╰☆ Meteor Shower 1 + 2☆╮ "mainland Hana Yori Dango"

Guest brightlight

Guest pillowbox

^ I'm pretty bad at translation.

I mean I can look for Yu Hao Ming's pictures if you ever need :)

i would definitely like to change people's negativity if i can.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest brightlight

Thank you, Tracy and emptysky. XD

(light confession: I didn't bother looking for Haoming pictures because I knew Tracy would have a better collection than I can find in a whole day...XD)

I'm currently working on another article, but here's another one that'll be nice to have translated. It talks about the differences between Meteor Garden and Meteor Shower and the reasonings behind the differences.

Click here for article

Pointers for translations:

"guo jia guang bo jv" = SARFT

use "shower" instead of "rain" for "yu"

More Yu Haoming picture ham:

1zy7cdg.jpg

13ynr52.jpg

2i6nudi.jpg9u2847.jpg

npmmnp.jpg

21do6de.jpg

2hp86t2.jpg

oa9lw5.jpg

2z3yp1l.jpg

Guest pillowbox

^ so you're the owner of the site :D

brightlight Yeah, I saw that article. In the beginning, I was confused why they are naming Meteor Shower because I thought TW named theirs the same thing. But that article cleared up alot of confusions for me XD

Guest eternitygoddess

No BoF will compare to the Korean version.

K-dramas outclass pretty all other Asian dramas.

I've watched enough to be able to tell.

Guest °..a²

That's your own opinion. And no, k-dramas don't "outclas" other asian dramas. IMO, I think japanese dramas are the best.

Anyways, I'll probably end up watching this version too to see what it's like lol.

Guest Kumikox3

That's your own opinion. And no, k-dramas don't "outclas" other asian dramas. IMO, I think japanese dramas are the best.

Anyways, I'll probably end up watching this version too to see what it's like lol.

Lols isn't that your opinion too dear? Lols, I like Taiwanese, Korean and Japanese but that's my opinion. Lols.

Anyways this is really annoying, I know this storyline is a shortcut to fame but god, the Korean one is still airing, why are they leaking the news now? Aren't they afraid they might get critics before they even air? It's horrible really, I mean I loved all three HYD's especially the Korean one, but this is just over the line..........

There are so many other great Manga stories and yet they choose this one AGAIN.

Makes me curious if their interested in the storyline or just doing this because it's a one way ticket to fame. The guys are cute and all, but gosh it just really bothers me that this is coming out..................

Guest brightlight

Lols isn't that your opinion too dear? Lols, I like Taiwanese, Korean and Japanese but that's my opinion. Lols.

Anyways this is really annoying, I know this storyline is a shortcut to fame but god, the Korean one is still airing, why are they leaking the news now? Aren't they afraid they might get critics before they even air? It's horrible really, I mean I loved all three HYD's especially the Korean one, but this is just over the line..........

There are so many other great Manga stories and yet they choose this one AGAIN.

Makes me curious if their interested in the storyline or just doing this because it's a one way ticket to fame. The guys are cute and all, but gosh it just really bothers me that this is coming out..................

I think I wrote this before, but I think that they chose the drama because it's famous, but also of the concept of F4. This is the only drama (other than Hana Yori Dango, whose mandarin version came out only 2 years ago, as opposed to 10 years for Meteor Garden) with more than 2 hot guys as leads... and EE Media needs to digest all of the Super Boys.

It's probably also why EE Media's next project is Tiny Times, which also has 6 major hot guys in its plot...and it has 5 gorgeous girls, which will allow EE Media to use its Super Girls that it'll get this summer.

So far, I liked the jversion the best, then tw, I couldn't get pass ep4 of the kdrama. The acting and plot was just...bad? The best part of dramas is the jealousy part before they admit it. After that, it sort of goes downhill once the happy-go-lucky girl cries all the time. And the kversion sort of skipped the whole falling in love process.

Guest pillowbox

^ haha, I totally agree. Japanese was my favorite then Taiwanese. As for Korean, there were more humour. I haven't watched the drama yet, but reading from dramabeans is enough for me. I like YiJung and Jandi's friend's story instead. I love Go Hye Sun but I see more humour in this drama.

Guest tracee245

^ so you're the owner of the site :D

haha yea :) nice to meet you!

do you like the site? im so busy so i dont have much time to upkeep lol

Guest brightlight

voila! (yeah, it's badly translated...oh, well, you get the gist of it)

"New Meteor Garden" name change causes debate; producers say it's for the originality of the drama

When the news that the New Meteor Garden's approval has been announced on the SARFT website, it soon became the focus of many audiences. The information that it revealed also caused much debate. For example, the name New Meteor Garden has been changed to Meteor Shower, the character names of "Shancai," ""Daoming Si" and "Huaze Lei," became "Chu Yuqian," "Yun Hai" and "Duanmu Lei." This caused a lot of debate between the netizens. The reporter then found the Meteor Shower's executive producer Ren Yaojia and asked about the reasons behind the changes. Yaojia replied that first, Meteor Shower and New Meteor Garden are not the same dramas. New Meteor Garden is a drama from ten years ago. Many of its ideals and thoughts are no longer true now. Hunan Satellite TV's drama is almost all original, the only similarity are the basic settings of four boys and a girl. Hunan Satellite TV's Meteor Shower wants to express the attitudes of modern college students toward love, life, career and change. Through a cute and light-hearted way, the drama will express the bright, enthusiastic attitudes of today's youth. Overall, it's very different from Meteor Garden, so everything from the title to the names of the characters have been changed. When the reporter then asked why the name Meteor Shower was chosen, Yaojia stated that because this drama is on the surface a pure love story, and the relatively pure yet a bit sad terms Meteor and Shower can correctly express the drama's misty, dreamy air of the youthful liveness.

source: Hunan TV

Bonus: Yu Haoming Xiamen fanclub meeting pictures aka more pretty pictures of Xiamen University (scroll to the bottom half of page):

Click here

Oh, please. You've GOT to be kidding me.

K-dramas 'outclasses' EVERYONE when it comes to recycled storylines and utter rubbish.

Lol, listen to this drama guru :rolleyes: .

So far, I liked the jversion the best, then tw, I couldn't get pass ep4 of the kdrama. The acting and plot was just...bad? The best part of dramas is the jealousy part before they admit it. After that, it sort of goes downhill once the happy-go-lucky girl cries all the time. And the kversion sort of skipped the whole falling in love process.

I prefer the first season of the J-version the best. The Korean version was interesting in the beginning but then quite frankly, it just became retarded. And you know, very typical Korean drama-like.

And er, this mainland version really has been confirmed??

Guest ayuki baby

rje3ar.gif

Oh please honey, an opinion is not a fact.

but then again this is expected because koreans and their ilk absolutely LOVE to exaggerate!

Guest MiyuKanata09

was this version ever been confirmed?

this is the news about hana yori dango remakes...

There will NOT be another version of HYD for the next 2 YEARS.

Hana Yori Dango's writer had stated that for the next two years, Hana Yori Dango's drama making will not be allowed.

KBS 2TV ' Boys Over Flower's Production Group, Group 8's associate had made a statement on the 13th that

" When Kamio Yoko and the Japan's HYD manga issuing company Shueisa and GROUP 8 signed the copyright contract for HYD krn drama version, we had signed a contract that had stated: from the time BOys Over Flower korean drama had finished, there would be no new versions of HYD made nor aired for the next 2 years.

HYD's taiwanese version was made in 2001 and season 2 was made in 2003. Japan's seasion one aired in 2005 and seasion 2 was made in 2007.

And after 2 years, 2009's Boys Over Flower korean version had been made and is gaining popular both inside and outside of Korea. The original writer agreed in protecting the Korean version's value by signing the contract stating that for the next 2 years the HYD copyright will not be sold to others and put on the restriction.

So with this news, the chinese version of "hana yori dango" is highly likely that it is not the original copyrighted version of HYD manga series.

GROUP 8 had mentioned : The supposed chinese version of " HANA YORI DANGO" is under investigation by the Shueisha copyright ( HYD manga issuer, Kamio's company.) checking on its basic storyline, after the rumors about the chinese version's F4 casting picture was comparing to the Korean F4 cast was floating around the net.

double@yna.co.kr and missshakissh@soompi

-----

The gap between version has to be 2 years...

so this version might not be allowed to aired until they reached 2 years gap from korean version...

how in the world they cast everything when they don't have the rights from the original?

Guest Kenneth Keel

Lmao so this is going to be a half assed rip off of HYD? a "fake" Hana Yori Dango? good luck to the chinese producers avoiding the copyright police :P

Archived