Pride and Prejudice (2005)

Guest mariaclara

Guest mariaclara

Anyone else excited for this movie? Well, I completely am. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book. Can't wait for it to come out!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else excited for this movie? Well, I completely am. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book. Can't wait for it to come out!

who will star in this movie?

am also a big fan of the book and have seen several versions of tv movies on this book... hope they get good actors for this :D

Keira Knightley's Elizabeth Bennett.

Someone I know in Ireland saw this and said it was good. It's supposed to have gotten good reviews? lol I'm not sure cuase I haven't looked up reviews for this film yet.

Guest mariaclara

who will star in this movie?

am also a big fan of the book and have seen several versions of tv movies on this book... hope they get good actors for this :D

Elizabeth Bennet - Keira Knightley

Mr. Darcy :wub: - Matthew Macfadyen

Jane - Rosamund Pike

Lydia - Jena Malone

Mr. Bingley - Simon Woods

Mr. Bennet - Donald Sutherland

Mrs. Bennet - Brenda Blethyn

Mr. Collins - Tom Hollander

Lady Catherine de Bourgh - Judi Dench

I've seen the movie with Greer Garson and Laurence Olivier and 2 tv versions of the book. I loved the 1995 BBC adaptation with Colin Firth, but I'm still really excited for the new movie. People have said that the movie gives a more romantic and passionate interpretation of the story between Darcy and Elizabeth. Keira Knightley has also been praised for her performance. I think I'll prefer her more than Jennifer Ehle from the tv version cause she just looks more like the part or how I imagined Elizabeth from the book. Matthew Macfadyen, on the other hand... I was really surprised when I found out that he was cast. He just wasn't handsome enough in my opinion. However, many people loved his portrayal of Darcy. They say that he shows more passion and vulnerability than Colin Firth's. Judging from the trailers and clips, he does look very manly... I think I've already been converted. :) In fact, many people who have seen the movie are already preferring him over Firth which is very surprising. I can't wait to see this guy in action. I'm sure the movie will be great.

Guest lunagal

I watched it last weekend, and overall it was good, but there were some cheesy cheesy parts to it, as well as some inaccuracies e.g. an English gentleman would never stride into anothers house unannounced at night, and well bred women would not leave the house in their nightdresses, or receive such gentlemen in their night apparel.

I totally adore the BBC version with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle, and to me they are the perfect Elizabeth and Darcy.

In the movie I did prefer the guy playing Wickham, as he actually was good looking (as he is supposed to be), and I did like Jane better, as she was supposed to be the prettiest girl in Hertfordshire (in the BBC version, Jane was nothing to Jennifer Ehle).

Oh and altho I cant say that I liked them better or they were worse, I enjoyed Judi Dench's Lady Catherine, and the guy who played Mr Collins was priceless. Also the actress who played Caroline Bingley has the right amount of arrogance and beetchiness to her.

I was disappointed when they made this version of Mr Bingley a totally idiot. Mr Bingley is supposed to be sensible and very amiable. Amiable he was in this.......but a total fool.

IT was enjoyable watching, but nowhere near the skyscraper standards thtat the BBC version achieved. That version forever will remain MY true version of Pride and Prejudice

Guest smilene

I loved the old movie, it was great. I read most of the book too, but haven't quite finished it yet cuz too busy. But I'm looking forward to this movie.

Guest jing a ling

I AM SO STOKED AS WELL! :D My favorite book and favorite love story.

Too bad it won't come out in my country till Febrary of next year... :( I've watched so many clips of this movie that I feel as though I know every part that will come up!

For movie fans, you have to watch this 4 part video on the movie...go to this page:

http://www.kkwavefront.org/

and scroll down half way...it's under the message dated Sept. 12th. It has behind the scenes, interviews, LOADS of clips from the movie and stuff. Definitely worth watching if you want more sneak previews...

also, the yahoo UK and Ireland movie site of P&P has a longer and slightly different trailer compared to the American trailer...go check it out!

I have the 1940 Laurence Olivier/Greer Garson version and have watched the BBC version. Even though this new one will be short compared to the BBC one, I think it will be pretty good romance-wise. Though the BBC version remained true to the book, I think the selection of characters in the 1940 one was better on a whole. As a Mr. Darcy, everyone loved Colin Firth (I do too)...but I just don't think he's as handsome or has as rich of an air as Olivier. Olivier might have been too old for the part though. Ehle was good as Lizzie...but Jane wasn't pretty enough (actually I didn't find her pretty at all) and Bingley and Wickham weren't good looking enough. the 1940's Mr. Collins was the best!

Oh...and the music is so nice...can't wait to get the soundtrack!

:wub:

Guest mariaclara

I've watched so many clips of this movie that I feel as though I know every part that will come up!

Lol, I have the same experience. I feel like very little will surprise me when I actually go see the movie, but I can't help it! I'm just so damn excited! :D At first, it was annoying that Europe got to see the movie before the rest of the world. However, I've read that Europe's version actually doesn't have a kiss between the leads at all, that the very ending scene with Darcy and Elizabeth already married and at Pemberley was cut out. Good news! - for US, Canada and Korea too, I think - we supposedly get that scene in our version!

Hopefully this is true since I did see part of that scene in the US trailer.

Some pictures for everyone's enjoyment:

C421-32R-01.jpg

photo_01.jpg

photo_02.jpg

Guest s2.BerrY.s2

i'm going to see it monday week wif my fwends!!

we're all BIG fans of P & P!!!

can't wait!!!! ^^

although... we really really luv colin firth as darcy.... he's alwaiz gonna be the best!! :P

I was disappointed when they made this version of Mr Bingley a totally idiot. Mr Bingley is supposed to be sensible and very amiable. Amiable he was in this.......but a total fool.

IT was enjoyable watching, but nowhere near the skyscraper standards thtat the BBC version achieved. That version forever will remain MY true version of Pride and Prejudice

That's a shame about Mr Bingley, I really liked him in the book as well as the BBC series.

I'm still looking forward to watching this version though. My mum will probably prefer the BBC series though, singularly for Colin Firth.

i think i groaned when i heard they were making another P&P movie adaptation, and groaned again when i learned about the cast. elizabeth isn't supposed to be this total supermodel type, but keira knightley is drop-dead gorgeous. and i had no idea who matthew mcfadyen was, but it didn't even matter b/c i always thought colin firth was unsurpassable as mr darcy. i just didn't see it working. but after seeing the trailer, i'm really excited! now i think (physically at least) everyone looks suited to his role. and it's done by the same people in charge of "love actually," and i adored that movie.

i don't know if it'll be as good as the bbc miniseries, but i'm still gonna watch it and i'm probably gonna enjoy it!

Guest kittinexjj

^ i was pretty suprised to find kiera knightly play the role of elizabeth...since elizabeth isnt supposed to be very beautiful and kiera knightly isnt the opposite of very beautiful. i loved the book...i hope the movie doesnt butcher it for me. i watched a few episodes of the bbc version it was really good. i think it should be pretty good. ima watch it.

Guest mariaclara

I had the same first reaction as you guys too when I found out that Keira Knightley would be Elizabeth. Actually, it was the same for the director. He didn't want to cast her at first cause he thought she was too beautiful; however, when he met up with her, he realized that she was a bit of a tomboy and that she wasn't the type of girl who spent too much time on her appearance. She just wasn't the typical pretty girl he expected. That's how he pictured Elizabeth as well, a bit of a tomboy and very talkative, so that did it for him. I think I'll like her better than Jennifer Ehle from the BBC series. She's just closer to how I pictured Elizabeth from the book.

Archived