2008 Sm Audition Experiences

Guest NotFromThisPlanet

Guest candycorn

i don't get it, i see so many people that said they had to do the rhythm test to rihanna or flo rida, but then why does sm ent. ask the dancers to bring a CD?

do you only dance to the CD if you're marked as a dancer?

so you only freestyle if you're marked as a singer?

confused...

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frisbee

i don't get it, i see so many people that said they had to do the rhythm test to rihanna or flo rida, but then why does sm ent. ask the dancers to bring a CD?

do you only dance to the CD if you're marked as a dancer?

so you only freestyle if you're marked as a singer?

confused...

From what I hear, the dancers do get to bring a CD to dance to. However, the singers dance freestyle. But it's not that the sngers HAVE to dance; If they decide to dance along, it will be freestyle. Also a rhythm test is done in many types of dance auditions. Judges like to see that they can dance freestyle without a preset choreo, so undoubtedly dancers will be asked to dance to a rhythm test song.

Guest candycorn

thank you so much frisbee!

so clarifying...

singers: sing and then freestyle

dancers: dance and then freestyle

i put singer/dancer on my application -_-...

maybe i should just prepare both a choreography and a freestyle -_-...

i should've just put singer! gr!

Guest Frisbee

thank you so much frisbee!

so clarifying...

singers: sing and then freestyle

dancers: dance and then freestyle

i put singer/dancer on my application -_-...

maybe i should just prepare both a choreography and a freestyle -_-...

i should've just put singer! gr!

Well, I think the best way to prepare for the freestyle is to turn on several different songs with completely different beats. So the rhythm is different each time, and freestyle to them. You could watch some choreo vids and pick up on some moves, but best way to practice is to try it. And definitely perfect a choreo for your main dance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fha-ngam

My friend recently went to audition at SM weekly auditions last week.

She said they said they wanted her to come back an train for a month?

And if she's better she can be a trainee?

Do they even have time for these things?

Is she speaking bs?

Guest Munchkins

My friend recently went to audition at SM weekly auditions last week.

She said they said they wanted her to come back an train for a month?

And if she's better she can be a trainee?

Do they even have time for these things?

Is she speaking bs?

Well, not that I'm a pro when it comes to SM, but I would say that what your friend said is certinly not true. SM doesn't like to take chances. Why would they waste their effort to train someone for a month to see if they get better THEN decide whether they're fit to be a trainee? It's either you're a trainee or you aren't. Also you would have to sign a contract with SM for them to train you, even if it's for a month. Training costs a lot of money. If they wanted to see if your friend could improve within a month, they would have just told her to practice for a month and then come back and audition. If you're talking about the weekly auditions in LA, then that's even more unlikely. The person there doesn't have the right to tell someone that kind of thing. It also takes them around 2-3 weeks to send the audition tapes to Korea. So unless that friend of yours has any kind of legitiment proof, i'd assume it was all made up.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest keikeikhang

Well, not that I'm a pro when it comes to SM, but I would say that what your friend said is certinly not true. SM doesn't like to take chances. Why would they waste their effort to train someone for a month to see if they get better THEN decide whether they're fit to be a trainee? It's either you're a trainee or you aren't. Also you would have to sign a contract with SM for them to train you, even if it's for a month. Training costs a lot of money. If they wanted to see if your friend could improve within a month, they would have just told her to practice for a month and then come back and audition. If you're talking about the weekly auditions in LA, then that's even more unlikely. The person there doesn't have the right to tell someone that kind of thing. It also takes them around 2-3 weeks to send the audition tapes to Korea. So unless that friend of yours has any kind of legitiment proof, i'd assume it was all made up.

I second this. They wouldn't wait for someone to get better. They would just forget about that person and find someone thats already talented so they could train her immediately. It's SM. the biggest entertainment company in Korea. Theyw ouldnt sit and wait for talent. They either take someone in or reject them. Thats just it.

• 3 months later...
Guest miss_midori

I sent in a e-mail audition, I think i did pretty well, but Im wondering what would happen after that? will they call u? e-mail you back? for a live audition? because i live in MN and the auditions are in cali.... so i dunno whats gonna go down if any of you guys have any information please let me know ='(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ellush

Hi!

Im planning to audition this year. How? Idk, maybe email or I just take à plane to the US...

What should I do? If I put on à little mascara I look asian. The thing is that I am latin-european. And sure, My eyes are big and asiatic but My skin isnt so clear. Its like honey-coloured. I’ve heard sm only wants beautiful people (palewhite skin, black big eyes and thin). I know 4 languages : french, swedish, spanish, english. Im learning japanese and korean. I’ve performed since I was 6 years old. I play the piano,flute,sing,dance.

Do I have à chance in the auditions? How do I make My emailaudition?

Which songs do they play in the rythm tests? You know, so that I can practise…

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Yannick

Hey guys just to share a lil of my experience TODAY yeh i ve actually just left everysing and i was so so fun keke

so i was shopping around everysing and then i decided to audition to see how it look like to be infront of the judges

i entered and there was that gal who told me to wait in the room downstiar

then a mister gave me a sheet to fill in. He speaks really gud english cuz i said that i dont speakkorean

then i wait for about 15' and next we go to the audition room, there were only two gals as the judge

one complete paper the other fix camera

there were 9 guys including me and 1 gal

so we sing one by one

i chose this love by maroon 5 i was the only one singing in english

then they play aremix of song

it sounds very much like club musi so i jump ahead and dance like i was in a club lool

i was really really fun. U guys should try it if u have a chance

• 2 weeks later...
Guest suju13love

Hey guys just to share a lil of my experience TODAY yeh i ve actually just left everysing and i was so so fun keke

so i was shopping around everysing and then i decided to audition to see how it look like to be infront of the judges

i entered and there was that gal who told me to wait in the room downstiar

then a mister gave me a sheet to fill in. He speaks really gud english cuz i said that i dont speakkorean

then i wait for about 15' and next we go to the audition room, there were only two gals as the judge

one complete paper the other fix camera

there were 9 guys including me and 1 gal

so we sing one by one

i chose this love by maroon 5 i was the only one singing in english

then they play aremix of song

it sounds very much like club musi so i jump ahead and dance like i was in a club lool

i was really really fun. U guys should try it if u have a chance

where was the audition??? ive been checking the sm website and they still havent changed it yet!!!

and does anyone noe if there will be one in toronto and when is it??

THANK U (:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest halwaysim

where was the audition??? ive been checking the sm website and they still havent changed it yet!!!

and does anyone noe if there will be one in toronto and when is it??

THANK U (:

I believe she said everysing. That's their main building in Korea. In terms of an audition in Toronto, the global auditions for 2010 was in February and it was held in Korea (for much for "GLOBAL"). So while I don't know when SM will go back to going overseas with their auditions, they definitely won't be leaving Korea this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

QUOTE (Crazyasian3119 @ Sep 28 2008, 09:43 PM) are you korean? japanese? chinese?... that's probably why. i don't think i'm what they're loooking for so i was "rejected" immediately. and my song choice was horrible.

what'd you sing?

(maybe i'm just being paranoid. i was looking at the camera and not her... maybe she was listening... but i just didn't appeal to her liking or something)

oh I'm not korean or japanese, but I'm Chinese, Viet, and Cambodian.lol.

I sang Replay Lisa's vers.

I was sooo nervous tho, while staring in the camera.

was it hecka nerve wracking?lol.

OMG OMG! You're Chinese and Cambodian? Same here :P I'm gonna audition for dance next year got any tips? .___.

Do I fill out most of the requirements ? 

- I'm Chinese/Cambodian.

- I can speak fluent Chinese / English (duh) and basic Japanese.

- Height 171 cm (since I last measured myself).

- Age 13 

- Can dance (self taught popper).

- Weigh about 67-69 kg (I don't look fat though)

- No pimples / facial problems (zits, scars, etc.)

Do I fill out most of the requirements? I know I need to loose some weight :P But can someone tell me what else I should do? And do I even have a chance :P

Archived