Pride and Prejudice (2005)

Guest mariaclara

Guest chll51

i fast forwarded through many parts, mainly because i've read the book and knew what would happen next. i found the chemistry btween the leads to be great. kiera knightly definately did a wonderful job. she portrayed her character very well, including at some parts where you just want to scream and say "stop misunderstanding freaking mr. darcy." anyhoo, i'm head over heels in love with mr. darcy :D

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest byul*

^ ha. i know what you're talking about. I also love when he assists her onto the carriage, then his hand stretches/does something..keke^^

i love this movie to death~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Matthew MacFadyan(sp?) is so charming in this movie*o*

Guest Jamieâ„¢

evryone said this was such a good movie but i didnt find it as good as evryone made it out to be... maybe it's bc i never read the book and i couldnt understand half of the things they were saying bc of the accents and i downloaded it online so there were no subs available. =T

I'm the opposite lol

I didn't like the movie because I read the book just before watching it

and book>movie. always

Guest zoelee

I love the movie so it make it alot more easier to read the long-tedious novel.. gotta admit I'm not such a JA fan at all but I love most of the movie version.

Guest marshey905

downloaded and watched it yesterday after finishing the book.. didn't really like the movie.. only part I liked was the rain scene.. that was kinda hot lol

Guest CorrectionYourWrongImRight

omg someone mentioned the rainscene. i was BEGGING on my knees for a kiss... holy shiza that was a hot scene and when he helps her on the carriage i was like DAMMNNNN!!! hahahahahahah i get all hyperventilatingcity over here when i MENTION pride and prejudice. definitely the best thing ever created . btter than toast beees!! lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest simplirain

I recently finished watching the BBC version with Colin Firth and all I can say is that 2005 version was better, IMO. :P There's no doubt that Colin Firth is the perfect Mr. Darcy but I find that the actress playing LIzzie was not how I imagine her to be. Throughtout the whole mini-series, I always find her smiling too much and doesn't have too much of a personality. lol. maybe it's just me but whatever. I think that Keira did a pretty good job on being Lizzie in the 'O5 version. she sort of portray the Lizzie that I have picture in my mind, although not exact. xD

And omgg.....Matthew McSomething was totally eye-candy. Expecially, the very ending scene. :wub: He always makes a good Mr. Darcy. I love his performance in this movie. The chemistry between him and Kiera is totally there. However, the only problem i have with this remake is Mr. Bingly. He seems like a childish. :blink:

Somehow I think that both versions target different type of audiences. It seems like the o5' leaned toward the teens-early twenties type of people whereas the BBC version was geared toward mature audiences. lol. i don't think i make any sense hahah/

But overall 05' is <3333333333.

Guest .moony.

^ I disagree. I find the actress from the 1995 mini series a much better Lizzie. She is smart, but not angry like Keira as someone already said above. She cares bout her family and is overall a nice person yet displays dislike towards Mr Darcy, not exactly always showin her hate full out like her mom.

I read the book first so Im not quite happy with either version but the 1995 is the closest and everyone is watchable. I could not stand the 05 series -_-

I still want a dreamy mr darcy tho ...both actors who play mr darcy were okay nooot handsomeeee like in the book geez! XD

Guest Peppamint

the BBC version pwns this movie sooo much. The portrayals were alot more realistic and true to the book in the 1995 version. Keira was too angry, she was supposed to be amused, intelligent and charming.

Lol yeah she seemed too intense for the part o.0

And lulz I couldn't stop thinking of Pirates of the Caribbean when I saw her Lizzie rejecting Hollander's Collins haha.

MacFayden [spplz?] was soo much hawtter than the Colin Firth Darcy <333

So yeah... xD I loved the book and the movie was great! :]

Guest mookie

^ I vehemently completely disagree. The movie was mediocre at best esp considering it's based on the best loved book universally and withstanding the testiment of time.

Lizzie was a passionate girl with her own thoughts ahead of her days in a stiffling regency era back then when there was an abundance to the extent of excess in class distinction in the aristocracy. You were expected to act and speak and even smile a certain way (and as often as society requires for the 'fairer' sex) according to mould even when u r going thro the opposite in your thoughts and emotions.

So with that said, Elizabeth Ehle's lizzie was much closer to the vision of Jane's. The subtly of Lizzie's quick wit/rashness to ridicule/prejudices were conveyed by her coy smiles which were rarely just a smile to please.

Keira Knightley is a dazzling actress, but she can overact easily and repeatingly.

MacFayden... just did not have that air of aristocratic arrogence that Colin Firth mastered. He maybe your cup of tea but...he's no Darcy. his face is not even passing as handsome for me, and his Darcy and Keira's Lizzie looked awkward tog (with him looking more haggard when next to her youthful glow)

Mr Darcy didnt have to be dreamily hot/sexy, he just needed to be handsome enough with that air of pressing arrogence at first impression, he was becoming dreamier and dreamier as the book progressed because the novel itself was writtten fr Lizzie's pov, through her later rosy glasses of love and adoration.

Guest chaumein

I loved it, it was so beautiful and really made me wonder what it would be like to live in that kind of culture. Without comparing it to the BBC series and the novel, I thought it was a movie well-done. People looking for a live-action Pride and Prejudice definitely won't find it in this movie and should just watch the series.

Guest x soo freshh

I really enjoyed the movie!

I haven't seen any of the older versions though...so I can't really compare this movie to the other ones.

Archived