Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

We can just reminisce on his past projects and bits of news on current ones to spend our time, for now. :sweatingbullets:

We could try that and hope others will join in our discussion, too. Getting a continuous BH talk has been quite a feat at the thread. :P

OR.. we could launch our own brandwear? Huh.. huh..

This article below may seem 'unrelated' to LBH but believe us, it is very much the essence of EverythingLBH. Things may have quietened down quite a bit since the last 2 years especially but BH himself knew about the HunniePandas@soompi.com

Whether he.. uhh.. likes the idea.. :sweatingbullets: .. that's a different matter. :blush:

Anyway.. in 2006, we sent him a pewter panda figurine & a bamboo lighter for his 36th birthday. Last year we sent him a glass crab (significance to Cancer) for his 37th birthday. Although we never heard anything from his management, it's always in our good wish that he had received the gifts, respectively.

So.. what do we get him this year? Start our own brandwear and make BH our model? :blush: Anyone with a cool entrepeneur mind around here? :rolleyes:

March 4, 2008

Swarovski Shows Limited Edition Pandas

By Cathy Rose A. Garcia

Staff Reporter

080204p14swarovskigf2.jpg

Pandas, designed by Heinz Tabertshofer, are the first crystal figurines

from the Endangered Wildlife series 2008-2010. / Courtesy of Swarovski

Swarovski is turning the spotlight on endangered species, by introducing a limited edition crystal series featuring endangered wildlife. The first collection features pandas designed by Heinz Tabertshofer.

Tabertshofer, who was in Seoul last week to promote the Trilogy Endangered Wildlife series 2008-2010, said it is important to protect the environment and save the wildlife.

In an interview with The Korea Times, Tabertshofer said he was always been interested in nature and animals ever since he was a child. His parents, who both worked for Swarovski, also gave him crystals to play with, while he was growing up.

His love for nature and crystals is probably what makes the Austrian-born designer the perfect person to design Swarovski's exquisite crystal animals.

080204p14swarovski1aj5.jpg

Tabertshofer has worked for Swarovski for the past 30 years, starting out as an apprentice.

He worked at the technical department, and 10 years ago, he was assigned to the design department. His first design was a crystal Siamese fighting fish.

His passion for creating crystal animals clearly shows. Tabertshofer said the design process involves a lot of research, observing the animals in the zoo and making detailed sketches, and eventually precise models.

For the 2008 series, the panda was chosen since it is regularly associated with the threat of extinction. While designing the panda figurines, Tabertshofer said he went to a zoo in Vienna to closely observe the pandas' movements. But he didn't need much time to observe the pandas, whose daily routine consists of eating and sleeping.

"Pandas are very unique and endangered animals. They're one of the rarest animals in the world," he said. "It wasn't possible to go to China, so I went to the Vienna zoo where they had some pandas. I conducted my research, started reading books and watching videos. But the important thing was to see the animals in real life, and talk with the scientists there."

Tabertshofer succeeded in capturing the essence of the pandas in crystal. He designed an exquisite mother and cub panda set, a single cub, a bamboo window ornament (bamboo represents the panda's food), a giant panda named Ching Ching and a bracelet with panda and bamboo charms. All these are only available this year to members of the Swarovski Crystal Society, a collector's club.

The mother and cub panda set consists of two figurines in faceted crystal, created in clear and black diamond crystal with jet crystal eyes. The mother panda holds a bamboo stalk, while the cub looks playful.

Ching Ching, which means Water Green in Cantonese, is a six-inch tall crystal figurine. As rare as the giant panda it represents, only 33 pieces were made around the world. In Korea, Ching Ching was auctioned off for $9,900, and the proceeds were donated to charity.

With every purchase of a piece from the Swarovski Crystal Society Endangered Wildlife Trilogy, Swarovski will make a contribution to the company's environmental projects.

The Swarovski Water School, founded in Austria in 1999, aims to develop children's awareness of environmental issues especially that of water. This year, the theme is "Living Yangtze," which seeks to help the management of water resources and educate people living in selected towns along the Yangtze River, the longest river in China.

Tabertshofer said the Endangered Wildlife Trilogy will be focused on Africa next year, and India in 2010. When asked which animals will be featured in the rest of the trilogy, he declined to identify them.

But there's a small hint in the title plaque for the entire 2008-2010 trilogy, which features three sets of tiny animal paw prints. The first set is the panda's paw prints, but anyone can try guessing the two other unnamed set of paw prints.

Credits: cathy@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../199_20034.html

Guest zoeve

^^

Pandas are so adorable. Those swarowski pandas are cute.

I understand that fangirl greed you mentioned. I am so guilty of that. :ph34r:

Why is it called HunniePandas if you don't mind me asking. I understand the Hunnie from ByungHUN but why pandas aside from them being adorable?

rubie - Oh --- I also posted the cake you requested in BD thread. Will you be baking one? :)

Why is it called HunniePandas if you don't mind me asking. I understand the Hunnie from ByungHUN but why pandas aside from them being adorable?

HunniePanda Mascot (since 2004)

Panda-sm.jpg

created by Butterfly aka LSlSW

Why Panda?

Hunnie Pandas = are members of Everything Lee Byung Hun in soompi who joined in the clan. The word "panda" came about mainly because members at the soompi-LBH thread could be found posting and chatting there like, all day and all night. There were even shifts between those from Asia and the US as well as those from Europe, keeping the thread running. It's basically a non-stop activity and being there 24/7 had made everyone looked like pandas literally (sporting dark circle under the eyes from lack of sleep) and we'd joked about it so often that the word "panda" stuck till today. Initially used as a mascot for the thread, it has become a warm friendly call for everyone, LBH fans especially. And hunnie of course, derived from Lee Byung Hun-nie (hunnie = honey) is our affectionate call to him.

Panda Speak

just an fyi for our new friends, we kind of developed our own terms for LBH, when we drool and talk about him and check out his pics/VODs. you'll definitely see these abbreviations in our posts.

GBL = Good Boy Look (shy smile or wide smile or whenever he looks like that boy next door *eee!*)

BBL = Bad Boy Look (now this makes the Pandas go gaga :w00t: )

SBL = Sexy Boy Look (major droolfest)

HDS = Hunnie Deficiency Syndrome (thanks to Hyc aka Ching ^^)

Bamboo forest/Forest = the thread where the pandas roam, obviously

More at our Page 1 here :blush: Thanks to chula for the panda info ^^

EVOLUTION OF THE HUNNIE PANDAS at SOOMPI! by Fu2

ANATOMY OF A HUNNIE PANDA by Cha Park

rubie - Oh --- I also posted the cake you requested in BD thread. Will you be baking one? :)

aWww.. thanks so much for the caps, zoeve.. I really.. really appreciate it. Nah.. not for baking.. not yet ^^. I'm more a plain choc-cake baker.. not really into icings and stuff but who knows. :P Another BD fan at a local forum actually asked for the cake capture.. hahaa.. fans would love all the smallest details, huh. :wub:

Btw, hope the thumbnail tip helps. Just let us know.. anything at all.

Oooh.. now that we're able to see the actual cake capture.. it is just yummy! :rolleyes:

Guest zoeve

^^

So thats were it came from. Its cute. HunniePandas. :D

The thumbnails helped. I learned a lot. Thanks! I will make good use of it when needed. ^_^

About the cake, I'm glad to help. I actually got a little hungry when I saw the cake. It has my favorite stuffs in it --- kiwi, peach and cherries. Yum! :blush:

Guest shred

hello dear pandas! i still have a bunch of pages to backtrack on :sweatingbullets:

so where in the world is our dear hunnie now eh?

i saw that topless pic of him in the news thread and my oh my - someone's been working out :P

sorry for the unnecessary spaz post. haha!

ellabel sends her regards to everyone. my poor maja has been swamped with work :(

^ Woohoo.. chula's back! :w00t:

We have lotsa BPs of Hunnie-goodies, hopefully! :P

Our Hunnie is in LA, yupyup he's there but not a pic to be seen (yet).. guess it's pretty far away from Florida, huh? :unsure:

Sure indeed BH's been working out.. he's definitely all out being bad and showing it, too. LOL. No post is unnecessary around here, hunnie-babe.. if it's about BH.. well, rock on. :lol:

Oops.. rubes' pretty much in max-level HDS these days. :sweatingbullets:

Thanks zashi! Really appreciate the info, no wonder the car looks so familiar all of the sudden. What a cool coincidence! :blush: Really glad that you didn't miss the posting & question.

Hope many more will un-lurk.. for BH.. huh.. huh.. :D

---

Btw... hunnies all!

Fan sighting LBH in LA! :w00t:

A Japanese friend told me last night that 2 Japanese fans saw BH in downtown LA and in a club recently. No specific date and no pics though :( but according to the fans... BH looked soooo cool! :blush:

I'm not sure if the fans were (actually) following him.. :unsure: .. but they saw him, just didn't take any pics. Probably giving BH his time of privacy.

Waaaaaahhhh where in downtown LA? I work there! You mean I was so near! :blush: Need to really stare at anybody resembling Hunnie now! (afraid not too good at celebrity sighting, need to practice now) But the thought of breathing the same polluted air...I won't mind!hahahahha

Waaaaaahhhh where in downtown LA? I work there! You mean I was so near! :blush: Need to really stare at anybody resembling Hunnie now! (afraid not too good at celebrity sighting, need to practice now) But the thought of breathing the same polluted air...I won't mind!hahahahha

Closer.. and getting closer.. zashi-hunnie.. you'd have to look around because you'd never know.. BH might be there, standing next to you. :rolleyes: I think it's pretty easy for him to move in LA.. like zoeve mentioned in her post earlier as BH is still an unfamiliar face over there except to those who knew him. If you're lucky.. you might spot him with CP or maybe just BH alone like Robert Ackerman mentioned in his blog that he saw BH walking on the streets at Beverly Hills (last year).

BH is just so adventurous a person, he loves travelling and seeing places.. while he's not acting (he's probably busy at the set of GI Joe these days) .. there is high chance to see him around in LA when he's on a break.

Just keep an eye on anyone (Korean? ^^).. while he's still there to film the movie. You'd never know.. since he IS there. :blush:

Guest kdramafanusa

Fan sighting LBH in LA! :w00t:

A Japanese friend told me last night that 2 Japanese fans saw BH in downtown LA and in a club recently. No specific date and no pics though :( but according to the fans... BH looked soooo cool! :blush:

I'm not sure if the fans were (actually) following him.. :unsure: .. but they saw him, just didn't take any pics. Probably giving BH his time of privacy.

WOW!!! It's nice of the fans to give him some privacy though.

WOW!!! It's nice of the fans to give him some privacy though.

Yeah! :blush: Although we didn't get to see any pics yet.. I think it's really nice that the fans did not barge in on his privacy. Which they could have taken some (secret) shots.. maybe.. but did not post the pics online, only sharing a short account of seeing him in LA. It's one thing that I've observed.. many of BH fans actually gave him a lot of room despite.. being so excited seeing him. It's just the way with LBH since before. The adoration, the appreciation, the support.. the respect.

--- ♥

Btw.. I wonder if you'd have some collection pics of SSH attending BH's fanmeet in early 2004 in Seoul? SSH and Jo Sung Mo, as well as Jin Goo were the celebrity guests in LBH's fanmeet organized by the KNTO for Japanese fans. There were really some great moments of interaction, Q & As too between SSH and his hyung at the event. I remember seeing the very happy expression on BH's face as he hugged SSH when the latter appear to greet him at the fanmeet.

I used to have some pics and clips of the two guys :blush: but at that time I was also quite ignorant on ways to store & make back-ups for these goodies. boohoo. >.<

Would appreciate any pics, clips shared. :blush: Anyone with similar collection, please share them for our BH-SH section at the fan club. :rolleyes:

Merci!

Guest zoeve

Yeah! :blush: Although we didn't get to see any pics yet.. I think it's really nice that the fans did not barge in on his privacy. Which they could have taken some (secret) shots.. maybe.. but did not post the pics online, only sharing a short account of seeing him in LA. It's one thing that I've observed.. many of BH fans actually gave him a lot of room despite.. being so excited seeing him. It's just the way with LBH since before. The adoration, the appreciation, the support.. the respect.

I had a dream last night that I was in LA and I stumbled upon LBH. I actually got a photo with him and his autograph too. But it was at the weirdest place though, it was at some immigration office at the airport. :ph34r: I could have dreamt it was at some fancy LA restaurant but noooo :wacko: Haha How I wish that were true (the meeting part) so by now I'd be gushing about the incident and sharing it with you guys.

I wonder if I will be so straightforward if I do get to see him in person, though. I might be so starstruck that I'd just freeze on the spot. :sweatingbullets: I have to practice now for that possibility. *wishful thinking* :lol::lol: where's my digicam?! :lol:

rubie - I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, but how long is LBH in LA for?

I wonder if I will be so straightforward if I do get to see him in person, though. I might be so starstruck that I'd just freeze on the spot. :sweatingbullets: I have to practice now for that possibility. *wishful thinking* :lol::lol: where's my digicam?! :lol:

rubie - I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, but how long is LBH in LA for?

LOL! All the talk about meeting BH.. someone's been dreaming about it, too. :lol:zoeve.. we'd love to hear anything about your meet-up with BH.. anywhere.. anytime.. be it just dream-like.. or especially real! :w00t:

Hahaa.. previously.. it was the phrase.. "never leave home without BD" now.. it's.. "never leave home without my digicam" :P

Sure hope you'd be able to see him.. a glimpse or more.. that would be just awesome. :rolleyes: Who knows.. we'd always say that we'd be so starstruck and fainted on the spot (well, I would.. like.. literally froze.. like seriously! ^^) but maybe you'd be able to muster a handshake.. or something in that effect. :blush: And you can definitely tell us all about it here. That would be so cool. Nothing impossible at all, huh.. huh. *very wishful thinking*

---

About BH in LA.. actually, we have no idea and no info from any official schedule whatsoever. It's only our own estimation, fans' sharing and personal observation about his whereabouts in LA. LBH said in his interview that he's starting his scenes in March. Assuming things go well.. maybe two months top for GI Joe?!? :mellow:

We have to take note as well that he's been in the US since mid-January.. he would definitely have to return to Korea sometime soon. But 'understanding' how he works.. we'd probably be just as clueless as before. BH would quietly finish filming and return to Seoul.. without anyone realizing he's been back. He's been doing those quiet 'secret' trips while filming ICWTR and going to France.. so many times that no one knows his actual schedule and activities unless he mention something about it. :sweatingbullets:

So, probably.. considering GI Joe (perhaps we'd have better luck with the movie schedule).. BH will still be in LA till April? :unsure: This is my own guess. ^^ Since May would be a busy month.. where movie festivals are concerned.. particularly, the Cannes filmfest.

Guest kdramafanusa

March 2, 2008

[THE HIGH TIDE OF THE KOREAN WAVE(17)] Korean dramas carve a niche in Japan

Few fans take their fascination to this level, but even occasional and casual TV viewers will recognize the names of the stars of those first few NHK series -- Bae Yong-joon, Choi Ji-woo, Lee Byung-hun, Ryu Shi-won and Lee Young-ae -- and their works -- "Winter Sonata," "Daejanggum," "Stairway to Heaven," "Beautiful Days," and "Hotelier" -- which top a list of the most popular Korean dramas in Japan, according to a survey of 1,600 Japanese, mainly women in their 30s, done in 2007 by the TV Asahi program SMAStation. Hosted by SMAP's Shingo Katori, the program unfortunately has had to compete with these dramas in the Saturday, 11 p.m. time slot.

SmaSTATION!!

Japanese choose 10 best Hanryu dramas

Participants: 1600 Men/Women in their 30's.

Each participant chooses 3 favorite Korean dramas. First place gets 10 points, 2nd place gets 5 points, 3rd place gets 3 points.

title.jpg

RANK / DRAMA / POINTS / CAST

1. [Winter Sonata] - 6688

- Bae Yong-joon, Choi Ji-woo

2. [Jewel in the Palace] - 5746

- Lee Young-ae, Ji Jin-hee

3. [stairway to Heaven] - 2932

- Kwon Sang-woo, Choi Ji-woo, Shin Hyun-joon

4. [beautiful Days] - 1611

- Lee Byung-hun, Ryu-shi Won, Choi Ji-woo

5. [Hotelier] - 1464

- Kim Seung-woo, Bae Yong-joon, Song Yoon-ah, Song Hye-kyo

6. [sad Love Story] - 1181

- Kwon Sang-woo, Kim Hee-sun, Yeon Jung-hoon

7. [All In] - 1099

- Lee Byung-hun, Song Hye-kyo

8. [summer Scent] - 1060

- Song Seung-hun, Son Ye-jin

9. [Autumn in My Heart] - 1017

- Song Seung-hun, Song Hye-kyo, Won Bin

10. [Lovers in Paris] - 750

- Park Shin-yang, Kim Jung-eun, Lee Dong-gun

Source: SmaSTATION!!

^ An awesome sharing, kdramafanusa :wub:.. really appreciate the actual survey list from SmaSTATION that was precisely mentioned in the Korea Herald article recently. Well done!, and thanks for posting the list for us. Really happy to see that after all these years.. BD (in its 7th year, still intact) is still well-remembered by ardent fans in Japan.

And especially glad for All In, too :blush: .. although.. it's noticeable that Happy Together is no longer listed due to the increasing number of new K-series shown in Japan and now making to the list as well.

---

Hello blackcat05, welcome back! :lol:

VODS credit to PlanetBH0712

LBH at the 14th Chunsa Film festival (awarded the 1st Hallyu Cultural Award 2006)

th_20061027_13.jpg z_MMEDIA5.gifKBS (06.10.28)

LBH and Takuya Kimura (arrival & press conference in Busan, for Hero 2007)

th_200704280835190.jpg z_MMEDIA5.gifMBC (07.04.27)

--- ♥ Everything Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 ♥

Been pretty quiet again at the thread. :unsure: I hope the stuff & little talks about the Hunniepandas are not putting anyone away. It's just a fun fan group for the sole purpose of sharing everything about LBH. :blush: There's no member list or time limit or whatever fee to be here or to join in the panda-fun, everyone is welcomed as long as we appreciate LBH in the positive way. :blush: The HunniePandas are unfortunately so often the misunderstood little group with actually no bearing in anything, or anyone.. we're just interested to keep the sharing about LBH going, the best way we can among the soompi community.

On the other hand, do support our LBH soompi fanclub by registering and being a member (because it requires a cool list to keep it going) .. if you still haven't. We hope to reach #50 .. at least in time for BH's upcoming birthday in July.

Surely we can do that? :rolleyes:

WAHH!! Thanks Fiona for the cool GBW photo. Mwah!

I wonder though.. as always ^^.. the person with BH, he looks very familiar.. I think. :unsure:

Any idea? :blush:

ps: in case the pic Fiona posted didn't appear..

p1020531ding977im8.jpg

---

Btw.. the Beautiful Days drama thread is steadily and finally approching its 100th page. NO.. :sweatingbullets: .. this is not to encourage any 'milestone celebrations' as the soompi rules forbid but as a wonderful reminiscene of how the drama thread had been moving along so positively without ever being over-the-top. Not many (previous) Korean series actually reach that many pages, one that's filled with really good & memorable discussion of an equally great onscreen romance.

So, if you have any BD thoughts or moments in any way.. please continue to share with everyone at the BD thread or here.. :blush: .. BH or BD.. what's the difference? :lol:

The BD cake, capture thanks to zoeve ^^

th_episode23cake3.jpg Always the Best, Beautiful Days!

Guest kdramafanusa

Would appreciate any pics, clips shared. :blush: Anyone with similar collection, please share them for our BH-SH section at the fan club. :rolleyes:

Dearest Rubie, I lost everything when my hard drive went bad a while ago.

I've been trying to rebuild my collection, I will post any pictures I find of BH & SSH. =)