Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

Jang Nara Is People Shy and Shy With Jo in-sung

photo1005589.jpg

Jang Nara spoke about the time she was in "New Non-Stop".

MBC broadcast a special documentary called "Youth Documentary: Twenty Again".

MC Park Kyung-rim interviewed actress Jang Nara who said, "Being altogether in "New Non-Stop" was a good recollection for me. I haven't been to college so I didn't know what it was like to go to university or be in a dorm with many people".

Jang Nara was especially grateful because her song became famous in that drama. She created a new trend in the following year of the drama and nearly swept all award categories.

Jang Nara said, "I was very people shy at the time. I don't know why because I never felt like a star, but others looked like stars to me".

"I was awkward with Jo In-sung for ten months. We just couldn't get comfortable with each other".

Source : www.xportsnews.com/?a...

Translation : Hancinema

October 2, 2018

‘The Great Battle’ continues to top the box office: Chuseok releases dominate theaters in their second weekend

https://pds.joins.com/jmnet/koreajoongangdaily/_data/photo/2018/10/01205253.jpg

The three highly-anticipated films released in time for the holiday last week held on to the top three spots at the weekend box office. The only newcomer that made it into the top ten last weekend was comedy “The Soul-Mate,” which arrived at fourth.

The mega-budget period epic “The Great Battle” remained invincible in its second weekend while crime flick “The Negotiation” pushed its way up to the second spot, pushing historical drama “Fengshui” down to third.

“The Great Battle” tells the story of courageous General Yang Man-chun (Zo In-sung) from Goguryeo (37 B.C.-A.D. 668) and sold 814,000 tickets from Friday to Sunday at 1,380 screens, according to data provided by the Korean Film Council on Monday. Since its release on Sept. 19, the film, which also stars Nam Joo-hyuk, Bae Seong-woo and Um Tae-goo, has sold a total of 4.5 million tickets.

Directed by Kim Kwang-sik of “My Dear Desperado” (2010), “The Great Battle” shows the epic fight between Yang and his troops trying to defend the small Ansi Fortress against half a million men from the Tang Dynasty attempting to invade.

“The Negotiation” moved up a spot to second place, with 370,000 tickets sold at 911 screens. The only holiday release that was not a period movie, this crime thriller stars Hyunbin as an illegal arms dealer who holds several Korean citizens hostage in Bangkok, and Son Ye-jin as a professional negotiator of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency who attempts to save the hostages through a successful negotiation with Hyunbin’s character.

Released on the same day as “The Great Battle,” “The Negotiation” has sold a total of 3.32 million tickets thus far.

“Fengshui,” set in the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910), arrived at third with 240,000 tickets sold. Starring Cho Seung-woo and Ji Sung, the movie tells the story of the futility of human greed through the depiction of people who fight over the perfect spot to bury their ancestors, which they believe directly affects the flow of where authority is directed.

“The Soul-Mate,” starring Ma Dong-seok, debuted in fourth.

In its first weekend, the comedy, co-starring Kim Young-kwang as Ma’s investigative partner, sold 172,000 tickets at 349 screens. This film revolves around a judo instructor (Ma) who cares about nothing else but his daughter, so he fails pay much attention to the injustices happening around him, an unusual role for Ma. But things start to change after the ghost of an overenthusiastic police officer in a coma (Kim), starts to haunt the judo instructor.

Horror movie “The Nun,” the fifth offering in the Warner Bros.’ The Conjuring Universe, rounded out the top five, with 117,000 tickets sold.

The latest in the horror franchise, which follows a priest with a haunted past and a young nun after they are sent to Romania by the Vatican to investigate the death of a nun possessed by a demonic being, is nearing a million tickets sold in Korea.

BY JIN MIN-JI [jin.minji@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 1

“Youth Documentary 20, Again” on MBC Documentary

Jo In Sung reveals how much he got paid during his rookie days on sitcom 'New Nonstop'

By yckim124   14 hours ago   8,207   601   4
jo-in-sung
Jo In Sung talked about his rookie days on 'New Nonstop'. 

On October 1, MBC aired a special documentary about the sitcom 'New Nonstop' from 2000. The production starring Park Kyung Lim, Jo In Sung, Jang Na Ra, Yang Dong Geun, Kim Jung Hwa, and more was an extremely popular sitcom. At the time, Jo In Sung was a super rookie, who've only played a minor role in one drama all his career. 

Jo In Sung recalled the old days, and said, "I was 20... 21-years-old then. I didn't know anything." 

He then shared, "I don't know if this can be broadcasted but I made 200,000 KRW (180 USD) per episode at the time. It aired 5 times a week so I made 4 million KRW (3,599 USD) per month. I made 2 million KRW (1,799 USD) after giving a share to my management company."

Jo In Sung continued, "I was able to do a lot with that money. A stable income was very important to me. It was a good thing. I thought, 'Wow I've succeeded'. My parents were very happy." 

jo-in-sung_1538420018_ji.jpg

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/10/jo-in-sung-reveals-how-much-he-got-paid-during-his-rookie-days-on-sitcom-new-nonstop

Jo In Sung Opens Up About Being Arrogant In The Past And More

Jo In Sung recently participated in a photo shoot and interview with Esquire Magazine, in which he talked about his latest movie “The Great Battle” and more.

Jo In Sung posed in outfits by American brand Polo Ralph Lauren. He pulled off a classy yet casual look, and the staff couldn’t help but admire his natural poses in a caramel-colored trench coat in particular, one of the must-have fashion items this fall.

During the interview, the actor confessed, “Actually, I rejected [the role in ‘The Great Battle’] thrice, not twice. I thought it was impossible. How could I be a general? Actually, actors with looks like mine are not generals. The public had fixed ideas about the leader of historical projects, and that’s why I refused many times. Then I realized I was trying to escape. I wanted to do it, but I was avoiding it. So I made up my mind, and I’ve come this far since then.”

Jo-In-Sung-11.jpgJo-In-Sung-22.jpgJo-In-Sung-31.jpg

Jo In Sung also talked about how this is the 20th year since his debut as an actor. He shared, “I didn’t like leaders who were always pushy and solemn. I thought about that a lot as I grew older and became the eldest at gatherings and came to play the role of a leader on set. I thought that I want there to be freedom at my table, that I want there to be an atmosphere where people could talk without having to be asked a question.”

He also opened up about being arrogant in the past. He said, “I just didn’t show my arrogance, but I was actually arrogant. It was until about five years ago. Then I completely woke up. I didn’t realize what was important. How do I put it now? I think I’m not in a bad [place]. It’s so important that nothing is happening at this moment. Nothing is happening to me right now. That’s happiness. My parents are healthy. My younger brother is fine. I’m working hard. Regardless of the outcome of this moment, I am happy to say that this isn’t the worst case scenario.”

Jo-In-Sung-41.jpgJo-In-Sung-5.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1238785wpp/jo-in-sung-opens-up-about-being-arrogant-in-the-past

‘The Great Battle’ wins second weekend at box office

SEOUL, Oct. 1 (Yonhap) — “The Great Battle” stayed atop the South Korean box office in its second weekend, collecting 814,446 admissions.

The ancient war movie has a 12-day cumulative of 4.52 million admissions, according to data from the Korean Film Council (KOFIC) on Monday.

A still from "The Great Battle" (Yonhap)

A still from “The Great Battle” (Yonhap)

Set in 645, the movie starring Zo In-sung, Nam Joo-hyuk and Park Sung-woong re-enacts the legendary 88-day battle that Gen. Yang Man-chun (played by Zo In-sung) and his 5,000 Koguryo troops desperately fought against the superior Chinese Tang invaders. Koguryo is one of the three Korean ancient kingdoms, which lasted from the first to seventh centuries and stretched from the central part of Korea well into modern-day northeastern China at its peak.

http://www.koreatimesus.com/the-great-battle-wins-second-weekend-at-box-office/

Jo In-sung Shares How Much He Was Paid at the Start of His Career

photo1006001.jpg

"Youth Documentary, Twenty Again" featured Jo In-sung and others from "New Non-stop" and reminisced over "New Non-stop".

"Youth Documentary, Twenty Again" broadcast the behind-the-scenes of popular MBC sitcom "New Non-stop" that aired in the year 2000.

Park Kyung-lim, Jo In-sung, Jang Nara, Yang Dong-geun, Kim Jung-hwa, Lee Min-woo, and Jung Tae-woo were the main cast members of "New Non-stop". Jo In-sung and Park Kyung-lim met as actor and MC of a movie presentation and they talked about old times over dinner.

Jo In-sung was a rookie when he was in "New Non-stop". Before that, he had only been in one drama and appeared in "New Non-stop" as a friend, but he was noticed by viewers right away.

Jo In-sung said, "I was only twenty-one years old then. I used to get paid 200,000 won per episode for five days of filming. That was 4,000,000 won a month and I was left with 2,000,000 after splitting it with the agency".

"I could do many things with that money. It was important to me that I had a fixed income. I thought I was successful and my parents were happy, too".

To Park Kyung-lim he said, "You were the best. Everyone wanted you and you saved me". Park Kyung-lim replied, "I think those who work hard for it get what they deserve and that's what you got".

Source : tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/r...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1

October 4, 2018

[Box Office] Movies in theaters this week

20181003000121_0.jpg

The Great Battle
(Korea)
Opened Sept. 19
Drama, History, Action
Directed by Kim Kwang-sik

The Chinese Tang Empire, led by Taizong (Park Sung-woong), is disgruntled by the military coup of Goguryeo’s Yeon Gaesomun (Yoo Oh-seong), and invades the kingdom. With the Goguryeo army suffering a devastating defeat, it is now up to Ansiseong fortress and its leader Yang Man-chun (Zo In-sung) to defend the country.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Herald

• Like 1

Netizen Shares Leaked Information About How Much Celebrities Make On Advertisements

Some of these figures may shock you.

A user of an online community has shared leaked information about exactly how much celebrities make for doing advertisements. According to the user, the information is from 4-5 years ago so there may be some differences in the fees compared to more recent times.

17. Jo In Sung

w09TUu6O2oH56IXLrkj4XDRRbjpmBo92juxcBYld

Modeling Fee:
700,000 USD / 800 million KRW (1 year)

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

• Like 1

Hi! Ladies, new member here but fell in love with Jo In sung since ive watched its okay thats love.  (His chemistry with hyo jin is insane!!)

Just wanted to know if there's an eng sub of his "youth documentary"? And which site we coud watch it for non-korean speakers? 

Thank you!

“The Great Battle” Cast Celebrates Surpassing 5 Million Moviegoers

Oct 6, 2018
by yshin

“The Great Battle” is on a roll!

On October 6, the film hit 5 million moviegoers in just 18 days since its premiere on September 19.

The movie exploded in popularity by word-of-mouth during the Chuseok holidays and maintained its steady stream of moviegoers into October as well.

“The Great Battle” is now No. 3 for having the most moviegoers among the movies released in 2018, after “Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days” and “Believer.”

Following this achievement, the main actors of “The Great Battle” took a picture with each other celebrating the event. In the photo, AOA’s Seolhyun holds a cake with the number “500” placed on top, while Jo In Sung, Nam Joo Hyuk, and other cast members stand beside her.

The-Great-Battle-5.jpg

A special poster was also released following this milestone, which includes all the main cast members of “The Great Battle,” such as Jo In Sung, Nam Joo Hyuk, AOA’s Seolhyun, Bae Sung Woo, Uhm Tae Goo, Park Byung Eun, Oh Dae Hwan, and Jung Eun Chae.

The-Great-Battle-6.jpg

“The Great Battle” is a blockbuster film about the 88-day battle for Ansi Fortress between Goguryeo and the invading Tang Dynasty.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1241505wpp/great-battle-cast-celebrates-surpassing-5-million-moviegoers

On 10/7/2018 at 7:21 PM, syntyche said:

'The Great Battle' stage greeting 100318

Reveal hidden contents

DouBJ_PU0AA_jGG.jpg

DouBKI5U8AA5fFn.jpg

DouBT9VV4AATJ9X.jpg

DouBUZmVsAAnczu.jpg

DouBdDbVAAA-VmV.jpg

DouBdkgUYAE0Emd.jpg

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing the pictures. He looks so happy - “The Great Battle” is already the second most-watched Korean film of the year! Congratulations to the cast and crew of “The Great Battle”! Congratulations to JIS! :P

'New Nonstop's Jo In Sung and more open up about co-star Jung Da Bin's shocking suicide

jo-in-sung-jung-da-bin.jpg

The actors of hit MBC sitcom 'New Nonstop' opened up about Jung Da Bin's death.

Back in 2007, the actress committed suicide. Jung Da Bin's death came as a great shock as she was a popular star who was on the rise in the industry. 

On the October 8 airing of MBC special documentary 'Again, Twenty', the actors of 'New Nonstop' looked back at their sitcom days and talked about Jung Da Bin. 

Jo In Sung stated, "It was not easy to visit her mortuary... My heart was aching and I wondered if I have the right to visit her when I didn't know anything (about her sufferings). But I remember going with the thought that I need to say my goodbyes on her final road."

Actor Jung Tae Woo also said, "It was unbelievable. Everyone probably felt that way. It was unbelievable and I wondered why Da Bin would..." He continued, "There are family members and colleagues near you. There are great memories. You should've held on a little longer... I still murmur these words to myself in the air when I read articles (about her)."

jo-in-sung_jung-da-bin_1539031826_dvd.jp

source : allkpop

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 11:52 AM, willenette said:

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing the pictures. He looks so happy - “The Great Battle” is already the second most-watched Korean film of the year! Congratulations to the cast and crew of “The Great Battle”! Congratulations to JIS! :P

Hi @willenette, indeed, 'The Great Battle' has reached that achievement! Congratulations to Jo In Sung, the cast and crew!

“The Great Battle” Becomes 2nd Most-Watched Korean Film Of 2018 In Less Than A Month

“The Great Battle” Becomes 2nd Most-Watched Korean Film Of 2018 In Less Than A Month

Just 21 days after its release, “The Great Battle” is already the second most-watched Korean film of the year!

On October 9, “The Great Battle” officially surpassed 5,201,385 moviegoers—the total number of moviegoers who went to see the hit film “Believer”—to achieve the second-highest box office sales of any Korean film in 2018.

The new historical action blockbuster, which stars Jo In Sung, Nam Joo Hyuk, and AOA’s Seolhyun as Korean warriors battling invading Chinese forces, just celebrated reaching 5 million moviegoers three days ago, on October 6. Industry experts predict that the film will soon break even.

“The Great Battle” is now second only to the smash hit “Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days,” the second installment of the wildly popular “Along with the Gods” film series.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “The Great Battle”!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1242741wpp/great-battle-becomes-2nd-watched-korean-film-2018-less-month

CC898CB1-9E24-4FC5-B9BB-EA275A4394D5.jpeg?resize=660%2C400&ssl=1

“Twenty Again” Documentary To Unveil Untold Stories Of Jo In Sung, Jang Na Ra & More “New Nonstop” Members

Youth documentary, Twenty Again revealed and will unveil more never before told stories on its second episode.

MBC’s Twenty Again made headlines on its initial showing, and the released second trailer following the first episode is creating more buzz locally. 

Park Kyung Lim, Jo In Sung, Jang Nara, Yang Dong Geun, Lee Min Woo, Kim Jung Hwa, Jung Tae Woo, of the MBC sitcom – New Nonstop, which aired 18 years ago gathered together to recall the memories of the old days in the recent MBC documentary special.  The second part of the show will be aired on October 8 which will share the remaining stories of the homecoming reunion of former New Nonstop cast members.

Nonstop Magic

MBC’s beloved show has been home to popular Korean stars such as Jo In Sung who is now one of South Korea’s bankable actors. He starred in acclaimed works such as What Happened In Bali, That Winter The Wind Blows, It’s Okay It’s Love, The Classic, A Dirty Carnival, The King and recent box office hit The Great Battle among others.

0E3B0914-D10A-4A1C-A68D-F66EF0F57763.jpe

Nonstop Friendship

Their friendship seemed to expand not only in the show but in real life, as it is not the first time they held a friendly catching up session.

On November 4, 2014, Jung Tae Woo, uploaded on his Instagram a photo of the New Nonstop cast, who happily gathered together for the first time in 12 years. He wrote that everyone except for Kim Jung Hwa, who was in the U.S. at that time and the late Jung Da Bin were present. He also added that they reminisced old memories and enjoyed good conversations.

On its concluding episode, an unexpected guest hinted an appearance at the reunion, which surprised the casts and gave a thrilling anticipation for the next episode.

The youth documentary, Twenty Again will be broadcast at 11:10 p.m. on October 8th via MBC.

(skipped unrelated)

https://hellokpop.com/news/new-nonstop-twenty-again-reunion-show/

'Twenty Again' MBC Documentary

Spoiler

Holiday films fail to break even: Experts say audiences found options to be unoriginal and flat

17203234.jpg

Clockwise from top left are scenes from “The Great Battle,” “Fengshui,” “The Negotiation” and “Monstrum,” all of which are big-budget features released in time for the Chuseok holiday last month. [NEW, CJ ENTERTAINMENT, LOTTE ENTERTAINMENT, MEGABOX PLUS M]

During the Chuseok holiday season last month, audiences were offered rife choices in cinema. Hoping to produce a box office smash, distributors enthusiastically pushed big-budget releases starring high profile actors. Four weeks after their arrival, however, there seems to be no obvious winner.

Hoping to attract large crowds during one of the most popular movie-going seasons of the year, “The Great Battle,” “Fengshui,” “The Negotiation” and “Monstrum” arrived in theaters just in time to fight it out over the holiday.

Despite high expectations, none of the four films managed to reach their break-even-points by this Monday despite the fact that the total number of tickets sold last month rose by more than 30 percent on-year, backed by the holiday season.

According to the Korean Film Council on Tuesday, more than 3.5 million tickets were sold over the three-day Chuseok holiday - the most since 2008.

Of the four Chuseok releases, “The Great Battle,” which tells the story of the fierce battle between Goguryeo (37 B.C. - A.D. 668) General Yang Man-chun (Zo In-sung) of Ansi Fortress and his troops and a large army from the Tang Dynasty, has performed the best.

The movie, which cost more than 20 billion won ($18 million) to make, has so far sold a total of 5.35 million tickets since its arrival in theaters on Sept. 19. The film’s break-even-point is 5.8 million ticket sales.

“Releasing four big-budget movies during the Chuseok season resulted in reckless competition,” said film critic Hwang Jin-mi. “There still seems to exist a common perception that the Chuseok holiday is the most lucrative season to release movies because big families are expected to spend time at the cinema over the long holiday. But people’s lifestyles have changed. Not as many people spend their holiday with their family anymore.”

Hwang also pointed to a lack of creativity from movie production studios.

She added, “The essence of these films are pretty much the same as the ones audiences have already seen so many times before, except with different A-list actors.”

Instead of spending large amounts of money on seasonal movies, it is crucial to distribute the spending on smaller movies throughout the year, according to movie critic Kim Heon-sik.

“Films [released during the Chuseok holiday] imitated elements commonly used in successful movies, which mostly relate to the use of CGI. This ultimately raises production costs,” said Kim.

(skipped unrelated.....)

BY JIN MIN-JI [jin.minji@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 1

Dp2qmyJUcAAAUji.jpg

Zo In Sung Becomes an Ambassador for Seoul Songpa Police Station!

Actor Zo In Sung made a promise that he would be a bridge connecting the citizens and the police.

On October 19, Songpa Police Station (Seoul) announced, "We appointed Zo In Sung because he has been doing a splendid job making our city a better place to live as a local resident who cares about his neighborhood."

A relevant source explained, "We thought that Zo In Sung could be a great mediator between the city and our precinct and help us to encourage civilian's participation in our activity by taking part in projects such as protecting our community and crime prevention."

Zo In Sung was able to get a taste of aforementioned by patrolling the Garak-dong park and its vicinity as requested with the help of the captain and the officers of Songpa Police Station.

After he was done patrolling, Zo In Sung participated in multiple promotional activities to raise awareness towards the policies of Songpa Police Station by filming a promotional video that endorses the slogan 'We are the citizen, and the citizen is us.'

Ahn Jong-ik, the captain of the Songpa Police Station commented, "We expect many great things from Zo In Sung since he is one of the most beloved actors in Korea. For the safety and the happiness of the local residents of Songpa, please do your best to make our slogan "Safe Songpa, Happy Residents." a reality.'

Zo In Sung said, "This job provided me a valuable opportunity to reconsider the concept of happiness. It occurred to me that unless we can guarantee the safety and happiness of our own community, we can't make our nation a better society."

He added, "I'm so grateful that I could be a part of this. I'll endeavor to achieve those goals and be that friendly bridge that could connect the city and Songpa Police Station."

Meanwhile, Zo In Sung's latest film 'THE GREAT BATTLE' was released on September 19, and it has attracted more than 5,300,000 moviegoers so far.

(Kang Eunbee, Credit= SBS funE, Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency)

https://news.sbs.co.kr/amp/news.amp?news_id=N1004979482&cmd=amp&news_id=N1004979482&__twitter_impression=true

Jo In Sung Becomes An Ambassador For Songpa Police Station

Korean heartthrob Jo In Sung, added another feather to his cap as he was appointed  an ambassador for Songpa Police Station. 

Songpa Police station announced that as a local resident and someone who has an affection to the community, its office trusts Jo In Sung to bridge the gap between the citizens and the police. 

Jo, together with the police officers from the Songpa Police station, joined in various anti-crime prevention activities such as patrolling around Garak Neighborhood Park.

After the actor had made his rounds, he also participated in a promotional video promoting the policies of the police station under the campaign “Police are Citizen and Citizen are Police”. 

Police Chief Ahn Jong-ik said, “As a representative of the Republic of Korea, I am looking forward to a great success in the field of crime prevention and ask for the safety and happiness of residents like the police slogan”

Jo In Sung said, “I have been thinking for a while that my country will be healthy if I am happy with the community I live in. I am grateful that I can help a little. In order to ensure the safety of Songpa-gu and the happiness of the residents, I will faithfully approach the residents and make a bridge that connects the police with the residents.”

This is not the first time that Jo In Sung has been appointed as an ambassador. In April 2016, together with Korean actress, Choi Ji Woo, they attended the ambassador appointment ceremony for National Tax Service held at the Seoul Regional Tax Office. They were nominated as the best tax payers and received presidential commendation for their commendable tax payments. 

https://www.hellokpop.com/news/jo-in-sung-ambassador-songpa-police-station/

DqBzRFxVAAETJNd.jpg

DqBzRFxU8AYOxgN.jpg

DqBzRFxU8AADuLN.jpg

Spoiler

DqBzRF9U4AA2l6K.jpg

DqBz3zMU4AAz_8U.jpg

DqBz3zMU8AAeGYl.jpg

DqBz3zNV4AEU6KN.jpg

DqBz31RVsAYrkv_.jpg

DqB0I2lVsAAZNdl.jpg

DqB0I2kU0AAU2lA.jpg

On 10/21/2018 at 10:11 PM, syntyche said:

Zo In Sung Becomes an Ambassador for Seoul Songpa Police Station!

Actor Zo In Sung made a promise that he would be a bridge connecting the citizens and the police.

On October 19, Songpa Police Station (Seoul) announced, "We appointed Zo In Sung because he has been doing a splendid job making our city a better place to live as a local resident who cares about his neighborhood."

A relevant source explained, "We thought that Zo In Sung could be a great mediator between the city and our precinct and help us to encourage civilian's participation in our activity by taking part in projects such as protecting our community and crime prevention."

Zo In Sung was able to get a taste of aforementioned by patrolling the Garak-dong park and its vicinity as requested with the help of the captain and the officers of Songpa Police Station.

After he was done patrolling, Zo In Sung participated in multiple promotional activities to raise awareness towards the policies of Songpa Police Station by filming a promotional video that endorses the slogan 'We are the citizen, and the citizen is us.'

Ahn Jong-ik, the captain of the Songpa Police Station commented, "We expect many great things from Zo In Sung since he is one of the most beloved actors in Korea. For the safety and the happiness of the local residents of Songpa, please do your best to make our slogan "Safe Songpa, Happy Residents." a reality.'

Zo In Sung said, "This job provided me a valuable opportunity to reconsider the concept of happiness. It occurred to me that unless we can guarantee the safety and happiness of our own community, we can't make our nation a better society."

He added, "I'm so grateful that I could be a part of this. I'll endeavor to achieve those goals and be that friendly bridge that could connect the city and Songpa Police Station."

Meanwhile, Zo In Sung's latest film 'THE GREAT BATTLE' was released on September 19, and it has attracted more than 5,300,000 moviegoers so far.

(Kang Eunbee, Credit= SBS funE, Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency)

https://news.sbs.co.kr/amp/news.amp?news_id=N1004979482&cmd=amp&news_id=N1004979482&__twitter_impression=true

Jo In Sung Becomes An Ambassador For Songpa Police Station

Korean heartthrob Jo In Sung, added another feather to his cap as he was appointed  an ambassador for Songpa Police Station. 

Songpa Police station announced that as a local resident and someone who has an affection to the community, its office trusts Jo In Sung to bridge the gap between the citizens and the police. 

Jo, together with the police officers from the Songpa Police station, joined in various anti-crime prevention activities such as patrolling around Garak Neighborhood Park.

After the actor had made his rounds, he also participated in a promotional video promoting the policies of the police station under the campaign “Police are Citizen and Citizen are Police”. 

Police Chief Ahn Jong-ik said, “As a representative of the Republic of Korea, I am looking forward to a great success in the field of crime prevention and ask for the safety and happiness of residents like the police slogan”

Jo In Sung said, “I have been thinking for a while that my country will be healthy if I am happy with the community I live in. I am grateful that I can help a little. In order to ensure the safety of Songpa-gu and the happiness of the residents, I will faithfully approach the residents and make a bridge that connects the police with the residents.”

This is not the first time that Jo In Sung has been appointed as an ambassador. In April 2016, together with Korean actress, Choi Ji Woo, they attended the ambassador appointment ceremony for National Tax Service held at the Seoul Regional Tax Office. They were nominated as the best tax payers and received presidential commendation for their commendable tax payments. 

https://www.hellokpop.com/news/jo-in-sung-ambassador-songpa-police-station/

Reveal hidden contents

DqBzRF9U4AA2l6K.jpg

DqBz3zMU4AAz_8U.jpg

DqBz3zMU8AAeGYl.jpg

DqBz3zNV4AEU6KN.jpg

DqBz31RVsAYrkv_.jpg

DqB0I2lVsAAZNdl.jpg

DqB0I2kU0AAU2lA.jpg

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. :P

15 Golden K-Dramas That Are Always Worth Rewatching

As an avid K-drama watcher, there are a lot of dramas that I’ve watched more than once. There’s many factors that play into wanting to watch a whole series more than once. Most of the time, it’s because of two main reasons: the two main leads and their chemistry, and how captivating the storyline is. I find myself enjoying these dramas just the same the second time around despite already knowing the outcome. Here’s my list of 15 K-dramas that are worth the re-watch!

9. It’s Okay, That’s Love

its-okay-thats-love.gif

This series stars veteran actors Jo In Sung and Gong Hyo Jin, which means you really can’t go wrong performance wise. Jo In Sung plays Jang Jae Yeol, an enigmatic writer who is dealing with the effects of a traumatic childhood. He comes across a feisty psychiatrist named Ji Hae Soo, played by Gong Hyo Jin. The two fall in love and are faced with having to deal with each other’s issues together.

The series really brings the issue of mental illness to light. Especially with Jo In Sung’s acting and various other appearances by some veteran actors, this series can be watched over and over again. It’s got a strong message that needs to be shared and will never get old! Also, (for you EXO fans) this series marked a big stepping stone in D.O.’s acting career!

its-okay-thats-love1.gif

Start watching “It’s Okay, That’s Love”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pavla Osminskaya said:

i waiting next dorama with j.i.isung, when?!?

Hi Osminskaya, I'm also waiting............because right now, there's still no news about it yet. I hope we could get to hear soon. His latest movie was "The Great Battle" - :P

• Like 2

9 Of The Most Famous Celebrity Friend Groups

The strongest friendships in the entertainment industry.

4.Jo In Sung Club

Jo In Sung, Bae Sung Woo, Cha Tae Hyun, Song Joong Ki, Lee Kwang Soo, Kim Woo Bin, Kim Ki Bang, Im Joo Hwan, and EXO‘s D.O.  belong to a tight-knit group of nine actors.

qkUeRuH6rqCQ2HjCfz1k41SVG7Qpe3edapKT4qM4

The group is well-known to fans and within the entertainment industry. The group tends to meet up at Jo In Sung’s house often even though they each have their own packed schedules. They’ve also tried to make time for trips together.

yIto3jZWpd6xHPOswUTHe4Jfnme6LCRKEv51QkFa

The group is also known to have a group chat where they talk almost every night!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

• Like 1