Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

‘Moving’ received rave reviews from global foreign media

spacer.png

The Disney+ original series ‘Moving’ is receiving hot reviews from major foreign media outlets, proving its global popularity.

>Forbes magazine: ‘Moving’ is a story with a compelling emotional narrative. The solid story continues to stimulate interest
>IGN: Everything about ‘Moving’ is amazing and powerful. The K-Series provides the answer that the superhero genre can also do well
>Variety: A hit born in Asia following ‘Squid Game.’
>Deadline: The superhero series ‘Moving’ is the most-watched Korean original series on Disney+ and Hulu
>COLLIDER: The reasons for the success of ‘Moving’ are its excellent casting, impressive visual effects, and attractive story.

In addition, not only America's representative entertainment media, but also foreign media from around the world, including Japan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, the Philippines, Brazil, and Argentina, are heaping praise on 'Moving'. LA REPUBLICA, a famous Peruvian entertainment magazine, commented, “It is a work that has established itself as one of the Korean series of the year,” and INFOBAE, a famous entertainment magazine in Argentina, also praised ‘Moving’, saying, “We have met a new K-series that changes the concept of superheroes.” . Asia's leading entertainment media also gave favorable reviews about the specialness of 'Moving'. 

http://www.heraldpop.com/view.php?ud=202309011322178098363_1

3 hours ago, willenette said:

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. Park Bo Young appeared in the first season of the show as a part-time worker. Ohhh..... she flew to the United States despite her busy schedule while she was promoting her newly released film Concrete Utopia.   

Your welcome @willenette, yeah she did, that is wow eh.

*** On September 1st, the 'Disney Plus Korea' Youtube channel uploaded a "Cross Interview" video with the actors of the hit drama 'Moving'. In the video, Jo In Sung expressed his excitement about returning to romance in the series. Talking about his character Doosik, he said, "Doosik's biggest charm is his duality. While he's a charismatic, quiet, and sharp agent at work, he's completely different when he's with someone he loves, completely falling apart and behaving differently than he’d planned. It's been a while since I did romance. That's why I was curious to see how doing a romance at this point in my life would feel." Cha Tae Hyun asked, "Did you find your romance acting satisfactory?" Jo In Sung praised his partner Han Hyojoo, saying, "It's all thanks to Hyojoo. She did well. I hope she also feels the same way."  

20230901_051519_233_hyojoo.jpg

source : Gstarlive

Jo In Sung from a long time ago? That's why it's Jo In Sung!

It's great to see an actor age with their work, but it's not a journey that's possible for every actor. A star's journey from a teenager to middle age can only happen with the right narrative and if he is able to generously overcome the expectations and doubts placed on him.

Jo In-sung is on that path now. He still has the precarious eyes of his 20s, but he has the superior physicality of his 30s and the richness of his 40s. In the summer of 2023, Master Sergeant Kwon of "Smugglers" is on screen and Kim Doo-sik of "Moving" is on OTT. "Smugglers" is the only one of the summer's top four films to break even, surpassing 5 million viewers, and "Moving" is the No. 1 overall OTT trending topic. This is a great achievement for Disney Plus, a latecomer to OTT.

spacer.png

Disney Plus 'Moving'
"Smugglers" and "Moving" were filmed two years ago. They were only released after a year of post-production, so what we're seeing now is Jo In-sung from two years ago. His performance, which was completed in the past, is changing the game in the present. People who were mesmerized by him in the past are saying, "Yeah. That's why I liked Jo In-sung', and those who have rediscovered him with a fresh eye can nod and say, 'This is Jo In-sung'.

Those who rise to fame early on and make it to the top have to constantly prove themselves to the public and to themselves. Jo In-sung's 20s and 30s were filled with such times. He proved himself to be a versatile character in any genre with the movies "A Dirty Carnival" and "A Frozen Flower", and showed that he was still a soul full of melodrama and romance in dramas like "It's Okay, That's Love" and "Dear My Friends."

Meanwhile, with regards to Jo In-sung's eyes, Kim Hye-soo talked about them in 'Smugglers', as "the end of the action was Jo In-sung's eyes". His eyes contain quite a wide spectrum, and "Moving" utilizes that spectrum judiciously. The reticent eyes of a first-class black ops agent of the Ministry of Security, the eyes of a lover who is clumsy but sincere in relationships, the tearful eyes of a man who has to point a gun at his lover, and the eyes of a father who has to find his son in the vast sky are all in Jo In-sung's eyes.

spacer.png

Disney Plus 'Moving'
He certainly has the superior physique that lends credence to his superpowers, and he has the presence that gives tension just by standing silently in front of an elevator in a black suit, but with all of that, he's moving forward. Nearly 25 years in the business has given him the ability to read between the lines, which is more valuable to an actor than superpowers. He stands on the scene as an actor and producer, but also as a colleague and comrade.

From his earliest interviews, Jo In-sung has mentioned his inadequacies and the sufficiency of his seniors. Such as what happened after he met Jeon Do-yeon in the 2002 drama "Shoot for the Stars" and Ko Hyun-jung in the 2005 drama "Spring Days", what it was like to work with Jung Woo-sung in the 2017 movie "The King", and to be loved like sunshine by Kim Hye-soo and Yeom Jung-ah in the 2023 movie "Smugglers." He said that their presence gave him the ground, the sun, the rain, the wind, which nurtured him.

spacer.png

The movie 'Smugglers'
So Jo In-sung is still growing and getting better. He did well in the past, and it's not easy to maintain that status and position, but he goes further from there. Melodrama takes one's breath away and genre makes one's heart beat. Jo In-sung now becomes all of these things in one piece. Still fluttering, but it also shows a ripe maturity for his career. It's amazing to see how much his vocalization and pronunciation have stabilized in just a few years.

Director Ryu Seung-wan said that after "Escape from Mogadishu" and "Smugglers", he gained a new friend in Jo In-sung. Jo In-sung was always there in his 20s and 30s, but in his 40s, he is standing in a new way. He doesn't go beyond a certain point, yet he expands his boundaries. Now he's got all 20s to 40s. As the years go by and spring comes again, Jo In Sung blooms again. I wonder what flowers will bloom this year, next year, and in the future. 

https://topclass.chosun.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=32238

Cha Tae Hyun x Jo In Sung, filming 'Moving' and making a comeback with 'Unexpected Business 3'...October broadcast (official)

spacer.png

'Unexpected Business 3' will meet viewers in October.

On the 1st, tvN announced the October broadcast, saying, "See you in October for 'Unexpected Business 3,' which is returning with a new season."

"Unexpected Business 3" follows Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung as they struggle to run a store in the American West. The two have been running small rural stores and larger discount stores in Korea, and we are looking forward to seeing how they will manage their businesses in other countries.

Following seasons 1 and 2, this season 3 will also feature stars as part-time employees. Han Hyo Joo, Kim Ah Joong, Park Kyung Rim, and Park Bo Young have all announced their appearances, hinting at the exceptional chemistry they have developed with Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung. In particular, Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung are currently starring in the popular Disney+ original series "Moving," which is expected to draw even more attention to "Unexpected Business 3.

"We will be able to see the two bosses, Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung, struggling even more in an unfamiliar environment," said PD Ryu Ho-jin. "Also, as the United States is called a country of immigrants, it is expected to provide more diverse human figures and stories."

https://www.joynews24.com/view/1628825

Jo In Sung Dishes on His Comeback to Romance and Working with Han Hyo Joo in ‘Moving’

joinsung.png

Jo In Sung spilled on returning with a love story after a long time in the hit series Moving.

On the 1st, Disney Plus Korea uploaded an interview featuring the cast of Moving, including Ryu Seung Ryong, Kim Sung Kyun, Cha Tae Hyun, and of course, Jo In Sung.

Cha Tae Hyun probed Jo In Sung about what the most appealing part of his character Du Sik was. In response, Jo highlighted his co-star Han Hyo Joo, saying, “The charm of Du Sik lies in his duality. He’s a thoroughly professional intelligence agent—charismatic, quiet, and sharp when he’s working. But when it comes to someone he loves, he ends up completely falling apart and behaving differently than he’d planned.”

Jo continued, “It’s been a while since I’ve done romance,” adding, “I was curious about how it would feel to do it at this stage of my life.” He expressed significant anticipation for how he will be received in Moving.

When Cha asked, “Were you satisfied with your performance this time?” Jo replied, “Hyo Joo did an amazing job. I hope she feels the same,” emphasizing his chemistry with Han Hyo Joo. To that, Cha jested, “If anyone meets Hyo Joo, ask her if she feels the same,” bringing out laughs all around.

Cha then shared a funny anecdote from his shooting, saying, “I thought a child actor would be playing the high school days (of my character). That’s common, after all.” He laughed as he continued, “I was told to act as a high school student. I was really concerned. When I got to the set, everyone was actually a high schooler. What’s the point of admiring (how young we look) with Kim Hee Won? In front of them, we’re all just old men.”

https://youtu.be/7CrCuXP9N70

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230901101028662

Top 10 Hottest Korean Actors And Must-Watch K-Dramas Dominating Discussions In August 4th Week based from Good Data Corporation

good-data-drama-090123-1.jpg

1. "Moving"

2. "Mask Girl"

3. "My Dearest"

4. "The Uncanny Counter 2: Counter Punch"

5. "Destined With You"

6. "My Lovely Liar"

7. "Not Others"

8. "Behind Your Touch"

9. "The First Responders 2"

10. "The Real Has Come"

good-data-drama-090123-2.jpg

1. NamKoong Min - "My Dearest"

2. Ahn EunJin - "My Dearest"

3. Ryu SeungRyong - "Moving"

4. NaNa - "Mask Girl"

5. Go YounJung - "Moving"

6. Hwang MinHyun - "My Lovely Liar"

7. Zo InSung - "Moving"

8. SF9's RoWoon - "Destined With You"

9. Kim SoHyun - "My Lovely Liar"

10. Ko HyunJung - "Mask Girl"

good-data-drama-090123-3.jpg

Popular webtoon-based TV series drive more readers to original works

20230831000818_0.jpg

Kakao Entertainment webtoons are enjoying a renewed bump in popularity from TV drama adaptations by broadcasters and video streaming platforms that have become major hits this year.

Disney+’s superhero action series “Moving” became the most watched Korean original project on Disney+ and Hulu, topping Disney+'s TV series charts in several countries, including Korea, Japan, Hong Kong and other Southeast Asian countries.

Proving its growing popularity, the original webtoon “Moving,” which came to an end in 2015, became the most viewed webtoon on the Kakao platform as of Tuesday.

After Disney+ premiered “Moving” on Aug. 9, the daily average sales of the webtoon series saw an increase of 12 times and eight times on Kakao Page and Kakao Webtoon, respectively. Viewership rose 22 times and nine times on Kakao Page and Kakao Webtoon as well.

“With the rising popularity of Kakao Entertainment’s IP-based drama series, the original webtoons are getting renewed attention, creating a virtuous cycle. The company will continue to provide quality stories and find ways to maximize the IP synergy with more exciting projects,” a Kakao Entertainment official said.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230831000781

On 9/2/2023 at 1:45 PM, syntyche said:

Behind-the-scenes footage of Disney+'s original series 'Moving'

@syntyche  thanks for sharing this. You know, BTS Jimin recently recommended the drama "Moving" during his live session held on September 1. During the live session, he mentioned that he doesn't typically watch K-dramas, but he made an exception for Moving and found it enjoyable.  :Twerkdatbutt:

*** The film “Smugglers” is one of the top-grossing movies in August in South Korea. The Korean Film Council (KOFIC) released the rankings for the monthly box office for August. For August, there were 130 films released, which were released in theaters. There were a total of 374 films screened, which include films released in theaters and screened through film festivals and special exhibitions.  “Smugglers” placed second with 3.04 million in attendance and gross of $22.25 million.  :heart1:

KOFIC_2_abe5076d4d.jpg

TOP-GROSSING FILMS IN AUGUST IN SOUTH KOREA 

BASED ON TOTAL ADMISSIONS (SOURCE: KOFIC)

RANK            

TITLE

RELEASE DATE

MONTHLY GROSS

(TOTAL SINCE RELEASE)

ADMISSIONS

(TOTAL)

Concrete Utopia

South Korea

Aug. 9, 2023

$25,524,083

($25,542,834)

(3,454,880)

Smugglers

South Korea

July 26, 2023

$22,258,693

($36,703,532)

(5,022,095)

Oppenheimer

U.S.

Aug. 15, 2023

$20,373,462

($20,373,462)

(2,525,894)

Elemental

U.S.

Jun 14, 2023

$9,478,794

($52,532,544)

(7,065,125)

Ransomed

South Korea

Aug. 2, 2023

$7,385,990

($7,696,438)

(1,056,202)

HONEYSWEET

South Korea

Aug. 15, 2023

$7,171,323

($7,171,323)

(974,367)

The Moon

South Korea

Aug. 2, 2023

$3,681,961

($3,916,503)

(512,571)

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One

U.S.

July 12, 2023

$3,112,784

($30,554,795)

(4,016,681)

Detective Conan The Movie: Black Iron Submarine

Japan

July 20, 2023

$1,275,817

($5,604,099)

(773,269)

Barbie

U.S.

Jul 19, 2023

$1,010,386

($4,305,945)

(579,316)

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2023.09.01 ~ 2023.09.03

credit : https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/main/main.do

Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Oppenheimer"   248 773 2 774 667
2 "Don't Buy the Seller" (타겟) 2023/08/30 167 567 260 879
3 "Concrete Utopia" (콘크리트 유토피아) 2023/08/09 157 711 3 612 591
4 "Honey Sweet" (달짝지근해: 7510) 2023/08/15 142 931 1 117 298
5 "Elemental"   61 765 7 126 889
6 "Smugglers" (밀수) 2023/07/26 49 861 5 071 952
7 "Body Parts" (신체모음.zip) 2023/08/30 23 576 35 220
8 "Operation Fortune: Ruse de guerre"   17 569 36 392
9 "Maya the Bee 3: The Golden Orb"   8 997 34 812
10 "One Week Friends" (一周的朋友)   5 767 5 767

*** Yes, I am following the drama "Moving", though my interest has been also piqued by "The First Responders 2". I love rom-com genre but, on my current watch list: Moving and The First Responders Season 2, none are romance-centric, and all present pretty substantive content, if even it requires some stretching of imagination. Moving" is a good entertainment  The love story between Han Hyo Joo and Jo In Sung is sweet. The kids’ segment is cute and sets a nice tone to the parents’ segment. It’s mostly slick action, with a dash of dark comedy.  :emmm:

23 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Moving new teaser for Episode 14&15!!!

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. Disney Plus series "Moving" is enjoying immense popularity with fantastic reviews. I'm excited but curious on how the story will unfold in the next seven episodes of the show. There are  new characters in the upcoming episodes aside from the introduction of new characters like Frank (played by Ryu Seung Bum), and Lightning Man (Cha Tae Hyun). While many characters and actors are still under wraps, the story is set to become even more thrilling. The main idea of the story stays the same: Good wins over bad. I usually like stories where the good guys win in this tough world.   :kaching1:

*** “Moving” is one of the dramas, which are placed in the top 20 most favorite TV and over-the-top (OTT) programs in South Korea in August. Polling firm Gallup Korea released the results of its monthly survey for August, which asked 1,000 respondents aged 18 and above to name their favorite broadcast programs. The survey was conducted from Aug. 22 to 24. Disney+’s “Moving” took 17th place with 1.4 percent. “Moving” earlier set a new record by becoming the most watched Korean original series on Disney+ globally and Hulu in the US based on hours streamed after seven days.   :yaaa:

Here are the top 20 favorite TV and OTT programs in South Korea in August: 

1. The Real Has Come! (drama, KBS2) - 4.4% 

2. I Live Alone (entertainment, MBC) - 3% 

3. Apple of My Eye (drama, KBS1) - 2.8% 

4. You Quiz on the Block (entertainment, tvN) - 2.7% 

5. My Dearest (drama, MBC) - 2.3% 

6. I Am A Natural Person (current affairs, MBN) - 2% 

7. Running Man (entertainment, SBS) - 1.8% 

8. 2 Days & 1 Night (entertainment, KBS2) - 1.7% 

-  I Am Solo (entertainment, ENA/SBS Plus) - 1.7%

10.  Earth Arcade 2 (entertainment, tvN) - 1.6% 

-  The Burning Roses (entertainment, tvN) - 1.6% 

-  I Like Tuesday Nights (entertainment, TV Chosun) - 1.6% 

-  Backpack Travels (current affairs, KBS1) - 1.6% 

14. Mr. Lotto (entertainment, TV Chosun) - 1.5% 

-  The Uncanny Counter 2: Counter Punch” (drama, tvN) - 1.5% 

-  Mask Girl (drama, Netflix) - 1.5%

17. Moving (drama, Disney+) - 1.4% 

- The First Responders (drama, SBS) - 1.4% 

19. Unanswered Questions (current affairs, SBS) - 1.3% 

20. Elegant Empire (drama, KBS2) - 1.2% 

Gallup3_B_c93f25dcf9.jpg

(Clockwise from top right) “The Real Has Come!,” "My Dearest," “The Uncanny Counter 2: Counter Punch,” "Mask Girl" and "Moving" (Photos: KBS2, MBC, tvN, Netflix, Disney+)