it's good to have a little change or else the story would be

too boring

i'll be back =D

-Rebecca

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest juliakgrl

I'm at work for 1 day, and this is what happens? :lol: Love our new name: SoEul-mates. Like susie q eloquently ;) put it - you're bloody genious Becca. :D

I'd love to hear everyone's take on one's soulmate vs. true love. I sort of made a small contribution in the BOF thread, but that got buried. The whole soulmate thing DEFINITELY pertains to Yi Jeong and Ga Eul too!

Didn't read your post at BFF, Shirley, since I don't visit the thread anymore. But I think a soulmate does not necessary have to be your one true love, nor the person you end up marrying. Many people think that their one true love is the person they left/separated from, i.e. first love. And that the person they end up marrying is just a person they currently love (or don't), who may become a soulmate through shared opinions, lifestyles, depth of relationship, etc. Or it could be vice-versa. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I'm not as naive or innocent as Ga Eul to think that there is only 1 soulmate = 1 true love.

alvin (coolsmurf) has been postin alot of articles on KSE lately. he even apologized for it. i find his new found crush adorable, lol.

susie q, Alvin's not the only person crushing after KSE, so am I. And I'm a girl. :sweatingbullets:

Awesome to see tons of support for this couple. :) It makes my heart flutter they're finally getting their long overdued support from fans.

But seriously, don't you guys think requesting them to not follow the Ga El-Yi Jung storyline in the manga a little off? This drama is after all, a manga adaptation. While they can tinker with the details and the ending, the basic plotlines should still be followed. Or else Kim Bum and So Yeon are better off doing another drama which isn't Boys Over Flowers where he plays a character who chases her. I'm sorry. I'm not trying to go against you guys or anything, but I am pretty shocked at the amount of people hoping for a complete change of storyline. I love the Ga Eul-Yi Jung couple as much as you do, but I think it's the chasing that makes their storyline so interesting. How a girl can persevere so much to be able to attain the love of the guy she likes.

Anyway, there is a long Ga Eul-Yi Jung focused commentary on this blog for every episode that you guys might enjoy. :) I had a nice time reading it myself.

http://eraeos.livejournal.com/886.html

I hope you guys give it a shot too. :)

No, I agree, I'm also one that wants them to stay with that electrifying tension and not become all lovey-dovey - it would be unnatural and strange to have them suddenly hugging and unbelievably sweet to each other. :lol: It loses realism, credibility, if the couple progresses too fast. But it would be nice to have a different spin on things just to spice things up. Anita, I don't think any ill intentions were meant by mihsayam's comments. Please don't be upset? I won't speak for others, but I :wub: you. SoEul-mates? :D

And though the wait of GaJeong sweetness is killing us, I really got to hand it to BFF's PDs...I'm so hooked. I don't mind an open ending as long as its confirmed that SoEul really have fallen in love with each other, and that there is potential in the future. I'm not that greedy. :P

1. Sachiko (not real name but this's person had create thread)

2. Rebecca (exotsiax13)

3. Julia (juliakgrl)

4. Anita (yourdaddyy)

5. Kris (kickazzkris)

6. Jess (jun ji)

7. Sarah (Princessjimyung)

8. Sara (situponatree*)

9. Nat - Natalie (fangirlism)

10. Victoria (inyeon.)

11. Allison (white.piano)

12. Angel (soul-star.)

13. Jessica (jessicanguyen_asdf)

14. Shirley (aggiesbaby)

15. Jina (jina_bing_bang)

16. Sylvia (sylviya)

17. Spring (GiRlli3)

18. Lena (Han Kyo Ki)

19. Cathy (jealousyxx2)

20. Tu (tiachoptrang)

21. Annie (hixanniex)

22. Susie q (asdfjkl;fdsajkl;)

23. Lam (STAR_x)

24. Der (EUNSHIHAE)

25. Nathasya - Chacha (LuvSMTown)

26. Haza (Kim Hae Za)

27. Yosira (Yosira)

28. Trisha (pixiegirl)

29. Angela (angelarr)

30. Bri (bri86)

31. Supeng (jaefan)

32. evangeline (fcukelle)

33. --no name yet --(kimtasticallicious)

34. Nicole (nicole0521)

35. Hilmon - Hilly (hillz3388)

36. -- no name yet-- (kilaalaa)

37. Ida (chunny)

38. Olivia (olioli)

39. Teresa (crunkyp0p)

40. Mary (thatGIRL)

41. Rochelle (S0mething_W0nderful)

#20, Tu, hahaha...I feel like we're part of the SoEul-mate secret service...awesome job on keeping tabs on our growing family. Welcome Everyone! *hugs* My SoEul-mates are :wub:

^^i was wondering about the same thing!

i wonder what her BF's gonna look like...i do hope he's kinda cute, though i know he's not gonna be as gorgous as Kim Bum...

but i want the guy to be good looking also :P

at least with the impending double date, we have something to look forward too!..at least from that episode onwards, we can expect a lot of Gajeong action! :)

Kris, I'm in agreement. I would love the guy to be gorgeous, so as to spark Jeong's competitive streak. Perhaps, if we're lucky, we may even see a bit of Jeong's jealous side - but I think it may be a little too early for that to be full-blown.

As for Ep 7's analysis of Jeong's pool reaction...I'm still wrapping my head around Jeong's out-of-character anger. Other than pertaining to F4, Jeong is supposed to be very easy-going - he's jaded, and nothing fazes him. True, the race was pertaining to F4, but it still struck me that he was that upset over Eul asking him to lose. I'm also very surprised that he's so angry over JH "stealing" JP's girl - he's much more emotional and shows it in this version - not so whatever-comes-comes.

Ok, loooong post. SoEul-mate #3 signing off.

Guest yourdaddyy

Lol, I know she didn't mean anything by it, I just find the word 'off' a little, well .. ANYWAYS. I love you too, julia<3 *hugs* hahaha. (:

& Yes, the second I noticed Alvin changed his banner to So Eun, I knew he was becoming one us. :D Glad to know there are some male fans out there(: I'm glad he decided not to stop posting news.

As for that true love/soulmate thing [i almost typed Soeulmate :lol:], I also agree in that your true love does NOT have to be your soulmate. Because afterall, most people don't have just one 'true love' their whole lives. We all fall [or like to think we are] in love many times throughout life. Plus, how can you be sure whether someone is your soulmate or not? I mean, people get married and divorced all of the time; it does not mean every single person they married is their soulmate.

Kris&Julia, about the boyfriend being goodlooking, you guys do make some good points. But as long as they still add in the revenge scene, I'm not really concerned on how he looks. All I ask is that the scriptwriters do not add a line like Gajung saying her boyfriend is really hot in the drama when in real life, he looks like :crazy:.. And anyways, Yijung doesn't seem like a person to be jealous, but I can't say for sure yet. Who knows, maybe he'll surprise us.

I just watched episode 8 and man am I disappointed. A whole week of waiting and all we get is the pool and glance scene. *sigh*.

Okay, enough of my spamming[: I'm off this, too. Welcome all new soeul-mates(:

^ About the boyfriend being good-looking: Unlikely man. Who can beat Kim Bum and his killer smile? Haha :wub:

As for Ep 7's analysis of Jeong's pool reaction...I'm still wrapping my head around Jeong's out-of-character anger. Other than pertaining to F4, Jeong is supposed to be very easy-going - he's jaded, and nothing fazes him. True, the race was pertaining to F4, but it still struck me that he was that upset over Eul asking him to lose. I'm also very surprised that he's so angry over JH "stealing" JP's girl - he's much more emotional and shows it in this version - not so whatever-comes-comes.

Maybe he was pissed because he thought Ga Eul came to see him, but then it turns out she was actually there to persuade him to lose? LOL! Personally I don't think this is it, because its also rather out-of-character for Yi Jeong. I think the more likely reason is that he firmly supports Junpyo over Jihoo regarding this incident, and he won't let anyone go against what he believes in.

I also suspect that the reason he's so pissed at Jihoo for stealing a friend's girl is because...something similar happened to him and his brother in the past. I think this explains for what many people feel is over-reacting on Yi Jeong's part.

But on another note, I think Ga Eul and Yi Jeong are rather similar in that they're really defensive over their good friends. Haha

Even though he got mad at Ga Eul in this scene, I kind of liked it? Because he said something like, "Geum Jandi butting into everything, is that contagious?" It kind of sets up the character of Ga Eul to be the type that would butt into everything, which makes the story of her searching for Sara's tower in character as well?

I think this scene also sets up the Yi Jeong character to be the type thats surprisingly righteous (despite his philandering ways). Which also sets up the scene of him taking revenge for Ga Eul too. Since he's such a righteous character and all.

Haha maybe I'm over-analysing. LOL

Guest HanatheBrownEyedGirl

Count me in as a member of the SoEul-Mates Family :)

SoEul-Mates

name: Hana

username: HanatheBrownEyedGirl

-----

There weren't really any major scenes of So-Eul but they shared a quick glance in the beginning, it's not much but at least it's not totally nothing.

Oh well, since ep. 9 is the double-date ep., that means that So-Eul will have some major interactions with in the next couple of weeks. :)

Soeul-Mates List

01. Sachiko(sherry)

02. Rebecca(exotsiax13)

03. Julia(juliakgrl)

04. Anita(yourdaddyy)

05. Kris(kickazzkris)

06. Jess(jun ji)

07. Sarah(Princessjimyung)

08. Sara(situponatree*)

09. Nat(fangirlism)

10. Victoria(inyeon.)

11. Allison(white.piano)

12. Angel(soul-star.)

13. Jessica(jessicanguyen_asdf)

14. Shirley(aggiesbaby)

15. Jina(jina_bing_bang)

16. Sylvia(sylviya)

17. Spring(GiRlli3)

18. Lena(Han Kyo Ki)

19. Cathy(jealousyxx2)

20. Tu(tiachoptrang)

21. Annie(hixanniex)

22. Susie(asdfjkl;fdsajkl;)

23. Lam(STAR_x. )

24. Der(EUNSHIHAE)

25. ChaCha(LuvSMTown)

26. Haza(Kim Hae Za)

27. yosira(yosira)

28. trisha(pixiegirl)

29. Angela(angelarr)

30. Bri(Bri86)

31. Supeng(jaefan)

32. Evangeline(fcukelle)

33. Nicole(nicole0521)

34. Hilly(hillz3388)

35. Olivia(olioli)

36. Teresa(crunkyp0p)

37. Mary(thatGIRL)

38. Rochelle(S0mething_W0nderful)

39. Izce(blue_izce8)

40. marina(marsyaf_love88)

41. diem(Dorkiee)

42. Tina(tkay)

43. Hana(HanatheBrownEyedGirl)

44. Julie(la`MISS:thy.)

45. Kumi(kumiko_a)

46. Marisse(candee_dana18)

47. Jody(Jody.)

48. Stina(STINANA)

49. nadhira(nadyra87)

50. kim(kimtasticallicious)

THE NEWEST LIST!! when we reach 50~ i will PM sachiko the list

i PM-ed sachiko (her name is sherry) and because she is too busy now due to exams she'll

update the front page over the weekend

kimtasticallicious, kilaalaa please fill out the form =D you'll be update to the list after you fill it out.

-Rebecca

Guest juju<3.

Who do you think will do the chasing?

I think Ga Eul would do the chasing because in episode 6 she says if she she anyone who interests her, she would chase him to the end (:

And who do you want to do the chasing?

But to me, I think Yi Jeong should do the chasing, just to make it look cute, since the guys are always the one chasing .. haha.

- - - - - - - - - -

SoEul-Mates

Name: Julie

Username: la`MISS:thy.

Guest kumiko_a

Jumping into the SoEulmates bandwagon!

name: Kumi

username: kumiko_a

I shall soon spam this thread with graphics of SoEul love. Weehee! :wub:

EDIT

I'm posting this one here again, kk?

Wallpaper for you guys!

jungeulscreen.jpg

1280x800 // 1280x1024

Guest candee_dana18

signing on to be a member of SoEul-mates clan :D !

SoEul-mates

Name: Marisse

U/N: candee_dana18

----

I have always love the Ximen x Xiaoyu pair in MG back in 2001. though they didn't have a good ending

i still follow their story it's disappointing to not see them together.. then, after 4 years I skipped to Soujiro x Yuuki pairing

when HYD live action aired in 2005. I find Yuuki cute when she's stalking & chasing Jiro.. but, still they didn't end up together too

& it made me sad. & now I'm totally hooked to Gajeong couple, their my only reason why I watch this drama. & yes, I sincerely

wait for this couple to happen again in Korean version & this time I want them to end up happy. gosh if only they knew how

I get jittery & all mushy inside when I saw this lovely pair interact. so far, ep.4-7 got me so addicted to Gajeong!

since i just came home, i haven't really caught up with the episode yet and it's still downloading

but it'll finish in like 2 minutes~ but i know already that there aren't any SoEul scenes minus that

little glance they gave each other which I predict might just be fanservice again. Well, I gotta say

I love the directors for giving us something.

I'm praying that SoEul scenes will come soon!

welcome Julie, Kumi, and Marisse <3

---

now that i finally watched it... T^T well fastforwarded... that glance wasn't much at all but i'm still

thankful for even a small gift like that. But AISH next week... NEXT WEEK! THAT'S TOO HARD!!!!!

it's only tuesday today... but gosh i hope it's not JUST the double date on monday, it'll also show the

revenge on monday and THEN on tuesday, there will be even MORE gajeog scenes T^T

sad me

-Rebecca

Guest mihsayam

I respectfully agree & disagree with you. Although it is a manga adaptation, it doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t change stuff to make it an original drama. If it were to follow everything in the manga or other drama versions exactly, then what’s the point of making a Korean adaptation? The only difference then would be the actors and the language. Anyways, I think most of us [those who have followed the manga, anime, and/or the other two versions] are pretty tired of rewatching the same storyline over and over again. Yes, it would be nice to watch Yuuki chase Soujiro just like the manga, but I would find it more interesting if they were to twist things up a little & make him the chaser. And frankly, I find you calling us a ‘little off’ for voicing our “requests” or whatever you want to call it pretty rude.

Then I am sincerely apologizing if I offended anyone by some sort. I take the blame for failing to find a better term.

I did say that changing the details would be okay, but do remember that changing the whole storyline would also mean that it isn't really going to be adaptation at all. I didn't say I was disagreeing with Yi Jung chasing her at all, but rather about Yi Jung chasing her FIRST. I still want him to chase her, just that I don't want it to happen to so quickly and easily because the tension of the story just flies away. This will have 20+ episodes and I heard that the revenge scene will happen around Episode 10-11 which immediately tells that the writers want to develop the story of these two further because in the past versions, this scene happened towards the end of the series. But making Yi Jung chase Ga Eul first would mean the first love arc would be gone. It's like you can change the occupation and lifestyle of Jan Di as long as you maintain that she isn't rich as the manga said so. Yi Jung doing the chase first is like making Jan Di also a child of a business tycoon or something. It will be so out of character in my opinion. Like during the scene where Yuuki gives her body to Soujiro, it would be so OOC if he easily did it with her. But he doesn't which adds the tension of their story - it means he sees her differently from other girls.

But yes, the change I want in this version is for him to finally chase her after she has finally given up- something we didn't see in the past versions. They never reciprocated the girl's love, but I wanna see that happen here. Yes, I want to seem some running and hugging for Kim Bum towards the end. :w00t: :w00t:

Also, sorry for being such a troll in this thread. XD I can't help but stalk it since I root for this couple so much.

I completely understand what you are saying and agree with you since that's pretty much what everyone else is saying.

We don't want the STORYLINE to change you know? but for the director to just give a fulfilling ending where they are in

love. Not like the past versions where we see yuuki fail to obtain love and Yi Jeong continue his playboy ways because if

that were to be the ending, this entire thread dedicated to them would be pointless because we're cheering for something that

will never happen and if that were to happen, all the gajeong fans would be so disappointing. But of course, sticking to the

basic storyline is still important because if they change completely, then it won't be soujiro/yuuki , but shifting a bit is a good choice xD

-Rebecca

Guest mihsayam

I completely understand what you are saying and agree with you since that's pretty much what everyone else is saying.

We don't want the STORYLINE to change you know? but for the director to just give a fulfilling ending where they are in

love. Not like the past versions where we see yuuki fail to obtain love and Yi Jeong continue his playboy ways because if

that were to be the ending, this entire thread dedicated to them would be pointless because we're cheering for something that

will never happen and if that were to happen, all the gajeong fans would be so disappointing. But of course, sticking to the

basic storyline is still important because if they change completely, then it won't be soujiro/yuuki , but shifting a bit is a good choice xD

-Rebecca

I think we share the same sentiments. :)

That's exactly my whole point too, but I suffer problems in condensing my opinions. :blush:

I think we share the same sentiments. :)

That's exactly my whole point too, but I suffer problems in condensing my opinions. :blush:

haha no worries, i knew that you agreed with this opinion =D but the word

choice was just a bit off! but yes LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A HAPPY ENDING FOR GAJEONG

COUPLE!!! aiiiisssshhhhhh~<3 i'll be back with my analysis for episode 09/10 later!

-Rebecca

Guest JJ.biased

SoEul matees :D

name: Jody

username: Jody.

lmao ><"

Ahh, i need to watch ep8 even when it doesn't have many of Gaeul & yijeong scenes :(

^ welcome jody!

-----

MY EPISODE 9/10 ANALYSIS

Since the double date scene is coming up in the next episode, everyone knows what’s going to happen and I’m sure we’re all very much psyched about the soon-to-come Gajeong scenes. So what I hope to happen is that while Ga Eul starts to date her new boyfriend (before the entire betrayal thing occurs) We’ll find Yi Jeong amused, or even jealous of the thought of Ga Eul having a boyfriend. Personally, I don’t think Yi Jeong likes Ga Eul enough to feel jealousy now because let’s face it, they aren’t on the best of terms. But let me continue, I can picture Yi Jeong’s cocky smirk when he hears that Ga Eul has a boyfriend, who knows, it’d be better if he sees them together first. This way, maybe the scene will trigger him to realizing that this girl isn’t just anyone and isn’t just the type of girl that he hates, but someone more; More not as in lover, but as someone who’s different. In no way do I imply that he might like her because that’s just unrealistic and if that happens, sure I would be happy for them, but I would be disappointed because their relationship would become too easy. But (gosh I seriously need to stay on topic) I predict that Yi Jeong will be quite amused and the conversation on “so(e)ulmates” that they had in episode 6 will travel back to him and he’ll immediately think, based on Ga Eul strong belief on a true lover, that Ga Eul has found “the one” for her. I would love to see just what type of emotions and reactions he’ll have.

Hopefully, between seeing the “happy” couple and getting revenge for Ga Eul we can find a scene where Yi Jeong and Ga Eul has a (short) conversation about it. Something that goes along with:

“Are you happy?” Yi Jeong.

“Of course.” Ga Eul.

“Is he your soul mate?” Yi Jeong.

“I predict him to be” Ga Eul.

Again, I would love to see Yi Jeong’s expressions during a time like this. To see how Kim Bum play out that ‘mixed emotions’ he must be having.

Of course, Yi Jeong’s mixed emotions will overflow and explode when he sees Ga Eul in tears, crying over the betrayal of her “boyfriend.” And we all know what going to happen, Yi Jeong will take Ga Eul, and get revenge for her by teaching her “boyfriend” a lesson. Gosh, I seriously can’t wait for that scene to just see Yi Jeong’s angry expression (because we all know it’s major sexy) and by then, we’ll get a feel of how Yi Jeong feels about Ga Eul. But, after that is where I start to worry because that will be the turning point of their relationship. I hope Ga Eul does not become overly obsessive and start stalking Yi Jeong because if that happens… that’s the end for them.

(part of my conversion with shirley =D we've been having an ungoing PM conversation on the gajeong love for a while now~~~ hehe)

gosh i hope i didn't bore you guys :mellow:

-Rebecca

Guest superx3 junior~

Ohhh......I LOVE Yi-Jeong & Ga-Eul!!! This couple is about 90% of the reason for why

I'm still watching BoF. hehehe Even thought their scenes usually last for less than 5 minutes

those scenes are what is keeping me interested in BoF and to be honest and I usually skip

the other parts of BoF just to see the Ga-Eul and Yi-Jeong parts (*hides* I'm bad I know :sweatingbullets:)

I really want to see how their relationship progresses.

Who do you think will do the chasing?

It's difficult to tell since Ga-Eul's personality is different from the other adaptations.

She's stronger and more independent than the other versions of Yuki (who tend to

come off as desperate and clingy imo). Right now it seems to me like Yi-Jeong will

do the chasing but as the show progresses there will probably other people (third, fourth wheels)

like Yi-Jeong's ex and Ga-Eul's (ex?)boyfriend it might be Ga-eul who will do the chasing.

And who do you want to do the chasing?

I don't really mind who does the chasing as long as the scriptwriter doesn't make

it seems desperate and clingy.

By far, what is your favorite scene with Yi Jeong and/or Gaeul?

Is it your most memorable one so far? (Up to two scenes max. =P At least try xD) And Why?

First would definately have to be the first meeting in episode 4.

That scene started their love-hate relationship and you can tell that Yi-Jeong is attracted or at least amused by her.

Second would have to be the soulmate talk. hehehe I really love that scene because after Yi-Jeong asks

Ga-Eul if she's met her soulmate and she tells him no, he has this look in his eyes that's kind of dissapointed and surprised

and when she tells him that when she meets her soulmate she'll never let him go, Yi-Jeong looks like he's in deep thought.

are u serious?! yi jeong has a girlfriend already and so does ga eul?! D:

are u serious?! yi jeong has a girlfriend already and so does ga eul?! D:

I don't wanna ruin this for you but only read if you want spoilers:

Yi Jeong's first love was a girl named sara or Eun hae (don't quote me on the name cus i'm not sure) in this version.

the two grew up together and Yi Jeong has always been fond of her and loved her, but their relationship didn't work out

due to several reasons that i'm not gonna tell you xP

Ga Eul has a boyfriend for a few days and he ends up cheating on her because he took her for a "back-up" girl

and things happen...

i didn't tell you any details because i don't wanna ruin it for you =D

-Rebecca

Guest fangirlism

afsdfjkla Rebecca, I hope

EVERYTHING

YOU SAID COMES TRUE.

Pleasepleasepleaseplease. ;x;

I think.. if they DID have that conversation ( the one you just made up ), I think he'd be more amused and a tad jealous but not as much because he is a PLAYER (for now u_u ) Though the whole Ga-Eul in tears thing, that's definitely going to trigger something but then at the same time, he's going to realize how much he likes her...which isn't necessarily bad or good because again, it might scare him a bit?! .__.

And I doubt GaEul will become all stalkerish and clingy because like superx3 junior~ said, in this version GaEul is more stronger and independent. Maybe we'll get more glances, blushing, stuttering and all that cute stuff. xD Which could totally make him even more amused.

And oh, I wonder when they're going to get on that EunHae / Yi Jeong stuff. :/ That sounds interesting atleast... but she's coming back right? o___o

I haven't watched the Taiwanese version so I can't make any comparisons or anything.

I'm so excited for the double date episode!! Is the preview online yet? :/

Lalala yay i'm number 9 ;DDD SoEul Mates is GENIUS!!!

But thanks everyone for all the pretty artwork <3 <3

This thread is growing really fast. xDD

afsdfjkla Rebecca, I hope

EVERYTHING

YOU SAID COMES TRUE.

Pleasepleasepleaseplease. ;x;

I think.. if they DID have that conversation ( the one you just made up ), I think he'd be more amused and a tad jealous but not as much because he is a PLAYER (for now u_u ) Though the whole Ga-Eul in tears thing, that's definitely going to trigger something but then at the same time, he's going to realize how much he likes her...which isn't necessarily bad or good because again, it might scare him a bit?! .__.

And I doubt GaEul will become all stalkerish and clingy because like superx3 junior~ said, in this version GaEul is more stronger and independent. Maybe we'll get more glances, blushing, stuttering and all that cute stuff. xD Which could totally make him even more amused.

And oh, I wonder when they're going to get on that EunHae / Yi Jeong stuff. :/ That sounds interesting atleast... but she's coming back right? o___o

I haven't watched the Taiwanese version so I can't make any comparisons or anything.

I'm so excited for the double date episode!! Is the preview online yet? :/

Lalala yay i'm number 9 ;DDD SoEul Mates is GENIUS!!!

But thanks everyone for all the pretty artwork <3 <3

This thread is growing really fast. xDD

yup, that's why I don't think Ga Eul will be the clingy type because compared to the other versions, Ga Eul is more fierce and strong

but i'm just scared that she's the type of girl that changes when it comes to her loved one you know? she becomes weak and is the type

that follows whatever the guy says.

if that happens (which I doubt) i would @$^@#$^#^

-Rebecca

Archived