Boyfriend Cussing/cursing At You?

Guest aiyashisuey

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boyfriend cusses when he's annoyed but so do I when I'm annoyed so cannot really elaborate on that one.

But going with the theme that it's not nice of him, do what he did to you -- "You don't love me if you're not willing to understand that I don't like you cussing at me" -- it works both ways.

If he can't understand why you don't want to be cussed at, you can't understand why he cusses.

Guest JOONIE.su

He can cuss but not cuss AT me. If he's angry with me, sure go ahead and swear as much as you like without calling me names. "F***ing hell" is acceptable but "F*** you b****" is not acceptable in my opinion.

So yeah, I wouldn't tolerate someone who curses at me.

Guest ShadowMax76

if the girlfriend cheated on the boyfriend, did something psycho or something of the likes..

i'd say he can swear at her.. then break up..

he's emotional. and it probably would make up for all the hurt he couldn't otherwise express.

but. obviously in this day and age, we have a hypocritical equality system between the sexes..

i dunno if it's just around me, but swearing/cussing happens with or without anger.

it can be taken badly even if it was a joke, or if it wasn't about you - since it's practically airing your laundry on someone who 's in earshot of you swearing..

_ it takes a lot for me to swear..

and wtf is with girls thinking guys can't swear at them..

even if it is a sign of a dangerous and patriarchal man .. i believe girls swear more than guys do_ like, they actually mean it.

guys just swear cuz it's funny, or they're slightly annoyed.

Guest RssgHr_

Using profanity to vent frustration is pretty stupid in itself. But using profanity towards your girlfriend and then putting the guilt trip on her by saying that it's just the way you are is just even more fail.

Guest marasshi

if the girlfriend cheated on the boyfriend, did something psycho or something of the likes..

i'd say he can swear at her.. then break up..

he's emotional. and it probably would make up for all the hurt he couldn't otherwise express.

but. obviously in this day and age, we have a hypocritical equality system between the sexes..

i dunno if it's just around me, but swearing/cussing happens with or without anger.

it can be taken badly even if it was a joke, or if it wasn't about you - since it's practically airing your laundry on someone who 's in earshot of you swearing..

_ it takes a lot for me to swear..

and wtf is with girls thinking guys can't swear at them..

even if it is a sign of a dangerous and patriarchal man .. i believe girls swear more than guys do_ like, they actually mean it.

guys just swear cuz it's funny, or they're slightly annoyed.

But her boyfriend is cussing at her every time he's frustrated at her. As a girl, I wouldn't mind if a guy/my boyfriend cussed around me out of frustration or even fun or whatever, but I would mind if he cussed at me. Besides, other girls in this thread have said that they cussed at their boyfriends before but their boyfriends talked to them about it and they stopped. If some idiot is cussing at me and tries to explain that it's his nature, I'd tell him to john tesh off.

Guest prisonerzero

It depends if the swear words are directly to me, and not just at me. If he's yelling about something else, then I wouldn't mind. But if it's to me directly, there'll be some problems.

Guest x kisekiboshi

It is extremely rude and disrespectful for him to curse at you. Tell him to cut the crap and get his act together or dump his sorry butt. Nobody deserves to be disrespected like that.

For all you fellas and ladies out there, what do you think about the boyfriend cussing at his girlfriend when hes angry? Is it acceptable? What would you guys do?

My current boyfriend always cusses at me when he gets extremely frustrated with me. I usually try not to cuss back and have done a good job restraining myself. I told him it was really disrespectful, but he says hes not being disrespectful and that hes just being himself. He says that I don't love him if I don't understand that the fact he cusses while hes frustrated is inherent in his nature. However, I find it extremely disrespectful and I told him numerous times that I didn't want to be treated that way.But he insists otherwise.

Any advice?

Well, I'm gonna be honest with you and say that cussing can become a natural response to frustration or anger when you've been using curse words to express yourself for a long time. This is an extremely hard habit to break because, in my experience, at least, cursing when you're angry allows you to vent more anger than just talking would. And would you rather him start doing something else, like, say, for instance... punching a wall? :/

I understand where you're coming from though. I know people who don't think cursing is very pleasant, and I know people that can't stand to hear it, especially when it happens to be directed at them. So I don't blame you. And if you've really sat down and talked with your boyfriend about this and he's refused to acknowledge the fact that this upsets you, then you guys should really sit down and have a serious discussion about mutual respect in your relationship.

But I also see it from his point of view because I'm also the kind of person who uses curse words in order to work out some of my frustrations. Cussing honestly comes second nature to me, and I'll tell you right here and now that even if he did put forth the effort to lessen how much he curses at you, it wouldn't do much good because it comes naturally. And you, as his girlfriend, should try to understand that. I'm not saying you should just lie back and take it without saying anything, but see it from his point of view, too, and try to understand what, you know, makes him tick - why he curses, or something like that. Maybe then you would be able to push it aside and not let it affect you so much.

BUT... I'm only saying that if he's cussing ABOUT something and not directing it at you in particular. If he's directing it to you specifically, you need to set him straight real fast before he starts getting fresh. Seriously. The whole "If you love me, you'd understand" thing? If he's cussing at you, that doesn't even apply. Counter with, "If you love ME, you'd respect me enough not to cuss at me like I'm some common [fillintheblanklol]." Or something like that.

But that's just what I'd do. I don't tolerate disrespect for crap and I make sure my girlfriend knows she better not try getting fresh with me. I let them know when they're crossing the line, but I'm a pretty abrasive person by nature and you don't seem like that to me, so that probably won't work that well with you. :/

Edit: Damn censors.

Archived