Chae Rim 채림

Admin

Guest fashionista

Wow, are these recent! She just looks so adorable here... like I just want to give her a great big hug!

yeah, she looked adorable!

the pix r recent if they're from the first seoul drama award because it was held on August 29, 2006.

Guest cutiepie

ah yes i hope i didn't confuse anyone, good thing nat pointed it out already, the captured pics are from the 1st Seoul Drama Award Celebration held on August 28 but the clip they showed was from 2002

Guest CindyW88

--------

On 8/17, the producer-director PD Lee Gyo Wook writes an article about Chae Rim in his column "Lee PD's Chinese Wave World" published by the Korean well-known "Cine21-Magazine Net". Below is my translation of the article:

=========

Chae Rim walks on the road of frontier

K0000024_[W545-].jpg

After her divorce news were made public, actress Chae Rim filmed Chinese drama "Secret Legend of Kang Xi's Dynasty". I'd like to meet her during her stay in China. CR and I knew each other. Why am I eager to see her now?

"Basically, we want Chae Rim to come out."

K0000025_1.jpg

Entertainer's path curves. People look at splendid entertainers with envy, and people examine inside of entertainers. Suddenly, entertainers disappear in front of viewers.

Since Chae Rim's debut as "Miss Haetae (미스 해태)" in 1994, she has been walking on the path as an entertainer for 12 years. When CR was in her mid 20s, other actresses in the same age as CR couldn't compare their careers with CR's. CR's career was regarded at the senior level. During those years, she had filmed many dramas. Most of her dramas scored high TV ratings that made her very popular. Broadcasting companies pointed to CR and said, "Basically, we want Chae Rim to come out." She has the capability to penetrate into story and to discover good characters.

Also, she demonstrates her own charisma in her performed character in every drama. Sometimes she is cute; sometimes she is pitiful. Her voice is unique. Although she doesn't have "S" line figure, she has been the lead actress with a healthy body.

The law that she lives

K0000026__[W545-].jpg

For a few years, Chae Rim has been filming at least one Chinese drama in Taiwan, Hong Kong, or China. What is the reason that she performs in Chinese entertainment circle. Clearly, it is not because of money. She could receive offer with more guaranty in Korea. Her manager once said, "Chae Rim received much more care and interest in China. Even though the language is not the same and the food is not right, she deals with them well with curiosity."

When she was at her early 20s, she was satisfactory and respectful to people. She lives her life with adult's attitude based on 'the law that she lives.' She sees a different world and prepares for the next time that she appears. As an actress, at her individual activity stage of Asia, Chae Rim is a new market pioneer at the frontier. Aiming at both TV and commercial's markets in China and Korea, she selects right and appropriate time as well as lives as an actress having the capability of insight.

Chae Rim on the streets of Beijing

K0000027__[W545-].jpg

About one month ago, rumors about Chae Rim's agency were going around. Then Korea "Olive Nine" entertainment enterprise signed an exclusive contract with Chae Rim. It manages CR's domestic and overseas entertainment contracts. Thus, Chae Rim could put the whole piled up results of her 4-5 years activities in Chinese entertainment circle together. She made a wise decision. Applaud to her.

I prepare to co-produce drama with Chinese. How difficult it is to walk alone and collaborate with foreign drama system. I'd like to meet her. I'd like to ask her what her experience and foot trail in Chinese entertainment circle are. How she is going to walk her next steps and where her courage to select next Chinese drama comes from. These are the reasons why I'd like to meet her and talk to her. See her confidently walking grandly and sharing her experience with her Korean colleagues.

Recently, Chae Rim is in Beijing. She is scheduled to attend the promotion of "Secret Legend of Kang Xi's Dynasty" in October. Then she will face the happiness and agony of selecting her next drama. She has been studying induction language course in Chinese university since July. Sunshine pours in Beijing's summer. It is possible to bump into her on the street of Beijing. It takes energy and time to shake off her recent divorce and attachment and to have a little bit happiness. Being a natural actress, Chae Rim lives in this world with her own way. She strides on the streets of Beijing and drinks the air of Seoul freely.

Source: http://www.magazinet.co.kr/Articles/articl...mp;mm=012004004

-----------

PD Lee Gyo Wook (이교욱, 44) is the producer of Korea-China collaborated drama "Beijing, My Love" aired by KBS2 in 2004. Originally, CR was offered to lead this drama but she did not accept the offer. Finally, Kim Jae Won and Han Chae Young accepted the offers. Currently, PD Lee is invited by a Chinese university as a professor.

----------

Guest fashionista

thx for posting the article here too cindy! i didn't know CR turned down Beijing, My Love. I'm glad she did cuz that drama wasn't my cup of tea. I'd initially watched it cuz of KJW.

----

cutiepie, did u ran across any more pix of CR at the award show????? or did anyone else for that matter? i'd love to see more.

Serene, I love your pics of CR . So cute . How I long to see her in a new drama again

Ya, She's cute, isn't she? :D I got them from a very kind fan at www.lovechaelim.com

She made several others too (shown below) & she's very generous in allowing us to take whichever ones we like :D

credits: 飞一样轻 of 心有琳系--www.lovechaelim.com

b_8E6628127D621623.jpgb_8A7F6AC7982D0EF0.jpgb_7BC2E9F9DE1D0B4C.jpgb_2EB734626AB85976.jpg

Guest CindyW88

thx for posting the article here too cindy! i didn't know CR turned down Beijing, My Love. I'm glad she did cuz that drama wasn't my cup of tea. I'd initially watched it cuz of KJW.

----

Yup, when she and Kangta visited Shanghai in 2002, she mentioned to the reporters that she received the offer of “Beijing, My Love”. Here is a scanned photo of that visit:

781605_615x800.jpg

------------

Wow, thanks for the article! I'm glad to hear something on her!

OOh, great article!! Chae Rim deserves all the praises from that article!! She's so talented!

badhairday, vivjelly, you are welcome! :)

-----------

Guest CindyW88

-----------

[News] Ryu Jin’s Wedding Date on 10/29

200609050931271110_1.jpgdice200609050936150.jpg

[sports Hankook / MyDaily / Sports Chosun / GoodDay] 9/5/06

Summary:

Ryu Jin (34) and Lee Hye Sun (이혜선, 27)’s wedding will be held at the “Dynasty Hall” of Shilla Hotel (신라호텔) of Seoul on 10/29.

Ryu Jin has been performing in many dramas such as “Who’s My Love”, “Summer Scent”, “Oh! Must-Win Bong Soon Young”, “The Ballad of Suh Dong”, and “Really Really Like You” well-known in Korea, Taiwan, Japan and China.

The bride Lee Hye Sun is currently working for an airline of Korea. They met each other in 2000 and have been maintaining steady love relationship. Ryu Jin states, “I was attracted by Hye Sun’s bright appearance and fell in love with her. I’ll always love her deeply.” He adds, “From my recent drama ‘Really Really Like You’, I perceive the importance of the head of a household. I want to live together with a person who I love. Thus, I decide to propose and get married.”

After the wedding ceremony, the couple will enjoy their honeymoon in Maldives. This couple plans to live in an apartment located at San-ahm-dong of Seoul (상암동).

Source:

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/2006...09361558390.htm

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...609050931271110

http://www.chosun.com/se/news/200609/200609050208.html

http://news.goodday.co.kr/2006/09/05/20060...941402100.shtml

==========

Congratulations to Ryu Jin! :D

20734001_550x364.jpg

2975299_700x400.jpg

2975303_700x400.jpg

2493272_640x480.jpg

22078802_720x480.jpg

22078870_720x480.jpg

23256917_499x411.jpg

------------

ahhh i really like CHAERIM sooo much! she's not just a great actress but also wise in choosing what drama woiuld really work out for her...!

Guest cutiepie

so great to see you back Cindy!!! love the Cine21 article, it's great to read how others praise CR, and congratulations to Ryu Jin! :)

nat: no i don't believe they showed CR at the actual award ceremony, they only showed clips from kdramas but none with CR in it, i just deleted the celebration video, i just quickly cut the clip i made the captures from

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vvtxyl

Ah yes, thanks Cindy for posting the Cine21 article here for more fans to enjoy reading as most do not visit the english board :P It always gives me great pleasure to know others, besides us fans, appreciate & recognize CR's talent & holds her in such high esteem :)

Congratulations to RJ too, wish him everlasting happiness & marital bliss :)

& thanks cutiepie for the clip, you're always such a darling :wub: though CR's part isn't new but it's always so refreshing to see her. I've read (& seen a pic) in our newspapers of Kim Sun-ah being the most eye-catching actress in a very low cut sexy gown attending the ceremony & had been wondering whether our dear CR was there since she'd been back in Seoul. I'm glad to know she attended :D though a pity no pictures of her :( I miss her very much...

Guest fashionista

nat: no i don't believe they showed CR at the actual award ceremony, they only showed clips from kdramas but none with CR in it, i just deleted the celebration video, i just quickly cut the clip i made the captures from

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vvtxyl

i have the first part of the actual award ceremony but haven't watched it yet. so, cr's not in the video???? what a bummer! anyhoo, thanks for the clip. i'm gonna dl it now. :)

Guest CindyW88

so great to see you back Cindy!!! love the Cine21 article, it's great to read how others praise CR, and congratulations to Ryu Jin! :)

cutiepie, thanks! :) I’m always here. Since I am one of the staffs of this Forum, in order to follow the rules published by the moderator, I could only post info and photos related to Korean dramas and movies . :rolleyes:

Yup! I'm really happy for Ryu Jin! :D CR is always The BEST! No doubt about it! :P

-----------

Guest cutiepie

i have the first part of the actual award ceremony but haven't watched it yet. so, cr's not in the video???? what a bummer! anyhoo, thanks for the clip. i'm gonna dl it now. :)

yeah the ceremony was really boring, part 2 was better than part 1 though because of there were more performances, kim sun ah and jerry yan's part was funny, he pronounced jang dong gun's name wrong, lol

cutiepie, thanks! :) I’m always here. Since I am one of the staffs of this Forum, in order to follow the rules published by the moderator, I could only post info and photos related to Korean dramas and movies . :rolleyes:

Yup! I'm really happy for Ryu Jin! :D CR is always The BEST! No doubt about it! :P

-----------

ah i understand now, it is always nice to see you drop in this thread though :D

didn't know there are certain rules the staff have to follow..i help mod at another forum, i just know that i am supposed to help click the google ads, which most of the time i forget, haha

really cute gifs shanmei, thanks for posting :)

Guest badhairday

That's too bad that they didn't show CR at the award ceremony. I wonder if it's because she's been absent from the Korean entertainment...