Oneshot Manga

13infamyss

Sure, 13infamyss, you can totally borrow my second post whenever you need it! Just message me whenever you do.

Have you ever read Forbidden Dance? It's also by Hinako Ashihara. But it's 4 volumes long and not a oneshot. It's about a girl who does ballet.

I've recently read the second story after Hikitateyaku no Koi:

Isshun no Tsuki

Mizuho is in love with Shugo-sempai, and even manages to kiss him secretly under the cover of darkness. Only one problem. Shugo is the boyfriend of Mizuho's older sister!

Download: http://depositfiles.com/en/files/dtujgtbgr

I didn't really like it because of the story's love situation. I just found it kinda bad...The girl kept calling herself selfish and I totally agree that she was! Maybe it was because of the death that happened in the story that I thought things were so sad. Not my favorite oneshot, but it's by the same lady who did Hikitateyaku no Koi (which I really liked) sooo I dunno if you guys wanna give it a try!

Also read:

Wish To Lie Beside You

By the author of Eternal Heart and A Night With A Moon

This story is about a girl who sits next to a boy on the train ride to her university entrance exam. She notices that he is also taking the entrance exam at the same school she is and that his number is #400. He has a cold and she catches it and because of it, doesn't do as well as she was expecting to do on her exams. She curses # 400 and blames him for doing bad on her exam! She gets into her second choice university and moves into a new apartment, only to discover her new neighbor is #400!

Tonari no Danshi

Super cute story about two childhood friends who are always competing with each other. They make a bet on which of them can get a date for Christmas Eve first! XP

Say I'm Cute

A collection of 4 romance one shots. The art is very nice and the feelings are very raw (realistic?) so I enjoyed them.

Story 1- Pink Colored Love: About a girl who starts dating a her classmate but becomes unconfident about their relationship when he doesn't show up for a date

Story 2- Say I'm Cute: About a girl whose boyfriend dumps her for a cuter girl and since then can't let anyone see her without tons of makeup on

Story 3- Enough to Feel the Heat: About a girl who is going out with a guy who used to have another girlfriend before her but is looking forward to being the first girl he's ever gone to see fireworks with.

Story 4- A Winter Sun: About a guy who lost his first baseball game in his last year of high school and gave up on his dream of being a high school baseball team coach and about the girl who was counting on him to realize his dream.

Well~

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!! :D

PS- Have any of you noticed that mangatraders.com has a whole section with oneshots and it's 52 pages loong?! @___@ lol Too bad they don't have little summaries available... I would have to look it up before downloading...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest alicee

I love this thread, lol :D

I've been reading one-shots all week and I just finished reading "Forever Honey" by Kanno Aya.

It's not a romantic high school love story, but one about the relationship between a father and his daughter.

It was bittersweet and the art is amazing.

I read it three times in a row and I'm still crying :tears:

My Winter Vacation ended yesterday! T_____T Going back to school was so hard today~~~but I lived and I'll get used to it once more. Hopefully, I'll do my hw on time and avoid the internet!

So I just wanted to post the oneshots I read the past few days because maybe I won't read anymore for a while (till next weekend lol)

A Silent Greeting

Six page manhwa, all color, about a ancient greek woman who waits for her husband to return from the war.

Asa mo, Hiru mo, Yoru mo (Morning, Noon, and Night)

A two volume story (although it also contains some side stories) about a girl who was abused badly by a guy in her last year of middle school. When she got to high school, one of her classmates looks exactly like the man who abused her and she can't stand being near him!! What happens when he tells her he's in love with her?!

Comments: I really liked this story a lot. Except for the extremeness of the rape, which they only mention but don't show and is probably necessary for the story to make sense, it was really nice. You see the story from both the guy and the girl's pov. The story is slowly (but not too slowly) developed and the emotions are raw. =) Also, the girl character is pretty strong and the guy isn't the 'perfect' prince charming so I saw them as pretty realistic characters as far as manga goes.

Saikou no Kiss wo Ageru (Giving the Best Kiss)

A collection of 6 one-shots. Only 4 have been translated so far:

1. Heartbeat Mail- A girl anonymously text messages the guy she likes. Will she get closer to him this way?

2. 7 Kiss- A girl is transferring schools in 7 days. One morning, she goes up to the teacher she's in love with and kisses him! She also takes a picture of the kiss with her cell phone and tells the teacher that if he doesn't give her a kiss everyday for the next 7 days, she'll show the picture to everyone!

3. Love Lover- Shinji and Misaki's parents remarry with each other and so now they are brother and sister. Shinji is two years younger than Misaki. Will any love develop?

4. Love Honey- Continuation of previous story. Shinji, Misaki, and their mom and dad go on a trip!

Comment: I absolutely loved it! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Read it if you can~~ 'Heart Mail' was so funny! It made me want to scream in embarrassment because of what happens to one of the characters! (And it was also extra funny because I've done something similar! XD) I loved Heart Mail! I liked 7 Kiss. I didn't like Love Lover too much and definitely think they shouldn't have made the continuation Love Honey...

Kimi ga Hajimete (You're My First)

Inoue works part time as a voice actress and she likes to keep it a secret from everyone. What happens when the class playboy finds out her secret?!

Comment: Strong girl so it was cool!

Kimi wa Chiisana Kesshou (You're My Small Crystal)

Kaho always puts up an act in front of her friends in order to not offend anyone. She is super polite and chooses her words carefully and never talks about things that may seem uncomfortable or personal. She meets a boy who helps her realize that that isn't what a friend really is.

Comment: Had never seen a guy character like the one in this story. I though he was really attractive! =) Interesting story line and very true. Sometimes you can be friends with someone for years and not really know them. (scary)

Hidarite no Love Letter

The person I like sits next to me. I don't have the courage to start a conversation with him, but I wonder if he'll notice the message I secretly wrote for him on my left hand.

Comment: LOVE LOVE LOVED IT! It was super cute. =)

And that's it!

I want to try "Forever Honey" by Kanno Aya....maybe I do before I start my hw! XD lol

Guest alicee

^Ah! Go read Forever Honey! It's so good!

Also, it was really hard for me at school today too; I was so tired :[

I've also read sooooo many oneshots this past weekend! lol

I delete them all after I read them unless I really like them so I can't remember which ones I read.

I'm on page 40 of mangatraders though D: lmao.

I read at least 2-3 oneshots from each page x_x

Gonna go procrastinate some more and read oneshots!

^ LMAO!

You and me are similar! I still procrastinated yesterday! XD

I'm gonna go on mangatraders more often. It has an AWESOME oneshot collection!

I can't remember the oneshots I've read either but I have a list on excel of all the mangas I read so I remember.

On news:

All 18 volumes of Salad Days have been translated and can be found on The Evil Empire! All the volumes of Salad Days are made of different one shots.

Isshun no Tsuki

Wish To Lie Beside You

Tonari no Danshi

[1] I've read Isshun no Tsuki before. And like you, I didnt like it too as much as I adore the mangaka. But its still good to read her works. Her graphics are always awesome.

[2] LOL. I thought Wish To Lie Beside You was funny. like "OHHHH! #400!"

[3]one of the cutest ever. lol. sato-chans! cute couple.

It was adooooorable. I love it. I kept giggling when they started writing to their arms as a mean of communication. and gosh, the last image was <3!

Saikou no Kiss wo Ageru (Giving the Best Kiss)

Comment: I absolutely loved it! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Read it if you can~~ 'Heart Mail' was so funny! It made me want to scream in embarrassment because of what happens to one of the characters! (And it was also extra funny because I've done something similar! XD)

AWWWWW!!! the compilation is SOOO CUUUTE. i love love love Heart Mail too. like oh my god, i always read mangas on my bed and when her phone rang in the class, i rolled on my bed and squeeeealed. i was likeee "KYAAAH!" I was embarassed too for her. HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! i get too much carried away from reading mangas.. geee.~

havent read all and will definitely find time over the weekend to go over the stuff you guys recommended. Thank you!

I havent seen this one suggested yet:

Honey Flavored Blood (CLICK!)

Oh yes, its one of those vampire stories again. But what I like about this story is.... it started with the a vampire and a human girl already dating. So i guess it's pretty unique since it skipped the whole "how-the-vampire-fell-in-love-with-a-human-and-girl-fell-in-love-with-vampire" kind of like story. I thought it was pretty cute.....

Guest nuwera

There are more recommendations :D

The one-shots are piling up right now :P

I'm reading "Mitsu Aji Buraddo" now :)

Seems like a good manga.

--angel

Even though this week I wasn't supposed to read manga...*cough* I squeezed in a couple...

I just read Forever Honey. When I read "I wish I could have met her" the world crumbled around me for a moment. Wow. What a shocker. I loved it.

Also read Mitsu Aji Buraddo and it was okay. I didn't find the story line too original but it was okay. Did he let the girl's classmates see him drinking her blood?!

Throughout this week I've read:

God's in His Heaven

A very short (about 10 page) oneshot about a girl and her sister who are being taken cared for by an uncle who is in the hospital because their parents died. Slightly sad.

Holiday

A story about an unfashionable girl who gets a makeover because her childhood friend treats her like a child.

Shuukatsu!! - Kimi ni Naitei

A two volume story...not exactly a oneshot? But it's totally worth reading. It's about a young woman who is in her last year of college and is job hunting...unsuccessfully. On her 50th job interview, she meets a guy who also interviewing but was super confident and great during his interview. After bumping into him again later on the train she wonders if she will ever see him again because even though he slightly annoyed her, she couldn't help be mesmerized by him.

Notes: I loooved it! LOOVED IT! Because it doesn't only focus on the romance and I think it's a pretty original story line. =) But sorry if two volumes is not considered a one shot... :P

Taiyou wa Kimi ni Kagaya ku

Chinatsu was so amazed after watching a baseball match on TV, that she decided to enter to Tsubakawa High, hoping to be near the baseball team she admired so much.

Notes: When I started reading it, I thought it was a series, not a one shot, so the ending caught me by surprise. But the ending was very suitable. I loved the girl's character. =) Nice original love confession.

And that's all~~hmm...might check out the front page for stuff I haven't read! YAY for the first post! :D

Lmao 13infamyss! I laughed when I read your description of Heart Mail. I also read manga laying on the bed! But I squealed into the bed and grabbed a pillow!! XD

^really it had a sequel? i checked the mangaupdates and yea, it gave me this link: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2461.

awwww i want to read it. it didnt even have a description :( from the looks of it, it seemed like the story focuses on haruka... :unsure:

Holiday

Shuukatsu!! - Kimi ni Naitei

Taiyou wa Kimi ni Kagaya ku

Thanks for the oneshots. I havent been reading that much this past few weeks -__- Ive been busy spazzzing about korea's Hana Yori Dango. LOL. but anyways... i've read some and will still continue to read more.

[1] i always like stories about childhood friend ended up liking each other. i thought it was sweet.

[2] aww this one is good. i liked it. i like about this guy gradually becomes consious of her, meaning he's starting to like her. its adorable.. and the thing about her job interview. cool cool.

[3] at first i didnt get it. like after reading the first chapter, i thought she went to that school because she liked this guy she saw on tv. and i thought that the guy she met was actually that guy.... then i realized that the guy's name is different from the guy she saw on tv.. and now it got me confused :lol:

but yea, its a good story. cute art too.

Also read Mitsu Aji Buraddo and it was okay. I didn't find the story line too original but it was okay. Did he let the girl's classmates see him drinking her blood?!

no i dont think so, i think he was about to sip her blood then he saw her classmates and maybe he gave them a smirk to give them wild and crazy ideas of what they're doing. then out of embarassment, her classmates left.

• 2 weeks later...

I had bookmarked Suki Kirai Suki after I saw it on the first post but I hadn't read it...till today! *dies*

I LOVE IT SOO MUCH!!!! It was soo awesome! OMG!!! I was going crazy the whole time. I love both the girl and boy characters. =)

I read Honey Moon, Chapter 4. I dunno who suggested it to me, but it was super sad. Honey Moon is 4 short stories, but the fourth one is about a class of senior, 3 months away from graduation putting together a video about their memories for the graduation ceremony. It's a high school romance.

Ageha

Also previously recommend in this thread. I really enjoyed it. I didn't hate the main girl too much and the guy who helps her out was awesome. I especially loved the ending with the text message and his reaction. lol

Hanbun wa Ai de Dekitemasu

Himari Wataya is maybe dating her senpai, Atari Hoshikawa. Hoshikawa is the top student of their school but he’s also well-known among the students as the the Super S (Sadist) “Prince of Disdain”. What is she supposed to do when he teases her mercilessly and he’s always angry with her? When she’s pushed to the edge, Himari finds out that she might not be as submissive of an M (Masochist) as everyone assumes!

Weird story, but the guy is HOT! :D But yeah, not that awesome story....

Kaeru no Saiban

Fairy tale like oneshot. About a frog who wants to be human and fall in love. Twist at the end. =)

Talking Arrogantly

Manhwa oneshot that I did not understand too well. It's supernatural. About a gangster dude who notices he's being followed some creepy guy.

Wisteria Colored Sky Apartment

A short josei romance one shot (like 23 pages) about some neighbors in an apartment building.

Adidas Fever

Think you can't be sad after reading a 17 page oneshot? Well, this one can do it. It's really awesome, beautiful art.

All of them can be found on mangafox.com

Hanbun wa Ai de Dekitemasu

Kaeru no Saiban

Talking Arrogantly

Wisteria Colored Sky Apartment

Once again, thank you for the one shots recommendation. I really had fun reading them. I havent been reading mangas lately since several stuff keep me busy.....

[1] HAHAHHA! it is indeed a weird story. the M and the S LOOOOL. but it was cute. my favourite part was when the guy asks the girl to put her arms around his neck and kiss him. LOL. i thought he really likes her :)

[2] LOL. the ending has some twist!! i wasn't expecting that. this made me remember shrek. the frog king... and this time its the frog princess. tee-hee.

cute art btw.

[3] auuuugh. i dont like this story much. -_- not only the character was developed really bad, i found the supernatural thing very unnecessary. the use of uncalled langauge was too much. i have never understood a thing from it.

[4] kekekekeke~ cute story about neighbours ending cohabiting together. ^_^

I'm pretty sure this has not been shared yet.

Aishikata mo Wakarazuni (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=4470)

I am a fan of this mangaka's works. she's the one who did Boku wa Imouto ni Koiwosuru, Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu, etc.

the story is all about MISUNDERSTANDINGS.... regrets are all you have left once the relationship has been misunderstood/misinterpreted. -_-.

+++

I'm still on the process updating first page. LOL.

I added few of the recent recommended one-shots to my wish list.

I'll read them when I'm free and will leave a comment later on :)

--angel

Oh man, this thread has gotten me so addicted to one shots! It's going to be the death of me xD. I'll try to recommend some that haven't been mentioned :3

Ni no Hime no Monogatari

A collection of three one shots.

Ni no Hime no Monogatari: A boy begrudgingly becomes the aide to the "turnip" princess of the three princesses that are possible heirs to the throne. The art is really wonderful to look at and it fits the story very well. I love the saying the story follows too.

The Racing Queen: A girl who wants to become the queen of racing queens. When she finally receives that title, it isn't quite what she expected.

Chijou 20m de Aimashou: It's time to go home, but the roof's door is locked! What will the three students do?

I really liked the first one. The other two one shots weren't nearly as good in my opinion.

Daydream World

A girl works at an amusement park, and the guy she likes starts working there too! But, he already has a girlfriend. Perhaps it's time for her to wake up from her daydreams.

This story is soo cute! I went absolutely crazy when Kubo said she was Nakamura's girlfriend in front of his ex-girlfriend! I felt soo embarrassed for her! xD

The Kings Pawnshop

Amy is really bad at judging people. The last guy she went out with took her money for someone else's abortion! In hopes of becoming better at judging people, she starts working at a pawnshop.

It's pretty funny and the main guy is super hot<3

Ahh, I'm getting lazy so the summaries are either going to be really short or stolen lol.

24 Colors

Nanaka loves to paint. So when she enters high school, she gets excited at the prospect of joining the arts club. However, there's only two members-- the mysterious Chihaya and the energetic Kento. They're both good-looking guys, and Chihaya shares Nanaka's love for painting! Alongside the two gorgeous guys (and Nanaka's best friend)...what will happen?

Caramel Milk Tea

Collection of cute one shots.

Sakura Rhythm

Satsuki, to whom he said some incredibly disrespectful words to, had the worst reunion with him in the high school entrance ceremony! He was the little master of a famous construction company...? A love story of the season of sakura, where things become precious and love forms!

Sweet II

A collection of short stories. They're pretty cute.

Kanojo ga Cafe ni Kayou Wake

Collection of love stories about waiters at a cafe.

X2

Collection of high school love stories.

Paradise Cafe

Nakazawa works at a cafe with hot waiters, and she's going out with the most popular one! Yet, they haven't been making any progress. Are they really in love?

7th Period is a Secret

Collection of stories. I liked the last two more that the first one.

Suki ni Naru Made Matte

Compilation of cute short stories.

Zettai Oshienai

There's this myth that if you draw your name and the person you love's name under an umbrella in the old principal office, your lives will be bound forever. Is it really true?

Haha, it's such an adorable story~ ^^

Ohh and cutiek028, do you know where I can find Tomoko Taniguchi works? I found a couple of them but I want more! xD<3

To crazyanddelusional:

I got most of Tomoko Taniguichi's works from my public library, but let me see what I can find online for you! =)

Aquarium (my fave)

http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/series/2359/aquarium/

Call Me Princess

http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/series/...ll_me_princess/

Popcorn Romance

http://www.fileul.com/view.php?file=waBglVB

Just A Girl

http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/series/2476/just_a_girl/

Miss Me

http://www.badongo.com//file/5175808

Let's Stay Together Forever

http://www.4shared.com/file/77113200/79953...orever-v01.html

And these are the only ones I've read...I dunno if she has more...but if you want more or need anything else, don't hesitate to ask! =)

• 2 weeks later...

FIRST PAGE UPDATED!!!<3 (but still on the process adding images :P)

whew! thanks to everyone who contributed and shared the oneshots they like :)

i`m still off to read some so im going to comment about the oneshots recently recommend prolly tomorrow.. ahh~ been really busy~

hope everyone still willing to share oneshots they like :)

Archived