Oneshot Manga

13infamyss

Thanks guys for the updates ^_^ I still can't find oneshots that totally interest me sigh. other than the ones you guys were mentioning here....

Calling you

The drawing is quite nice.

the first one is

Calling you.

It is about this girl who cant really mix in class. one day she imagined a handphone in her brain, and hoped that it can call someone and someone would answer the call. Someone did.

Uhhh... Are there like 2 versions of this? I read a different one but the characters are still the same. Only difference is the other one had better artwork. lol. Anyways, all I can say is pretty cool and weird at the same time. Telepathy ^^

Nonchan to Watashi

romance sucker. lol. god, LOVE IT! It really reminded me of the fanfic I've read ages ago. I can't even remember the title now but it's really similar. Starting from that scene where she saw her half naked until that guy notices her liking that sempai. cool cool.

Anyways just for the sake of sharing :P

Nante Bakana Koi Nanda

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=38780

The plot on mangaupdates seemed to be a bit off when you read the oneshot. It's just romance high school story. nothing oh so great about it but it was cute. A girl who can't confess how much she liked him

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest angel_cutie

i only know 1 one-shot manga LOL

i never really knew they existed xDD

wanted-hino _____

(the one that drew vampire knight)

its about this girl who sang to the rich(i think she was in some kind of circus??). during one of her performances, pirates attack the castle. this guy(a prince?)protects her, but he gets kidnapped.

years later, she decides to dress as a boy to work on the ship that attacked the castle years before because she wants to find out what happened to the boy she likes.

but of course, the captain finds out....

i think its shojo~

i've always wanted to read ION but i'm never able to either cause i can't afford it at the moment or i'm getting something else. D: but i know my favorite oneshot is definitely "gaba kawa!"

it's about this girl who's trying to become a full-fledged demon so she can get the one demon she loved to pay attention to her. instead, she falls in love with a human (thinking he was the demon) which is an instant no-no. IT'S SO CUTE THOUGH. i read it all the time but i have to get a new copy since my old roommate stole mine. ._.

but i know my favorite oneshot is definitely "gaba kawa!"

thanks. ahha that was abit funny. I`ve seen better works of rie takada such as H3 school but this wasn't too bad. enjoyed reading it :D

some recommendations ^_^

these are like older scanlations....so uhm you guys might have read these

Munasawagi Karute - http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=5799

Mika wanted to exchanged rings with the guy she likes and so she took up the courage to do so, only in return to get dumped by him. The following day, the friend of the guy she confessed to wanted to exchanged rings with him

Ijiwaru Tenshi - http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2879

same mangaka of Munasawagi Karute, 5 oneshot stories. Nothing too great about it but I enjoyed the 2nd story the most.

It's about a girl who wanted to get the phone number of the guy she liked but when she was able to get it, she didn't have the courage to call him up. haha cute.

Shoujo Guard - http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=50603

This one was abit unpredictable ^_^quite enjoyed it. It's about a girl who swore her life to protect the man who saved her after her father died. She's a very skilled bodyguard.

Room - http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=20926

a manhwa! :D The second story left me squealing at the end. That was just cute. hahah

The story was about a girl who was just bored with her life. lol. She then called up someone to fix up her TV

Sakuran - http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=192

Hmmm... not really a fan of historical manga neither am I a fan of too many bubble texts but the story caught my interest. It's a story a girl who grew up in Red Light District. She was someone who thought she'd live and die doing this kind of job for the rest of her life.... until she fell in love....

Note: This even had a movie. I haven't seen it yet but I prolly will. It was just sad how she fell in love and threw everything away for that love thinking it was reciprocated.... then she saw the reality once she stepped out of the Red Light District. The man didn't love her the way she loved him. He didn't love her enough to accept her as who she is.. Just like those men who slept with her for money, he just wanted her for her body. It's just saaad TT_TT Recommended!

• 4 weeks later...

One-shots are my best way to waste time- I really love CLAMP's Shirahime-Syo, and Yoon Mi-Kyung's (for those who don't know, she's the manhwaga behind Bride of the Water God) The Cat That Loved a Fish. They're different from the usual fluffy shoujo one-shots, and the art is lovely.

Guest tisa-chan

I love one-shots and have a bunch of them on my computer but my favorites are:

Honjitsu mo Muteki

Suki Nan Desu (because the guy cries in the end)

Beautiful Name

This time it was a kiss for sure

Confession club story 1

Suki ni Naru Made Matte story 1

Kakusei Full Moon (this one was a typical shoujo until the guy did something shocking in the end :blush: )

• 5 weeks later...

Haha I totally love one-shots. And yeaah I read them when I don't have anything to do ;p

Darling Only You

Gokujou Twins

Koi no Uta

Anya Kouro

Sweet 16

Hizamazu Ite Ai wo Chikae

A Small World

Suku Nan Desu

Benkyou no Jikan (guy with emo hair, when he cut it he is actualy FREAKING cute)

^ Haha they're all shoujo mangas. Shoujo mangas are kinda like my weakness, LOL.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

OMG!

This collection on oneshots is making me hyperventilate! SOoooo GOOOD!!!!! And I'm only by story 2!

Edit:

I read them all :) My favorite was definitely number 2 for some reason. My least favorite was number 3- I know exactly why I didn't like it. It seemed like he was taking advantage of an emotionally unstable girl. Ick. But the rest was really awesome :)

i84023.jpg

Koi ni Ochita Oujisama (The Prince Who Fell In Love)

"Just thinking about it makes me want to cry. Do you know the kind of love I'm talking about?" Shiho lives next door to a prince. Toshiki-sama is the heir of a Noh music master. They shouldn't have been anything more than childhood friends, but...

Cinderella no Tegami (Cindrella's Letter)

Mamini coopera has always been annoyed by one particular guy, in all her years of going to one school, and it just so happens he's the only person she knows in her new class.

Busu (The Ugly One)

Maki got a little arrogant, thanks to her looks when she was a child, and her confidence takes a downhill ride when Hideo-kun, her crush, calls her ugly due to peer pressure.

Iroha ni Hoheto

Kiyomi goes to her childhood friend; Atsushi, for love advice; whose face she says she's gotten sick of.

Pizzicato

A girl who has no talent, Miki, has a crush on an up and coming violinist who attends her school, and thinks it's a waste of time to tell him her feelings, since she might be moving soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest chruxsh0rtie

I haven't read many oneshots but the ones that I did read weren't bad at all!

Kamakaze Girls: Something different, reminded me a bit of Nana but it wasn't exactly the same so it's all good!

Heaven's Will: Had a good plot to it but I wished it was made into a series so we could get a better understanding on the characters' history :[

I.O.N: A cute manga made by Arina Tanemura, I recently borrowed it from a friend and a lot of it is cliche but it was cute nonetheless

• 1 year later...

That oneshot we all really liked called Hotarubi no Mori e has been made into a movie!!! I haven't seen it yet but the moment I heard about it I remembered this thread :)

I can't believe a oneshot was turned into a movie!

I'm going to watch it as soon as I have some free time. Just wanted to pass the news along:

http://www.animecrazy.net/hotarubi-no-mori-e-watch/

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

This was my favorite thread on Soompi back in the day :)  I had so much fun talking about one shot manga with everyone. I recently revisited my old favorites and found that I still enjoyed them. I wanted to share the list here for old times sake. With some luck revive the thread? :) Here it is!

Happy Every Day
Megumi works in a convenience store just because every day she know her crush, who she refers to as the prince, will walk in to buy something. She always has a smile ready for him. Will she ever get closer to him? I loooved this one. Simple story but so darn cute!

Haikei, Nanashi-sama
Terao Chigusa is a super shy girl who gets really nervous when talking to people. She loves to read romance novels and has always loved a certain book called "Dear, Mr. Nameless." One day, she ends up living the same situation as her beloved book!? How will she react!? My heart exploded after I read this one...I don't know how I'm still alive dead lol

First Love (Aruko)
A girl was bullied by a boy when she was in elementary school. Now in her first year of high school, the same boy confesses his love for her and she decided to go out with him for the sole purpose of dumping him and getting her revenge!!!! Comedy and romance, loved it smile 

Kiss, Zekkou, Kiss
Hatori is the class loudmouth and Sakisasa the class goody two shoes. She ignores him and he gets even more rambunctious trying to get under her skin. He finally resorts to planting a kiss on her lips. She pushes him away and since that day he thinks she hates him. They move onto the same middle school, that tension still between them. What will come of it? There is a story at the end that tells the tale from the pov of the guy. It's a stand alone one volume but it has a sequel series.

Orange Kiss - Story 1 - Orange Kiss
Kijima Aka had a dream. In the dream, she and an orange haired boy kissed under the setting sun. And that boy just so happens to be the guy who's in the same class as her, Shimizu! She always thought Shimizu had some kind of grudge against her because he seems to hate her. Will Aka's dream become reality?

Warui Ko no Mikata - Story 3 - Citrus Sweat
A girl goes on a group date only to be stuck with a dude obsessed with being physically fit.
Erimi has dreamed of dating a guy from K West High, a school full of handsome and stylish guys! She goes to a party expecting to meet one of those guys... instead she ends up with Shinichi, a sports mad guy with absolutely no interest in girls! Are Erimi's dating hopes dashed?! I LOOOOOVED THIS!biggrin 

Houkago Love Age - Story 3 - Kirai Kirai Mo?
A boy is always picking a fight with a girl in his class. He manages to get them stuck together for a class event: a test of courage. I LOVE THIS ONE! SO CUTE! biggrin 

Saikou no Kiss wo Ageru - Story 1 - Heartbeat Mail
A girl likes a guy in her class but is too shy to talk to him. She secretly finds out his phone number and texts him anonymously. He keeps up the conversation with her through text...the girl is over the moon but soon just text won't be enough...how will she tell him who she really is? OMG, half way through the story you're going to have to stop reading, flail around, silent scream, throw a pillow across the room and then continue reading lol trust me smile 

What are your favorite oneshot manga? 

Archived