Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

Guest inezjang

i bet he's the most beautiful baby boy! knowing he has gorgeous looking parents..

CONGRATZ DG !! i share your true happiness!!

*** Finally........we could get to see this soon. I wanna watch it! I like the sword fighting & flying here - it's just that so many special effects here. But I guess it should be interesting anyway - it’s hard to tell from the trailer. The trailer is cool though it's an old clip since I saw this before! After all, the less effects the better the fight scenes. Besides, I want to hear & listen him speak English. Honestly, I’ve been waiting for it for quite a long while. This movie looks good! I'm sure they show it here in my side. :lol:

Jang Dong Gun’s trailer for “The Warrior’s Way” released!

101002_warriorstrailer_main-460x257.jpg

It’s been three years since it was announced that “international superstar” Jang Dong Gun would be starring in a Hollywood movie with Kate Bosworth. After much anticipation, the trailer for “The Warrior’s Way” has finally been released!

In the movie, Jang Dong Gun takes on the role of an assassin-turned-outcast after refusing to kill a baby, the last living bloodline of an enemy clan. He retreats to a western town in order to live out a quiet life, but the bad guys come hunting for his head because they’re still holding a serious grudge.

Though it’s been a long time coming, it looks like this movie was worth the wait! Stunning visuals paired with samurais, ninjas, and cowboys? It’s like every kid’s dream come true! From swordplay to gunplay, this film brings both the eastern and western cultures together for one big epic battle.

Check out the trailer below!

My link

“The Warrior’s Way” hits theaters on December 3rd in the U.S. and Korea.

Source : allkpop

Heartiest congratulations to Jang Dong Gun, the proudest father of a son who is going to be his father's blue-eye boy, just as handsome, talented & famous - all rolled into one package. :wub:

Jang Dong-gun wife gives birth

213.jpg

Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young on their wedding on May 2, 2010. [AM Entertainment]

Top Korean actor Jang Dong-gun's wife actress Ko So-young has given birth to a boy, Jang's agency said on Monday.

Ko, 37, was in labor for ten hours before delivering a 3.2 kilogram baby, yet to be named, at around 4 a.m. today in a hospital in Seoul.

"I'm very happy that both my wife and child are healthy," Jang was quoted as saying by AM Entertainment.

However, Jang will not be able to spend much time with Ko and the newest member of his family; he will visit the city of Busan at the end of the week to promote his upcoming Hollywood debut film "The Warrior's Way" and next week will start filming top Korean director Kang Je-gyu's Hollywood debut movie "My Way" in various locations overseas.

The couple, dubbed Korea's 'couple of the century,' had been expecting a child since early this year, ahead of their marriage in early May.

They tied the knot after dating for two years but sparked rumors of being in a romantic relationship several times since co-starring in 1999 film "Love Wind, Love Song."

Credit to : Jessica Kim jesskim@10Asia

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010100410101702871

Top celeb couple welcomes son

Actress Ko So-young, married to Korea’s top movie star Jang Dong-gun, gave birth to a baby boy in Seoul on Monday morning.

20101004001063_0.jpg

Jang, who stayed with Ko throughout the labor and birth, announced that both the newborn and mother are doing fine.

“I am so happy that both my wife and the baby are doing well,” said Jang. “I thank everyone for their support.”

The couple tied the knot in May this year.

By Claire Lee (clairelee@heraldm.com)

Credit : Korea Herald

http://www.koreaherald.com/entertainment/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20101004000669

October 5, 2010

Actors Jang, Ko become parents

K10040117.jpg

By Ines Min

Actors Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young became the latest couple to join the baby league on Monday.

The star pairing gave birth to a son at 4 a.m. at a hospital in Gangnam, according to Jang’s managing agency.

``The baby weighs 3.23 kilograms and both the mother and child are in good health,’’ they said. ``Jang Dong-gun and his family were present at the hospital for the birth.’’

``I’m so thankful and happy that both my wife and child are healthy,’’ Jang said in a press release. ``I offer my sincerest thanks to those who sent their best wishes.’’

Jang and Ko, both 38-years-old, were married at the Shilla Hotel in May when the actress was four-months pregnant. The discreet couple announced in November 2009 that they had been dating for two years. The two met on the set of the 1998 melodrama ``Love Wind, Love Song.’’

Jang will make his Hollywood debut this December as the leading man in ``The Warrior’s Way.’’

inesmin@koreatimes.co.kr

Credit : Korea Times

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/special/2010/10/178_74010.html

October 6, 2010

Jang Dong-gun, Ko So-young Celebrate Birth of Son

2010100500395_0.jpg

Star couple Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young became happy parents of a baby boy on Monday morning.

Jang's management agency announced that Ko gave birth to their son in a hospital in Seoul at 4 a.m. The baby weighs 3.23 kg, and both the mother and child are healthy.

Through the agency, Jang said, "I'm grateful and happy that my wife and baby are healthy. I extend my heartfelt gratitude to all our fans."

The couple tied the knot on May 2.

englishnews@chosun.com / Oct. 05, 2010 09:13 KST

Credit : Chosun Ilbo

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2010/10/05/2010100500411.html

Jang Dong-gun and wife welcome first child

Jang Dong-gun’s actress wife Ko So-young goes into intensive labour for 11 hours before giving birth to a tiger baby through C-section

524583D861E4883D22846F9236AA.jpg

After 11 hours of labour pain that started from Sunday, Jang Dong-gun's wife Ko So-young has safely given birth to a son through caesarean section (C-section) in the wee hours of Monday.

Earlier in May this year, Jang tied the knot with his then four months pregnant wife Ko, who stayed home most of the time after marriage.

Ko's due date was originally on the 10th this month. But after 11 hours of labour the 37-year-old decided to opt for C-section and successfully gave birth to a son yesterday.

Her management revealed that Ko originally wanted a natural birth. However, due to the prolonged labour hours, the doctor felt that it was safer to do a C-section as Ko may not be able to withstand the long wait.

Jang reportedly spent NTD 380,000 (SGD 20,000) to admit his wife into a VIP ward in the hospital, where she will be staying for at least seven days. The actor has spent another NTD 100,000 (SGD 5000) to store his child's umbilical cord.

The 38-year-old was with his wife throughout labour and made the official announcement that both mother and child are safe, thanking fans for their well-wishes.

According to a fortune teller, the baby's arrival would definitely bring Jang some luck. The Hollywood premier of his new film, The Warrior's Way, is scheduled for a Thursday release.

Credit : mediacorptv

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/celebrity/buzz/asia/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4378395

Jang's Hollywood debut to bridge East and West

By Ines Min

BUSAN — Jang Dong-gun’s long-awaited, upcoming Hollywood debut combines a “Western set and Asian mysticism,” while maintaining an international universality, he said.

The Korean actor unveiled his winter blockbuster “The Warrior’s Way” at a press conference Saturday at the 15th Pusan (Busan) International Film Festival, alongside director Lee Seung-moo, mega producer Barrie M. Osborne (“Matrix” and “Lord of the Rings”) and Lee Joo-ick.

A look at the behind-the-scenes of the multi-national production — Jang co-stars with American actress Kate Bosworth (“Superman Returns”) and Australian legend Geoffrey Rush (“Pirates of the Caribbean”) — and an eight-minute clip of film highlights was shown, simultaneously full of gravity-defying Matrix-action, Zack Snyder slow-motion drama and even a vintage, eclectic circus a la Terry Gilliam.

The movie follows the story of a man raised to become the world’s greatest warrior, then foiled by the laugh of an infant. Vowing to leave behind his violent ways, Warrior (Jang) crosses the seas to find refuge in a small, dusty town, where he learns about life and loving.

“I wanted to create visual images of a fantasy through the clothing design and action scenes,” said the director, whose vision included elegant sword fights and rampant gunplay. He added that he borrowed and melded stylistics from all Asian countries, lending to a feeling of universality. “When the Chinese see it, they think it’s Japanese or Korean. With the Japanese it’s Korean or Chinese, and Koreans, because we know our culture, think it’s Japanese or Chinese.”

Supported by partial sets, green screen and entire backgrounds made of CGI, the movie looks sleek and well-worth the three years since first making the project public.

“We knew we were not striving for a world of reality,” Osborne said. “In our film, it was important for us to convince you that you were in a fable.”

Although the $40 million blockbuster is independently financed, the names and skills behind the shooting certainly help create a polished product, along with the star-studded cast. Three-times Academy Award winning costume designer James Acheson was on board, as well as composer Javier Navarrete (“Pan’s Labyrinth”).

“The Warrior’s Way” will be released Dec. 2 in Korea and the following day in the United States.

inesmin@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2010/10/141_74275.html

'Father' Jang Dong-gun said, "When I held my son for the first time, I felt marvelous"

20101010063109238.jpeg

Jang Dong-gun confessed his feeling when he hugged his son for the first time.

Jang Dong-gun begot a son with Ko So-young on October 4th. For the interview after the birth of his son, he chose the interview of his first Hollywood movie, “The Warrior's Way'.

Jang Dong-gun appeared in Busan Haeundae Grand Hotel during the PIFF on October 9th.

That day, not only Jang Dong-gun appeared to the interview, but director Lee Seung-woo and producer Barry Osborne also attended.

Jang Dong-gun was busy praising his son since it was his first official interview after his son's birth. He said, “He has exactly half-half appearance of me and my wife. Even though his is an infant, he has sharp features. Even the hospital said he was a unusually handsome kid'.

The name of his son was everybody's question but Jang Dong-gun only mentioned, “I have three candidates for the name but not yet decided.” From this people could see his aflutter side as a father.

Jang Dong-gun also added, “Personally, I really want to show off my son more, but it will affect his life and we are not a veteran parents. I want to talk more about this with my son.”

“The feeling of holding my own child for the first time in my life was new to me. It was stranger sensation than happiness. Happiness, wondering and pressure were all mixed up. Anything that happened to me, especially bad thing, felt nothing to me at that moment. I am studying hard to be a good father. I really want to be a role model for my child and he will often get lots of attention. I will consider that as his destiny and do my best to take care of him,” was showing Jang Dong-gun feeling toward his son's birth.

On the other hand, 'The Warrior's Way' will be released in December in both Korea and U.S.

Source : movie.daum.net/moviei... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

i bet he's the most beautiful baby boy! knowing he has gorgeous looking parents..

CONGRATZ DG !! i share your true happiness!!

Hi inez, I very much agree with you - he's the most beautiful baby boy! I’m excited of what will be the name of their baby – is it an English or Korean name? :lol:

*** Aside from the best shape, he also really does have an awesome face. :lol:

Lee Byung Hun has the best V-line face!

Actor, Lee Byung Hun was chosen by fans as the best male star with V-line face.

A survey titled ‘Which male star has the most impressive V-line face?’ was conducted by a plastic surgery clinic from September 13 to October 4. The famous hallyu star, Lee Byung Hun won 302 out of 632 votes and was crowned number 1.

The plastic surgeon from the clinic said, “It’s true that Lee Byung Hun has the best V-line face. The figures of his face including the eye nose and chin line best describe the beauty of masculine. Plus, he looks really attractive especially when he smiles.” Star Won Bin and Jang Dong Gun were ranked second and third in the survey. Chairman of the clinic also predicts that faces of the top 3 hallyu stars will remain popular in the future.

Meanwhile, Lee Byung Hun will be receiving a Minister’s Commendation as the winner of the International Tourism Promotion Division from the Japan Government on October 20.

So, tell me who are your favorite top 3 hallyu stars? Are they similar to the survey results?

Source : popseoul

October 11, 2010

Actress Ko to move to deluxe postnatal care center

kosoyoung_200.jpg

Top actress Ko So-young, 38, will move to a super deluxe care center soon for postnatal care.

“Ko So-young will stay with her baby son at D postnatal care center in southern Seoul from this week,” said a close aide to Ko said. “I believe she has such a decision as there is no postnatal center at the medical center.”

D postnatal care center is widely known as the top-class among women with babies and waiting for delivery.

The 66-square-meter VVIP room the actress will stay is priced at 12 million won for two weeks. It is equipped with esthetic clinic which will care skin of the mother who has given a birth along with private secretary service.

The care center offers top class limousine, Bentley, for the mother and baby when they move from the hospital to the postnatal care center and the postnatal care center to home, according to the center.

The cost quadruples 3 million won average postnatal care center demands for two weeks.

The center give digital door lock keys to both the mother and her husband for complete privacy. For the stable and speedy recovery of the mother, even family members are not allowed to visit the room more than once a week.

The bathroom is made with natural marble, the main room is equipped with king-size bed, which is believed to make actress Ko opt the care center.

In particular, an assistant will care only two babies, including Ko’s son. A pediatrician makes his round every day for special care. All the necessities for the mother and baby are organic products to meet the demand of choosy Ko.

Meanwhile, Ko’s husband Jang Dong-kun returned to Seoul Sunday to care for his wife and son, after finishing the introductionof his new Hollywood film, “The Warrior’s Way,” at the Pusan International Film Festival, without further stay in Busan.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2010/10/113_74319.html

[PIFF] Jang Dong-gun "Warrior" is Asian western film

2010101118300985651_1.jpg

American film producer and director Barrie Osborne and Korean actor Jang Dong-gun pose during a photocall of a press conference for film "The Warrior's Way" held at the Haeundae Grand Hotel in Busan, South Korea on October 9, 2010. [Chae Ki-won/10Asia]

The storyline of "The Warrior's Way" may sound like that of a typical western film -- a man leaves behind his past to live in peace at a quiet village when one day, the village is attacked by intruders and the man fights till his death to defend the village.

However, as director Sngmoo Lee explained at a press conference in Busan on Saturday, his latest feature flips the story to have as Asian warrior fight for a Western village, the warrior played by Korean actor Jang Dong-gun.

Produced by Barrie Osborne of "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Matrix" series, the film also starring Hollywood actors Geoffrey Rush, Kate Bosworth and Danny Houston, is set for release in both Korea and the United States on December 3.

Below are excerpts from the press conference which was attended by Barrie Osborne, Korean producer Jooick Lee, Sngmoo Lee and Jang Dong-gun.

Q: How did you come to make this movie?

Sngmoo Lee: There had been many movies where a Westerner comes and saves an Asian but I started thinking that there weren't any the other way around where a Korean or Asian saves a Western village so I wanted to see what it would be like to express that through Asian and Western martial arts shot with new filming techniques.

Q: The preview footage we have seen shows that Jang Dong-gun plays the role of an Asian warrior. Does he have a nationality? What sort of warrior did you want to portray him as?

Lee: Jang is a warrior but there's a baby in the story so we took a fantasy, storybook and comic-like approach. Taking a historical approach would rather get in the way of you enjoying the movie. So when we designed the wardrobe or the action moves, we tried to create a fantasy-like image, not that of a particular country. We tried very hard to make it difficult to associate the warrior with any country. The style of the martial arts you see is neither Japanese nor Korean nor Chinese. We dulled the nationality on purpose. We just wanted to create an Asian image.

Q: Why did you cast Jang Dong-gun for the role?

Barrie Osborne: Most importantly, I think that Dong-gun both looked the part and possessed the inner character strength that I felt was very necessary. I also frankly know that we looked quite wide for a suitable actor for this role and I felt Dong-gun would also appeal to a Western audience which I thought was very important. I know that he's very popular, especially with women. (laugh) Another point that is crucial for the role was that in the beginning, you want to feel that he's someone that's disconnected from society, that he's an individual with a lot of inner strength but very little connection from the world. And over the course of the movie, you have to believe he suddenly falls in love with a baby, a woman and his community. That is a very difficult thing to portray but just with the very first meeting, I had the belief that he had the ability to convey that.

Q: Jang Dong-gun, how was it for you working on the movie?

Jang Dong-gun: It was a very exciting experience. I had known Geoffrey Rush because I had watched his previous works so I was extremely happy when I heard he had been cast for the movie and I learned a lot while working with worldwide actors. And I'm also happy that I've gained a new sort of experience.

Q: What was most difficult about playing your character?

Jang: The situation that my character is laid in the movie constantly changes which brings a lot of changes also to his emotions so what was most difficult was that I wasn't allowed to express that openly. The director and I talked a lot about that and how my character should respond to something he has never experienced before after living a not-so-ordinary life.

Q: You've achieved so much during your career so far. Is there possibly anything more you desire for?

Jang: I don't think I've ever lived my life wanting to reach a certain goal while living as an actor. This work is just fun for me, working on a role after another. Some people have said I'm expanding my acting career into Hollywood now with this movie but I personally don't put any particular significance into it because this is what I do and it's just another one of the many roles that I will play in the future. I also don't think I've achieved anything quite yet. I'll work hard at what I've been given and I now have a family so I'll do my best for them.

Q: How does it feel being a dad?

Jang: Since it seems everyone is curious about the baby, both the mother and child are very healthy and I think he looks exactly half of me and half of the mother. He's still a newborn but everyone has been praising him, saying that he's a rare sight to see, because he has very defined features. (laugh) The emotion that I felt when my child was born and I received him, was something that I had never felt before in my life. It was a strange feeling rather than just being plain good. I felt a bit happy, a bit burdened, and a bit marveled. And honestly, all the experiences I had during my lifetime till now and all the concerns I had, whether it be over a new role or the success of a film, they all seemed like nothing. It was a very strange emotion to experience. We haven't decided on his name yet, we're trying to choose between three choices. It'll come in a few days.

Reporter : Jessica Kim jesskim@

Photographer : Chae ki-won ten@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010101123354934840

[PHOTO] "The Warrior's Way" cast, crew at presser

2010101123302814396_1.jpg

From left, director Sngmoo Lee, actor Jang Dong-gun, producer Barrie Osborne and producer Jooick Lee attend a press conference for film "The Warrior's Way" held at the Haeundae Grand Hotel in Busan, South Korea on October 9, 2010.

2010101123302814396_2.jpg

Jooick Lee, Sngmoo Lee, Barrie Osborne, Jang Dong-gun [Chae Ki-won/10Asia]

From left, producer Jooick Lee, director Sngmoo Lee, producer Barrie Osborne and actor Jang Dong-gun pose during a photocall of a press conference for film "The Warrior's Way" held at the Haeundae Grand Hotel in Busan, South Korea on October 9, 2010.

Photographer : Chae ki-won ten@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010101123344830721

October 14, 2010

Jang plays proud papa

[TALK OF THE TOWN]

13220942.jpg

Actor Jang Dong-gun played the role of proud father at a recent press event.

Jang beamed when talking about his son at a press call held on Oct. 9 at the Busan Haeundae Grand Hotel for his new movie, “The Warrior’s Way.”

“He is very healthy and has both his mom and dad’s features,” Jang said of his son. “Even at the hospital, they all complimented him by saying that he has a face that is rarely seen these days.”

He continued that he and his wife Ko So-young have not yet chosen a name for their son but said that they have shortened the list to three.

Jang and Ko were wed on May 2 and their son was born on Oct. 4.

By Hannah Kim Contributing writer

Credit : JoongAngDaily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2927120

Which celebrities do Koreans wish to marry?

According to a poll conducted by a marriage agency in korea, Korean Idol Rain and Actress Jeon Ji Hyun from “My Sassy Girl” emerged the top two celebrities chosen as “My dream husband” and “My dream wife” respectively.

But it seems that Rain is too busy to even have time to date. Rain’s manager says that he is a perfectionist who spends 20 hours a day filming and training his vocals and only has 3 hours of sleep everyday.

Results of poll:

My Dream Husband

1) Rain

2) Jang Dong Gun

3) Song Il Guk

My Dream Wife

1) Jeon Ji Hyun

2) Kim Tae Hee

3) Lee Hyori

Source: cq.people.com.cn, kish_agnes-SIG thread

Translated by: Yi Wei

October 15, 2010

Who is that baby with Jang Dong Gun in Warrior’s Way?

jangdonggun2.jpg

Seoul, Korea – In the midst of the unveiling of The Warrior’s Way, Jang Dong Gun’s Hollywood debut, on the 9th at the Pusan International Film Festival, a lot of attention has been given to a baby who makes an appearance in the movie.

On the 14th, according to SK Telecom, the baby is ‘April’ a child of the enemy of the greatest warrior in the world (Jang Dong Gun). The expressions and acting came so naturally during filming that many would confuse her for computer graphics.

It is said that April, who at the time of filming was 10 months old, showed more acting poise than her fellow castmates. Many people at the Pusan press conference were curious of the baby’s identity.

In The Warrior’s Way, even though the child is his most hated enemy’s, takes her in as his own and gives up everything he has and begins a new life. The baby is an important motif in the movie in that she is the one who breaks down the cold, hard exterior of the warrior and fills him up with loving feelings.

Just as in the film, April has melted Jang Dong Gun’s heart.

April, who didn’t know how to walk when filming began, started to follow every move of Jang Dong Gun, watching him closely and trying to follow his facial expressions, almost calculating every move he made, impressing the staff.

Also, according to the staff, unlike other child actors who they have to wait for the right moment to film, she surprised the staff with her actions, almost as if she memorized the script.

She fulfilled her duties almost too well, prompting director Lee Seung Moo to joke that “the child in the movie is CG. April not only fulfilled her duties as an actor but also lifted the spirits of the staff on location, acting as a source of endorphins”.

In the midst of the attention given to the chemistry between baby April and Jang Dong Gun, who recently became a father in real life, the action blockbuster The Warrior’s Way is set to open nationally on December 2nd.

By Hyun Hwa Young (young@jtn.co.kr)

Source: JTN (Original article in Korean)

Photo from JTN DB

Translated by Timothy Nam / Korea.com

Guest valley girl

The warrior's Way trailer

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the-warriors-way/trailers/11123151

bit annoying when the words " the international Superstar" Jang dong Gun..

• 2 weeks later...

November 2, 2010

Poster launches ‘Warrior’s Way’ ads

By Hannah Kim Contributing writer joongangdaily.com

225032_1.jpg

The marketing campaign for actor Jang Dong-gun’s first Hollywood film “The Warrior’s Way” is getting underway with distributors in the United States and Britain using Korean distributor SK Telecom’s poster for their ad campaigns.

The poster was unveiled at a press screening for the 15th Pusan International Film Festival last month. It has been chosen as the official movie poster by the U.K.’s Entertainment Film Distributors Ltd. and American distributor Relativity Media.

“The poster portrays Jang and the other characters well. It is very well-made,” SK Telecom quoted Relativity Media as saying in a statement on Nov. 1.

The Warrior’s Way is about a swordsman, played by Jang, who has retreated to an American town in the desert but is forced to fight again to protect the people he loves.

The film also stars Geoffrey Rush, Kate Bosworth and Danny Huston.

It will open in theaters in the both United States and Korea on Dec. 2.