Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

November 18, 2015

Source: STARNEWS (via Google-translate) 

According to this news update, actress Lee Min Jung had attended the VIP Premiere for 'Inside Men' held on Monday. It's reported that she had a delightful time at the screening. However, her photos were not revealed as she wanted to avoid the spotlight. Lee Min Jung had arrived earlier and later exited using a separate entrance.

bhmj_6.jpg

• Like 4

November 18, 2015

Lee Min-jung supports Lee Byung-hun at preview for ‘Inside Men’

Lee Min-jung (left) and Lee Byung-hun (OSEN)

Actress Lee Min-jung attended a VIP preview for the movie, “Inside Man,” starring her husband, actor Lee Byung-hun, at Megabox COEX on Monday, according to a local news report. 

Lee participated in the after party, meeting Lee Byung-hun’s coworkers and spent some time together. 

Previously, it was reported that Lee would not be able to participate in the event, worrying that she might get too much spotlight. 

Lee gave birth to a son in March and has been focusing on child care since then. 

“Inside Man,” the movie about dark sides of Korean political arena is set to premiere on Thursday. 

By Lee Hye-won (hyewonlee@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 4

Haven't found any English update on this but several Korean media updates stated that 'Inside Men' opens at number 1 with the highest ticket booking rank (Google -translate)

November 18, 2015

'Inside Men' Opens at Number 1

Source: Issues & News

70533_51555_341.jpg

1. Inside Men 
2. Hunger Games: The Final 
3. The Priests
4. Spectre 
5. The Chef 
6. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 
7. Buena Vista Social Club 
8. The iDOLM@STER Movie
9. Bridge of Spies
10. We Are Your Friends

• Like 4

Related captures from various sites & fan-sharing at EverythingLBH and LBH-soompi.com
Check out more photos compiled at our Gallery 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 /6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 / 17 / 18 / 19 & Related updates here / here 
EverythingLBH.com thanks every fan-sharing ardently with our utmost gratitude

INSIDE MEN 내부자들 2015.11.18

Uncut 3-hour INSIDE MEN: THE ORIGINAL 2015.12.31

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg
p6.jpg
p7.jpg

p8.jpg

p9.jpg

p10.jpg

Spoiler

p11.jpg

p12.jpg

p13.jpg

p14.jpg

June 11, 2014

THE INSIDERS Confirm Lee Byung-hun and Cho Seung-woo
Another Yoon Tae-ho's Webtoon-based Film Following MOSS

[by Tae Sang-joon KoBiz] Cho Seung-woo (Tazza: The High Rollers, 2006) has been confirmed to star in The Insiders, said Showbox/Mediaplex Inc. on June 6th. Cho will be cast as a public prosecutor who works against corrupt politicians. Director of Man of Vendetta (2010) Woo Min-ho will be taking the speakerphone for The Insiders which is based on a webtoon by Yoon Tae-ho. The work will dissect the corruption within Korean society. Cho will play the heroic public prosecutor named Woo Jang-hoon who will fight against the politicians who demand law to be bent for their benefit. Cho has received critical acclaim not only through film and TV series, but also from the world of musicals. It is his first feature in two years following The Peachtree (2012). A gang member with political power, Ahn Sang-goo, will be played by Lee Byung-hun. The chemistry between the two actors is highly anticipated. The Insiders will crank in during this summer and will release in theatres early 2015.

April 7, 2014

Lee Byung Hun coming back with 'Insiders'

[Source: NoCutNews via Hancinema.net] Actor Lee Byung Hun is starring in the new movie "The Insiders" based on the original web-toon by Yoon Tae-ho. Directed by Woo Min-ho, this movie takes a look at the corruption and irregularity rooted deep in the Korean society. Lee Byung Hun takes on the role of Ahn Sang-goo, a political gangster who falls to the ground after doing all the chores the higher ranking and deciding revenge against them. The actor is an international star who has starred in Hollywood blockbusters such as "G.I.Joe 2", "RED: The Legend" and more. He's expected to play a character unlike the ones he's done so far. "The Insiders" will be released next year.

[Source: Innolife Korea] Lee Byung-hun had chosen his next work. Production Company of ‘Insiders’ announced that he will be in this movie. It is based on the web-toon of Yoon Tae Ho who is well-known as the writer of ‘Moss’ and ‘Incomplete life’ and Woo Min Ho will direct this film. It is the story about the Korean modern and contemporary history. Lee Byung Hun will take the part of Ahn Sang Gu, the gang who is planning to revenge.

[by alim17 AllKpop.com] Actor Lee Byung Hun has been cast in a new movie directed by Woo Min Ho and written by Yoon Tae Ho called 'Insiders.' He will be playing the 'political gangster' Ahn Sang Goo in the movie, which is based on a web-toon of the same name. The movie focuses on the decay and corruption deeply rooted in Korean society through a sharp dissection of "inside people." Lee Byung Hun's character, Ahn Sang Goo, will play one of those corrupt people, who then become bent on revenge after his life comes to ruin. They will begin filming in July for a premiere in the first half of 2015!

June 3, 2014

Jo Seung Woo to Film 'The Insiders' with Lee Byung Hun

[By Staff Writer KDramaStars.com] Actor Jo Seung Woo confirmed his role in the most expected movie of 2015, "The Insiders." He is going to star in the movie as the prosecutor Woo Jang Hoon. Directed by filmmaker Woo Min Ho, "The Insiders" is based on the web cartoon of the same name by Yoon Tae Ho, who also wrote and drew the popular web cartoons "Mi Sang" and "Moss." In the film, actor Jo Seung Woo plays prosecutor Woo Jang Hoon, who uncovers bribery o the politicians. He is going to film with actor Lee Byung Hun, who plays the role of Ahn Sang Goo, the gang member who works for politicians. The film "The Insiders" team will start filming this summer, and premiere early next year.

June 12, 2014

Actor Baek Yoon Sik et al. Joining 'The Insiders' Cast

the_insiders_21.jpg
Writer: Yoon Tae Ho l Director: Woo Min Ho

Related Links:

SHOWBOX l Asianwiki l The Hankyoreh l Hancinema l LBH-soompi l JSW-soompi

March 28, 2014

Telling stories of 'incomplete lives'
Popular webtoon author Yoon Tae-ho shares his life and work 

By Claire Lee The Korea Herald

Webtoon writer Yoon Tae-ho says he barely enjoys his work. But it is his everything. 

“I never really got to do anything for pure enjoyment or for myself,” he said in an interview with The Korea Herald in his office in Seoul. “I’ve never played StarCraft. I’ve never played billiards. I don’t enjoy work, either. What I want to do is to do it well, do better.”

The 44-year-old is best known for his webtoon “Misaeng,” which means “an incomplete life.” The iconic series, which ran from 2012 to 2013 online and drew some 1 billion hits, tells the story of a young former go player who takes a job as an intern at a Korean corporation. The compelling narrative deals with the fierce competition for survival, claustrophobic work relationships and office politics. The characters are all flawed and layered, and all reach for what they think is better. But as the series’ title suggests, Yoon never lets any of them “have it all.” There is no such thing as a “complete” life.

“People tell me that I must be happy because I am living my dreams,” he said. “But compared to the kind of person that I wanted to be when I was a child ― I mean of course I wanted to be a cartoonist ― the person I am now is pretty much a monster. I’ve made too many mistakes and inconvenienced others too many times to be the person that I initially wanted to be: a just, healthy individual who overcomes his struggles rather gracefully. And no one achieves everything that they want. You can only strive. You can never be fully complete.”

Spoiler

20140328001765_0.jpg

Webtoon writer Yoon Tae-ho poses in his office prior to an interview with The Korea Herald on March 7. (Lee Sang-sub/The Korea Herald)

Yoon grew up in a rural area of Gwangju, South Jeolla Province, with an abusive, strict father. The family did not have many things, and Yoon suffered from a skin disease which severely affected his self-esteem as a child. “It was in the country, so kids would become friends by bathing in a river together,” he said. “I could not join them because I didn’t want to undress and show them my skin. That’s why I became obsessed with drawing cartoons. You have to be good at at least one thing in order for other kids to talk to you.”

One of his strongest childhood memories involves his father. Yoon’s father worked in Jordan for three years as a laborer, and while working in the foreign country, he never visited his family as he could not afford plane tickets. The day his father returned to his town, Yoon was sitting on the ground alone, playing with grass and a small piece of glass. He saw the cab, which carried his father, arriving, but could not run to his father to greet him.

“I always felt like I was an incomplete child for him, and that I was not good enough for him because of my skin,” he said. “And there my father was, arriving after three years, and I still could not approach him. I felt like he wouldn’t be happy to see me. I remember being stuck on the ground, just watching the cab coming in. I remember being ashamed of myself. This is one of the things that I remember the most from my childhood.” 

After being rejected by a university, Yoon became an assistant to renowned manga artist Huh Young-man and later to artist Jo Woon-hak. Yoon said he was an angry man during his 20s. He would get into fights a lot with strangers. 

“I would get into fights at a food stall, because I thought this person next to me was looking down on me because I was small in physique.” Meanwhile, he spent all of his free time trying to create his own work, practicing drawing night after night. He made his debut in 1993 with “Emergency Landing.”

Yoon is inarguably a great storyteller and researcher, as well as a top cartoonist. “Misaeng,” for one, is a result of countless interviews with real-life people who work for corporations. The seven professionals who agreed to be interviewed were in fact fans of Yoon’s previous work, “Moss.” One of Yoon’s ways to get the best answers was to be brave enough to ask the very “rudimentary” questions. 

“I think at first they didn’t want to be rude and wanted to treat me as someone who is knowledgeable,” he said. “So I told them, ‘Explain it to me as if you were explaining it to a middle school student.’ If you really want to know about something, you have to have the courage to look like an idiot, the courage to say you don’t know anything about what they know. And you start with very simple and basic questions, such as ‘How does your superior address you at work?’ People assume that you would know, but honestly, you don’t.”

Yoon credits his wife, whom he describes as a “fair and gracious” person, and their children for healing his childhood trauma. He said he’s a better and more positive person thanks to them. The name of the webtoon’s protagonist, Gu-rae, in fact means “Yes.” 

“When I was thinking about what to name the protagonist, I was smoking a cigarette,” he said. “And I happened to see my reflection in the window, and realized I was wearing a T-shirt with a giant ‘YES.’ And I instantly thought of the name Gu-rae. So I called my wife and asked her what she thought. She liked it, too. I wanted him to have that positive attitude regardless of how depressing the reality is. And I want the same for my children.”

“Misaeng” was also published in book form, and has sold some 600,000 copies. Yoon is starting season two of the series in October, this time featuring the lives of people who work for a smaller corporation. 

“The reason why a particular sentence is moving is not necessarily because that sentence was simply well-written, but mostly because the context that surrounds it in the narrative was persuasive,” he said, when asked for tips on writing. “A good sentence is not written, but discovered. Don’t try to just ‘write’ well. Try to get into the essence of the situation that you are trying to tell, and search for the words that are most needed there.”

20140712_e11.jpg

the_insiders_15.jpg

st1.jpg

Spoiler

st2.jpg

st3.jpg

st4.jpg

st5.jpg

st6.jpg

st7.jpg

st8.jpg

st9.jpg

insidemen_20.jpg

insidemen_21.jpg

insidemen_22.jpg

insidemen_23.jpg

insidemen_24.jpg

insidemen_28.jpg

• Like 4

These numbers are for Nov 18, from KoBiz. Not really at the number 1 spot (yet) at the Korean box office but it's really ok because today is not the official opening day, brought forward a day earlier due to big demand. Just looking at the screen numbers compared to the movie at number 1, Inside Men is really doing great.

There are a lot of good reviews on Instagram shared by those watching the screenings tonight, the midnight show. Can't really keep up with the non-stop feedback but it's all good. A lot of positive comments e.g best movie of the year, highly recommended and the likes . Even if we can't really understand all the Korean words, the clapping, thumbs up and 5 stars icons say it clearly.

Wishing all the best, INSIDE MEN Fighting!

Source: KoBiz20151118bo.jpg

• Like 4

November 18, 2015

Lee Byung-hun, Jo Seung-woo and Baek Yoon-sik in "Inside Men", the movie of their lives

Source: OSEN via Hancinema.net

photo655810.jpg

It looks like Lee Byung-hun, Jo Seung-woo and Baek Yoon-sik are going to experience the movie of their lives.

"The Inside Men" is being anticipated by fans all over the country as they want to see the three actors as their characters as soon as possible.

Jo Seung-woo and Baek Yoon-sik are back with some passionate performances let alone Lee Byung-hun himself.

Lee Byung-hun takes on the character of Ahn Sang-gu, a political gangster. He used to be allies with powerful Lee Kang-hee (Baek Yoon-sik) and did the dirty work for Chaebols, politicians and other authorities. However, he loses it all one day by scheming for something more and becomes a loser. He goes over the humiliation he's been through and plans revenge.

This is the most extreme transformation Lee Byung-hun has gone for a character and it rewrites his filmography as he shows various faces behind the man who has fallen to the ground.

Not only that, Jo Seung-woo plays an investigator named Woo Jang-hoon. He was a former policeman with strong will. Jo Seung-woo dramatically portrays this character and proves his reputation by giving it his all.

Like a tiger, like a cat there is a character named Lee Kang-hee who watches them from behind. This is played by Baek Yoon-sik.

Lee Kang-hee makes authority through writing. He is an editor in chief who makes witty remarks to create a structure of authority not visible to others and manipulates them. He is the example of the saying, "The pen is mightier than the sword". Baek Yoon-sik's unique charisma allowed him to pull this character off. His eyes say they know everything but they pretend not to when the situation requires it.

Meanwhile, "The Inside Men" is based on an unfinished web-toon and the official release date is the 19th.

• Like 4

A thorough and good review by Korea Herald user posted image

November 19, 2015

‘Inside Men’ is darkness everywhere

“Inside Men” is a scathing, absorbing work about the dirty tricks that manipulate public opinion and power in Korean society.

That might seem like nothing new. This year, the Korean box office has seen its fair share of movies discussing the corruption and collusion rampant in Korean society. 

But “Inside Men” is different because there is no good guy to root for. There is no justice-seeking lawyer as in “The Unfair” or righteous cop like in “Veteran.” Politician, prosecutor, columnist and mobster are all out for their own skins, gleefully flaunting their disregard for the rules and the idea of loyalty.

Cho Seung-woo (left) and Lee Byung-hun in “Inside Men” (Showbox)

Based on the eponymous unfinished webtoon by Yoon Tae-ho, who also wrote “Moss” (which became a film in 2010) and “Misaeng” (adapted as a TV drama last year), the film takes the audience down a seemingly inescapable rabbit hole of immorality without cutting corners. The scenes are sexually and violently explicit, with secret meetings and decadent parties shrouded in sinister darkness by award-winning cinematographer Ko Rak-seon (“The Fatal Encounter,” “The Face Reader”). 

Luckily, director Woo Min-ho does a good job of taking Yoon’s unfinished series and pulling the characters together into a coherent storyline of betrayal and revenge. The fast-paced second half of the movie, decorated with a half-expected yet still surprising twist, plucks the audience out from their collective horror and brings them back into the comfort zone of a commercial thriller.

Baek Yoon-sik in “Inside Men” (Showbox)

“The film is very different from the cartoon,” Woo admitted at a press conference before the film’s release. “The original cartoon was very strong, and I tried to keep that strength in my plot.” 

“While the cartoon focused on the corrupt systems existing in Korea, the film focused on the intense competition between the characters themselves,” he said. 

And it is the characters that carry the movie, thanks to an expertly cast ensemble. Baek Yoon-sik plays kingmaker columnist Lee Gang-hui, who writes influential articles that sway public opinion to fit his needs. The prolific Lee Gyoung-young depicts politician Jang Pil-woo, a presidential favorite who widens his network with unsavory favors. 

Cho Seung-woo plays prosecutor Woo Jang-hun, who is determined to rise through the ranks despite his humble background, and Lee Byung-hun stars as Ahn Sang-gu, a thug fixer that does the bidding of powerful people with deep pockets.

Lee Byung-hun in ”Inside Men“ (Showbox)

All four actors give stellar performances, but it is Lee Byung-hun who shines through -- so much that even the unforgiving Korean online crowd has praised his acting in early reviews despite recent personal scandals that had made him a public enemy. 

“I don’t like Lee as a person, but as an actor, he’s the best,” reads one comment. 

“In the end, Lee Byung-hun is Lee Byung-hun,” reads another.

From his carefully tailored looks to the way he eats ramen and the jokes he ad-libbed onscreen, Lee’s character leaves the strongest impression, while also providing comic relief. Speaking to reporters, Lee said that he put a lot of thought into creating the character.

“When I first got the script, Sang-gu was a very different person. He was more heavy and mobster-like than humorous. I thought the script was great, but I felt that the fast pace of the film didn’t give the audience any time to breathe,” he said.

Cho Seung-woo in ”Inside Men“ (Showbox)

“I wanted to create a character and situations that provided those breaks, and the director gave me permission to take it in a more humorous direction.”

That humorous touch was the cherry on top for “Inside Men,” which successfully merged the deep, socially conscious message of cartoonist Yoon Tae-ho with the commercial movie style of Woo Min-ho. Even with all its darkness, “Inside Men” is an entertaining ride.

“Inside Men” opened Thursday.

By Won Ho-jung (hjwon@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 4

@rubie thank you so much for all the articles, photos and videos. I am thrilled at the good reviews and positive remarks.

I see showbox advertising the film quite a bit.  Here is their recent photos they updated - aprox. 45 min ago. (on their FB page)

"1위로 쭉 가자고, 화끈하게"
전 예매사이트 독보적 1위 기록!

‪#‎내부자들‬ ‪#‎이병헌‬ ‪#‎조승우‬ ‪#‎백윤식‬
‪#‎배우들도_1위라서_좋은가봉가‬

12239521_949338911809886_856780032292219

12241379_949338918476552_224716374965904

12243303_949338915143219_552930701068083

12279215_949338925143218_465877582754172

12246776_949338921809885_386249448316390

• Like 4

November 18, 2015

Eight K-Drama Actors Who Survived A Scandal

BY Julie Jones | KDramaStars

In "Oh My Venus" So Ji Sub's character leaves the U.S. because of a scandal with a self-indulgent actress. While dating a starlet is not enough to derail a career in the U.S., it's big news back in Korea where he's the son of a prominent family. In real life So Ji Sub was never involved in a scandal.  But at least eight k-drama stars have faced a scandal in their careers and bounced back.

And some of the scandals were more serious than dating a starlet.

Joo Ji Hoon, who recently starred in the melodrama "Mask," had a promising career before his arrest on drug charges in 2009. His acting resume included the dramas "Princess Hours" and "The Devil" as well as the film "Antique Bakery." He pled guilty to using ecstasy and ketamine. He was sentenced to six months of jail time, suspended for one year, and fined. After his probation ended, he enlisted in the Korean Army, then made his comeback with the film "I Am King."

Song Seung Hoon, who will star in the historical drama "Shin Saimdang; The Herstory," had a scandal surrounding his mandatory two-year military duty.  Rumors began to spread that he illegally avoided his military service by pretending that he was sick. He agreed to serve and eventually attained the rank of corporal. Two years after his military duty ended, he took a role in the 2008 drama "East of Eden," following that with the Japanese remake of the film "Ghost."

Jang Hyuk, who plays an innkeeper in "The Merchant Gaek Ju 2015," was accused of taking a drug that rendered him physically unfit for military duty. He apologized publicly and enlisted. The scandal was not good for his career butdid not end it. He made his comeback with the drama "Thank You." And his career is stronger than ever.

Before singer-actress IU got involved in a scandal, she was considered the "nation's little sister." Then IU innocently tweeted a photo of herself with Super Junior member Eunhyuk. The photo looked like they were lying in bed together. IU said they were merely relaxing on her couch and are just friends. But the scandal did affect her career and lost her advertising jobs. However, she eventually bounced back. Her music career is still going strong and she has several dramas to her credit, including "Producer."

Lee Ji Ah, who will appear in the two-episode drama 'Snow Lotus," had to admit to dating "Athena: Goddess of War" co-star Jung Woo Sung when a fan snapped a photo of them on holiday in Paris. Around that time it was also revealed that she had secretly been married to k-pop icon Seo Taiji for nine years and divorced him without anyone knowing. She and Jung Woo Sung broke up because she kept her marriage a secret from him.

Lee Mi Sook, who appears in "The Exclusive" this year, was caught in a scandal involving a younger man. He was said to be 17 years younger than she was and worked as a bar host. It was rumored that she helped him financially while she was still married. Lee Mi Sook's plastic surgeon husband divorced her, but her career survived. She recently appeared in the dramas "Miss Korea" and "You're The Best Lee Soon Shin."

Park Shi Hoo's scandal almost landed him in jail. In 2013 he was accused of raping an aspiring actress but he claimed the sex was consensual. The accusation resulted in a string of lawsuits that were all eventually dropped. He did not work in Korea for two years but in 2015 he is set to return to the small screen in the cable drama "Neighborhood Hero."

Lee Byung Hun was blackmailed by two women who taped an illicit conversation they shared. He reported the blackmail to the police. The resulting publicity revealed more questionable interactions between the newly married actor and one of his blackmailers, model Lee Ji Yeon. Lee's marriage seemed momentarily shaky but recovered. His career never faltered. He appeared in the k-movie "Memories of the Sword," a few Hollywood blockbusters, such as "Terminator Genysis," as well as the films "Beyond Deceit" and "Inside Men."

But then as So Ji Sub's character found out in 'Oh My Venus,' it takes a much bigger scandal to derail your career in the U.S. than it does in Korea.

November 20, 2015

Cho steps up in ‘Inside Men’

After focusing mostly on musicals, actor is back on the big screen

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

Prudent yet daring.

Actor Cho Seung-woo boasted these seemingly contradictory traits when the Korea JoongAng Daily met him at a recent roundtable interview about the upcoming movie “Inside Men.”

As proof of his 16 years of experience working in films, dramas and musicals, the 36-year-old was confident and relaxed throughout, refusing to hesitate even a second in answering the questions thrown at him. 

“This is the first film that I ever listened to other people’s opinion when deciding to participate in a project,” Cho said by way of explaining how he became part of “Inside Men.”

It was initially reported that Cho declined the offer from director Woo Min-ho as many as three times. 

“I was very unaware of the occupation of a prosecutor, which is my character’s job. Moreover, I needed to exchange strong energy between Baek Yoon-sik and Lee Byung-hun very smoothly, but I wasn’t sure if I could do that,” he said. 

“Inside Men,” based on Yoon Tae-ho’s ongoing webtoon of the same name, is an intense crime drama that reveals the seedy underbelly of the political, financial and the media worlds and how they collaborate to be more corrupt. 

Baek Yoon-sik plays the chief editorial writer at a major conservative newspaper company, who is influential enough to make a not-so-popular politician into the next presidental candidate (Lee Gyoung-young). 

Lee Byung-hun plays a political hoodlum, Ahn Sang-gu, who devastatingly gets betrayed by the people he trusts.

Meanwhile, Cho’s character Woo Jang-hoon is a strong-willed prosecutor, who is ambitious to climb up the social ladder but fails every time because of his humble background. 

“Woo Jang-hoon needed to have guts and also be spiteful because he is, too, one of the victims of corrupt society,” Cho said. “I think director Woo’s first impression of me was a mean, obstinate and a bit of a crazy person, which is why he insisted on my taking the role.”

Another factor that made him hesitant about the project was its all-too-familiar topic: corruption.

“An ambitious politician involved in corruption and a prosecutor chasing after was a premise that I have seen so many times in other films and dramas. At first, I didn’t know what was so fresh and special about this movie,” Cho said.

Perhaps that is why he has stayed away from the film scene for several years. 

“After coming back from military service, I have been focusing more on musicals,” he said. “The main reason for that was because there was no fresh material in the film business. Maybe it is the problem of all types of art, but I felt that the scripts offered to me were just generic versions of successful Hollywood films.”

When asked why he finally chose to star in the movie, Cho replied that “screenplay is not everything.”

“Although the topic itself has been presented several times, I realized that it becomes a totally different living thing when paired with different direction, setting and postproduction process,” Cho said.

It is his first time working with Baek in nine years since “Tazza: The High Rollers” (2006). However, it was his first ever to work with Lee, whom he has admired for a very long time.

“I remember watching TV with my mom and being impressed at how Lee acts,” he explained. “He was mischievous and serious at the same time and his characters were never the same as the one before. During filming, he was very detailed about acting and had so many ideas about his character too.”

But rather than being intimidated by him, Cho’s admiration for the older actor propelled him to work harder. 

“I approached him first, trying to feel comfortable around him because on-screen, my character had to play around with Ahn [Lee]. Lee was, at first, kind of thrown off by my attitude, but eventually he got used to it and now I go to his house often for a drink or dinner.”

The film opened nationwide on Thursday, but even after the promotional tour wraps up, Cho is planning to stay busy by taking to stage for the musical “Werther,” which is celebrating its 15th anniversary and scheduled to run through January. 

BY JIN EUN-SOO [jin.eunsoo@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 3