and/or any other remakes again, I will personally rip my ears off. (JK it's not that bad, but it IS annoying!)

Guest NEW*AGE

sigh, seriously I'm chinese, and I feel sorry for my own country.

WTF WERE WE THINKING? god... like chinese dramas weren't bad enough,

we had to ruin our own image even more...

Guest pillowbox

Actually, I think Chinese dramas are really good, but maybe because the target audiences are older generation. In fact, most Chinese dramas are more leaning towards historical and much more serious. I think most teens would not watch them because they are way too serious, and prefer something more comedy + idol-like. It is only recently that China is trying to target younger audience with something less serious.

Newest H4 (btw this stands for Hua aka flower in Chinese I think, not Hot) pictures: They all look so hot! I think they're getting ready to do a better photoshoot. I know I was mad at Hunan TV before for not giving us any good pictures, but I am so glad that they're making this drama look better little by little. First a really, really crappy photoshoot where all four guys looked horrible, then a better one where they were in their costumes, and now an even better one! It's much better to build up to the drama. :D

http://i30.tinypic.com/21erqef.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/2009qr.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/2wd2e0i.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/rrpci1.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/35l87jd.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ceq4ch.jpg

From Wei Chen's Baidu Bar. Hence the Wei Chen centric pics.

Wei Chen looks so dayum good. Mmmmhmmmm. I'm not going to say anything since the drama hasn't started yet, but I've got high standards.

Especially on Rui. And I have my doubts if this Rui can beat out my Oguri Shun's Rui. <3

Guest hoistdacolors

you might not like their dramas probably because like most of us on soompi, we are kinda westernized. they keep making dramas because there's actually an audience for them. 1.3 billion people! And I think that when they make a drama, they have no intention of exporting their dramas like the Koreans do. So they don't really care about how the outside perceive them. Until the day when the Chinese wants to export their pop culture via dramas, they are not gonna change a thing. (just don't watch it and it's not like you are missing out on anything. your peers, like you, probably won't watch it either. it's not like you are missing out on a topic starter.)

personally, I don't watch a lot of cdramas. however, I think china's contribution to world cinema is up there with all the big boys. people like ang lee, wong kar wai, gong li, zhou xun, zhang zi yi, liu ye, tony leung, chow yun fat, zhang yimou, chen kun, takeshi kaneshiro (i claim him because most of his work is chinese)...they are pride of chinese cinema. And I am proud that even before the recent economic freedom, films that came out of China were all top notch (raise the red lantern, to survive, farewell to my concubine). Now, with more leniency, their films are even better.

For the chinese, dramas are for domestic viewing. movies are for the world to see and the they are doing a damn good job and have nothing to be embarrass about!

Guest hoistdacolors

Wei Chen looks so dayum good. Mmmmhmmmm. I'm not going to say anything since the drama hasn't started yet, but I've got high standards.

Especially on Rui. And I have my doubts if this Rui can beat out my Oguri Shun's Rui. <3

okay i don't really want to compare Yu Hao Ming with Shun. Cuz Shun started acting since he was still in the womb. And neither do I want to say Hao Ming is portraying Hanazawa Rui since this is not a remake.

but here's a bit of a preview of him acting angsty. towards the end, when wei chen whispered something into his ear, that shot looked like it was directly from the director's screen.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Dkq42T0QYVM/

Guest chickyl3aby

wow really? another remake of this? i wonder if the original manga writer is getting a portion of money for all these different remakes..

anyway, i hope these set of people can act. they aren't bad looking though!

Guest pillowbox

you might not like their dramas probably because like most of us on soompi, we are kinda westernized. they keep making dramas because there's actually an audience for them. 1.3 billion people! And I think that when they make a drama, they have no intention of exporting their dramas like the Koreans do. So they don't really care about how the outside perceive them. Until the day when the Chinese wants to export their pop culture via dramas, they are not gonna change a thing. (just don't watch it and it's not like you are missing out on anything. your peers, like you, probably won't watch it either. it's not like you are missing out on a topic starter.)

personally, I don't watch a lot of cdramas. however, I think china's contribution to world cinema is up there with all the big boys. people like ang lee, wong kar wai, gong li, zhou xun, zhang zi yi, liu ye, tony leung, chow yun fat, zhang yimou, chen kun, takeshi kaneshiro (i claim him because most of his work is chinese)...they are pride of chinese cinema. And I am proud that even before the recent economic freedom, films that came out of China were all top notch (raise the red lantern, to survive, farewell to my concubine). Now, with more leniency, their films are even better.

For the chinese, dramas are for domestic viewing. movies are for the world to see and the they are doing a damn good job have nothing to be embarrass about!

I agree with you. As of right now, China has no intention of exporting their dramas outside of the country. Come on now, I doubt any westerners would actually sit down and watch Chinese series.

Guest cfensi

okay i don't really want to compare Yu Hao Ming with Shun. Cuz Shun started acting since he was still in the womb. And neither do I want to say Hao Ming is portraying Hanazawa Rui since this is not a remake.

but here's a bit of a preview of him acting angsty. towards the end, when wei chen whispered something into his ear, that shot looked like it was directly from the director's screen.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Dkq42T0QYVM/

I don't think being a newbie is an excuse for bad acting though...no one should be hired if they can't act the role at all, so I except Haoming to act decently even if not as good as Shun of course. Otherwise...eeMedia needs to reassess its gameplan.

Thanks for the link! He does looks pretty good there. He's better at being solemn than I would have imagined. I didn't know there were so many Haoming fancams online! His fans are so good at getting that stuff. He look cute in all of them!

Comments about Chinese dramas like those above make me feel like I need to get on the ball with the Chinese drama recaps, even though it's a pain in the butt and finding screenshots is impossible.

Oh I need to make a correction - these pictures are going to be for the second trailer not a photoshoot.

I hope they use the new song!

Guest popolala

I like to watch it, but i can't speak or understand mandarin. China's film are okay, it lack's humor in most of it's drama's, which i notice. coz my parent's watch em and they said it's mostly serious film, but they like it.

But sometimes when China link up with Taiwan to make a drama, it's Great! Like Princess Pearl. etc..

I rmember i did used to watch 1 China drama, which i liked, it was a serious topic but it was good, their acting is really strong, the character really look real and come to live. It was dub in Cantonease. I don't remmeber the drama exactly, but the main character end up in America, he was filming in that sitcom .. i don't remember. he was a fat guy. - Sammo Hung

Guest pillowbox

^ That's the thing. It's good that we are trying new ideas.

Different generation likes different things. I feel like if you ask people who are 40+ to watch idol dramas, they will think it's too unrealistic and non-educational. For example, Taiwan has always been known for its idol dramas and its audiences are usually the younger generation. It's better off if a country has various types of series. Sometimes I get sick of watching idol dramas because they can be really cliche at one point or another. Basically, too much of something isn't always good.

Guest jelly_pudding

Huzzah!

Took the words out of my mouth (except I think Matsujun is hot and I love his overbite lol)

and yeah the K-version basically took a bunch of pretty boys from singing groups just to get good ratings.

um only 2 of the guys are singers.. the other 2 are actors -____-;

and honestly, i didn't think any of them were "pretty boys" or THAT great looking really.. but after watching a few episodes, i began to think that they were hott lol..

Guest bonsaitea

maybe the H is Hua as in flower in chinese. o__o"

I think that's a result.

My take was that they didn't want to confuse audiences with the boy band F4. Cause i remember the first time i watched Hana Yori Dango that i kept thinking chinese boy band.

Then they changed it to H4 because of [well you already stated it.]

Guest hoistdacolors

Thanks for the link! He does looks pretty good there. He's better at being solemn than I would have imagined. I didn't know there were so many Haoming fancams online! His fans are so good at getting that stuff. He look cute in all of them!

hehe you're welcome.

here's another video. wei chen's acting really impresses me. the 5 leads had a fan meeting and they played a few clips not seen in the MV in the background.

it's a scene between wei chen (akira's character) and his older brother played by Jerry Huang. I really like their dynamic here.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/tW3C6d0-FTM/

the subtitles aren't very clear since some of it were blocked. it seems like the fight was the older brother scolding wei chen for forming some sort of gang in school. So in a way, H4 isn't really some super cool group that everyone idolize. They are more of a gang of troublemakers.

Archived