2008 Sm Audition Experiences

Guest NotFromThisPlanet

Guest ~sexxy mii~

^

^

Thanks girls! I'll try my best!!!

I'm pretty confident about my looks and singing and dancing abilities.

I think i'll try SM first and then go for YG, Maybe JYP too...

Wish me luck~! :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the story.

It helps alot! :)

I haven't gotten far with SM yet...but I auditioned for AI yesterday.

I would love to read more stories about auditioners experiences with SM Entertainment USA in California.

Also, has anyone here tried to call SM Entertainment USA?

If so, What is their phone number?

I went to their official site and I didn't see a number.

Guest jenny620

@F_S

to make sure cause it is imppossbile for me to be at one of the audition cause I live in montreal, canada and I dont speak korean but I just want to know are there e-mail applications, yes there do but will they read them all? and if I dont speak korea cause I am chinese, but I sing well and I have the look, will this help me. cause just want to know F_S do you speak korean? I just turn 14 and if I auditioned by e-mail at this age will I be too old?

@F_S

to make sure cause it is imppossbile for me to be at one of the audition cause I live in montreal, canada and I dont speak korean but I just want to know are there e-mail applications, yes there do but will they read them all? and if I dont speak korea cause I am chinese, but I sing well and I have the look, will this help me. cause just want to know F_S do you speak korean? I just turn 14 and if I auditioned by e-mail at this age will I be too old?

i hope u don't mind me answering ur questions ;D

there's actually SM auditions in toronto, in canada, so if you can make it there, it's great!

if you can't, email auditions are just fine.

and yea, the SM people read all the emails. i heard lee soo man scans through EVERY single video himself to make sure he didn't miss anybody. who knows if you might be the next big thing? that's why he considers everybody cuz he doesn't know if you might be the next Boa :)

um... if you can sing and are good looking, it's fine. LOL that's practically all the judges are looking for ^^ don't worry, zhang li yin and han geng are chinese and are in SM.

14 is the perfect age to audition. go for it! :)

good luck :)

Guest jenny620

@AnthonyKkoKko

thank you for your information, cause if I made it do I need to train in south korea? DO you know how long will they replay your e-mail after you send an audition? and if I dont speak korean do I need to add a song in korean?

Guest pokingpineapples

@AnthonyKkoKko

thank you for your information, cause if I made it do I need to train in south korea? DO you know how long will they replay your e-mail after you send an audition? and if I dont speak korean do I need to add a song in korean?

hi, i'm not AnthonyKkoKko but i do have the answers to your questions. pardon my butt-in. :lol:

if you get accepted then you'll most definitely have to train in korea.

i have no idea how long it could take for them to reply because some people have gotten replies the day of their audition, some people have waited a month, and han geng, a chinese member of SM, received his reply after 6 months. if you're gonig to email it then you'll get an email saying that thei RECEIVED your email, but have not yet passed judgement on it. there are also multiple rounds and after each round if they like you then they'll call you back.

you don't need to sing in korean if you don't want to, just sing a song that shows off your voice. if you get accepted they will teach you korean.

Guest jenny620

hi, i'm not AnthonyKkoKko but i do have the answers to your questions. pardon my butt-in. :lol:

if you get accepted then you'll most definitely have to train in korea.

i have no idea how long it could take for them to reply because some people have gotten replies the day of their audition, some people have waited a month, and han geng, a chinese member of SM, received his reply after 6 months. if you're gonig to email it then you'll get an email saying that thei RECEIVED your email, but have not yet passed judgement on it. there are also multiple rounds and after each round if they like you then they'll call you back.

you don't need to sing in korean if you don't want to, just sing a song that shows off your voice. if you get accepted they will teach you korean.

WELL THANK S omg thats great if I become a trainer but I have to move to korea???? maybe I can move to the states cause they have trainers there too...do you think its possible and are you saying that if I audition by e-mail, they will send me right ahead that they receive but maybe takes months before telling if I past or not or it take a long time before they said that they receive my e-mail and will check it?

Guest pokingpineapples

WELL THANK S omg thats great if I become a trainer but I have to move to korea???? maybe I can move to the states cause they have trainers there too...do you think its possible and are you saying that if I audition by e-mail, they will send me right ahead that they receive but maybe takes months before telling if I past or not or it take a long time before they said that they receive my e-mail and will check it?

i don't think they have a training center in america....i think their only one is in korea. personally i think it's a lot harder to get in thru email and they don't usually reply with an accept/reject but that may just be because they get so many. if they do like you tho they'll probably notify you by email and they'll want to set up a live audition. i have no idea where that would be or what would happene there. they might also ask you to go to the global auditions to have a proper audition as well. i've never tried emailing but other ppl have told me and those seem like the two main ways they'll respond.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dumang31

mmm i don't know if this is possible but is it alright to audition for two talents but not at the same time? because i am stronger at singing but i can also dance to choreography. but not freestyle. it's like i can dance if i've already been taught the routine (i've had hip hop lessons before so). and the singing part, i want to do a soft but strong song and i don't think the dancing would match(singing and dancing at the same time won't work). so i want to do them separately but it's one after the other. does that make sense? can you even do that at an audition?o.O

Guest angel_cutie

hahah, just wondering but is there any VANCOUVER BC auditioners here?

meeeee~~

and i talk to you too! XDD

Guest duuckkiee

Hello! I'm a silent reader/lurker, and this is my first time posting, I have a couple questions about the auditions. Two of my friends and I are going to audition sometime this summer at the LA Weekly Auditions, and we're wondering:

1. If we sing in Korean/Chinese/Japanese/etc. will it be better for us?

2. We want to sing in a group, but I think it's more better if it's individual singing, which is better?

3. Will there be a less people since it's a weekly audition now?

4. How long do we sing? From what I've been reading, it's 30 seconds right?

5. What happens after you pass the audition? Will you go to S. Korea like, right away or something?

Sorry for the onslaught of questions, but I just want to make sure we'll be doing okay in the auditions. Please and thank you! ^^

Guest pokingpineapples

Hello! I'm a silent reader/lurker, and this is my first time posting, I have a couple questions about the auditions. Two of my friends and I are going to audition sometime this summer at the LA Weekly Auditions, and we're wondering:

1. If we sing in Korean/Chinese/Japanese/etc. will it be better for us?

2. We want to sing in a group, but I think it's more better if it's individual singing, which is better?

3. Will there be a less people since it's a weekly audition now?

4. How long do we sing? From what I've been reading, it's 30 seconds right?

5. What happens after you pass the audition? Will you go to S. Korea like, right away or something?

Sorry for the onslaught of questions, but I just want to make sure we'll be doing okay in the auditions. Please and thank you! ^^

1. it doesn't really matter what language you sing in as long as you sing to the best of your ability. you could sing in pig latin for all they care as long as you sound fabulous. worry less about the language and more on perfecting the sound. whatever you do, do NOT sing an SM song, they won't like you for that.

2. SM usually prefers solo auditions, altho people have auditioned in groups before. if you sing as a group SM wil evaluate your GROUP and not the individuals in it (unless you sound fantastic and your group members sound terrible).

3. i believe there are less people at the weekly auditions. i'm not sure how many exactly, but a lot less than the 300+ that shows up for the global auditions.

4. i think there's enough time for you to sing a whole song, maybe even 3 or 4 if the judges are interested. you and your group maybe be able to do a group audition and a solo audition. the only reason why the global auditions have a limit of 30 sec is because there are 300+ people auditioning all on the same day.

5. there are multiple rounds. if you pass round one of the auditions they'll call and notify you that you've passed and set up a time/place for a followup performance. if you do well that round then they'll call and either notify you that passed and you can sign a contract, OR that you passed and there's another audition, OR sorry, they can't take you (rinse and repeat until you get a contract or rejected). if you do get offered a contract then there will probably be negotiations, then the actual signing, and then they have to get you over to s korea so that may take a few months.

hope this helped. good luck to you and your friends!

Guest soko_6657

you know how they film your auditions...and then post it on their website????

like the LA Saturday ones?... (if you dont know go check it out on their site smtown.com)

do you have a choice???i mean i dun wanna be embarassed later on....hhhhwuahaha:)

Guest duuckkiee

1. it doesn't really matter what language you sing in as long as you sing to the best of your ability. you could sing in pig latin for all they care as long as you sound fabulous. worry less about the language and more on perfecting the sound. whatever you do, do NOT sing an SM song, they won't like you for that.

2. SM usually prefers solo auditions, altho people have auditioned in groups before. if you sing as a group SM wil evaluate your GROUP and not the individuals in it (unless you sound fantastic and your group members sound terrible).

3. i believe there are less people at the weekly auditions. i'm not sure how many exactly, but a lot less than the 300+ that shows up for the global auditions.

4. i think there's enough time for you to sing a whole song, maybe even 3 or 4 if the judges are interested. you and your group maybe be able to do a group audition and a solo audition. the only reason why the global auditions have a limit of 30 sec is because there are 300+ people auditioning all on the same day.

5. there are multiple rounds. if you pass round one of the auditions they'll call and notify you that you've passed and set up a time/place for a followup performance. if you do well that round then they'll call and either notify you that passed and you can sign a contract, OR that you passed and there's another audition, OR sorry, they can't take you (rinse and repeat until you get a contract or rejected). if you do get offered a contract then there will probably be negotiations, then the actual signing, and then they have to get you over to s korea so that may take a few months.

hope this helped. good luck to you and your friends!

Thank you very much for answering our questions! And thanks, we'll try hard :D I just hope my two friends and I actually follow through with the auditions, since two of us are very shy :P But thank you anyways! ^^

Guest Chrisdebut

Can someone help me with the procedures that will take place IF i manage to pass the first audition of..say in Malaysia Global Audition ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest twinkletoast

you know how they film your auditions...and then post it on their website????

like the LA Saturday ones?... (if you dont know go check it out on their site smtown.com)

do you have a choice???i mean i dun wanna be embarassed later on....hhhhwuahaha:)

What do you exactly mean by having a choice? Do you mean, having a choice in whether or not you allow your audition to be presented online? Well for every audition, if it's the Global USA ones, or the Global Korean, or the weekly LA, or the weekly Korean or whatever, they always film you with a videocam. They should be giving every participant a paper to fill out, which are basically just general facts about yourself. They also have a part that should say something like "You will be filmed. If you sign here, you will allow SM Town to post this as on/offline content, blablabla." But you should sign it anyway. Why?

Well if you sign it, if they like your stuff, they will post it online for the public to see. In some ways, I guess it's to promote their auditions and whatnot. The thing is, the more exposure you have, the greater chance of you becoming what you auditioned for in the first place, and not just in SM Town. But on the other hand, just because they post you online, that does not mean that you are in. But it's great to show it to other entertainment labels and say - "Hey! I was eligible enough to get on here."

If your audition is, to say the least HORRIBLE, even if you sign it, they won't even think about putting up your embarrassing video, so there's nothing to worry about. Stop worrying about these small things. If you really want to become famous, you shouldn't be embarrassed about a little audition. You have to be confident. Hope this was what you were talking about!

Archived