Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

6 Korean Romance Films That Will Make You Want To Fall In Love

“The Classic”

Combining the acting chops of Son Ye Jin and Jo In Sung, “The Classic” tells a love story that starts out pure and innocent, then spans years and lasts through unimaginable hurdles, and is all told through the memoirs of the female lead (played by Son Ye Jin), which is read by her daughter (also played by the actress).

I mean, the title says it all. How many times have you seen this movie parodied in variety shows? But have you actually seen it? And if so, have you been fantasizing about a handsome man running under your umbrella in the rain? No? Ahem… me neither. This romance film really is a masterpiece, which explains its popularity with Korean audiences. Pull your preferred method of watching movies into your lap by the window on a rainy day and share in the romance that inspired many others and will undoubtedly inspire more to come.

Son-Ye-Jin.gif

(skipped unrelated)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, syntyche said:

New Non Stop (2000) stars #JangNara, #JoInSung #YangDongGeun and #ParkKyungRim reunited and are currently filming a documentary "'청춘 다큐, 다시 스물' (Youth Documentary, Twenty Again) #장나라 #张娜拉 #NewNonStop

Oct 1 at 11PM on MBC Documentary

cr: Jang Na Ra Philippines

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this video. Looking forward to this show. :P

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 | 2018 Movie: The Great Battle

Hi, @willenette and @syntyche,

Thank you for all the updates.  It's like a deluge after a famine.  But, I'm not complaining.

I am really hoping that his new movie will even surpass 10M moviegoers.  My friends and I are going to see it tomorrow after work.  

Do you know, by an chance, how i can buy those new magazines that has him featured?  And, also, any new more projects in line for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graciana100 said:

Thank you for all the updates.  It's like a deluge after a famine.  But, I'm not complaining.

I am really hoping that his new movie will even surpass 10M moviegoers.  My friends and I are going to see it tomorrow after work.  

Do you know, by an chance, how i can buy those new magazines that has him featured?  And, also, any new more projects in line for him.

Hi graciana, for Cine21, please refer to this link : https://www.qoo10.sg/item/SOUTH-KOREA-MOVIE-MAGAZINE-CINE21-NO-1089-JO-IN-SUNG-COVER-JI/512685361 :P

ZqSxw8PS?format=jpg&name=600x314

Jo In Sung, Nam Joo Hyuk, And More Celebrate “The Great Battle” Passing 2 Million Moviegoers

“The Great Battle” has surpassed another milestone!

On September 24, the film hit 2 million moviegoers in just six days since its premiere on September 19.

It notably hit this milestone two days faster than the 2012 film “Masquerade” (also known as “Gwanghae: The Man Who Became King”), which is the only film released during the Chuseok holidays to ever surpass 10 million moviegoers in modern Korean film history. “The Great Battle” is also second only to “Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days” as the fastest film of 2018 to reach this milestone.

The movie has consistently been No. 1 at the Korean box office this past week, and is expected to continue to bring in a large number of moviegoers during its second week of release.

To celebrate surpassing 2 million moviegoers, Jo In Sung, Nam Joo Hyuk, Uhm Tae Goo, Park Byung Eun, and director Kim Kwang Sik took a photo together while holding flags that read, “Thank you for 2 million moviegoers.”

Representing the cast, Jo In Sung commented, “My heart was so full when I saw comments saying that the audience gave a round of applause after the movie. The driving force behind the success of ‘The Great Battle’ is the audience. We hope for your continual love and interest.”

Nam Joo Hyuk also expressed thanks on his Instagram for showing “The Great Battle” love despite it being the Chuseok holiday.

“The Great Battle” is a historical action thriller about the 88-day battle for Ansi Fortress between Goguryeo and the invading Tang Dynasty.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1235437wpp/jo-sung-nam-joo-hyuk-celebrate-great-battle-passing-2-million-moviegoers

'The Great Battle' tops the box office + breaks record set by hit film 'Masquerade'

Seolhyun,jo-in-sung,nam-joo-hyuk
'The Great Battle' is taking over the box office. 

The new historical action film starring Jo In SungNam Joo Hyuk, Bae Seong Woo, Park Sung Woong, and more was released in theaters in time for the Chuseok holiday. In just 6 days, the movie attracted more than 2 million viewers.

'The Great Battle's record for reaching 2 million viewers is two days faster than the hit film 'Masquerade', which was also released during the Chuseok holiday in 2012. 'The Great Battle' has also attracted moviegoers at a faster rate than 'Along With the Gods: The Last 49 Days' and 'Believer', which are considered the two most successful films of 2018. 

The lead actor Jo In Sung shared a message of appreciation, stating, "I was so touched to read viewers' comments stating they naturally applauded after seeing the film. The viewers are the reason for the success of 'The Great Battle'. Please continue to give great love and attention."

Seolhyun_jo-in-sung_nam-joo-hyuk_1537799785_ㅓ.jpg

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/09/the-great-battle-tops-the-box-office-breaks-record-set-by-hit-film-masquerade

18 hours ago, graciana100 said:

Hi @graciana100, for Marie Claire and Esquire, please check these links:

http://mg.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goodscode=1493390439

http://mg.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goodscode=1493298446

Cast Of “New Nonstop” To Reunite For 1st Time In 16 Years For MBC Special

The cast of MBC’s beloved sitcom “New Nonstop” will have a reunion!

“New Nonstop” was a sitcom that aired 422 episodes from 2000 to 2002. Many famous stars got their start on this popular sitcom. The cast included Park Kyung Lim, Jo In Sung, Jang Na Ra, Yang Dong Geun, Lee Min Woo, Jung Tae Woo, Kim Jung Hwa, and more.

On MBC’s special program “Youth Documentary 20, Again” (literal title), the cast will get together for the first time in 16 years after the sitcom ended.

Park Kyung Lim, who is now an MC and a mom of a third grader, will visit each of her former co-stars. She will grab a drink with her former on-screen boyfriend Jo In Sung, visit her close friends Jang Na Ra and Yang Dong Geun, as well as actors who have stayed out of the limelight since then such as Lee Min Woo and Kim Jung Hwa.

The highlight of the show will be when they all gather at a reunion arranged by Park Kyung Lim. Jo In Sung, who’s busy after the release of the film “The Great Battle,” and Jang Na Ra, who began filming a new mini-series, reportedly left an opening in their schedules because they wanted to see their former co-stars.

A staff from the show said, “‘Youth Documentary 20, Again’ is a warm dedication to all of the youth. I hope it will give some fun comfort to those who may have forgotten about their dreams from their 20s while living busily.”

“Youth Documentary 20, Again” will air its two episodes on October 1 at 8 at 11:10 p.m. KST.

Are you excited to see the cast of “New Nonstop” again?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1235133wpp/cast-new-nonstop-reunite-1st-time-16-years-mbc-special

• Like 1

13 hours ago, syntyche said:

Jo In Sung, Nam Joo Hyuk, And More Celebrate “The Great Battle” Passing 2 Million Moviegoers

“The Great Battle” has surpassed another milestone!

On September 24, the film hit 2 million moviegoers in just six days since its premiere on September 19.

It notably hit this milestone two days faster than the 2012 film “Masquerade” (also known as “Gwanghae: The Man Who Became King”), which is the only film released during the Chuseok holidays to ever surpass 10 million moviegoers in modern Korean film history. “The Great Battle” is also second only to “Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days” as the fastest film of 2018 to reach this milestone.

The movie has consistently been No. 1 at the Korean box office this past week, and is expected to continue to bring in a large number of moviegoers during its second week of release.

To celebrate surpassing 2 million moviegoers, Jo In Sung, Nam Joo Hyuk, Uhm Tae Goo, Park Byung Eun, and director Kim Kwang Sik took a photo together while holding flags that read, “Thank you for 2 million moviegoers.”

Representing the cast, Jo In Sung commented, “My heart was so full when I saw comments saying that the audience gave a round of applause after the movie. The driving force behind the success of ‘The Great Battle’ is the audience. We hope for your continual love and interest.”

Nam Joo Hyuk also expressed thanks on his Instagram for showing “The Great Battle” love despite it being the Chuseok holiday.

“The Great Battle” is a historical action thriller about the 88-day battle for Ansi Fortress between Goguryeo and the invading Tang Dynasty.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1235437wpp/jo-sung-nam-joo-hyuk-celebrate-great-battle-passing-2-million-moviegoers

'The Great Battle' tops the box office + breaks record set by hit film 'Masquerade'

'The Great Battle' is taking over the box office. 

The new historical action film starring Jo In SungNam Joo Hyuk, Bae Seong Woo, Park Sung Woong, and more was released in theaters in time for the Chuseok holiday. In just 6 days, the movie attracted more than 2 million viewers.

'The Great Battle's record for reaching 2 million viewers is two days faster than the hit film 'Masquerade', which was also released during the Chuseok holiday in 2012. 'The Great Battle' has also attracted moviegoers at a faster rate than 'Along With the Gods: The Last 49 Days' and 'Believer', which are considered the two most successful films of 2018. 

The lead actor Jo In Sung shared a message of appreciation, stating, "I was so touched to read viewers' comments stating they naturally applauded after seeing the film. The viewers are the reason for the success of 'The Great Battle'. Please continue to give great love and attention."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/09/the-great-battle-tops-the-box-office-breaks-record-set-by-hit-film-masquerade

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. As of now, it's not only 2M moviegoers but already reaches 3M. I'm so happy for JIS that his movie is a box-office HIT! The film surpassed 3 million moviegoers within 8 days of its release. I read that of all the Korean films released this year, 2018, “The Great Battle” is the second-fastest to reach this milestone, after “Along With the Gods 2.”  :P

• Like 4

don’t miss the ruckus!

screenshot_20180925-203502_youtube450587

Cute BTS cut of Ansi Fortress, with a bonding moment between Nam Joo Hyuk and his horse. Apparently, the horse he rides in the movie is the same one Jo In Sung rode in Frozen Flower. Sageuks are always physically harder to film because of the costumes, fake hair and makeup, plus the lengthy formal speech involved. Despite the hardship, the cast seemed to have had a fulfilling time. Their sweat and effort have paid off since the movie is taking the box office ny storm.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2018/09/25/dont-miss-the-ruckus/

• Like 1

That's right, @willenette, it's now reached 3 million viewers! This is remarkable! It has even set a new record!

“The Great Battle” Reaches 3 Million Moviegoers In An Impressive Amount Of Time

“The Great Battle” Reaches 3 Million Moviegoers In An Impressive Amount Of Time

Sep 26, 2018
by C. Hong

Period action film “The Great Battle” is seeing a lot of success at the box office!

The Korean Film Council estimated that, according to their data, “The Great Battle” sold 3,120,905 tickets as of September 26, 8 a.m. KST. That means the film surpassed 3 million moviegoers within 8 days of its release.

Of all the Korean films released in 2018, “The Great Battle” is the second-fastest to reach this milestone, after “Along With the Gods 2.” Among movies released during the Chuseok holidays, “The Great Battle” set a new record, surpassing 2012’s “Masquerade,” which reached 3 million moviegoers 11 days after its release. “The Great Battle” also beat “Confidential Assignment” (2017) and “Berlin” (2013), which were released during the Seollal (Lunar New Year) holidays.

“The Great Battle” stars Jo In Sung, Park Sung Woong, AOA’s Seolhyun, Nam Joo Hyuk, and more in an epic battle between the kingdom of Goguryeo and the Tang dynasty at Ansi Fortress.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1236407wpp/great-battle-reaches-3-million-moviegoers-impressive-amount-time

14 hours ago, syntyche said:

Hi @graciana100, for Marie Claire and Esquire, please check these links:

http://mg.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goodscode=1493390439

http://mg.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goodscode=1493298446

The cast of MBC’s beloved sitcom “New Nonstop” will have a reunion!

“New Nonstop” was a sitcom that aired 422 episodes from 2000 to 2002. Many famous stars got their start on this popular sitcom. The cast included Park Kyung Lim, Jo In Sung, Jang Na Ra, Yang Dong Geun, Lee Min Woo, Jung Tae Woo, Kim Jung Hwa, and more.

On MBC’s special program “Youth Documentary 20, Again” (literal title), the cast will get together for the first time in 16 years after the sitcom ended.

Park Kyung Lim, who is now an MC and a mom of a third grader, will visit each of her former co-stars. She will grab a drink with her former on-screen boyfriend Jo In Sung, visit her close friends Jang Na Ra and Yang Dong Geun, as well as actors who have stayed out of the limelight since then such as Lee Min Woo and Kim Jung Hwa.

The highlight of the show will be when they all gather at a reunion arranged by Park Kyung Lim. Jo In Sung, who’s busy after the release of the film “The Great Battle,” and Jang Na Ra, who began filming a new mini-series, reportedly left an opening in their schedules because they wanted to see their former co-stars.

A staff from the show said, “‘Youth Documentary 20, Again’ is a warm dedication to all of the youth. I hope it will give some fun comfort to those who may have forgotten about their dreams from their 20s while living busily.”

“Youth Documentary 20, Again” will air its two episodes on October 1 at 8 at 11:10 p.m. KST.

Are you excited to see the cast of “New Nonstop” again?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1235133wpp/cast-new-nonstop-reunite-1st-time-16-years-mbc-special

Thank you very much.  I already ordered the magazines.

My friends and I watched "The Great Battle" last night, and it was heartwarming to heat from people who really don't know Zo In Sung state that he is a really good actor.  They even started asking the other projects he was in.  

The movie was very well done and as expected, Zo In Sung really delivered.  Now, I'm hoping that there are more projects for him soon.  Hoping for a drama and more movies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graciana100 said:

My friends and I watched "The Great Battle" last night, and it was heartwarming to heat from people who really don't know Zo In Sung state that he is a really good actor.  They even started asking the other projects he was in.  

The movie was very well done and as expected, Zo In Sung really delivered.  Now, I'm hoping that there are more projects for him soon.  Hoping for a drama and more movies.

Thanks, @graciana100 for sharing your views on the movie! We are also hoping that he would have more projects soon. He has proven that he still has star power even with years of hiatus, and even gaining new fans.

'The Great Battle' Stage Greeting 092618

DoBDYppV4AIUgEU.jpg

DoA-v6fUUAEnbxW.jpg

DoBG-XvVsAAH89X.jpg

Spoiler

DoBG9GKVAAAUeha.jpg

DoBG9gXVsAA3AdS.jpg

DoBG-BXVAAAwc_q.jpg

DoBDkt8V4AEpHOe.jpg

DoBDlHSUcAE6DZ2.jpg

DoBDk6mU8AAEuL3.jpg

DoBDlVvUYAQcCUh.jpg

DoBDYK9U4AAY8yq.jpg

DoBDY25VAAAg-0i.jpg

DoBDZGoV4AAnpgH.jpg

DoA-v95UYAAfQpY.jpg

DoA-wS8V4AA33ds.jpg

DoA-weLU4AIUpi7.jpg

DoA-wt7VAAE2u1e.jpg

cr: newsen.com, itsnew_movie

'The Great Battle' tops the box office since its realease

Dn_wXTFXUAIzcPD.jpg

Jo In Sung visits Korean scholar

13 hours ago, syntyche said:

'The Great Battle' Stage Greeting 092618

Reveal hidden contents

DoBG9GKVAAAUeha.jpg

DoBG9gXVsAA3AdS.jpg

DoBG-BXVAAAwc_q.jpg

DoBDkt8V4AEpHOe.jpg

DoBDlHSUcAE6DZ2.jpg

DoBDk6mU8AAEuL3.jpg

DoBDlVvUYAQcCUh.jpg

DoBDYK9U4AAY8yq.jpg

DoBDY25VAAAg-0i.jpg

DoBDZGoV4AAnpgH.jpg

DoA-v95UYAAfQpY.jpg

DoA-wS8V4AA33ds.jpg

DoA-weLU4AIUpi7.jpg

DoA-wt7VAAE2u1e.jpg

cr: newsen.com, itsnew_movie

Jo In Sung visits Korean scholar

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing the movie stage greeting pictures.  I love looking at JIS when he's in casuals. Also, thanks for sharing the video. I’m glad that everything pays off due to his hard work for the movie. He's been very busy, very visible promoting the film nowadays. :P

• Like 1

17 hours ago, graciana100 said:

Hi graciana, wow, you're lucky that you got the chance to watch his current movie. Here in my side, rarely those K-movies are shown on cinemas. If there is one, it's usually 1st-day, last-day..... The Korean Film Council said  that the film "The Great Battle" drew 3.12 million viewers in about a week since its release on Sept. 19.This mega war film's production cost was about W22 billion. :P

• Like 2

7 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi graciana, wow, you're lucky that you got the chance to watch his current movie. Here in my side, rarely those K-movies are shown on cinemas. If there is one, it's usually 1st-day, last-day..... The Korean Film Council said  that the film "The Great Battle" drew 3.12 million viewers in about a week since its release on Sept. 19.This mega war film's production cost was about W22 billion. :P

Hi, Willenette,

Yes, I'm lucky.  San Diego has a big Korean Community, so I get to enjoy to watch his movie.  Also, going to the Korean grocery stores, and restaurants are the things that I get to do.  I soo love their fried chicken!!!  Come over and let's watch it again.

I just got introduced to K drama last year and got to know him.  Now, I'm a die hard fan.  I am hoping that he gets to do more projects that he will enjoy doing and that his followers will eagerly await.  

I am also hoping after watching some shows that he went to promote his movie (yes, I am a subscriber for both drama fever and wiki   -  obsessed!!!),  that he finds the perfect girl for himself!!

My siblings and I are already planning to visit Korea (and the cafe Everything but the hero) but it has to wait since we already have other travel plans.  Hopefully, by April 2020.  Hoping to at least see a glimpse of Jo In Sung.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, graciana100 said:

I just got introduced to K drama last year and got to know him.  Now, I'm a die hard fan.  I am hoping that he gets to do more projects that he will enjoy doing and that his followers will eagerly await.  

Welcome to the Kdrama world, @graciana100! I hope you've watched his past dramas and movies. Maybe I'll rewatch them while waiting for his upcoming projects. Hopefully he'll get to star in a kdrama soon.

Want to know their story again after 17 years?

“Youth Documentary 20, Again” will air on October 1 & 8 at 11:10 p.m. KST.

Jo In Sung, Nam Joo Hyuk, And More Celebrate “The Great Battle” Surpassing 4 Million Moviegoers

Sep 29, 2018

“The Great Battle” has achieved another milestone!

On September 29, the film hit 4 million moviegoers in just 11 days since its premiere on September 19.

This is the fastest box office hit of Korean movies released this year to reach this milestone after “Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days.

The movie was No. 1 at the Korean box office for 10 consecutive days following its premiere, and the number of moviegoers during the second week increased by 30% compared to the first week.

Jo In Sung, Nam Joo Hyuk, And More Celebrate “The Great Battle” Surpassing 4 Million Moviegoers

Following this achievement, the main actors of “The Great Battle” relayed their gratitude. Jo In Sung, Nam Joo Hyuk, Park Sung Woong, Uhm Tae Goo, Park Byung Eun, Oh Dae Hwan, and Jung Eun Chae all took a picture of themselves holding handwritten messages that thanked viewers for the milestone.

“The Great Battle” is a blockbuster film about the 88-day battle for Ansi Fortress between Goguryeo and the invading Tang Dynasty.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1237965wpp/jo-sung-nam-joo-hyuk-celebrate-great-battle-surpassing-4-million-moviegoers

• Like 1