Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

Busy Holiday Season Leaves Viewers Spoilt for Choice

lwVLefYfnbuaoiQInLne.jpg

With the ink still warm in the record books for this summer’s box office, the Korean film industry is heading straight back into action for one of the busiest Chuseok holiday seasons of recent memory. Five star-driven titles will vie for glory on the charts as families around the country gather for the festivities.

Chuseok, Korea’s Thanksgiving holiday, is one of the two biggest annual celebrations in the country, along with the Lunar New Year. This year, the holiday will take place from Sunday, September 23 to Tuesday 25, with Wednesday threw in as another day off by the government. In addition, National Foundation Day and Hangeul Proclamation Day will fall on Wednesday, October 3 and Tuesday, October 9, giving fall releases plenty of opportunities to draw in big crowds in 2018.

Among this fall’s five top titles are a new showdown between HYUN Bin and ZO In-sung, who went head to head during the Lunar New Year holiday in 2017 with Confidential Assignment and The King, the latest Don LEE vehicle, last year’s Chuseok champ with THE OUTLAWS, the final entry in a period drama trilogy and South Korea’s first ever period creature feature.

The Great Battle - ZO In-sung

UvdxEVePFpIFMGhESSqg.jpg

Reportedly the year’s most expensive film, period siege epic The Great Battle is the ambitious third feature of KIM Kwang-sik, returning to theaters after the gangster romcom My Dear Desperado (2010) and the media thriller Tabloid Truth (2014). With dazzling effects and plenty of forwarding momentum, this latest period war film takes pages out of Hollywood hits such as 300 and The Lord of the Rings.

Set in the year 645 AD, The Great Battle focuses on the real siege of the Ansi Fortress, which held out for 88 days when it was besieged by the military forces of the Tang Empire. General Yang (played by ZO) leads his small loyal forces against an overwhelming larger foreign invader, while also trying to fend off an assassination attempt from home.

ZO scored a hit during the Lunar New Year holiday last year with HAN Jae-rim’s prosecutor drama The King (2017). Yet, The Great Battle is only his second film in ten years, owing to an extended absence following A Frozen Flower (2008) when he enlisted for his military service. Complementing ZO on screen are TV star NAM Joo-hyuk in his film debut, AOA member Seol-hyun, BAE Sung-woo (ZO’s co-star in The King), UM Tae-goo (The Age of Shadows, 2016) and PARK Sung-woong (New World, 2013).

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/features.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601013&seq=442&mode=FEATURES_VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

• Like 2

*** JIS also said that D.O. hates walking and is the type to travel in taxis. As for Lee Kwang Soo, he said that he always wears a mask. LOL…JIS is so visible nowadays promoting his movie. :P

Jo In Sung Talks About What It’s Like To Travel With EXO’s D.O. And Lee Kwang Soo

8321a8defbe5408180042c2687a97f33.jpeg?s=

On the latest episode of “Radio Star,” Jo In Sung talked about his experience traveling together with EXO’s D.O. and Lee Kwang Soo!

The actor appeared as a guest on the September 19 episode of the MBC talk show, where the hosts asked him about his well-known penchant for traveling. Jo In Sung mentioned that he had gone on vacation with his friends D.O. and Lee Kwang Soo, who both starred alongside him in the popular 2014 drama “It’s Okay, That’s Love.”

“We all love traveling, and our tastes in food are very similar,” remarked Jo In Sung. “However, the details [of our traveling styles] are somewhat different. I really enjoy walking when I’m on vacation—I’ll walk around all day. But Kyung Soo [D.O.’s given name] really dislikes walking.”

He went on to elaborate, “[D.O.] likes making reservations at good restaurants. He and Kwang Soo often do that and go out [to eat] together.”

Jo-In-Sung4.jpg

Host Yoon Jong Shin commented, “When you travel abroad together, so many people must recognize Kwang Soo.” Jo In Sung responded that because Lee Kwang Soo was so popular worldwide, people always recognized him in every country they visited together.

“He also wears really flashy clothes,” he joked. “He wears colorful, patterned clothes that really stand out. [It’s like he’s announcing,] ‘I’m Lee Kwang Soo.'”

Check out the full episode of “Radio Star” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 2

Korean Movies Opening Today 2018/09/19 in Korea

photo1002646.jpg

Korean movies opening today 2018/09/19 in Korea: "Fengshui", "The Negotiation", "The Great Battle", and "Beethoven Medley".

photo1002642.jpg

"The Great Battle" (2017)

Directed by Kim Kwang-sik-I

With Jo In-sung, Nam Joo-hyuk, Park Sung-woong, Bae Sung-woo, Um Tae-goo, Seolhyun,...

Formerly known as "Ansi Fortress"
Synopsis
A historical film about the siege of Ansi Fortress and the epic eighty-eight day battle that Yang Man-chun and his Goguryeo troops fought against 500,000 invading Tang dynasty men to defend it.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : /www.hancinema.net/al...

• Like 2

*** I'm sure what JIS meant here is his status in the public eye makes dating difficult. It could be hard to date someone because of their name & fame. Popular celebrities could not date in public. :P

Jo In Sung explains why it's hard to be his girlfriend

jo-in-sung.jpg

Jo In Sung talked about the hardships his girlfriend might face. 

On the September 19 airing of MBC's 'Radio Star', Jo In Sung revealed, "Actor Jo In Sung is not that advantageous in my life."

He added, "I think it might be overwhelming to the partner when it comes to dating as well. It's not a good position to be in. People say I probably can easily meet girls but it's not like that. A relationship with no pressure could be better for the partner."

Jo In Sung emphasized, "If someone becomes my girlfriend, they can have a hard time just because I am Jo In Sung."

jo-in-sung_1537372691_%E3%85%93.jpg

source : allkpop

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

(Video) Jo In Sung Reveals Why He Struggles When Traveling With EXO’s D.O. And Lee Kwang Soo

Jo In Sung loves to go traveling with EXO’s D.O. and Lee Kwang Soo, but this one aspect is too different between them.

cr-koreaboo

__________________________________________________________________________________

g4.jpg

g3.jpg

On the September 19 airing of MBC's 'Radio Star', Jo In Sung said, "If someone becomes my girlfriend, they can have a hard time just because I am Jo In Sung." Fans then commented:

1. I want a hard life so, so badly...

2. Life's already hard, might as well live it dating you... ❤

3. Probably easier to just date another celebrity like Won Bin is

4. You don't need to worry about that, it's fine. You only live once... I can handle it.

5. I understand what he's saying... but I still want to feel that pain...

6. How hard could it be... I can try it out

7. I wonder who his girlfriend will end up being... ㅠㅠ

8. I have lived a life that has already been plenty hard. I have become so strong that I can chew a rock whole. All of this was in waiting for you ㅜㅜ

9. That hardship... I can take it on!!!!

10. This is a hardship I can take and handle, got it? Whether you feed me rocks, poison, or poop water, I can do it.

source : dailykpopnews

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jo In Sung Reveals What’s Most Difficult For Him When It Comes To Dating

Jo In Sung may seem to live a blessed life thanks to his fame and good looks, but he reveals that he has difficulties dating.

7gIk8AuQ68qB2F7Aj9exZpyE03AhwGReOWm8Kz5B

Jo In Sung is one of the most famous actors in the Korean entertainment industry, as he’s best known for his tall height, built figure, and a stunning face.

C6qNXCxe9K2I9Ev_9aliAC1u7Bp3ArtBiW07rZXv

You’d think being born as Jo In Sung would only be a blessing, but he revealed on Radio Star that it has its disadvantages in life.

“In my opinion, I don’t think the image of Jo In Sung the star actor isn’t advantageous in living one’s life.”

— Jo In Sung

He says he’s struggled with dating because his fame could become a burden to his partner, which could ultimately be the reason that the relationship doesn’t work out.

“Take dating for example, I feel like the women can feel burdened [by my fame]. I don’t think there’s only good sides [to my fame].

When I date, my girlfriend could face a lot of struggles because I’m Jo In Sung.”

— Jo In Sung

Knowing how burdensome it could be, Jo In Sung can’t help but overthink when it comes to dating. He actually doesn’t meet women as easily as one may think given his looks and fame.

“A lot of people ask me if it’s easy for me to meet a lot of women because of my looks, but it’s not always the case.

I end up thinking a lot about it, and it may just be better for the other person to date someone who’s less burdensome.”

— Jo In Sung

Fellow co-star Bae Sung Woo couldn’t help but chime in what everyone was thinking… Being born as Jo In Sung is a blessing nonetheless!

“You were born with a huge blessing.”

— Bae Sung Woo

After a good laugh, Jo In Sung admitted that there are good sides and bad sides to everything, and the only thing you can do in life is to over come it and move on!

“You can’t just run away from it. You have to fight against it and overcome the [disadvantages].”

— Jo In Sung

Watch the full video below:

source : koreaboo

• Like 2

Review: THE GREAT BATTLE, Rip-Roaring War Film Eschews Nationalism

Going all the way back to the Goguryeo Dynasty, siege action epic The Great Battle chronicles the historic standoff of a small Korean garrison against the might of the Tang army in the 7th century. Light on jingoism and heavy on spectacle, this surprisingly deft war film is an engaging ride throughout, even as it gets a little top-heavy in its final third.

In the year 645 AD, Emperor Li and his Tang Dynasty army march from one brutal victory to the next in the lands of Goguryeo. He soon sets his sights on Ansi Fortress; but also headed there is the young army captain Sa-mool, who has been ordered to assassinate Ansi’s leader, Yang Man-chun, who failed to come to Goguryeo’s aid on the battlefield. Sa-mool discovers that Yang and his loyal followers are not what he expected, and together they hold out for almost three months as the Tang army bears down on their walls.

With its tale of a small squad of Korean warriors going up against and vanquishing foreign foes, the parallels between The Great Battle and all-time Korean box office champ Roaring Currents were evident from the get-go, but whereas the former work relied on heavy-handed nationalism, director Kim Kwang-sik reigns in the patriotic excess in his unabashedly fun war picture, as he crafts a driving David versus Goliath tale powered by solid design and effects work, which are matched with a colorful cast of misfits audiences will be happy to root for.

Zo In-sung, back on screens after last year’s Scorsese-esque prosecutor drama The King, proves a magnetic lead as Yang, the commander of Ansi Fortress, who quickly disarms Sa-mool with his charm and inspires loyalty at every turn with his magnanimous and keen leadership. Uhm Tae-gu, memorable as the ferocious Japanese officer in Kim Jee-woon’s The Age of Shadows, is a welcome presence once more as the husky-voiced leader of Ansi’s cavalry, while Seol-hyun (of Kpop band AOA) brings grit to her role as his love interest and Yang’s sister, the leader of the fortress’ crossbow squadron.

Bae Sung-woo (who starred alongside Zo in The King) tones down his trademark humor as Yang’s stolid right-hand man while Park Sung-woong (New World) is suitably stony-faced and cruel as Emperor Li, even if his Mandarin doesn’t always sound very natural. Comic support comes from Park Byung-eun (Assassination) and Oh Dae-hwan (V.I.P.), who play bickering warriors by Yang’s side.

Eight years ago, Kim Kwan-sik delivered the low-key but effective romcom My Dear Desperado with Park Joong-hoon and Jung Yu-mi. He was less successful with the humdrum media thriller Tabloid Truth in 2014 and now, despite every opportunity to the contrary, he has delivered his most accomplished work yet. Pacing throughout is tight and Kim’s direction makes the action clear and easy to follow, whereas other Korean period epics often rely on a barrage of frenetic energy and frenzied camerawork.

After a blistering couple of attacks, the siege of Ansi Fortress settles in for the long haul, and this is where the narrative runs into trouble. Perhaps unsure of how to proceed, the writers throw in a few unlikely scenarios and a rushed side plot yet the production eventually manages to get back on track for a rousing closing battle.

Buckets more fun than we might usually expect from a period Korea war title, The Great Battle takes a big page out of the middle chapter of Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy and is a welcome change from the dreary nationalism we’ve come to expect from Korea’s period war pictures.

https://screenanarchy.com/2018/09/review-the-great-battle-rip-roaring-war-film-eschews-nationalism.html

Nam Joo Hyuk Talks About The Pressure Of Making His Film Debut With “Ansi Fortress”

On the other hand, he shared how Jo In Sung helped him feel more at ease on set.

“Jo In Sung has been a big help to me. As a senior, he helped me so much and I personally look up to him. Because of his older brother-like advice, I was able to film the movie more easily and I was able to put off the tension and pressure,” he said.

(skipped unrelated)

https://hellokpop.com/tv-movies/nam-joo-hyuk-film-debut-ansi-fortress/

8 Adorable Actor-Idol Friendships That We Can’t Get Enough Of

When an idol and actor form a special connection, us fans can’t help but have a deep desire for them to be BFFs forever, especially when we love them both. And when they upload photos on their social media accounts or talk about each other on interviews and variety shows, we almost wish we could be a part of their friendship! It’s the cutest thing ever when they form such a close bond with each other.

Here’s a look at eight of those actor-idol BFFs we can’t get enough of!

Jo In Sung and D.O.

jo-in-sung-do-kyung-soo.jpg

Jo In Sung and EXO’s D.O. met on the set of the drama, “It’s Okay, That’s Love.” Since then, the two have maintained a pretty strong relationship as they continue to hang out with each other. In an interview, Jo In Sung even stated how D.O. randomly drops by his house and eats with him.

jo-in-sung-do-kyung-soo1-540x360.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

[Box Office] Movies in theaters this week

By Yoon Min-sik

20180920000412_0.jpg

The Great Battle
(Korea)
Opened Sept. 19
Drama, History, Action
Directed by Kim Kwang-sik

The Chinese Tang Empire, led by Taizong (Park Sung-woong), is disgruntled by the military coup of Goguryeo’s Yeon Gaesomun (Yoo Oh-seong), and invades the kingdom. With the Goguryeo army suffering a devastating defeat, it is now up to Ansiseong fortress and its leader Yang Man-chun (Zo In-sung) to defend the country.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Herald

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 10:24 PM, syntyche said:

Going all the way back to the Goguryeo Dynasty, siege action epic The Great Battle chronicles the historic standoff of a small Korean garrison against the might of the Tang army in the 7th century. Light on jingoism and heavy on spectacle, this surprisingly deft war film is an engaging ride throughout, even as it gets a little top-heavy in its final third.

In the year 645 AD, Emperor Li and his Tang Dynasty army march from one brutal victory to the next in the lands of Goguryeo. He soon sets his sights on Ansi Fortress; but also headed there is the young army captain Sa-mool, who has been ordered to assassinate Ansi’s leader, Yang Man-chun, who failed to come to Goguryeo’s aid on the battlefield. Sa-mool discovers that Yang and his loyal followers are not what he expected, and together they hold out for almost three months as the Tang army bears down on their walls.

With its tale of a small squad of Korean warriors going up against and vanquishing foreign foes, the parallels between The Great Battle and all-time Korean box office champ Roaring Currents were evident from the get-go, but whereas the former work relied on heavy-handed nationalism, director Kim Kwang-sik reigns in the patriotic excess in his unabashedly fun war picture, as he crafts a driving David versus Goliath tale powered by solid design and effects work, which are matched with a colorful cast of misfits audiences will be happy to root for.

Zo In-sung, back on screens after last year’s Scorsese-esque prosecutor drama The King, proves a magnetic lead as Yang, the commander of Ansi Fortress, who quickly disarms Sa-mool with his charm and inspires loyalty at every turn with his magnanimous and keen leadership. Uhm Tae-gu, memorable as the ferocious Japanese officer in Kim Jee-woon’s The Age of Shadows, is a welcome presence once more as the husky-voiced leader of Ansi’s cavalry, while Seol-hyun (of Kpop band AOA) brings grit to her role as his love interest and Yang’s sister, the leader of the fortress’ crossbow squadron.

Bae Sung-woo (who starred alongside Zo in The King) tones down his trademark humor as Yang’s stolid right-hand man while Park Sung-woong (New World) is suitably stony-faced and cruel as Emperor Li, even if his Mandarin doesn’t always sound very natural. Comic support comes from Park Byung-eun (Assassination) and Oh Dae-hwan (V.I.P.), who play bickering warriors by Yang’s side.

Eight years ago, Kim Kwan-sik delivered the low-key but effective romcom My Dear Desperado with Park Joong-hoon and Jung Yu-mi. He was less successful with the humdrum media thriller Tabloid Truth in 2014 and now, despite every opportunity to the contrary, he has delivered his most accomplished work yet. Pacing throughout is tight and Kim’s direction makes the action clear and easy to follow, whereas other Korean period epics often rely on a barrage of frenetic energy and frenzied camerawork.

After a blistering couple of attacks, the siege of Ansi Fortress settles in for the long haul, and this is where the narrative runs into trouble. Perhaps unsure of how to proceed, the writers throw in a few unlikely scenarios and a rushed side plot yet the production eventually manages to get back on track for a rousing closing battle.

Buckets more fun than we might usually expect from a period Korea war title, The Great Battle takes a big page out of the middle chapter of Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy and is a welcome change from the dreary nationalism we’ve come to expect from Korea’s period war pictures.

https://screenanarchy.com/2018/09/review-the-great-battle-rip-roaring-war-film-eschews-nationalism.html

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this.  I'm happy that his current movie is a success & a box-office HIT! “The Great Battle” has surpassed 1 million moviegoers at the box office! We can see from the picture below that the cast celebrate this with flags that read “The Great Battle” and “Thank you for 1 million.” They also released some BTS photos from the movie’s set in celebration. I'm happy for JIS. He promoted it to a great degree. :P

the-great-battle-jo-in-sung-nam-joo-hyuk

jo-in-sung-the-great-battle.jpg

cr/photos - soompi news

September Brand Reputation Rankings For Male Advertisement Models Revealed

The Korean Business Research Institute has announced this month’s brand reputation rankings for male advertisement models!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of consumer behavior using big data collected from August 22 to September 23.

The Korean Business Research Institute evaluated the participation, communication, media, and social values of 50 male advertisement models in order to calculate each star’s total brand reputation index for September.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Jung Hae In
  2. Park Seo Joon
  3. Won Bin
  4. Wanna One’s Kang Daniel
  5. Gong Yoo
  6. Park Bo Gum
  7. Shinhwa’s Eric
  8. Jo In Sung
  9. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
  10. Park Ji Sung

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 10:00 PM, syntyche said:

syntyche, also thanks for sharing this. The movie has majority taken over the Korean box office. I read that it has also taken No. 1 in advanced ticketing for two weeks. They say that it is expected to reach 2 million soon. :P

• Like 1

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2018.09.21 ~ 2018.09.23

photo1003684.jpg

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2018.09.21 ~ 2018.09.23

The number one movie this week is "The Great Battle" (안시성)

Korean Box Office - Admissions for the Weekend 2018.09.21 - 2018.09.23 (www.kobis.or.kr)

# Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "The Great Battle" (안시성) 2018/09/19 1 128 399 1 409 522
2 "Fengshui" (명당) 2018/09/19 548 990 758 859
3 "The Negotiation" (협상) 2018/09/19 445 104 618 427
4 "The Nun"   366 371 544 854
5 "Searching"   87 047 2 736 014

(skipped unrelated.....)

source :  www.hancinema.net/kor...

• Like 3

Hi @willenette, thanks for the updates. I'm so glad 'The Great Battle' is doing so well! Jo In Sung did work hard promoting this, and it has paid off. He has even topped the brand reputation for movie stars this September, despite not being in the Top 25 the previous month. He has proven his star power yet again. 

Dnrqe3NUUAAZ0vi.jpg

“The Great Battle” Dominates Korea Box Office

“The Great Battle” has overwhelmingly taken over the Korean box office.

The film has taken No. 1 in the box office among its other competitors in its first week. It has also taken No. 1 in advanced ticketing for two weeks. On September 23 alone, the day before Chuseok, the film achieved 483,611 moviegoers, coming out to a total of 1,409,147 moviegoers since its premiere on September 19. This is twice that of “Feng Shui,” which is currently second place in the box office.

“The Great Battle” has continued to maintain over 50 percent advanced ticketing. It has continued to soar past its competitors “Negotiation” and “The Nun,” taking over nearly the majority of the box office. It surpassed the 1 million moviegoers milestone on September 22, and is expected to reach 2 million soon.

“The Great Battle” is about the 88-day battle of Ansi Fortress. It stars Jo In Sung, Nam Joo Hyuk, AOA’s Seolhyun, and more.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1235321wpp/great-battle-dominates-korea-box-office

Jo In Sung, AOA’s Seolhyun, Nam Joo Hyuk, And More Celebrate 1 Million Milestone For “The Great Battle”

“The Great Battle” has surpassed 1 million moviegoers at the box office!

The film, directed by Kim Kwang Sik, reached the milestone on September 22 after its September 19 premiere. It has also held the No. 1 spot in the domestic box office for four consecutive days.

the-great-battle-jo-in-sung-nam-joo-hyuk

To celebrate, the cast, including Jo In Sung, Nam Joo Hyuk, Uhm Tae Goo, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Park Byung Eun, took photos with flags that read “The Great Battle” and “Thank you for 1 million.”

The production staff also released some behind-the-scenes photos from the movie’s set in celebration.

Spoiler

jo-in-sung-the-great-battle.jpg

park-sung-woong-the-great-battle.jpgseolhyun-the-great-battle.jpgthe-great-battle-seolhyun.jpgjung-eun-chae-the-great-battle.jpgthe-great-battle-sung-dong-il.jpg

“The Great Battle” is a historical action thriller set in the Goguryeo kingdom. Driven by word-of-mouth, it continues to grow in the areas of advance ticket sales, general ticket sales, and the number of screens on which it opens.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1235093wpp/jo-sung-aoas-seolhyun-nam-joo-hyuk-celebrate-1-million-milestone-great-battle

And now it's on its 2 million breakthrough!

• Like 2

September Movie Star Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

September Movie Star Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

Sep 23, 2018
by E. Kim

The brand reputation rankings for film actors have been released by The Korean Business Research Institute for the month of September.

They analyzed 153,462,779 pieces of big data from August 21 to September 22 on 50 of Korea’s most loved and popular movie stars using, media coverage, interaction, consumer participation and awareness indexes.

The analysis shows that Jo In Sung has come out on top as the movie star with the highest brand reputation, with an index of 8,182,810. Even just last month, he didn’t make the top 25 of the brand reputation ranking, proving that he’s a force to be reckoned with.

The words that came out during the link analysis for Jo In Sung, were “handsome”, “funny”, and “cool”, while the highly associated keywords were “The Great Battle”, “age”, and “friend.”

Check out the list below of the top 30 stars that made it on this month’s rankings!

1. Jo In Sung

September-brand-reputation.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1234925wpp/september-movie-star-brand-reputation-rankings-revealed

DnwNY0CUwAAPQdK.jpg

DnwNYPJVsAAO55U.jpg

http://www.wowkorea.live/album/152235.html

• Like 1

92101565.2.jpg?resize=600%2C400&ssl=1

Jo In Sung Shares How He Prepared For His Goguryeo Commander Character In “Ansi Fortress”

By abbyinhallyuland | September 22, 2018

Jo In Sung admitted facing apprehensions when he was drawing his character as Goguryeo commander Yang Manchun in Ansi Fortress.

Jo In Sung

The top actor expressed how his new film venture has challenged him to portray a historical figure with resonance that will be appreciated by the viewers. He shared his unusual wanting to get away from the typical depictions of historical characters, who are all great and amazing. That’s why his foundation to build his role is seeing the revered warrior as a “leader”.

He added how the charismatic character is expected for his role, but he opted to make a different kind of mesmerizing persona by keeping it low key just like a normal person – instead of the expected ambitious sketching typically utilized for historical figures.

Jo In Sung

Jo In Sung revealed he initially struggled giving life to Commander Yang when there is available limited information about him compared to popular traditional warriors like General Yi Sun Shin. But he turned it to his advantage by making him suit up to his role freely in adding dimensions instead of following the set standard according to the history books.

With the huge budget worth of 18.5 billion won, Jo admitted feeling pressured to attract viewers just like the hardship of his movie character in leading his troops to war.

Jo In Sung

He said, “I could not escape the pressure. I also think it’s hard since now it is not easy to create scenarios that focus on a person with such a project or production cost.”

Furthermore, equating himself to Commander Yang, he mentioned coping up with undertakings that would practically mean you have done everything in your power to do it.

The Battle of Ansi Fortress is known as the greatest and most dramatic victory in East Asia’s war history. It is known for employing great strategy and tactics around 1,400 years ago and lasted for 88 days.

Ansi Fortress (The Great Battle) is currently receiving the Chuseok spotlight as the first mega-action blockbuster movie to cover the Goguryeo era. It is currently screening at the cinemas nationwide in South Korea.

https://hellokpop.com/tv-movies/jo-in-sung-shares-character-ansi-fortress/

• Like 1