Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

Korea --> Jang Dong-gun, Japan --> Bae Yong-joon… different ‘taste’

nopredict200609120728010.jpg

"Jang Dong-gun in Korea, Bae Yong-joon in Japan"

Oricon Style of Japan that conducts various kinds of surveys began with Oricon Chart of album-sales ranking, announced the selection of Top 5 favorite male and female actors of Korean and Japanese people on 11 September. Oricon Style, that conducted survey to 2 groups, Korean and Japanese people from teens to 40s, noted that the favors of the 2 countries are different and ‘Hallyu stars are not exactly Korean stars’.

In this survey, Korean chose JDG as the top actor, while Japanese selected Bae Young-joon. The result of Korean people is JDG followed by Won Bin, Jo In-sung, Jo Jae-hyun and Song Kang-ho in Top 5. Meanwhile in the result for Japanese, Hallyu star names Bae Yong-joon, JDG, Lee Byung-hun, Won Bin and Park Young-ha are listed orderly.

Oricon Style displayed curiosity on points that Bae Yong-joon and Lee Byung hun cannot make into Korean top 5, and JDG evenly holds the 1st and 2nd places in the 2 countries’ survey.

Reported by Jo Jae-won, miin@sportshankook.co.kr

2006/09/12 07:28:16

Article re-posted from Just Jang Dong Gun @ www.jang-donggun.com

Translated by YoonEe

KBS English news reporting the same survey:

Originators of Korean Wave Still Loved in Japan

0912_enter_1_l.jpg

Four Korean actors who are considered the originators of the Korean Wave, or Korean pop culture craze, have been found to still be the favorites among Japanese fans.

In its internet edition on Monday, the Japanese entertainment magazine Oricon Style announced the results of its survey of Japanese people between their teens and 40s that asked, “Who is your favorite Korean actor and actress?” The announcement came in the wake of the news that the recent Korean movie “The Host” is drawing global attention.

Bae Yong-joon, who stole the hearts of Japanese women with his role in “Winter Sonata,” was chosen as the most popular Korean male star. He was praised for his sincere and caring attitude toward his fans and his "killer" smile. Following Bae were Jang Dong-kun, whose tough image was cited as his charm, Lee Byung-hyun and Won Bin.

The magazine said that it has been three years since the Korean Wave hit the island country, but the four Korean stars have been enjoying unchanging popularity.

Choi Ji-woo, known as Jiwoo hime ("princess"), was cited as the most loved Korean actress for her beautiful appearance and sophisticated style. Yoon Son-ha, who is working in Japan, took second place due to unwavering support from her male fans, followed by Lee Young-ae.

Meanwhile, Oricon Style posed the same question to Koreans, who chose Jang Dong-kun and Son Ye-jin as their favorite actor and actress, respectively.

Sep 12, 2006 KST 17:15

Source: http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/new...5080_11858.html

by YoonEe

Guest noel_zambie

wow, so you've finished the doctor drama, noel_zambie. hehe i dont know if you can consider that suicide, cuz he knew he was gunna go anyways. im like you, i loved AAE more. still am crazy over it :D

He, infact, didn't suicide dear... Like Autyumn said... he knew he's going to go since his lung disease cun be covered while his brother's gf need an heart to survive.... He died but another person cud live by his heart !!! Super hero doctor !!! :w00t:

daynm... i haf to re-watch doctor Kim Su Young tomorrow night ... :rolleyes:

agree that he's a very noble man by giving his heart but still for me it's a suicide, unless he had an accident then the doctors declared he's died clinically (don't know if it's right term) but it's only my opinion :sweatingbullets:

which scene made you use ur tissue??? :blink:

for me...

it's when "the mother" came and ask him to go home :(

agree that he's a very noble man by giving his heart but still for me it's a suicide, unless he had an accident then the doctors declared he's died clinically (don't know if it's right term) but it's only my opinion :sweatingbullets:

which scene made you use ur tissue??? :blink:

for me...

it's when "the mother" came and ask him to go home :(

for me.. i cried at many scenes dear... :(

- when he laid his head on her lap before he decided to die

herlapwj4.jpg

- when he met his "brother" at night... the last nite before he die

brotherch7.jpg

- n i cried like raining when he called her to inform the true..

phonevq4.jpg

then his brother brought his heart to the hospital.. then she cried when seeing his heart operated out ...

dienm5.jpg

OMO...

36_1_4.gif36_1_4.gif

Captures credit to blog.naver.com/jackal35

What scenes u think he is the most handsome ?? :w00t:

Thanks TY_KSW for the info regarding Hyun Bin's connection with Jang Donggun

And I must say that I love these new look of JDG...he looks to be of the same age with Hyun Bin, Rain.

And that hair makes him more younger, I saw that kind of hair also with Kwon Sang Woo in his Anycall video :unsure:

Thanks TY_KSW for the info regarding Hyun Bin's connection with Jang Donggun

And I must say that I love these new look of JDG...he looks to be of the same age with Hyun Bin, Rain.

And that hair makes him more younger, I saw that kind of hair also with Kwon Sang Woo in his Anycall video :unsure:

wow.. Thanks for ur commend :rolleyes: ... dear Galchi.. we haf same thot: his new appearance suitable n his hairstyle connection to KSW's ... How cud we think same ?? :w00t:

Guest ruffluv109

Cont..

200609_1024.jpgCredit to Dreamer for Jang-donggun.com

Source: www.primemax.co.kr

gahhh...i'm so in love with that little dimple at the corner of his mouth.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Max Beer CF - 20s

CAPTURES CF version 1

maxcf1psdak5.jpg

:sweatingbullets:

Credit to Dreamer for Jang-donggun.com

sigh......why does he has to be sooo cute???

[GIF]Max Beer CF

jdg_max_beer_001.gif:D:D:D:D By me

dear tanya, thanks for the GIFs....would you mind if i use this one as my avatar?? :P:P

speaking of Medical Brothers, well,that can be counted as commit suicide...but i guess he did that cuz he knows sooner or later he's gonna die anyway... :tears: , so why not do some deed and give his heart to the needy... :( . I think the saddest part for me is when he met his brother for the last time, when he slept on LYA's lap and tell her all those sweet things... :tears: and the part when he already died and LYA was crying like mad hugging his face... :tears: ...oh boy...i need some kleenex now.... :tears:

JDG becomes beer CF model for the 1st time

[sports Seoul, 2006-09-11 00:38]

How does the entertainment’s ‘sculpture-like handsome man’ JDG (34) look when he is drinking?

JDG, who’s at the top place in movie and CF, appeared in beer CF for the first time since his debut. JDG in Hite Beer ‘Max’ CF that's broadcasted from 9 September, is coming closer like a friend, cheerful and unconstrained. He has appeared in soju advertisement before, but it’s the first time in beer CF.

He shows his drinking expression that has never been shown before. His expression of tasting and drinking-up the beer is exquisite and charming. From his expression only, we would involuntary infer the refreshing taste of the beer. Rather than the perfect handsome star, he looks more like a friend we always drink together with. JDG, who enjoys drinking beer, shows the delightful daily life in this CF story, different from other CFs that emphasizing his outstanding looks.

JDG who is active as the blue chip model for Samsung card, Posco E&C, Parkland, Giordano, Samsung digital camera, OCN, and Missha cosmetic is the best-paid male model. He signed a one-year contract with Hite Beer. It was reported that his fee was over 700 million won, the highest for local alcoholic drink CF model. Last year he earned 4 billion won from CF only.

Max beer and matched food such as barbeque rib, fried prawns, and grilled seafood are appearing in 3 versions of multi CF, to make mouth watering. However it was unknown that JDG suffered during filming the scenes. The tasty food and the even tastier beer set right in front him, made him shedding tears. It was because of the smoke coming out from grilling the food. Acting right in front of the grill roasting the barbeque rib and grilled seafood to convey the fresh impression of food, he wiped out his tears during filming. The scene is accomplished to make mouth watering by just viewing it. To show the steaming fried prawns, JDG had a hard time all day long. His hands got burnt because holding hot fried food. At every short break between filming, he put his hands into ice.

Cho Hyun-jung, hjcho@sportsseoul.com

Translated by YoonEe

Source: http://news.naver.com

36_1_36.gif

aww, thank you so much for the article, TY_KSW. i totally miss seeing him light up the drama screen though :)

Yes... Autuymnrain !!! longing for seeing him again in drama .. wif kissing scenes...

Just expect.. he will co-star wif my fav actress !!! :w00t:

Guest ladyzfingers

he's not the only good looking actor

but he's really great in acting

i was watching his movies before,but "Taegukgi" & "The Coast Guard"

impressed me most, no wonder he become no.1 actor

besides,he's so manly...

Gosh. He looks so f***ing hot in this photoshoot.

I love the pictures. I still can't get over how hot he is. :blush:

totally! who is your fave actress then, TY_KSW? :D

and pinkypeachlady, definitely he's one of the highest paid actors !

my fav actress are Ko So Young, Kim Ha Neul and Lee young Ae..To Dong Gun, i luve to see him acting wif KSY or LYA !!! :rolleyes:

he's not the only good looking actor

but he's really great in acting

i was watching his movies before,but "Taegukgi" & "The Coast Guard"

impressed me most, no wonder he become no.1 actor

besides,he's so manly...

u r right.. Ladyzfingers... .. He is so manly.. easy to find handsome actor but hard to find a "manly" :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Gosh. He looks so f***ing hot in this photoshoot.

I love the pictures. I still can't get over how hot he is. :blush:

This_kid.. u did crack me up :lol:

We sometimes cun get enuf over the hotties...

O/t.. ur Hwanhee's voice is sexy sweet :w00t: