Korean Celeb Photos Forum Is Cluttering.. O__o

Guest GDxL0VE

i got upset when my favorite pairing thread got closed, but i have to admit, that forum has gotten cleaner and well organized. i won't complain the pairing threads getting closed, so yeah. =D

i don't think that people are appreciating the fact that the soompi mods and staff are helping the forum to become well-organized and forum-friendly.

like someone said earlier, DEAL WITH IT~

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest saranghae!

If you keep whining about it, cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it. This is not your forum.

I don't think this is your forum either.

And people are going to be upset about a topic that they frequently visited suddenly shut down.

I understand what you're advocating and why you're replying the way you are I just think the last bit was unnecessary and rude.

Soompi does not HAVE TO provide anything for anyone. We should be happy that soomp! is keeping this forum open since we meet so many people who have similar interest, get infos bout artists/music etc here. Of course it can never satisfy 100% everyone who came here. There will always be ignorant demanding ungrateful people who can't appreciate soompi for what it is.

If some people dont like it and threaten to leave, then let them leave. I bet with you they will have to come back here after a while. Or it's fine if they don't. No one appreciates complainers. I think it's best they create a new forum for themselves and discuss the couplings.

It's ridiculous for the minority 1% to ask for a subforum from soompi when soompi can use that space for the other 99%'s needs.

This subforum is for suggestions. So I was giving one. Forgive me if I'm confused but think I'm allowed to do that here.

I don't know who you're calling ignorant or ungrateful either.

I'm well aware of the fact that fans of couple threads are the minority on soompi.

And just like you said - those threads gave people a place to talk about a common interest whether or not it was the kceleb forum place for it.

I never said that particular subforum was the right place for these kinds of topics - my concern is that I don't see a right place for these topics. That's all I was talking about in that post.

I'm just voicing my own personal opinion on it - just like you're voicing your own opinion by calling me ungrateful, ignorant, and demanding.

That being said - I think this topic has fufilled its purpose and probably should be closed because it's just causing needless arguments now.

Guest Jamieâ„¢

good job for closing the couple-threads :thumbsup:

I think the WGM threads should be closed as well. People can post about them in the WGM thread in the k-drama section. I mean, back when the show Loveletter was on, people kept their discussion/pictures within the official thread in the k-drama section, so I don't see why WGM fans can't do the same.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

I'm sorry, we do try to accommodate the majority.

Not the obsessed and defensive minority.

but wonderbang thread has lots of picture.

it does not consist chat only.

o.0

Most, if not, all are not authentic but rather little fan made snippets or exaggerations of both groups being in the same picture.

'Cause you know... photos are photographs... not little imaginary graphics of WG and Big Bang.

if the threads really bother some of you guys then just don't go into the threads...

but oh my it must really give you an eyesore just to look at the threads huh?

i love how soompi is so biased in so many ways with so many people runnning around

wanting the world to spin in their direction.

"it's annoying"

"it's cluttered"

DEAL WIT IT cause it's not only you that's looking at the threads.

1. It stains the original purpose of that forum

2. Yeah, it's not only regular members who have to look at those threads. The staff does as well.

3. Staff members shouldn't have to try to moderate something that shouldn't even be there

4. These people "running around" are people who are voicing their opinions on something they find flawed, and THIS section is where they're supposed to post anyway. Their opinions are perfectly rational and backed up.

I don't think a lot of people are aware that Soompi is a privately owned company. While being open to the public and doing our best to accommodate users, at the same time it's in our discretion as the legal governing and ownership parties to make changes we deem fit. Should you disagree with our policies and actions despite our rationales, you're more than free to create your own site and forums that suit your own demands; such a site and forums would be under your jurisdiction to manage, not ours.

im concerned for the others who do not have the time to make and join in 411s.

it's okay for me to be banned as long as it's for the WONDERBANG thread.

that's how much i love them and the members of it.

our shared pics, vids, gifs, stories, etc ended up useless because of the closure

and the most important, the time we spent.

you could've given us warnings before.

You wouldn't have been warned before when it wasn't an issue. As a result of the plethora of overall fake couple threads full of spamming, we now have a reason to call it an issue. As I've said, create your own site to satisfy yourself. Getting yourself banned for a little cause is irrational. Really, explain to your friends at school that don't use Soompi how you're taking this matter out of hand.

We, the Soompi management, can't satisfy everyone. And if it's anyone we satisfy, it's the majority; which is unfortunate for you as the minority.

Guest inyeon.

I also dislike SNSD but your signature is so retarded and immature. If you think Soshified is so great then just go there and don't even come here and bash soompi in your signature. :blink: That's kinda ironic dont you think?

wait whuttt? :blink: hellakoo is disliking snsd/soshified, not soompi o_o she doesnt like soshified rofl.

-

lol this is exactly what i dislike about soompi.

First a lot of people say "YEAH CLOSE THOSE COUPLING THREADS!" and nearly no one comes and defends anything.

And while all the mods are having a hard time deciding whether to make this rule or not, you guys dont say anything.

Its not until afterwards, when the mods have come up with a final decision, that YOU PEOPLE decide to start defending yourselves and saying "its no fair! we had pics!"

<_<

It happened like, what, two times now? And people are just never satisfied. :tongue2:

Guest .moony.

^ Ohh I just reread her sig, so the first question "does soompi = soshified?" made me think shes comparing and she liked soshified. I forgot for a moment that soshified is a SNSD forum.

And if you don't think she's disliking soompi, go back to page 8 and read =) n check her sig.

This subforum is for suggestions. So I was giving one. Forgive me if I'm confused but think I'm allowed to do that here.

I don't know who you're calling ignorant or ungrateful either.

I'm well aware of the fact that fans of couple threads are the minority on soompi.

And just like you said - those threads gave people a place to talk about a common interest whether or not it was the kceleb forum place for it.

I never said that particular subforum was the right place for these kinds of topics - my concern is that I don't see a right place for these topics. That's all I was talking about in that post.

I'm just voicing my own personal opinion on it - just like you're voicing your own opinion by calling me ungrateful, ignorant, and demanding.

That being said - I think this topic has fufilled its purpose and probably should be closed because it's just causing needless arguments now.

Hey I never called you ignorant and demanding or ungrateful. I'm speaking in GENERAL as quite a number of very unreasonable people have become very defensive and saying mean stuffs bout soompi in the previous page and in the pinned thread in Kphoto section. I don't know why you came up with that conclusion. I quoted part of your post bout the subforum part and replying to your suggestion, that soompi does not need to provide anyone anything, since they've provided us with a lot already.

I'm just shocked that I was replying in general and you got so defensive thinking I was talking only about you. o_o

Guest piabebs

Banning me or giving me a warning will never stop us from fighting for our thread. Im not doing this just for our WB thread but also for the others. So now the real problem was the spamming.

You could have given us a warning or you could have banned us for a mean time but you just closed it all of a sudden. PMing and joining in 411s. It would be too inconvinient for us. Imagine that

the topics are posted by one person, after 5 or more posts, someone would post again to the same topic. It will be really inconvenient and time consuming. Aside from that, other people who's not familiar

topic can't relate. Well you are the mods and we're just members. WE are all sad because of the sudden closing of THREAD WITH FAKE COUPLINGS or should I say, THREADS WITH MANY SPAMS.

I think you haven't experienced what we experienced. The KCP is cluttering? Or other members get tired and lazy from looking and searching for the thread they want and you couldn't find it easily because

of many threads. I've experienced that one and I just dealt with it because I would do everything for my idols. And also, we never know if some couples are really dating or not. I KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT

OUR FORUM but as members, we make your forum strong and famous. I agree with what other people say that you will NEVER understand a person unless you have experienced what he or she

experienced. The way I see it, you abuse your power and position. This is not the only thread in the world and there are better forums out there with industrious and hard-working mods. It's not a little cause for

God's sake. We will really make our OWN forum that can satisfy ourselves. I will stop now cause I know Im a burden for the powerful and almighty mods. They should not be given hard work and they shouldn't be angered by

the members.---Sometimes I can be sarcastic.

Guest kimchi hana

^You again.

Well fight as much as you want, I doubt you will win.

No one HAS to give you a warning before closing your thread.

There's one whole thread of the 20 character rule most people seem to forget.

Would you like me to quote it?

13. MINIMUM POST LENGTH

Posts must be 20 characters or longer. DO NOT circumvent this rule by posting "20 characters" or the like.

While I'm on this, why don't I quote the signature rules, also?

Because you seem to be breaking it at the moment.

Signatures:

- Maximum of 4 lines of text.

- Maximum of 2 banners/images that can be on the same line as long as they fit the size requirements

(you cannot substitute an image for a line, vice versa)

It's strongly enforced that people should not spam. They should already know.

It is mentioned that you shouldn't start personal conversations either.

FYI there is so "banned us for a mean time" You're banned or you're not.

Please stop your arguing because it is quite pointless.

You're asking for your thread back so you can chat with each other.

It's great you're making a WB forum. Make a Facebook group! MySpace! Freaking chat there!

The KCP is cluttering? Or other members get tired and lazy from looking and searching for the thread they want and you couldn't find it easily because of many threads
And those many threads being couple threads.

Some members don't even search for a specific thread.

Some of us go in there for some ACTUAL news about celebrities.

NO, DO NOT EVEN GET STARTED ABOUT MODS ABUSING THEIR POWERS. GTFO. NO.

You do not have any idea of all the work they put into this forum and maintaining it.

Maybe if you decide to argue about something, please make sure you make sense.

It's people like you who make it so difficult for them with such a SIMPLE thing. You difficult people.

Seriously, closing the Wonderbang thread will not destroy your life.

If it does, then that is totally lame. Plus, Wonderbang is almost dead.

Calvin&Hobbes, nice signature. I love the bolded red.

Guest piabebs

i doubt that i'll win too

so with that

WONDERBANGERS~ stop PMing them~

IT'S USELESS I TELL YOU

just visit the new WB forum which is BETTER.

wayyy to better~

thanks for quoting the rules!!! HAHA:|

i love the siggy with bold red too^^

Guest GDxL0VE

i think now is a great time to close this thread. the arguments are getting SO out of hand. the mods aren't your mommies; they're simply people who help this forum become a better place for EVERYONE, not just a group of people.

please, i got over my pairing thread getting shut down, and you could too. its not like the world is gonna end.

gosh, WonderBangers. why so serious? you guys have a frigging MYSPACE and forum

(wtf?)

dedicated to your little pairing. go to them! they're there for a reason.

again, can someone please close this thread before there are more altercations.

wow. there's tension in this thread. i just came to say thank you, mods for closing all the threads. last year, i loved going to the kcp section for updates, but then lately, i rarely went in there due to the massive amount of coupling threads. this makes things much easier. i never bothered going into the coupling threads, so not a loss to me. (although, i did love the suyin thread and the boa+dbsk thread, but i'm over it.)

again, thank you mods!

and it probably is a good idea to close this topic. before more arguments start.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Banning me or giving me a warning will never stop us from fighting for our thread. Im not doing this just for our WB thread but also for the others. So now the real problem was the spamming.

You could have given us a warning or you could have banned us for a mean time but you just closed it all of a sudden. PMing and joining in 411s. It would be too inconvinient for us. Imagine that

the topics are posted by one person, after 5 or more posts, someone would post again to the same topic. It will be really inconvenient and time consuming. Aside from that, other people who's not familiar

topic can't relate. Well you are the mods and we're just members. WE are all sad because of the sudden closing of THREAD WITH FAKE COUPLINGS or should I say, THREADS WITH MANY SPAMS.

I think you haven't experienced what we experienced. The KCP is cluttering? Or other members get tired and lazy from looking and searching for the thread they want and you couldn't find it easily because

of many threads. I've experienced that one and I just dealt with it because I would do everything for my idols. And also, we never know if some couples are really dating or not. I KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT

OUR FORUM but as members, we make your forum strong and famous. I agree with what other people say that you will NEVER understand a person unless you have experienced what he or she

experienced. The way I see it, you abuse your power and position. This is not the only thread in the world and there are better forums out there with industrious and hard-working mods. It's not a little cause for

God's sake. We will really make our OWN forum that can satisfy ourselves. I will stop now cause I know Im a burden for the powerful and almighty mods. They should not be given hard work and they shouldn't be angered by

the members.---Sometimes I can be sarcastic.

... Right.

We don't know the experiences of regular members? Considering that prior to becoming moderators, we were all regular members as well. I'm sorry, but in the 6+ years history of soompi, there were never any issues in the Korean Celeb Photos section until now. If something new (such as fake coupling threads) causes an inconvenience to the moderators, and more importantly, the majority of members, we'll make do something about it. If we really abused our power and positions, someone would've just banned you already. But no, we haven't, and we don't plan on doing so despite your objective behavior and responses

You are exaggerating over something absolutely imaginary and letting it distort reality. Again it cannot be stressed enough that new policies and moderator actions cannot satisfy everyone; if you feel this isn't right for you, you are free to leave.

Archived