Korean Celeb Photos Forum Is Cluttering.. O__o

The amount of "official" threads are growing a lotttttttttt.

And unlike in the K-music forum, there's official threads for not only GROUPS, but INDIVIDUALS of those GROUPS. and on top of that there's official threads for the most random couplings :ph34r:

and because of that.. they tend to push out the other new threads

I don't know how all these threads all started popping up (I think it's cause one of the celebs won soompi king and got his own official thread.. thus the birth of all these threads *_* )

maybe it's time to bring back the clan forum???

I don't really renember what the clan forum was about cause I went in there like.. once before the Soompi Crash.

but the clan forum was sort of like little fanclubs for whatever the members pleased right?

a lot of the threads are more so ongoing discussions (like in k-drama and k-music discussion threads where they give updates, and whatnot) than pictures - so I don't think it's appropiate for the k-celeb photos forum?

Some "official other celeb picss" thread got moved from the other celebs to other music forum for the same reason.. cause it was more discussion than pictures.

quote Jaeho-

I heard the excuse that they're "official picture threads" but come on... If a thread has more chat and info than pics, is it really a picture thread? The other music section is really lacking in the official topic department anyway.

I think this is sort of the same thing with a lot of the threads in the k-celeb photos forum.. but there's no other appropiate place to put it and it's just kinda multiplying a lot o_o

I think we should bring back the clan forum

or

have people move their fan threads to the soompi.com site (fanclub section) cause there still isn't a lot of activity there anyway and it'll get more traffic at the official site :) ?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest safelittlethoughts

Yes, this is SO true. There's an official thread for almost every Super Junior member, SNSD member, Wonder Girls member, and the list goes on and on. Shoo, they even have official "pairing" threads and trust me, they have more talk than pictures. Some aren't even real photos; a majority are Photoshopped. I've been going through them, so that's how I know.

Its usually the threads that have photoshoots that don't last too long. Other threads just have bashing and arguing. <_<

Guest kimi.;;☆

maybe they should have a different forum for official member threads? and not allow individual member threads and random couplings and such.

That's kinda true. I had forgotten about the clans! Wow. Maybe it would be nice to have a separate area for the official threads...it would definitely clean the area up a bit.

-ginger

Yeah, I'm seeing WAY too many random coupling threads. Seriously I think it's ridiculous cause I can't even find any new picture threads because all the official "picture" threads keep popping up when there's usually more discussion in there.

I think its a good idea to traffic them to the main site. It is also sort of a good idea to bring back the clan forum, but wouldn't that just create more useless threads? I remember back when they used to have them, and people would usually have totally random clan threads and create threads that have already been created, or have like a slightly different variation of it.. for example "clumsy clan" and "ditzy clan".

Guest pikapika

the official threads i dont mind~the pairings/couplings/threesomes that dont even exist drive me crazy

--

also~is it ok to have those balloons threads...i mean its nice seeing the pretty colors but do we need "official" topics for pictures of masses of fangirls holding up balloons? its not like the pictures are all that different from each other...

Guest cherrie.7

i actually liked the clan section part of the forum before soompi crashed.

i was thinking the other day how soompi should bring it back as well. moving all these official threads in the k celebs photos sounds isn't a bad idea.

Guest #SHINAI

i'm not a soompier from way back

how do these clans work?

on topic, I TOTALLY AGREE

usually korean celeb photos forum has latest news with recent pics

but now all i see are couple/official threads

i don't mind official threads but i go in there for pictures and,

most of the time it's only on the first post couple pages then the rest is talk

Guest 5imply_5wt

totally agree even though i do contribute pictures for one of the coupling thread lol i still prefer it before all the coupling official threads began. it's really annoying to look through all the pages where the fans are talking about their favourite couples and make stories about then.

also newcomers to the kpop section actually thought they were real couples =="

honestly, i agree. i had doubts when i created the haesica thread, cuz i was thinking "holy molly, there's maaaany couples threads", not that i regret, but i guess it would have been better not to do it =S. i try to contibute with pictures everytime i can, to make the thread to be what it's suppossed to be, a picture thread, but sometimes, i can't.

separating them sounds good.

Guest incomplete.

yeah, I know what you mean

how about create a sub-forum for official thread in K-celeb like we did in K-music underground?

I think it would make the clan look organizer

Guest disfunktional.

lol, i hate those coupling threads. I find it annoying but seriously, the people there change their minds so fast you can't even catch up. Like this one couple thread where everyone went, 'what's the point of this thread when they don't even have any pics together?' cause the poster just posted a picture of _ and a picture of _ Then when this other thread started (that was exactly the same way except it's a different coupling) and all i said was '_ and _ don't really make a cute couple', I had really BAD reaction from the posters there lol. They went 'why are you so uptight about everything? It's just for fun, don't you imagine?' or 'Couplings are how fanfics are written', etc. If you want to do a fanfic with that coupling then write it. And i swear a couple of them were the ones that disagreed in the other thread o_________o I think those threads should be closed cause they are WAY too POINTLESS X] Can't people imagine in their head? or just go to their official picture thread and do it .

Guest safelittlethoughts

^ Yeah, I have to agree with you on that. The coupling threads make no sense to me, and they're taking over the korean celeb photos section. And yes, they annoy me SO much. People usually spazz in there because _____ stood near _____. Every page you would see coupling threads, and even members official threads. And there are even threads that always state something useless that should CLEARLY be posted in the official thread. Example, "______ is known worldwide because of [some online video stream]", "_______ was posted on _______". And those look-a-likes topics are also useless.

Like everyone else said, why not make a subforum for these members profiles, or just post in the OFFICIAL thread on the korean music section where there's like a problem or something. For example, if someone hacked the wikipedia page of _____, no one should create a topic about it and let everyone see it; instead, post it in the official thread, or fix the page yourself. But this would have more useless topics on soompi. TT__TT

I think the korean celeb photos should have topics that are about photoshoots, previews for MVs, news that provide photos of that topic, and...well I can't think of anything else right now. :ph34r:

I guess some people are only posting other information in this section is to let other fans be informed. Well if you're a fan, visit the official thread.

Guest yienyienyien

I agree with you. Like, on the first page, probably 80% of the topics are "The OFFICIAL ______ THREAD". I think a clan subforum would be good. :) And some ppl (who are newbies) really think they're couples when most of them are just pure imagination or fictional.

I have an idea of a couple threads that some of you guys are talking about, and I agree completely. I admit that I'm a fan of a few of the pairings or "sub-groups" but the forum is cluttering with all sorts of topics: K-Pop news topics, official photo topics, pairing topics and just some other random topics.

A sub-forum would help definitely. *nods*

I think creating a subforum would definitely be a good idea (it'll keep the topic creater/contributers happy and make the rest of us happy that the forum is back to its original state), but it doesn't change the fact that these official threads are more discussion and CHAT than pictures so does it even belong in the k-celebs picture forum at all? (that's why I suggested a clan forum ^^;; or moving to the main site)

Yeah, I'm seeing WAY too many random coupling threads. Seriously I think it's ridiculous cause I can't even find any new picture threads because all the official "picture" threads keep popping up when there's usually more discussion in there.

I think its a good idea to traffic them to the main site. It is also sort of a good idea to bring back the clan forum, but wouldn't that just create more useless threads? I remember back when they used to have them, and people would usually have totally random clan threads and create threads that have already been created, or have like a slightly different variation of it.. for example "clumsy clan" and "ditzy clan".

oh.. you're right. well, like I said I've only been in there.. once so I don't renember much XD

Maybe we can have a downplayed version of the clan forum for these threads and keep the nonsense clans out @_@? (a clan subforum of the k-celebs photo forum ? )

Guest #SHINAI

And those look-a-likes topics are also useless.

Like everyone else said, why not make a subforum for these members profiles, or just post in the OFFICIAL thread on the korean music section where there's like a problem or something. For example, if someone hacked the wikipedia page of _____, no one should create a topic about it and let everyone see it; instead, post it in the official thread, or fix the page yourself. But this would have more useless topics on soompi. TT__TT

I think the korean celeb photos should have topics that are about photoshoots, previews for MVs, news that provide photos of that topic, and...well I can't think of anything else right now. :ph34r:

cut your post,sorry! ^^;

i think we should have ONE thread dedicated to look-a-likes. but that's more member 411 type?

cuz the person being compared to the celeb isn't a real celeb nor is half the time,

do they ever look like the celebrity at all -0- it is fun when they do tho (:

and i totally agree with the wikipedia thing; i want to add

no one should also make a topic about anti sites and then be immature,wanting to bash etc.

that's pretty pointless as well.

krn celeb photos used to be a place with topics like that but now,

not so much eh :\

I'm so going to get bash for this post. Here goes.

First of all. I too agreed that the K Celeb Forum is getting cluttered.

However, I feel like you people complained too much. It's a picture forum, as long as it's picture no matter if it's photoshop or not it is still considered picture. If not then why is it that those pictures that is photoshopped by someone else in korea get to be in that forum and not the art gallery? While a manip also considered a picture, made by someone in this forum not allow in the picture forum? What about the ullzang thread? Most of the pictures are photoshop too.

What is the different between an Official picture thread and an official music thread. They both have pictures in it. Why won't they move the official music thread to the k celeb forum since every page is fill with picture. Even more than one of these picture thread. It is a picture forum, as long as there are pictures in it whether it's on the first page or last page people will be discussing about it.

What is the different between a normal picture thread and a pairing thread? They both have pictures and discussion going on. What? you want everyone to just say "omg he's so hot" end of the post? Wasting space. Even though those pairing thread are random and useless but they did follow the rule, they have pictures and replies to the thread. They have discussion. You don't want any discussion at all in the picture thread? Then why did you even reply to a thread of hot pictures of someone you like? Isn't that discussion?

Picture forum is like a spamming place with pictures.

Everything is in that place. Because it is a picture forum, as long as there are pictures of kceleb then it should be in that place.

Some of you just want to get rid of those thread because some groups are paired up with your favorite groups. ( yeah, I'm totally gonna get bash for this one).

I have no problem finding new pictures in that forum. I see new thread popping up every day with some new pictures. o.O

I do get annoyed with all these pairing threads popping up, but they have pictures in them so I don't really care anymore. As long as they follow soompi rules.

I also see some people in this thread post in one of those pairing thread as well >_>

Gah I'm sleepy, I'll continue tomorrow.

*run away*

Guest justdie-yuki

i'll summoned it up and say i agree with linh ^

edit: i thought i'd add something to this. :)

pairing yaoi pair like jaeho and jaemin and minho whatever isn't it the same thing?

still both in each thread why can't they just go in a group?

it's so annoying having to both or three +++ thread to find picture

and each thread being 500++ pages.

linh *wave pom pom*

Archived