Update: The New (chinese) F4, Renamed To 'h4'

Guest leongfun

Guest buzyb33

They don't look hot enough to be the F4. Each member is supposed to be at least 6ft tall, with gorgeous written all over them from head to toe...

Anyways, I think Yu Haoming is cute.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kawaiixgrl

their uniforms are really terrible.. the color that is. too bright

i liked the japanese and korean version better.

THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE DOMYOUJI'S HAIR!

you can't have do a rendition of the original manga if they actors dont even look A TINY BIT like the characters..

Guest lil_miss_kawaii

when people say the original F4

are you talking about the manga O_O

or original F4 as in the taiwanese series??

because korea copied aswell

they jus made it more popular

I think China should of waited

But i think the cast is good - i mean they are probably only playing highschool students - so they suit it - they look like highschool students

i reckon this series is gonna be more "realistic" in comparison, cs the korean one is quite unrealistic lol very fairytale like

But i know the taiwanese and japanese version were more "real" (compared) but i guess its the way those type of dramas are formatted

which probably means the china one will be more serious *thinks*

^_^

EDIT::

OH and i hope to GOD they do not remake it to a caucasian one aahhhh tht wud be the WORSE!

¬_¬

Guest LittleShine

I think JapF4 looks best.

Storyline was better too.

I asked my mom about this and she said its true.....

I honestly didn't believe this.

These guys are newbie actors right?

My mom told me that these people were picked out like "Americal Idol"

I HOPE their acting is decent.

Guest 0oyokisuo0

This is so stupid. I click on the Filipino F4 and there's nothing but bashing going on... I click on this thread and it's the SAME THING.

Honestly, none of the F4 are good looking. The Japanese F4 (I'm sorry but Matsujun is pretty fug and he desperately needs to do something about his overbite), the Korean F4 (well, Kim Bum is cute but he has no business BEING a member of F4 - he looks as though his mommy still wipes his richard simmons), the Taiwanese version (Vanness... those eyebrows) so why is everyone freaking out over this? Like, omg! They're so ugly!

Uh... compared to the other F4s... not much of a difference.

I'm not even going to judge until I see them in action. And I know the Korean version is immensely popular right now (in these forums) but I don't even want to start commenting on the cardboard cut out actors they have in that drama. Jan Di looks like a boy (but it's okay because Makino had a bit of a mustache - a 5 o'clock shadow if you will), NONE of the male leads are good looking in any of the versions and come on, let's face it - this is not an Oscar-worthy script and the fact that it's been remade so many times is DEVASTATING. DEVASTATING!

// end rant

Oh, but I do think the Japanese version is cute. The Korean one is good for a few cheap laughs but if I started dissecting it and pointing out the flaws, I'll end up with a 5 page essay. (Kim Hyun Joong acting? Really? That's him acting?? He's capable of what? THREE facial expressions?)

I haven't seen Meteor Rain yet. But I remember Vanness from Peach Girl and he can't act either.

word. most of the people who replied here have NO IDEA what they are even talking about. heck somebody even said kim bum makes a bad rui, his role is not even rui! i mean seriously?! all the versions are just as bad. the japanes F4 all look like they are only 5'6 skinny asses wearing very metro clothes, watching them fight is the most hilarious thing ever. everything is just hype. the producers and people here just need to get a life.

^RLMAO the dumbess thing in HYD was Shun Oguri's character with his pointy shoes, bad hair, tight pants, and fur coat in the alley scaring off the black guys..pwhahaha funniest thing ever

OH and i hope to GOD they do not remake it to a caucasian one aahhhh tht wud be the WORSE!

¬_¬

Wow you have some issues going on :mellow:

Guest 0oyokisuo0

^RLMAO the dumbess thing in HYD was Shun Oguri's character with his pointy shoes, bad hair, tight pants, and fur coat in the alley scaring off the black guys..pwhahaha funniest thing ever

OMG i know!!!!!!!!! i was laughing so hard when i saw that! with his fake gun and all that!!!! ahahahahahah

Guest CitrusFlower

Let's see

Screen Name is an idiot

I hate HYD the story is dumb and overrated

If you think the drama is gonna suck then no one is forcing u to watch it

If you like X version better then go watch it and stop whining in here

Forum is full of hypocrites

the end

Pretty much sums up everything.

Stop being such hypocrites, sure Soompi is a Korean forum but many people here make everything Korean seem so godly. It may not appeal to you but it will to someone else. I find nothing special about HYD, I stop watching it after 6 episodes and I stop watching the Korean one after 2 episodes. You pretty much know what will happen next so whats the points, it's not exciting enough to keep me watching.

Guest AS1AND0LL

Next thing you know, American F4, British F4, lol.

They look decent but I am pretty sure the chemistry would be great.

• 2 months later...
Guest chinesebaybedoll

JEZNUTS!!! peoples it's NOT a remake of freaking HYD >.< the storyline is completely different. just because they have four guys and one girl doesn't make it a complete "remake" of HYD quit listening to those stupid korean neitzens..this is the real storyline.. freaking A it's getting on my nerves -.-"

Chu Yuyun, the lead character of the series is a poor, hardworking, smart high-school girl. One of her biggest dream is to enter the most prestigious school in the country, Aliceton University where only the richest and the best students can study. With the help from her uncle, she finally gets in unbearingly that she might meet the group F4.

Yun Hai, Duan Mu Lei, Shangguan Ruiqian and Ye Shuo are the four richest students of Aliceton and known as the campus popular group F4. They became the idols of all the girls and even boys in the campus because of their attitude, power and looks. However, they are unsatisfied with their life as their parents puts so much pressure on them being the richest in China. In order for them to be kicked out from Aliceton University, they perform a series of pranks.

Yuyun fights for justice for the victims of the group and she become their instant target. Through fighting and arguing, they began to admire each other and became friends. Touched by Yuyun, F4 eventually becomes the top four students of the school. At the same time, they became loving, responsible males. Through the multiple struggles and hardships, Girl and F4 grew up. They learned to control their own lives, chose their own futures, and to strive for their dreams.

When the news that the New Meteor Garden's approval has been announced on the SARFT website, it soon became the focus of many audiences. The information that it revealed also caused much debate. For example, the name New Meteor Garden has been changed to Meteor Shower, the character names of "Shancai," ""Daoming Si" and "Huaze Lei," became "Chu Yuqian," "Yun Hai" and "Duanmu Lei." This caused a lot of debate between the netizens. The reporter then found the Meteor Shower's executive producer Ren Yaojia and asked about the reasons behind the changes. Yaojia replied that first, Meteor Shower and New Meteor Garden are not the same dramas. New Meteor Garden is a drama from ten years ago. Many of its ideals and thoughts are no longer true now. Hunan Satellite TV's drama is almost all original, the only similarity are the basic settings of four boys and a girl. Hunan Satellite TV's Meteor Shower wants to express the attitudes of modern college students toward love, life, career and change. Through a cute and light-hearted way, the drama will express the bright, enthusiastic attitudes of today's youth. Overall, it's very different from Meteor Garden, so everything from the title to the names of the characters have been changed. When the reporter then asked why the name Meteor Shower was chosen, Yaojia stated that because this drama is on the surface a pure love story, and the relatively pure yet a bit sad terms Meteor and Shower can correctly express the drama's misty, dreamy air of the youthful liveness.

Guest vitamins

hahaaaa, this is craze, F4 is sweeping the whole of asia.. taiwan, japan, korea and now mainland china!

Guest Junanni

I love the original F4 from meteor garden. I also hate remakes of things and new replacements and all but for some reason, these four guys don't seem too bad and actually seem to fit the role (in my opinion of course) but how many remakes is it going to take for this drama to die out?

Archived