Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Wah, Ching.. it's the Chinese Valentine's Day already! :w00t: Also thanks to Fiona for the BSL MV highlight, will definitely check it out later. ^^

Especially to our #1 Hunnie in LA and all hopeless hunnie-pandas roaming.. :wub: .. near and far..

Happy Lantern Festival & Chinese Valentine's Day!

val3hn2.gif

The not-so-good reply is that he does smoke in real life and quite a chain/heavy smoker, too. But he knew that fans have asked him over and over to quit or at least lessen the smoking, but so far.. he's unable to break the habit. It's also not helping that Korean men in general are among the most well-known smokers in the world.

It's a consolation though that.. perhaps due to the script, etc .. BH doesn't smoke as much onscreen when he's acting.. at least, not in the recent movies and drama series he did such as All In, Beautiful Days, Happy Together. SBS particularly has a policy of restricting smoking scenes in their series unless it's necessary (!). He might smoke (as the role calls for it) but in very limited scenes.

But.. H.. in BSL.. I thought Sunwoo doesn't smoke.. :unsure: .. but as if to break the smoking, he (BH? as the character?) was always chewing gum or sweets in the movie.

Just not sure if he's a heavy smoker. I hope he finds the strength to quit sometime. Maybe one day he will be able to kick the habit. But he knew that fans have asked him over and over to quit or at least lessen the smoking, but so far.. it seems he's unable to break the habit. It's also not helping that Korean men in general are among the most well-known smokers in the world. It's a consolation though that.. perhaps due to the scripts he had accepted, BYJ doesn't smoke as much onscreen when he's acting.. Probably, he also wants to stop – the reason why he always have candies & chocolates in his car. :unsure:

LOL .. my dear willenette.. :lol:

Hi Ladies! Hi rubie, AutumnLeaves, celina, kdramafanusa, ylin, Hyc! :D

Just dropping by to see whats new?

Thank you for all the updates about LBH! :) Been enjoying reading about it all.

Looking forward to chrissejin's sharing about LBH's sold-out show in LA. :w00t:

I wasnt aware that LBH was a heavy smoker or that Korean males are such heavy smoker in general. Hmm.. interesting. Hopefully ~ he will be able to cut down since it will be much better for his health. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone are doing well! :D

Hi Ladies! Hi rubie, AutumnLeaves, celina, kdramafanusa, ylin, Hyc! :D

Looking forward to chrissejin's sharing about LBH's sold-out show in LA. :w00t:

Hi zoeve! Good to see you! :lol:

Hahaa.. before we misunderstood chrissejin's highlight.. BH is not involved in the show but he's attending it to watch & to give his support. :D But totally agree that everyone just can't wait for Saturday to come to hear more about it! :lol:

I think it's interesting that many (newer) fans were not really aware that BH actually smokes. There've been BTS clips of him smoking during acting breaks as well as previouos photoshoots with a cigarette in his mouth. But it's also the same common situation with most Korean male celebrities.. even the younger and currently popular ones, as well as the older more well-known & established personalities.

However.. it's good to note that there is a 'first (fan) impression' such as from AutumnLeaves and zoeve.. that BH might not be too much of a smoker or not at all.. which we truly hope.. would really materialize one day.

As rubie mentioned, many Korean male artists do smoke, they're grown adults & I'm sure they know the consequences, it's their choice. It doesn't make them any less of an artist or a person. I would never stop liking someone just because they liked tobacco, really as long as they don't puff it into my face then it's all good XD

---

All the pics+clips pf Byung Hun's upcoming movies are starting to drive me insane! It's like "all look but no touch" >.<!!

I can't decide whether I want to watch Good Bad Weird more or ICWTR. He seems like such a (hot) bad richard simmons in both!

At the same time I'm actually kinda beginning to envy him because he gets to hang out w/ Jung Woo Sung in one film & Kimura Takuya in the other lol

---

Anyways, Happy Lantern Festival & Chinese Valentine's Day to everyone <33

I can't decide whether I want to watch Good Bad Weird more or ICWTR. He seems like such a (hot) bad richard simmons in both!

At the same time I'm actually kinda beginning to envy him because he gets to hang out w/ Jung Woo Sung in one film & Kimura Takuya in the other lol

No need to pull your hair out, jicks-hunnie.. hehee.. because.. we will gleefully watch and enjoy BOTH movies! :lol: No worries of any sort but a pure Hunnie-treat back-to-back. :wub: It's like 'payback' time after not seeing BH on the big screen in 2007.. well.. save for that 5-min cameo in Hero but 2008.. it's our year definitely. :P

I think it's awesome that Dir. Kim really appreciate and believe in BH to have him play the BAD.. also, a first for JWS.. acting with the incredible SKH. And in ICWTR.. Dir. Tran (hope I get it correct in addressing his name) was so impressed with BH in BSL that he had to have him acting in the movie. Not by audition but an invitation that BH just could not refuse. Somewhat similar with Takuya, wasn't it? Because of his impressive stint in 2046.. right?

PS3 '로스트 플래닛' 오늘 발매 류재용 2008.02.21.11:14

캡콤엔터테인먼트코리아(대표 강진구)는 전세계 160만장 판매를 기록한 대작타이틀이자, 영화배우 이병헌 주연으로 유명한 '로스트플래닛'을 PLAYSTATION3 버전으로 오늘 발매한다.

이번 PS3 '로스트플래닛'은 다운로드 컨텐츠의 맵들을 추가하고 Xbox360, PC판의 숨겨진 캐릭터가 추가되는 등 더욱 새로워진 모습으로 거듭났다.

오늘 오후 19시부터 PLAYSTATION Store를 통해 로스트플래닛 체험판도 다운로드 할 수 있으며, 온라인 구매자 특전상품으로는 PS3 콘솔 스킨 스티커가 증정된다. '로스트플래닛'은 자막 한글화로 소비자가격은 45,000원이다.

200802210000000527939zs8.jpg

Source: http://www.acrofan.com/ko-kr/life/news/?mo...0005&page=1

Lost Planet pulled from PSN, Pirate Fortress still open

Written by: Spencer on February 11th, 2008

Capcom yanked the Lost Planet Online demo off the PlayStation Network in order to revise and release an updated demo at a later date. The PlayStation 3 online servers were supposedly to be taken down too. However, they are still working as of this morning. It is unknown when (if?) Capcom will shut down the server, but in the meantime PS3 owners who downloaded the demo early can still explore the frosty Pirate Fortress map.

Master vital suit combat in the PS3 Lost Planet multiplayer demo

Written by: Spencer on February 6th, 2008

If you missed playing Lost Planet: Extreme Condition on the Xbox 360 or PC check out the Japanese PlayStation Store. Capcom uploaded a demo, which lets eight players log on an online survival match for free. The demo includes voice chat support and is entirely in English. Since the demo is already localized Capcom USA probably has plans to put this on the PlayStation Store in the future, but if you can’t wait take advantage of a Japanese PlayStation Store account to download the 231MB file.

Update: The same demo will be released on the US PlayStation Store later today.

Found, Lost Planet Colonies rated by the ESRB

Written by: Spencer on February 5th, 2008

Lost Planet Colonies has already been spotted on many international rating boards. Finally, the enigmatic project from Capcom got a rating from the ESRB. Unfortunately, the “T” rating doesn’t tell us much about the game or if it is an expansion pack. One thing interesting to note is Lost Planet Colonies is only rated as a PC and Xbox 360 game in the USA unlike previous reports touting it was a PlayStation 3 exclusive. Perhaps, after the PlayStation 3 version circulates into stores Capcom will comment on Colonies.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/infosphere/lost-planet/

Guest celina86

甘い人生 - a Bittersweet Life MV - credit to Kasumi

The music fits perfectly with the scenes. :w00t:

Thanks for sharing Fiona

I totally agree the music goes really well with the scenes

It`s brilliant :D

Guest kdramafanusa

Hello everyone,

Happy Lantern Festival & Chinese Valentine's Day. =)

---

I have confidence that BH will be just as awesome as a baddie. Can't wait for "The Good The Bad The Weird".

Director Tran (ICWTR) worked with Tony Leung Chiu-wai (incredible actor) before too.

LOL .. my dear willenette.. :lol:

Hi rubie - I hope I din't make you feel bad somehow for picking up some of your words without quoting or crediting you. But SORRY if I made you feeling such! It's not my intention to make you feel that way, my dear!

On the other note, if you didn't call my attention about this, I wouldn't have posted here. As you can see, I visit this thread almost anytime of the day regularly, and I can say at least daily but just a silent-reader. As far I can remember my last post here was when he's in japan & during that time when he's reported to do this movie, G. I. Joe but that time it's not comfirmed yet. The reason why I haven't posted here for a long time is because all your updates here are already enough to know LBH movements. You've always consistently supporting this thread, supporting him, supporting all posters who have questions about this man. Reading all your updates here - some of what I want to know were answered by your posts.

BTW, these words weren't copied - hahaha - the 1st paragraph I wrote - it comes from the heart (Sorry again) :)

甘い人生 - a Bittersweet Life MV - credit to Kasumi

The music fits perfectly with the scenes. :w00t:

Hi everyone :D Thanks for the vid Fiona, that's a sweet MV! :w00t: You're right, the music fits perfectly. What a great song.

God he looks HAWT in BSL :wub: I think he looks gorgeous with a bit of blood on his face lol I'm not sadistic... honestly :rolleyes:

I'm off to bed now, goodnight Hunnies. Talk to you all tomorrow :)

Guest celina86

Hi everyone :D Thanks for the vid Fiona, that's a sweet MV! :w00t: You're right, the music fits perfectly. What a great song.

God he looks HAWT in BSL :wub: I think he looks gorgeous with a bit of blood on his face lol I'm not sadistic... honestly :rolleyes:

I'm off to bed now, goodnight Hunnies. Talk to you all tomorrow :)

Aaaww I know what you mean, H

That`s indeed bloody hot :blush: :lol:

I love watching those MVs, especially of BSL - not because there are alot of them made :lol: but they are actually so beautifully made (not that the others aren`t) and watching Sun-woo (BH) in that well-fiited suit and top of that - in action is really "something" :blush:

Oh well anyways, Good night H... Sweet BH dreams :blush:

Check out and join our GBW (related) fan clubs & thread, too.. for more movie updates and sharing. ♥

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/Hun...W2008/GBW06.jpg

hohoho! that image... Hunnie looked like a truly evil man!

hairstyle, face, especially eyes! :phew:

I dun know why i always prefer baddie roles in every film....

Luckily.. Hunnie and Sangwoo took that kind role in their new movies..

:rolleyes::w00t:

Hi rubie - I hope I din't make you feel bad somehow for picking up some of your words without quoting or crediting you. But SORRY if I made you feeling such! It's not my intention to make you feel that way, my dear!

On the other note, if you didn't call my attention about this, I wouldn't have posted here. As you can see, I visit this thread almost anytime of the day regularly, and I can say at least daily but just a silent-reader. As far I can remember my last post here was when he's in japan & during that time when he's reported to do this movie, G. I. Joe but that time it's not comfirmed yet. The reason why I haven't posted here for a long time is because all your updates here are already enough to know LBH movements. You've always consistently supporting this thread, supporting him, supporting all posters who have questions about this man. Reading all your updates here - some of what I want to know were answered by your posts.

BTW, these words weren't copied - hahaha - the 1st paragraph I wrote - it comes from the heart (Sorry again) :)

Hi willenette, thanks for the reply.

Actually I don't feel bad about it. :mellow:

Just a little bit funny.. I think.. reading something so very familiar. ^^ It's alright not posting at EverythingLBH, although I'd endlessly encourage EVERYONE at this thread to post and share their thoughts & comments, it's nothing compulsory.. as if a rule imposed *nah!*.. we don't share that way. So no worries.. when we want to share we should will post willingly.. not because we had to.

I can only hope fans of LBH will talk about him at HIS thread, about his work and everything about him. But it doesn't make anyone any less or anything if they dont, we'll talk about him with everyone (at least I will try), anytime.. as long it's done in the proper manner.

youtube2.jpg

First ICWTR feature on LBH by LeeKeiX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_YSP_hbmjk

ps: a little caution though.. this is strictly for LBH fans only :P

I have confidence that BH will be just as awesome as a baddie. Can't wait for "The Good The Bad The Weird".

Director Tran (ICWTR) worked with Tony Leung Chiu-wai (incredible actor) before too.

Yupyup.. BH is going to be soooooo BAD this year :w00t: .. and twice as much. I read quite a number of positive reviews on Cyclo.. wonder how this (different) feature is going to turn out but seeing BH all covered in blood and looking uhh.. totally so bloody awesome in appearance.. hopefully the acting all-around will blow us away. :blush:

th_M0040020_peo64014.jpg th_M0040019_peo64013.jpg th_M0040021_peo64015.jpg

th_icwtr4.jpg th_icwtr6.jpg th_icwtr8.jpg

LBH-ICWTR captures in clickable thumbnails from Cine21, Twitchfilm

Guest kdramafanusa

I dun know why i always prefer baddie roles in every film....

TY_KSW, you are so bad!!! Hahaaa...Just kidding.

I always think that 'villain' roles give the actors more chance to show off their acting abilities. The task is certainly more difficult, not everyone can handle it. Some of the most memorable performances in dramas are bad guys. Let's see...Kim Myung-min in White Tower, Song Il-kook in Emperor Of The Sea, etc. There should be more, but I can't think right now...

Yupyup.. BH is going to be soooooo BAD this year :w00t: .. and twice as much. I read quite a number of positive reviews on Cyclo.. wonder how this (different) feature is going to turn out but seeing BH all covered in blood and looking uhh.. totally so bloody awesome in appearance.. hopefully the acting all-around will blow us away. :blush:

Director Tran & Tony Leung have mutual admiration for each other (in terms of their talent); they were supposed to collaborate again, that's why I was suprised when I first heard of ICWTR. As for Cyclo, I let my friend see the DVD first; he told me that it's quite disturbing so I ended up skipping it. Though I'm a huge fan of TL, I can't handle certain movies.

TY_KSW, you are so bad!!! Hahaaa...Just kidding.

I always think that 'villain' roles give the actors more chance to show off their acting abilities. The task is certainly more difficult, not everyone can handle it. Some of the most memorable performances in dramas are bad guys. Let's see...Kim Myung-min in White Tower, Song Il-kook in Emperor Of The Sea, etc. There should be more, but I can't think right now...

dun worry dear.. you may call me baddie too.. Other members also called me that title :lol:

i agree with u! "The task is certainly more difficult, not everyone can handle it"

i love Hunnie in BSL... though it is not totally a baddie.... on the contrair.. he is lovely to me ! still love that kind of role...

I was very happy to see Hunnie changing the role "The BAD" in this movie... That's what i expecting from the begining!

It's easy to play a hero role but not to the villain! :phew:

(same as to Tony Leung in Efernal affairs and JDG in Chingus.... they both won awards for the baddies)

As for Cyclo, I let my friend see the DVD first; he told me that it's quite disturbing so I ended up skipping it. Though I'm a huge fan of TL, I can't handle certain movies.

me same.. :sweatingbullets:

i m a big fan of Tony Leung , not to mentioned Direct Tran is same Viet as i m.. but i cun handle that product either !

Guest kdramafanusa

비-이병헌, 할리우드서 얼마 받을까

전형화 기자 | 02/14 10:48

2008021409185930734_1.jpg

13일 가수 겸 연기자 비가 '스피드 레이서'에 이어 워쇼스키 형제의 차기작 '닌자 암살자'로 할리우드 영화 주연으로 발탁된 사실을 밝혔다. 배우 이병헌이 파라마운트에서 제작하는 블록버스터 'G.I. 조' 촬영을 위해 지난달 출국한 데 이어 한류스타들의 할리우드 입성이 본격화되고 있다.

그렇다면 과연 이들은 할리우드에서 어떤 대접을 받게 될까? 국내에서는 톱스타 출연료를 받지만 할리우드에서는 신인인 이들이 어느정도 출연료를 받을지도 주된 관심사이다.

할리우드에서는 톰 행크스와 조니 뎁, 톰 크루즈 등 톱스타들은 400억원이 넘는 출연료를 받는다. 하지만 신인들은 100만 달러(약 9억원) 안팎의 출연료를 받는 등 지명도에 따라 천차만별의 출연료를 받는다.

일단 비와 이병헌의 출연료는 신인급보다는 높다. 하지만 할리우드에서는 신인인 만큼 무리한 요구는 하지 않았다.

비 소속사 제이튠엔터테인먼트의 조동원 대표는 "신인이라는 자세로 출연료는 크게 욕심 내지 않았다"고 밝혔다. 조 대표는 "국내에서 받는 출연료와 상당한 차이가 나는 것은 아니다"고 설명했다.

통상 할리우드에서는 미국 외 배우가 메이저 스튜디오 영화에 출연할 경우 그 배우가 자신의 나라에서 받는 출연료를 비롯해 여러가지 변수를 고려해 출연료를 책정한다.

비와 이병헌 등 아시아에 티켓파워가 있는 한류스타의 경우 아시아 흥행과 관련한 별도 계약이 추가된다.

이병헌 소속사 BH엔터테인먼트의 손석우 대표는 "아시아 특히 일본과 관련한 옵션이 있다. 옵션 계약은 할리우드 배우들도 마찬가지로 한다"고 설명했다.

이 밖에 영화와 관련한 부가판권 계약을 체결하는 데 통상 할리우드 블록버스터 영화의 경우 부가판권 수익이 출연료를 웃돌기도 한다. 배용준이 일본에서 '겨울연가' 부가판권으로 상당한 수익을 올린 것과 마찬가지이다.

비와 이병헌 모두 다양한 판권 수익이 예상되는 블록버스터에 출연했기에 이와 관련한 수익도 상당할 전망이다.

http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...0734&type=1

Rain – Lee Byeong-heon, how much would they get paid in Hollywood?

On 13th, the singer and actor Rain revealed that he's going to appear as the main role in the Wachowski brothers' next film, "Ninja Assassin" after completing shooting the "Speed Racer". And Lee Byeong-Heon went to US last month to shoot his Hollywood debut film, "G.I. Joe" (produced by the Paramount. co.). Ever since, the Korean Waves stars' have set their first foot in their entrance to the Hollywood.

If so, how would they be treated in the Hollywood? One of the main areas of interest is how much they will be paid in Hollywood. Even though they receive the one of the highest fees in Korea, they are new faces in the Hollywood.

The Hollywood top stars such as Tom Hanks, Johnny Depp and Tom Cruise receive over 40 billion-won. However, the new faces get around 0.9 billion-won, which varies according to their popularity.

First of all, Rain and Lee Byeong-Heon are paid higher than other new stars in Hollywood, but not so high as they are new in Hollywood.

The President Jo Dong-won of Rain's agency, Jay Tune Entertainment Co., said "The important thing here is Rain's opportunity to set his foot in Hollywood. So we weren't too greedy over the fee, however, there is not much difference in how much he is paid in Korea and in Hollywood".

Commonly, when non-American actors appear in major studio films in the Hollywood, their fees are arraged based on how much the actor is paid in his country and other various profit factors. Thus, in case of Rain and Lee Byeong-Heon, who has a strong target power over Asia will have many other extra contracts other than their films' success in Asia.

The The President Son Seok-woo of Lee Byeong-Heon's agency, BH Entertainment Co., said "There are many optional contracts regarding his success in Asia, in particular, in Japan. Other Hollywood stars also sign various optional contracts".

In addition, for most of Hollywood blockbuster films, the profits from their share of franchise copyrights are often greater than their own performance fee. For example, Bae Yong-joon raised such huge profits from his share of franchise copyrights in "Winter Sonata" in Japan.

Since Rain and Lee Byeong-Heon are both appearing in Hollywood blockbuster films, their earnings are expected to increase dramatically from their share in franchise copyrights.

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

^ That is so awesome, finally the update in English! Thanks so much kdramafanusa for sharing the translation here. HUGS! I kept seeing the Korean articles over and over at BH's media pages and just had to be content, waiting for a translation or gist of some sort to come up.

So, this is very much appreciated.. no longer feeling too much "in the dark" over all those article.

I'm just wondering.. about the sentence mentioning Mr. Son Seok Woo, what is his post at BH Entertainment actually.. unfortunately, the article is quite vague on that part. :sweatingbullets: As Mr. Song (Wan Mo) is the Vice President of BH Ent., handling much of BH's Japan activities.. does it mean that Mr. Son (also as a VP) handles BH's Korean affairs & his other activites including the Hollywood project.. but stays on in Korea instead? :unsure:

No snowballs, I'm asking because I'm just interested to know more. It could also indicate that Mr. Pak is now the manager who goes with BH everywhere, especially for his Hollywood stint.

I think it's no problem if BH is receiving less that his usual fee in Korea which is understandable for the 'new kids on the block'. Nothing to be too concerned about as BH has a few times accepted acting roles FOC (Three, Monster & HERO) as well as cutting down his normal fee for GBW. The experience is more what he's hoping to achieve, to deliver a well-worth performance to move further in the business. How he's giving his all for the movie, is what the actor is more focused in.

Director Tran & Tony Leung have mutual admiration for each other (in terms of their talent); they were supposed to collaborate again, that's why I was suprised when I first heard of ICWTR. As for Cyclo, I let my friend see the DVD first; he told me that it's quite disturbing so I ended up skipping it. Though I'm a huge fan of TL, I can't handle certain movies.

I didn't know that Cyclo has a disturbing type of storyline. :mellow: I might not like it either. Not that I'm particular with stuff but if something gives me an unsettling feeling.. in a bad way, then.. it's just not my cup of tea.

I was quite eager before to watch Oldboy (my deepest apology to all Oldboy fans, especially melusine, H, etc) as I've read a lot of incredible reviews about it but needless to say, it is just not what I like to see. I saw it though because I promised I would give it a try but I'm particularly disturbed by most of the scenes in the movie. While I truly appreciate Dir. PCW's JSA which I just love (a classic, no less!) .. his penchant for gruesome and disturbing vengeance trilogy will not be missed by this silly soul. :blush:

I've had the experience how great fans of Oldboy felt quite defensive when there were others who didn't like the movie as much (I'm truly sorry to be the spoilbrat) but it's just not what I like to see on the screen, big or small. Luckily his Three, Monster with LBH is quite 'tame' except for the last part & the after-effect.. still, it's not my all-time BH fave. :ph34r: (But again.. as zoeve and I had our 'Three, Monster' talk some pages back.. if a movie managed to affect the audience regardless the +/- impact.. then the movie had successfully achieved its goal. And.. maybe that's what Oldboy set to do?)

Having said all the above.. while I can skip all the other big names, or missing the big time movies but when it comes BH.. I guess.. I have to swallow whatever it is. :mellow: More than hopeless, huh. Well, biased or not.. BH's sterling acting performance is simply.. something never to be missed.

:huh: Will ICWTR be 'too disturbing' to watch? :sweatingbullets:

- uhh.. panda sits still.. waiting for snow-covered cannonballs :unsure: or maybe.. not.. RUNS!